Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,263 members, 7,780,590 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:05 PM

My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress (17157 Views)

My Neighbour's Wife Peeps Through My Door, Should I Report To The Husband? / My Neighbour And His Fiancee / Help!!! My Neighbour Is A Screamer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress by nne4(f): 8:52pm On Dec 20, 2013
Hello friends,
There is a problem am facing now and it disturbs me alot. I have 3 kids and pregg now.Recently my husband and i planned to buy new thing in our home which will cost thousands of naira.so this December we painted our flat,bought new Tv,water dispenser,split unit AC,foam,Dstv, washing machine etc.
When we started buying these things,one of my neighbours stops greeting me even when i greeted her she doesn't reply.l am really surprised bc i don't know that such people exist.I pray always and even do midnight prayers for myself and my family, Pls married people in d house with such neighbours or landlady how do u handle such situation.
Pls help a sister.

1 Like

Re: My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress by Fhemmmy: 8:55pm On Dec 20, 2013
Before concluding as to why she is not responding to your greeting as jealous of your progress, have you asked her or approached her at all?

25 Likes

Re: My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress by igwedexy: 8:56pm On Dec 20, 2013
U̶̲̥̅̊ just suggested they are jealous but U̶̲̥̅̊ dnt really knw....... I would prefer if U̶̲̥̅̊ can remain calm till the truth breaks out
Re: My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress by Fhemmmy: 8:58pm On Dec 20, 2013
igwedexy: U̶̲̥̅̊ just suggested they are jealous but U̶̲̥̅̊ dnt really knw....... I would prefer if U̶̲̥̅̊ can remain calm till the truth breaks out

Truly said.
Re: My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress by dayleke: 9:13pm On Dec 20, 2013
Why did you conclude just like that that she is jealous of your success?
Did you tell her all about your home improvement before you started?
Did you tell her how much it is gonna cost you?
Did she approach you to borrow money before all these buyings and you declined?
Do you own the unit/flat you are "improving"?
Is she your landlady?
Are you the kind of person that says something innocently but is perceived by the other party as show off?
Is the so called woman married and the hubby behaving in like manner?
Are you wondering why so many questions?
Answer the above questions and we can start from there to know why the madam dey jealous you o.....

BTW,why did you tell us here the home improvement is gonna cost you n hubby half a million naira?

12 Likes

Re: My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress by Nobody: 9:32pm On Dec 20, 2013
C kweshions! cheesy
Oya, madam, over to u!
Re: My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress by dayleke: 9:43pm On Dec 20, 2013
yellowpawpaw: C kweshions! cheesy
Oya, madam, over to u!

@ypp,no be me now,na she cause am.
She started by saying d woman dey jealous dem so enquiring minds wanna know wetin bring d jealousy.
Abi na "jealousness"(just joking-b4 they crucify me).
Re: My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress by nne4(f): 10:04pm On Dec 20, 2013
Thanks for your replies.
I really didn't want to go into much details but let me explain a little.
She is my landlord's daughter in law and we use to greet whenever we see each other,she doesn't come to my house and i don't go to hers too. A day before we painted our house we greeted in the morning and evening.A day after we painted d house, our compound bole hole have problem so i went to d next compound to buy water with my big basin(plastic) and she saw me when i was fetching water when she came back with her car she locked both d big and small gate. When i pushed d small gate i noticed it was locked and i started knocking with d big basin on my head so after like 5 mins she opened d gate and did not say a word to me (we haven't seen dat morning b4 that incident) and l did not say a word to see if she can say words lik"sorry " or "i didn't know u are outside".

5 Likes

Re: My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress by Fhemmmy: 10:08pm On Dec 20, 2013
^^^ Still not enuf to assume it is cos of your renovation and "Big" purchases . . .

4 Likes

Re: My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress by mgbeketoto: 10:15pm On Dec 20, 2013
Abegggi!
Do like I do and RRRRRRRUB IT H-IN!!!! cool
Re: My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress by Dantedasz(m): 10:17pm On Dec 20, 2013
I will advise you not to create problems for your poor hard working husband.
You don't have your own house yet and you want to create problems for the poor man by locking horns with your landlords daughter in law?
This is a mere tiff between two women and you came here to open a thread about land lords daughter in law being jealous of you the tenant because you painted your room and bought DSTV?
Like I said, the time you spent opening this thread could have been spent constructively in reaching out to your land lords daughter in law and making her understand your annoyance with her for locking the gate against you.

9 Likes

Re: My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress by dayleke: 10:21pm On Dec 20, 2013
Something else might be bothering her.

nne4: Thanks for your replies.
I really didn't want to go into much details but let me explain a little.
She is my landlord's daughter in law and we use to greet whenever we see each other,she doesn't come to my house and i don't go to hers too. A day before we painted our house we greeted in the morning and evening.A day after we painted d house, our compound bole hole have problem so i went to d next compound to buy water with my big basin(plastic) and she saw me when i was fetching water when she came back with her car she locked both d big and small gate. When i pushed d small gate i noticed it was locked and i started knocking with d big basin on my head so after like 5 mins she opened d gate and did not say a word to me (we haven't seen dat morning b4 that incident) and l did not say a word to see if she can say words lik"sorry " or "i didn't know u are outside".
Re: My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress by dayleke: 10:23pm On Dec 20, 2013
But wait o,
What is going to happen to the paint when you guys decide to move to your own place?
Re: My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress by Fhemmmy: 10:27pm On Dec 20, 2013
dayleke: But wait o,
What is going to happen to the paint when you guys decide to move to your own place?

Not only that, seems like the trouble even started before the mega purchase . . . . Would be nice to them all to find a way to live in peace
Re: My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress by dayleke: 10:54pm On Dec 20, 2013
True dat.

Fhemmmy:

Not only that, seems like the trouble even started before the mega purchase . . . . Would be nice to them all to find a way to live in peace
Re: My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress by nne4(f): 11:09pm On Dec 20, 2013
Dantedasz: I will advise you not to create problems for your poor hard working husband.
You don't have your own house yet and you want to create problems for the poor man by locking horns with your landlords daughter in law?
This is a mere tiff between two women and you came here to open a thread about land lords daughter in law being jealous of you the tenant because you painted your room and bought DSTV?
Like I said, the time you spent opening this thread could have been spent constructively in reaching out to your land lords daughter in law and making her understand your annoyance with her for locking the gate against you.
don't insult me bc i opened a thread.give ur advice in a polite way and move on pls

6 Likes

Re: My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress by Dantedasz(m): 11:20pm On Dec 20, 2013
^^
LOL!
So you only wanna hear what you wanna hear?
Honey, you are a joke.
You come on a public forum-you get diverse views.
You do not have a house of your own!
You are living in a rented apartment.
You are trying to take on your land lords daughter in law.
How can the owner of the house envy you the tenant because you bought Dstv?
Get real woman.
Wake up and smell the coffee.
Dont create problems for your poor hubby!

15 Likes

Re: My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress by nne4(f): 11:33pm On Dec 20, 2013
Fhemmmy:

yes. she is d troublesome type.d people dat lived b4 us in d flat use to fight with her but i use to handle issues with her carefully but d issue of keeping malice is disturbing my spirit.l stopped work early this year bc of my kids, househelp was harassing my kids somehow.And now i stay at home but by d grace of God by january l need to open a business so i can be moving out of d house to avoid problem.

1 Like

Re: My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress by Fhemmmy: 11:35pm On Dec 20, 2013
nne4:
yes. she is d troublesome "ofe mmanu" type.d people dat lived b4 us in d flat use to fight with her but i use to handle issues with her carefully but d issue of keeping malice is disturbing my spirit.l stopped work early this year bc of my kids, househelp was harassing my kids somehow.

In that case, approach her and ask if there is anything wrong, make peace . . . Good luck

1 Like

Re: My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress by nne4(f): 11:40pm On Dec 20, 2013
Dantedasz: ^^
LOL!
So you only wanna hear what you wanna hear?
Honey, you are a joke.
You come on a public forum-you get diverse views.
You do not have a house of your own!
You are living in a rented apartment.
You are trying to take on your land lords daughter in law.
How can the owner of the house envy you the tenant because you bought Dstv?
Get real woman.
Wake up and smell the coffee.
Dont create problems for your poor hubby!

ok,thanks
Re: My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress by bebe2(f): 11:47pm On Dec 20, 2013
dayleke: But wait o,

them go peel d paint carry follow body.

or they shud live in a dirty flat becos its not their house?

12 Likes

Re: My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress by nne4(f): 11:49pm On Dec 20, 2013
Fhemmmy:

In that case, approach her and ask if there is anything wrong, make peace . . . Good luck
tnx for ur advice and time
Re: My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress by Fhemmmy: 11:51pm On Dec 20, 2013
nne4:
tnx for ur advice and time

You are welcome, Ma . . . Nairaland is like a big family
Re: My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress by nne4(f): 11:57pm On Dec 20, 2013
thank u all for ur care and advice.good nite and have a blessed sleep.
Re: My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress by Dantedasz(m): 11:59pm On Dec 20, 2013
nne4:
yes. she is d troublesome "ofe mmanu" type.d people dat lived b4 us in d flat use to fight with her but i use to handle issues with her carefully but d issue of keeping malice is disturbing my spirit.l stopped work early this year bc of my kids, househelp was harassing my kids somehow.And now i stay at home but by d grace of God by january l need to open a business so i can be moving out of d house to avoid problem.

What do you mean by ofe mmanu type?
Why use such a derogatory word on a public forum?
This is what I mean when I say don't create problems for your poor hubby.
I will be reporting this to a moderator.

7 Likes

Re: My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress by Nobody: 12:59am On Dec 21, 2013
op,you are the one being sentimental,or feel everybody,or everything should stop cos hubby bought dstv that cost 12500 now,and other things,thank God you said your neighbour owns a car,why would someone with a car envy someone that just bought dstv.
Your landlord's inlaw is angry cos you are owing your house rent,yet forming dangote with your recent upgrade,tell hubby to pay outstanding rent,and cordial relationship would continue.

6 Likes

Re: My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress by Isokan11: 1:18am On Dec 21, 2013
Hmmm.. are u sure it's jealousy? Are u sure something else didnt occur between the two families?
Re: My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress by Nobody: 1:22am On Dec 21, 2013
Yomieluv: op,you are the one being sentimental,or feel everybody,or everything should stop cos hubby bought dstv that cost 12500 now,and other things,thank God you said your neighbour owns a car,why would someone with a car envy someone that just bought dstv.
Your landlord's inlaw is angry cos you are owing your house rent,yet forming dangote with your recent upgrade,tell hubby to pay outstanding rent,and cordial relationship would continue.

grin grin

You gotta love NL, arinurodeolumorookan. cheesy

Oga Femmoh epele nibeyen oh and compliments.
Re: My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress by Fhemmmy: 1:26am On Dec 21, 2013
Ewuro707:

grin grin

You gotta love NL, arinurodeolumorookan. cheesy

Oga Femmoh epele nibeyen oh and compliments.

Wish you same oh, and i forever remain humble . . . Anything for the boyz for the Christmas?
Re: My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress by Nobody: 1:34am On Dec 21, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Wish you same oh, and i forever remain humble . . . Anything for the boyz for the Christmas?

Oju yin lan wo now grin. God dey. Regards to family.
Re: My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress by Snoggy(m): 1:56am On Dec 21, 2013
LMAO! grin grin

OP is funny! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

59-Yr-old Woman Gives Birth In Lagos / My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts: Doesn't Want A New Baby / White Wedding Is Not Biblical, It's European - Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.