Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,895 members, 7,806,619 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:11 PM

Infra Red Car Key Issues - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Infra Red Car Key Issues (1218 Views)

2007 Honda Pilot Car Key For Sale in PH(uncut) / The Mobile Car Key Programmer / Locked Outside Your Car?, Lost Your Car Keys?, Need To Program A Car Key? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Infra Red Car Key Issues by uchetobi(f): 11:07am On Aug 01, 2008
My mercedes c class (1999 MODEL) IS giving me infra red key issues, sometimes the key wont be accepted by the ignition and would need to be reprogrammed, this has happened twice since i bought the car in dec last yr and has costed me 25k each time to re-program,
tho when this happens the key still opens the door, only the ignition that it rejects

Is there a permanent solution to this? and can i get a manual key and how much will this cost me,
Re: Infra Red Car Key Issues by fotodaddy: 9:47am On Aug 02, 2008
Either way it's going to cost you soome. Its possible that the transponder chip in your key is acting up. You could try replacing your current key with a new electronic key. This should cost about 30K and I might solve the problem.

The way it works is that when you put your ket in the ignition to start the car, a signal is sent to your car's ECU by the transponder in your key. This signal is checked, and if found to be the correct one stored in the meemory of the ECU, the engine will be allowed to start. My suggestion is on the premise that your transsponder is the culprit and the ECU is in order. With the electronic key, you will be duplicating the signal sent by your transponder key. So this signal will always be the same and your ECU should see it all the time.

All the best.
Re: Infra Red Car Key Issues by uchetobi(f): 3:00pm On Aug 04, 2008
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

2003 Rav4 9ja Used: / Toyota Hiace 1998 For Sale (rhd) / 96 Camry Aka Orobokibo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.