Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,110 members, 7,825,504 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

How To Enjoy Alcohol Without Getting Drunk - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Enjoy Alcohol Without Getting Drunk (9378 Views)

Snake Venom, World’s Strongest Beer Contains 67.5% Of Alcohol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Enjoy Alcohol Without Getting Drunk by moHot(f): 6:56pm On Jul 31, 2008
Hey!!! My people this is a tested and trusted approach to drinking alcohol without getting drunk. Check it out!!!

SET YOUR LIMITS
Most of us don't know how much alcohol we really drink, so the first thing to do is to keep a diary for a week. Once you've worked out how many units you knock back, decide how much you need (or want) to moderate your boozing. The government recommends a limit of 14 units of alcohol for women per week, and no more than three per day. (For men, it's 21 units per week, four per day)

SLOW DOWN
One of the simplest ways to stay within your limits to drink slower. If you tend to gulp down your first few glasses, try putting down between sips. Aim to take 20-30 minutes to finish a drink.

WATCH WHERE YOU DRINK
Research has shown that people are more likely to drink heavily in places where lights are turned down low or the competition is high for sexual partners(for example, women will drink more when there are lot of women and fewer men around). Conversely, people tend to consume less in the presence of families, in well-lit places, and where there are activities that compete with drinking, such as restaurants.

REFUSE DRINKS
All your good intentions can go out of the window if you don’t resist drinks. Try taking your near – empty glass with you if you leave the table for a few minutes, so it doesn’t get filled up in your absence. If friends insist you join in every round, ask for non- alcoholic drink. If they persist, have a response already ‘I have to get up early tomorrow,’ or ‘I’m detoxing.’

AVOID PRESSURE SITUATIONS
People who successfully make changes to their lives often start out by avoiding temptation for a while. So, if you know your friends are going out to get drunk, only join them if you are feeling strong – willed. if you want to go to a party but don’t trust yourself not to over – drink , pre – order a cab or drive yourself and leave after an hour or two, that way you get the best of both worlds. Or you could sign up for an early – morning exercise class. No one wants to work – out with a hangover. also, swap a night‘s drinking for a night of TV/theatre/cinema or an interesting website like www.nairaland.com that don’t require prolonged drinking.

GIVE YOURSELF A REWARD

Shallow but effective! Set yourself a goal, such as drinking ten units less a week for four weeks. Then, choose a reward, a shopping spree, perhaps, or a spa day or an all day fun in the stadium if you achieve it.

KNOW YOUR TRIGGERS
If you are a smoker, you’ll already know that smoking and drinking can be strong triggers for each other. You shouldn’t try to give up more than one thing at a time, but I suggest that quitting smoking can make it easier to cut down on your drinking, too.
Other triggers include bad diet, arguments, anxiety, boredom, or stress. Be aware of your triggers and guard against them. For example, eat regular meals or phone a sympathetic friend and you’ll be partying without pain in no time.

Ciao!!!
Re: How To Enjoy Alcohol Without Getting Drunk by iice(f): 6:33pm On Aug 01, 2008
hmmm
Re: How To Enjoy Alcohol Without Getting Drunk by ifyalways(f): 2:57pm On Aug 02, 2008
lol
Re: How To Enjoy Alcohol Without Getting Drunk by tRoOE(f): 10:11am On Aug 06, 2008
So what is the use of Alcohol if i get get drunk or tispy
Re: How To Enjoy Alcohol Without Getting Drunk by moHot(f): 2:11pm On Aug 06, 2008
tRoOE:

So what is the use of Alcohol if i get get drunk or tispy

lol.
Re: How To Enjoy Alcohol Without Getting Drunk by phillip001(m): 4:44pm On Aug 06, 2008
OH MY GOD THIS IS VERY , STUPID
IF YOU DONT KNOW ABOUT ALCOHOL DONT ADVICE ANY BODY PLEASE
Re: How To Enjoy Alcohol Without Getting Drunk by moHot(f): 11:54am On Aug 07, 2008
phillip001:

OH MY GOD THIS IS VERY , STUPID
IF YOU DONT KNOW ABOUT ALCOHOL DONT ADVICE ANY BODY PLEASE

what is stupid in this one now? why sound like someone who is frustrated ? can you tell us what you know about it(alcohol)? Obviously you haven't read the topic well , and if you have, it means you don't understand it at all.
Re: How To Enjoy Alcohol Without Getting Drunk by Gamine(f): 11:57am On Aug 07, 2008
well.

i enjoy alcohol in many ways

i dont take it alone

its always mixed with something
Re: How To Enjoy Alcohol Without Getting Drunk by Seun(m): 12:03pm On Aug 07, 2008
Di you write this yorself?
Re: How To Enjoy Alcohol Without Getting Drunk by phillip001(m): 3:43pm On Aug 07, 2008
mohot, pls dont be angry with me, i dont even know if you have some one close to you as a drunk, but from my little experience, all this write ups does not make sence.

SET LIMIT.
do you know that there are people that only the smell of alcohol can send them to hell?
ask people around, so how do you set limit.

SLOW DOWN.
this one is interesting, you said that if one drinks slowly, the possibility of getting drunk is minimal?
so one can drink a lorry load slowly without getting drunk.(i believe so)

WATCH WHERE YOU DRINK
should i comment here?

sister please forget every thing about alcohol, you may write about food.
thanks for reading shocked cool tongue embarassed undecided kiss cry smiley wink cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin angry angry sad shocked shocked
Re: How To Enjoy Alcohol Without Getting Drunk by wildgunman: 3:38pm On Aug 08, 2008
Phillip my friend, u know nothing about alcohol. You may be a drinker, but it's possible to drive without knowing what's under the bonnet.

SET UR LIMITS- sure, like u said everyone has different tolerance levels, that's why a limit has to be set in the 1st place. One bottle for those who get drunk at one, more for the shayo masters. But of course, guys tend to exaggerate their drinking capacity, and to set ever higher targets for themselves.

SLOW DOWN- this is strictly biology & physiology. Alcohol is broken down by the liver, and you get drunk on the 'excess' that is floating around in ur system waiting to be flushed out. The liver handles approx 2-3 units ( 1 star or small stout) every hour, so if you drink at this rate then you are likely to be only minimally affected. And sure, u can drink a whole lorry-load without getting drunk, that is if u can drink at 1 bottle per hour. Would take u maybe 2 years.
  The article u're lambasting was well written and full of simple hard facts- so well written in fact that i'm sure it was lifted from the Net. So choose- either read and learn how to drink, or drink on in ignorance.
Re: How To Enjoy Alcohol Without Getting Drunk by 702: 7:59pm On Aug 09, 2008
This is wat i do 2 enjoy ma drink,

Take ma bottles****take like 2 plates of any peppered P-soup(Cat fish esp.) n follow d beatz of d music playin'!!!

this works 4 me!!!!!, but av ma limitz sha grin
Re: How To Enjoy Alcohol Without Getting Drunk by moHot(f): 3:01pm On Aug 15, 2008
Seun:

Di you write this yorself?

Most part of it was written by me with little addition from a magazine.

I have tried it on a friend who was once a drunkard;it worked well for him though it started as an advice.

(1) (Reply)

Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? / Food Supplements That Promote Eye Sight / Peak Unstoppable Humans Of Change Comes To A Spectacular End

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.