Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? (9427 Views)

Now That Buhari Is President What's The Fate Of PDP Paid E Warriors? / 5 Behind-the-scenes Moves That Helped Nigeria Turn The Tide Against Boko Haram / Say What? "Humans Turn Into Beasts And Eat Our Livestock" - Plateau Tourism Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by deoyel25(m): 3:34pm On Jun 19, 2006
Hello Nairas,

I went through what chxta wrote and I felt very sorry, though I am not from the ethnic group. Based on this, I now though of what Nigeria will turn into if an Ibo man should become the president. Can anyone predict the future of Nigeria with a leader from this ethnic group?
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by edygirl(f): 7:35pm On Jun 19, 2006
it will turn into ur head.
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by Rhodalyn(f): 7:36pm On Jun 19, 2006
Lmaooooooooooo edygurl, that was funny cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by sweetnini(f): 10:00pm On Jun 19, 2006
edygirl:

it will turn into your head.

ha hahahahahah
LMFAO

lol
that was sooooooooooooooo funny
still laughing
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by sweetnini(f): 10:01pm On Jun 19, 2006
GOSH!!!! i'm still laughing
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by sweetnini(f): 10:02pm On Jun 19, 2006
its been long since i laughed like this
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by Bialegend(m): 10:39pm On Jun 19, 2006
deoyel25:

Hello Nairas,

I went through what chxta wrote and I felt very sorry, though I am not from the ethnic group. Based on this, I now though of what Nigeria will turn into if an Ibo man should become the president. Can anyone predict the future of Nigeria with a leader from this ethnic group?
Can you tell us why you naigerians are afraid of the IGBOS becoming your president when it's quite obvious that such idea and development will be the best thing to have ever happen to your country nigeria??. What says you deoyel?
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by bluenubian(f): 10:45pm On Jun 19, 2006
i dont see whats funny, why cant an igbo man be president, as far as am concerned Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe was the best we ever had.
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by diddy4(m): 10:52pm On Jun 19, 2006
first, an igbo man will see to it dat the igbos are treated well and cared for. all the stuff d yorubas and hausas have been depriving us will be given back to us.

An igbo president will really help this country not just the igbo tribe. he will care for the economy and well being of all nigerians. the north is afraid of an igbo man ruling cuzz dey know their crimes and dey are afriad an igbo president will retaliate.

we igbos should rule. since nnamdi azikiwe was the best president we ever had, isnt dat enough proof dat we igbos will fair well in Aso rock.

we have seen what hausas and yorubas can come up with, let dem see what we igbos can come up with.
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by Bialegend(m): 10:58pm On Jun 19, 2006
diddy4:

first, an igbo man will see to it that the igbos are treated well and cared for. all the stuff d yorubas and hausas have been depriving us will be given back to us.

An igbo president will really help this country not just the igbo tribe. he will care for the economy and well being of all nigerians. the north is afraid of an igbo man ruling cuzz dey know their crimes and dey are afriad an igbo president will retaliate.

we igbos should rule. since nnamdi azikiwe was the best president we ever had, isnt that enough proof that we igbos will fair well in Aso rock.

we have seen what hausas and yorubas can come up with, let them see what we igbos can come up with.
But they don't want cause they are afraid of us for a reason they can't let out either.
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by DaHitler(m): 11:02pm On Jun 19, 2006
diddy4dt, the Yorubas didn't come up with anything. Obasonja didn't win the south-western States in 1999. He won in Hausa and Igbo land.

OBJ is a puppet of the Hausas. Otherwise, how else would you explain his failure to persecute past Heads of States that have blood and stolen public funds on their hands? How else would you explain his failure to put a stop to Sharia law because it is in violation of the constition. Obj is a pathetic stupid old man. Make that a very pathetic stupid old man. Pathetic loser.
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by bluenubian(f): 11:04pm On Jun 19, 2006
so u are saying yorubas havent ruled yet?
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by diddy4(m): 11:05pm On Jun 19, 2006
its pretty simple, dey are scared we will retaliate. look at their record and how dey have treated us. they know when we get in their, they are screwed. we basically have much of the economy. the oil states belong to the igbos. thye just cant bear an igbo president controlling the oil sector and stuff. basically they are naive in their thinking cuzz they aint sure whether an igbo president will treat them good or bad.

whatever the case is, if obansanjo doesnt want blood to spill come 2007, he should better give the mantle of leadership to the igbos. we cant keep on being quiet will these knucklheads play us like fools.(no offence meant).
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by DaHitler(m): 11:06pm On Jun 19, 2006
In the true sense of the word, yes, Yorubas have not ruled. Obj is a Northerner that just happened to be born in the south-west.
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by diddy4(m): 11:07pm On Jun 19, 2006
@afeni

whether baba won in the west or igbo land or wherever, the point is, he is yoruba, kapish. we want igbo. even if the igbo shold win in the south west or west, we dont care as far as he is igbo.
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jun 20, 2006
Everytime i read the kind of responses that i saw in this tread, i feel shame, shame because us the younger generation that we are meant to free ourselves from the shackles of the past despite the exposure that we have been afforded we are still as myopic and barbaric as our fathers were. We all continue to delude ourselves by the kind of proclamations that have been made in this tread, ok say for arguement sake we get Igbo presidency in 2007, we are likely to get another shithead (pardon the language but that's how much riled i am) each region has produced illustrious as well as shameful elements
Personally i couldn't give a flying Zap where the president is from as long we get someone who really about the country.
Remember people just like in the days of slavery it's always been the ELITES VS THE REST and it still is today
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by Chxta(m): 5:36pm On Jun 20, 2006
What a pathetic thread,
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by kazey(m): 11:19pm On Jun 20, 2006
If you refer back to the history of Nigeria in regards to the Biafran war, you would have your answer to why an Ibgo man would never be elected by the Northerns or even the Yorubas. To be honest the presidential seat is not for any race.
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by DaHitler(m): 12:27am On Jun 21, 2006
An Igbo man can win in the South-West, as long as he has spent some time in Yoruba land. An Igbo man will never win in the Core-North.
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by bluenubian(f): 12:44am On Jun 21, 2006
na u sabi
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by Hotstepper(f): 12:51am On Jun 21, 2006
I wonder why an igbo man can't be the president? are others afriad that we might chase them out of the country? am tired of hearing how atlleast the 3 major tribes fight for presidency. so why don't they run in turns. 2007 igbos, after 4 yrs or wuteva, hausas etc as in each tribe will pick out who will be da presido from their tribe, really i just don't know
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by uche1(m): 8:36pm On Jun 21, 2006
no comment
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by Bibi(m): 8:37pm On Jun 21, 2006
As long as the Igbos are still nurturing Biafra idea, they cannot rule Nigeria. A section that desires to rule shouldnt on the other hand be sponsoring blatant secession, so Igbo cannot be trusted with so much power. Quite frankly, the South-South have a better chance than Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by MrBean(m): 8:42pm On Jun 21, 2006
naijababe:

Everytime i read the kind of responses that i saw in this tread, i feel shame, shame because us the younger generation that we are meant to free ourselves from the shackles of the past despite the exposure that we have been afforded we are still as myopic and barbaric as our fathers were. We all continue to delude ourselves by the kind of proclamations that have been made in this tread, ok say for argument sake we get Igbo presidency in 2007, we are likely to get another shithead (pardon the language but that's how much riled i am) each region has produced illustrious as well as shameful elements
Personally i couldn't give a flying Zap where the president is from as long we get someone who really about the country.
Remember people just like in the days of slavery it's always been the ELITES VS THE REST and it still is today

Chxta:

What a pathetic thread,

The only 2 reasonable people on this thread so far. Previous posters are a bunch of witless buffoons. geeeeezZZ!!!!!!!!
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by diddy4(m): 8:54pm On Jun 21, 2006
that was mean man. damn
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by Bibi(m): 9:00pm On Jun 21, 2006
mrlawng:

The only 2 reasonable people on this thread so far. Previous posters are a bunch of witless buffoons. geeeeezZZ!!!!!!!!

True word of an Alpharetta boon embarassed
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by zarah(f): 8:46am On Jun 22, 2006
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Come to think of it we should really let igbo's rule o!!
and give them just one year to finish killing themselves. just like they are doing right now in onisha, and again they will witch hunt each other like they did Ngige, they will always try to backstab each other to keep their competitions alive.
Their i must be the best, and first and above all igbo's syndrome will really take nigeria to greater heights.

and pls the last time i checked the oil was in the south/south and an ijaw man will never say he is igbo. for goodness sake's even the onisha man claims he is not igbo.
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by gidig(m): 8:53am On Jun 22, 2006
Normally, I would not get involved with a threda like this because it represents eevrything is wrong in our country.When a younger generation of people who should represent some very fresh ideas and a hope for nation that has been torn apart by all kinds of ethnic related calamities start thinking and embarcing concepts that brought this country to this state, One can only imagine how different they are from the people who have caused all these problems.

What tribe is poverty from?What ethnic group does progress belong to?which region of Nigerian does develoment come from?My heart bleeds for tghis nation if some of the thoughts of tribalism expressed here are the core of what the younger generation beleive in.

naijababe,thanks for bringing some highre thoughts into this.

I am out.
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by DaHitler(m): 9:00am On Jun 22, 2006
gidig, you are the problem here. These ethnic groups have existed for over a thousand years. Don't expect us to forget our ethnic nation identity because some damn colonialist put us into the abomination they call Nigeria.
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by saintchux(m): 9:41am On Jun 22, 2006
While I will glad to see an Igbo man to be the president of this country. I will be saddened if he is elected on a quota system. I do not like people that just come to represent a group. Some of there a just empty. In 1999 during the election between Obasanjo & Ekwueme. Obasanjo was chosen instead of Ekwueme a better candidate, because the CABALS want the president to come from South west.

Igbos are very industrious and Nigeria need Igbo to develop, like it or not. If Igbo are given opportunity in this country, Nigeria will have developed. Think of Ogbunigwe - (bomb) developed during the civil war. What of Amourred tanks developed and many other innovation that igbo are known for.

In Igbo land, hardly do you see government presence. Go to Nnewi and Aba. You will see the creative nature of Igbo. If Igbo are give a chance in this country Nigeria will developed.
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by Madira: 11:59am On Jun 22, 2006
As far as I am concerned, the ethnicity of the president should not be an issue. What should matter is his ability to do the job. We really need someone who is interested in developing our nation. Nigerians are not fools, in fact, we are quite intelligent and yet, the state of our nation is so shameful, especially in light of all the resources we possess. How long will foreign companies fleece us, handing us mere pittances, while they obtain untold weath at our expense. Indeed, this is also an African problem. But we must take care of our corner of the woods, first. Therefore, we need a president who is able to meet these challenges, an astute, able individual, ethnicity not withstanding.
Re: Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? by wiseguy(m): 1:43pm On Jun 22, 2006
It is very sad indeed that a forum like this that we should use to foster unity and togetherness in this country is just about achieving the opposite. People spend their time trying to badmouth one ethnic group or the other. I wonder the impression that we give to the outside world. That I am born into an Igbo, hausa or Yoruba family is just by chance. Such ethnic threads should not be allowed in nairaland. Naira is a nigerian identity and as such nairaland should be for all nigerians. This forum should be used to foster unity among nigerians until a day when we will finally agree to live together or separately. I remember some weeks ago when someone posted a thread about some killings in Aba and after a few people responded, it was decided that the post should be removed because that might cause other parts of the country to violently retaliate. And one question  that always comes to my mind is this; why is it that we so much disagree when it comes to politics but in sports and other things we come together as Nigerians. When Kanu scores a goal nobody cares if he is from zango kataf, Owerri or Iseyin, we all dance and jubilate together. But when it comes to politics, the scenario changes. We thirst for one another's blood. And at the end of the day, after the innocent ordinary people must have been killed or maimed, the politicians that are promoting this ethnic rivalry will still feed fat on our resources and at our own expence.

Seun, I dont really know your objective of setting up this forum but I believe that one of them should be to promote unity between nigerian youths both home and abroad. If my assumption is correct, then I believe you should take the time to do just that - by discouraging any thread that will do the opposite and removing it. If you don't have all the time, then delegate other people that will help administer the site. Enough is Enough. This has to stop. we, the youths has many more important things to discuss. Why dont we focus on our strenghts. We should stop saying it is the turn of yorubas, igbos or hausas but rather it is the turn of MR. A or MR. B. That way we focus on the person and know why the person is fit to be president regardless of his ethnic origin. I have someone that I support to be President, based on his record. He's not from my ethnic group and If he contests, I will vote him over anyother person from my ethnic group. Let us desist from posting threads like this. If you are prejudiced against any ethnic group, just keep it to your self. Do not look for disciples. It is your own personal experience. Thank you all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Obj: I No De Laugh Again Oh / Normalcy Returns To Recaptured Towns In Adamawa / FG Sues Agip, Total For $635m Over Undeclared Cargoes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.