Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,073 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:44 AM

"I Will Not Back Away From What I Wrote" - Iyabo Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Will Not Back Away From What I Wrote" - Iyabo Obasanjo (1795 Views)

Iyabo Obasanjo Poised For Ministerial Appointment After Losing Senate Seat / Iyabo Obasanjo And Others Charged Over Embezzlement / Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Will Not Back Away From What I Wrote" - Iyabo Obasanjo by pigin: 4:47pm On Dec 19, 2013
According to reports, Senator Iyabo Obasanjo has finally admitted to being the author of the infamous 11-page letter to her father, former president Olusegun Obasanjo.She reportedly spoke to Vanguard yesterday about claimsthat the letter was not written by her.When asked if it was true she never wrote the letter, she says:"No, no, no, that is not true. Howcan you live by social media? Thatis part of the problem with Nigeria, people want to be flying rumours. I have not told anybodyo! It is early morning here and I just woke up and if I were you I would just ignore them," Senator Obasanjo said."People are calling me and tellingme that they called Baba but if I say I am not talking to someone (her father), how can you say youcalled the person and the personwill tell you what is on my mind?"she asked.Giving reasons on why she broke off, she said that after a break from relating with Obasanjo, she found out days ago that her father would not change from the manipulative person she had known all along."The whole of last year I didn't speak to him and I just started speaking to him recently, and thelast time he was trying to manipulate me to say, this, say that. I can't be saying no when you say no."The last time I spoke to him was three days ago and I decided thatI was not going to speak to him again after that. That was the communication through which I realized that this man would never change from manipulations for himself."Dismissing her unsolicited canvassers on social media, she said:"I was surprised that they would say that they called Baba, and I said to myself, are these people mad? How can you call the person that I said I am not talking to, to ask him whether I wrote a letter or not and he is going to speak for me?"Nobody can say that I told him that I didn't write it. I am not a liar. I will not back away from what I wrote and there is nothingthat is there that is a lie. In the last four years how many of themhave spoken to me? They are all mad people," she said.http://m.naij.com/news/54690.html
Re: "I Will Not Back Away From What I Wrote" - Iyabo Obasanjo by emmaliveth10(m): 4:51pm On Dec 19, 2013
Hmmmm
Re: "I Will Not Back Away From What I Wrote" - Iyabo Obasanjo by Kairoseki77: 4:55pm On Dec 19, 2013
Vanguard is just trying to save their skin.

We need to see her on video before we can believe any of this hearsay.

1 Like

Re: "I Will Not Back Away From What I Wrote" - Iyabo Obasanjo by Kairoseki77: 4:56pm On Dec 19, 2013
V
Re: "I Will Not Back Away From What I Wrote" - Iyabo Obasanjo by ShineIt: 5:18pm On Dec 19, 2013
Kairoseki77: Vanguard is just trying to save their skin.

Stop clutching at straws, your views are making you look an i.diot.

1 Like

Re: "I Will Not Back Away From What I Wrote" - Iyabo Obasanjo by Kairoseki77: 5:23pm On Dec 19, 2013
Shine It:

Stop clutching at straws, your views are making you look an i.diot.

I don't care if she wrote it. If PDP continues to tear itself apart like it has been for the past two years, then APC will have an easy time winning in 2015.

Watching OBJ and GEJ fight each other is like manna for the opposition. Let them ride on. grin

1 Like

Re: "I Will Not Back Away From What I Wrote" - Iyabo Obasanjo by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:25pm On Dec 19, 2013
If u want to run mad, try and follow with all ur heart, wot the papers wrote in Nigeria!
Re: "I Will Not Back Away From What I Wrote" - Iyabo Obasanjo by agbameta: 5:36pm On Dec 19, 2013
They just keep recycling the same silly story with nothing to back it up with.

I though they are giving us the real gist and expose today? What happened to the main gist.

Even the main character is not willing to openly stand by her story. Not that father and daughter wahala is any of our business to start with anyways...

What kind of worthless newspaper be this sef? They think OBJ's family problem is our major and primary headache?

Talk about junk journalism..
Re: "I Will Not Back Away From What I Wrote" - Iyabo Obasanjo by ShineIt: 5:46pm On Dec 19, 2013
agbameta:

Talk about junk journalism..

Hahaha!!! Bwa-haaaaaa junk journalism? You're a comedian dude. Tinubu is wasting his money paying your ilk to defend him.
ROFLMAO!!!
Re: "I Will Not Back Away From What I Wrote" - Iyabo Obasanjo by tpia5: 5:52pm On Dec 19, 2013
isnt this the same type of thing the tabloids feed us with daily- this and that person broke up, then this and that person are back together, or, "he" is about to marry "her", then tomorrow we hear, "they are no longer marrying, who even said they were dating to begin with",

another time its "a beau is in the offing", which later changes to "no beau is anywhere in sight".

its called sensational journalism, people wey dey put mouth, na them be maga.

in any case, am I enjoying nigeria or have i enjoyed nigeria so much to the extent of putting mouth in other people's family matter.

does anybody see me chopping any of nigeria's money?

i no be "ojogbon" to "joko" o. I never reach that level.
Re: "I Will Not Back Away From What I Wrote" - Iyabo Obasanjo by Kairoseki77: 6:36pm On Dec 19, 2013
Shine It:

Hahaha!!! Bwa-haaaaaa junk journalism? You're a comedian dude. Tinubu is wasting his money paying your ilk to defend him.
ROFLMAO!!!

Who do you think benefits from Iyabo's letter?

PDP

or

APC

Now do you realize how silly you sound?
Re: "I Will Not Back Away From What I Wrote" - Iyabo Obasanjo by automaticcars: 6:38pm On Dec 19, 2013
Paid Ibo agents on rampage with false information. grin
Re: "I Will Not Back Away From What I Wrote" - Iyabo Obasanjo by frainc(m): 7:13pm On Dec 19, 2013

I don't want to say you are stupi.d or senseless but with your comment it seems you are,
do you see OBJ's video befor believing his letter to GEJ?
think with your brain and not with your hand.

1 Like

Re: "I Will Not Back Away From What I Wrote" - Iyabo Obasanjo by frainc(m): 7:15pm On Dec 19, 2013

I don't want to say you are stupi.d or sense.less but with your comment it seems you are,
do you see OBJ's video befor believing his letter to GEJ?
think with your brain and not with your hand.
Re: "I Will Not Back Away From What I Wrote" - Iyabo Obasanjo by Akpangbon: 7:17pm On Dec 19, 2013

Who are the "we"? Who cares if you believe Vanguard or not?
Re: "I Will Not Back Away From What I Wrote" - Iyabo Obasanjo by madamoringo(f): 7:58pm On Dec 19, 2013
It's her choice and freedom anyway with her father who happens to be a former president and highly-visible public figure! I say it's time to move on, its their choice if she washes the dirty linen of her family in public. Eni ti o ba ta ara ile re lopo, ko ni ri ra ni owon! Simple.

BTW, when will the retardeen president respond to the original letter? Yeah right, no response!
Re: "I Will Not Back Away From What I Wrote" - Iyabo Obasanjo by Kponkwem(m): 8:39pm On Dec 19, 2013
And deluded yoruba posters swore that no odua daughter can write such when most of them are from questionable paternity due to unguarded philandering and polygamy.

She has just saved her neck from public disgrace in the courts
Re: "I Will Not Back Away From What I Wrote" - Iyabo Obasanjo by jjcbuthot: 9:43pm On Dec 19, 2013
What concerns Nigerians in the affairs of father and his daughter? There is their problem.

What concerns us is the that latter OBJ wrote to GEJ - focus on this.
Re: "I Will Not Back Away From What I Wrote" - Iyabo Obasanjo by bjtinz: 10:52pm On Dec 19, 2013
Of course you not back away. That is how you will always remain a bastarrd child. Omo ale jati jati
Re: "I Will Not Back Away From What I Wrote" - Iyabo Obasanjo by najoke: 12:03am On Dec 20, 2013
ok...agreed......... u wrote the letter. What do u want us to do now, its directed to ur father abi then let him call family meeting.......it is called FAMILY MATTERS. Pls dont distract us from the letter your papa wrote to jona

@Oga Jona
when will you respond to OBJ's letter or we should wait until STELLA OBASANJO writes her own letter

Rubbish!!!
Re: "I Will Not Back Away From What I Wrote" - Iyabo Obasanjo by strangest(m): 12:48am On Dec 20, 2013
madam_oringo: It's her choice and freedom anyway with her father who happens to be a former president and highly-visible public figure! I say it's time to move on, its their choice if she washes the dirty linen of her family in public. Eni ti o ba ta ara ile re lopo, ko ni ri ra ni owon! Simple.

BTW, when will the retardeen president respond to the original letter? Yeah right, no response!
who in his right frame of mind will respond to a letter written by a liar? Are you okay?
Re: "I Will Not Back Away From What I Wrote" - Iyabo Obasanjo by eeeeeee: 1:00am On Dec 20, 2013
na_joke: ok...agreed......... u wrote the letter. What do u want us to do now, its directed to ur father abi then let him call family meeting.......it is called FAMILY MATTERS. Pls dont distract us from the letter your papa wrote to jona

@Oga Jona
when will you respond to OBJ's letter or we should wait until STELLA OBASANJO writes her own letter

Rubbish!!!
It is now family matters, it is either you did not read the letter or you have failed to understand it.

She pointed out salient issues on his father's dictatorial and promiscuous tendencies as a president, that completely make it abominable for him OBJ to serve as any form of moral role model.

OBJ should be behind bars.
Re: "I Will Not Back Away From What I Wrote" - Iyabo Obasanjo by T9ksy(m): 1:05am On Dec 20, 2013
na_joke:
@Oga Jona

Rubbish!!!

ol' boy, take it easy now. you know slow and steady wins the race.

Are you not aware that the current retard.ed occupant of aso rock is a patient and cautious man (hence he married a patience grin) who ponders thoroughly over every move he makes in his life. At the moment, feelers reaching me from source perpendicular to source adjacent to source within aso rock indicated that the "Oga at the top" is currently selecting a committee of eminent nigerians to study Obj's letter and carry out an all-inclusive investigation into its contents. The committee once inaugurated hopes to submit its report to our shoeless- but-don't-give-a-damn president within 4 weeks.

In short, you should expect a response from oga jonathan (to Obj's letter) by the summer of 2014.................or not at all.
Re: "I Will Not Back Away From What I Wrote" - Iyabo Obasanjo by sluggers: 1:07am On Dec 20, 2013
T9ksy:

ol' boy, take it easy now. you know slow and steady wins the race.

Are you not aware that the current retard.ed occupant of aso rock is a patient and cautious man (hence he married a patience grin) who ponders thoroughly over every move he makes in his life. At the moment, feelers reaching me from source perpendicular to source adjacent to source within aso rock indicated that the "Oga at the top" is currently selecting a committee of eminent nigerians to study Obj's letter and carry out an all-inclusive investigation into its contents. The committee once inaugurated hopes to submit its report to our shoeless- but-don't-give-a-damn president within 4 weeks.

In short, you should expect a response from oga jonathan (to Obj's letter) by the summer of 2014.................or not at all.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: "I Will Not Back Away From What I Wrote" - Iyabo Obasanjo by eeeeeee: 1:11am On Dec 20, 2013
automaticcars: Paid Ibo agents on rampage with false information. grin
Iyabo Obasanjo does not sound Igbo.
Re: "I Will Not Back Away From What I Wrote" - Iyabo Obasanjo by cuteboy2: 1:25am On Dec 20, 2013
@ Moderator. Move this topic to FRONT PAGE please. It is a natural follow up to original story on letter from Iyabo.

(1) (Reply)

Stella Oduah Recieves Aviation Stakeholders Award For Uncommon Transformation / Scores Feared Dead As Bomb Blast Rocks Kano Motor Park / Man Remanded In Prison For Attacking Amosun On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.