Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,430 members, 7,808,532 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:08 PM

I’m Considering Apc’s Invitation, Says Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Considering Apc’s Invitation, Says Atiku (900 Views)

KORO To Defect From PDP... Considering APC / Ibb Is A Pillar Of Unity, Stability, Says Atiku / Igbo Deserve To Produce President In 2015, Says Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Considering Apc’s Invitation, Says Atiku by Lily010(f): 7:36am On Dec 19, 2013

All Progressives Congress (APC) leaders yesterday met with former Vice President Atiku Abubakar in his Abuja home.

The APC leaders described the over one hour meeting as a continuation of the party’s consultations with past leaders and stakeholders across the nation.

The meeting came on the heels of the defection of 37 members of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the House of Representatives to the APC.

Atiku told reporters shortly after the meeting, that the discussions were very fruitful, stressing that he had always believed in the two party system.

He said he welcomed the formation of the APC, adding that he would meet with his friends and political associates with the view to taking a decision on the next line of action.

The former Vice President described the formation of the APC as healthy for democracy, and would give Nigerians a credible alternative in the 2015 general elections.

Atiku said: “We want to let you know that we had very fruitful discussions and you know I have always believed in a two-party structure.

“So I welcome the formation of APC. We have discussed extensively and I will meet with my political associates and friends.

“Most of us have been friends and political associates for over two decades. I will call my stakeholders across the country. We will take a decision and address the press and let you know our decision.

“I congratulated them (APC leaders) and welcomed them because it will improve competition and governance. It is healthy for our democracy.

“Once you have one very strong party and weak ones, there is no way the opposition can check the government in power.

“If the South Africans faced Apartheid in the past, Nigeria is facing colonialism. The struggle has been long for the enthronement of democracy in our country.

“It is time we realised we have responsibility to our generation and those yet unborn. I think it (APC) will give Nigerians an alternative during elections. So, I told them I will consult with my associates and brief the press later.”

APC Interim National Chairman Chief Bisi Akande, who led the delegation, said the visit was to cement a long standing political relationship with Atiku, spanning more than two decades.

Akande had, in an earlier remark, said the party decided to meet Atiku against the background of the country being rubbished by the leadership at the centre.

“We feel that it is necessary to meet people of like minds to rise up and salvage the country. All of us that met here were comrades in politics.

“We only met today to cement that comradeship and all is well cemented. We are moving together to work for this country,” Akande said.

Former military Head of State Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, said the party leaders would also meet with former President Olusegun Obasanjo.

Buhari said: “We have been visiting others like the G7 governors and we have visited all former Heads of State.

“We intend to visit former President Olusegun Obasanjo when he is available to ask for his understanding and brief him on why we formed the APC.”

The APC leaders who visited Atiku include Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Borno State Governor Kashim Shettima; Dr. Ogbonnaya Onu and Senate Minority Leader, George Akume.

Others are: Former House of Representatives Speaker Aminu Bello Masari; former Aviation Minister, Femi Fani-Kayode former Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) Chairman Nuhu Ribadu.

Former Borno State Governor, Ali Modu Sheriff, Senator Kabiru Gaya and Senator Suleiman Nazif were also on the delegation

SOURCE: http://
Re: I’m Considering Apc’s Invitation, Says Atiku by Nobody: 7:53am On Dec 19, 2013
Wtf is ogbonnaya onu doing there with mallams?
Anyway, i'm starting to get bored with this whole idea that apc is trying to give us fresh breathe, they are made up of the same folks that are in pdp.
Imagine atiku, former heads of state i.e abubakar and co.
When will this people give us fresh breathe.
You are trying to get a new and better result yet you keep using old, faded and useless stuff to achieve this. How do you think you can deliver good democracy to Nigerians with obj, atiku, buhari, tinubu and co?
I give up!
Good morning.
Re: I’m Considering Apc’s Invitation, Says Atiku by Kodak2000: 10:53pm On Dec 19, 2013
SEE MUMU FANNY KAYODE AT THE BACK LIKE GOAT TRYING TO PUT NECK IN PICTURE.
HE IS NOT IMPORTANT.
DEMON DOG MOLESTER OF OWN DAUGHTERS.
KING OF INCE$T. DIE.
FANNY COCAINE DEMON DOG MOLESTER OF OWN DAUGHTERS.
Re: I’m Considering Apc’s Invitation, Says Atiku by nduchucks: 11:10pm On Dec 19, 2013
Is there anyone else who doubts that GEJ is finished?

Note how Tinubu has sort of taken a back seat and allowed Buhari to be the fase of APC. Buhari has been making pronoucements such as "We will meet with OBJ" etc. Tinubu is turning out to be a very savvy and smart politician who understands that he has some baggages which his enemies can use to fight APC if Tinubu were the face of APC or its presidential candidate.

I believe Jagaban Borgu may be one of the most powerful politicians in Nigeria today. GEJ has alienated every well meaning supporter and he continues to present himself as the President of the SS/SE or Ijaws alone. GEJ and his crew have been selling off national assets to their cronies and believe they can renegotiate the oil block contracts whereby, they will move the same to their cronies, come 2016.

His handlers have grossly miscalculated and will pay dearly for their miscalculations.

We continue to watch the Dangotes and the Odetolas of Nigeria; if those guys shift allegiance from GEJ, then GEJ may not make it to 2015 as our President.
Re: I’m Considering Apc’s Invitation, Says Atiku by Onlytruth(m): 11:16pm On Dec 19, 2013
ndu_chucks: Is there anyone else who doubts that GEJ is finished?

Note how Tinubu has sort of taken a back seat and allowed Buhari to be the fase of APC. Buhari has been making pronoucements such as "We will meet with OBJ" etc. Tinubu is turning out to be a very savvy and smart politician who unerstands that he has some baggages which his enemies can use to fight APC if Tinubu were the face of APC or its presidential candidate.

I believe Jagaban Borgu may be one of the most powerful politicians in Nigeria today. GEJ has alienated every well meaning supporter and he continues to present himself as the President of the SS/SE or Ijaws alone. GEJ and his crew have been selling off national assets to their cronies and are believe they can renegotiate the oil block contracts whereby they will move the same to their cronies, come 2016.

His handlers have grossly miscalculated and will pay dearly for their miscalculations.

We continue to watch the Dangotes and the Odetolas of Nigeria; if those guys shift allegiance from GEJ, then GEJ may not make it to 2015 as our President.

You keep making outrageous and unsubstantiated allegations against our beloved president. Where were you when Obasanjo was busy selling off the whole of Nigeria (including Bakassi) to the highest bidder?
Now that some of those thieves are being quarantined and the stolen assets recovered and shared fairly, you are here crying wolf.
The truth remains that Nigeria is yet to recover even 10% of stolen assets handed over to thieves in the North and their international puppeteers.
By God's grace we shall recover ALL of them.
Re: I’m Considering Apc’s Invitation, Says Atiku by nduchucks: 11:21pm On Dec 19, 2013
Onlytruth:

You keep making outrageous and unsubstantiated allegations against our beloved president. Where were you when Obasanjo was busy selling off the whole of Nigeria (including Bakassi) to the highest bidder?
Now that some of those thieves are being quarantined and the stolen assets recovered and shared fairly, you are here crying wolf.
The truth remains that Nigeria is yet to recover even 10% of stolen assets handed over to thieves in the North and their international puppeteers.
By God's grace we shall recover ALL of them.

Eze, this tactic of yours is old and ineffective. Your logic is that since OBJ stole in the past, we must ignore GEJ's stealing today - this is senseless and dumb. All the mofos belong in jail as far as I am concerned. For now GEJ is the President so the focus is on him

People like you were shouting that Ibori should not be prosecuted in Nigeria because other governors were thieves. Shame on you, bad Eze
Re: I’m Considering Apc’s Invitation, Says Atiku by jmaine: 11:21pm On Dec 19, 2013
Why is Tinubu looking all gloomy ? . .Has he given up already due to the calibre of vermins tainting the pristine image of the APC.

Look at Buhari with his trawl net gleefully fetching as much junk he can get cheesy cheesy . . . .We shall get to hear from his supporters how he hopes to fight corruption and how he abhors corrupt individuals . . . .

Am so loving this new APC, they will be feasted upon by the propaganda machinery of the PDP when actions begins . . . grin
Re: I’m Considering Apc’s Invitation, Says Atiku by Onlytruth(m): 11:29pm On Dec 19, 2013
ndu_chucks:

Eze, this tactic of yours is old and ineffective. Your logic is that since OBJ stole in the past, we must ignore GEJ's stealing today - this is senseless and dumb. All the mofos belong in jail as far as I am concerned. For now GEJ is the President so the focus is on him

People like you were shouting that Ibori should not be prosecuted in Nigeria because other governors were thieves. Shame on you, bad Eze

I am always in support of asset recovery and redistribution. My Igbo people say " O ji ihe nwata welie aka ya, emechaa O ga eweturiri aka ya, nwata ewerekwa ihe ya" -a man who snatches a toy from a child and raises his hand far from the child's reach, gravity will inevitably force that hand down, in time!

Jonathan is our gravity. cool
Re: I’m Considering Apc’s Invitation, Says Atiku by DerideGull(m): 11:35pm On Dec 19, 2013
ndu_chucks: Is there anyone else who doubts that GEJ is finished?

Note how Tinubu has sort of taken a back seat and allowed Buhari to be the fase of APC. Buhari has been making pronoucements such as "We will meet with OBJ" etc. Tinubu is turning out to be a very savvy and smart politician who understands that he has some baggages which his enemies can use to fight APC if Tinubu were the face of APC or its presidential candidate.

I believe Jagaban Borgu may be one of the most powerful politicians in Nigeria today. GEJ has alienated every well meaning supporter and he continues to present himself as the President of the SS/SE or Ijaws alone. GEJ and his crew have been selling off national assets to their cronies and believe they can renegotiate the oil block contracts whereby, they will move the same to their cronies, come 2016.

Mr. chucks,

Have you recently heard what your boy, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, is saying about the goofy letter he allegedly wrote to the President about the so-called missing $50 billion from crude oil proceeds?
Re: I’m Considering Apc’s Invitation, Says Atiku by nduchucks: 11:44pm On Dec 19, 2013
DerideGull:

Mr. chucks,

Have you recently heard what your boy, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, is saying about the goofy letter he allegedly wrote to the President about the so-called missing $50 billion from crude oil proceeds?

Mr. Gull, Sanusi takes responsibilities for his actions unlike some Ministers and government officials. He revised his numbers and we Nigerians, owe him gratitude for exposing the fact that NNPC has still not remitted $12billion to the CBN as required by law.

Onlytruth:

I am always in support of asset recovery and redistribution. My Igbo people say " O ji ihe nwata welie aka ya, emechaa O ga eweturiri aka ya, nwata ewerekwa ihe ya" -a man who snatches a toy from a child and raises his hand far from the child's reach, gravity will inevitably force that hand down, in time!

Jonathan is our gravity. cool

Eze, our people also say "Agboghobia tochaa o chere ibe ya". Don't interprete the saying literally but give it the real interpretation which means: "you do not have to struggle for every thing; nature does take its due course". Nna, nature has jump started a Tsunami which GEJ will not be able to stop.
Re: I’m Considering Apc’s Invitation, Says Atiku by Kanwulia: 11:45pm On Dec 19, 2013
GOOOOOOOOOO TIKKKKKKUUUUU!!!! grin
What did they offer you darling? wink

All the KING-MAKERS have deserted GEJ!

O di kwa WHISKY! kiss
Re: I’m Considering Apc’s Invitation, Says Atiku by Onlytruth(m): 11:48pm On Dec 19, 2013
ndu_chucks:

Mr. Gull, Sanusi takes responsibilities for his actions unlike some Ministers and government officials. He revised his numbers and we Nigerians, owe him gratitude for exposing the fact that NNPC has still not remitted $12billion to the CBN as required by law.

Eze, our people also say "Agboghobia tochaa o chere ibe ya". Don't interprete the saying literally but give it the real interpretation which means: "you do not have to struggle for every thing; nature does take its due course". Nna, nature has jump started a Tsunami which GEJ will not be able to stop.

Hahaha! I'm laughing. You fail to see that GEJ IS THE TSUNAMI. cool
Nigeria shall NOT remain the same after him. You are indirectly agreeing with me BTW. lol

(1) (Reply)

Zambia Opposition Leader Arraigned For Calling President Potatoe / List Five Things You Need From The Next Governor Of Your State / U.S Ambassador Visits Emir Of Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.