Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:42 AM

Can I Date My Cousin's Cousin - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can I Date My Cousin's Cousin (3038 Views)

? / Can I Date My Ex Boyfriend's Best Friend? / Is It Wrong: Marrying Your Cousin's Cousin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Date My Cousin's Cousin by Kennyinusa(m): 4:02am On Dec 21, 2013
Hello Nairalanders, my name is Kehinde and i am from family A, i have this cousin (my mum's step sister) whose name is Wunmi. Herself and my mum hails from the same family and hence shares the same surname which I would call B.
Wunmi on the other hand now has another cousin ( the daughter of her mums younger brother) whose name is Dotun.

The thing is that I really like l this girl(Dotun) and I really want dating her, it's just this family or no family issue that has been giving me headache.

So that is why I need to know what you peeps have to say to this. Do you think that Kehinde can date dotun?

NB: Everybody must say something. Thank you.
Re: Can I Date My Cousin's Cousin by saintneo(m): 4:35am On Dec 21, 2013
Dotun is your cousin as well. Daughter of your mum's step brother.

The question here should be, will you be able to get married to Dotun traditionally, will your family allow this? The answer is yes, then go ahead and date & marry.
Re: Can I Date My Cousin's Cousin by RoyalRoy(m): 5:48am On Dec 21, 2013
Wunmi is not your cousin but your aunt.

If according to you she is your mum's step sister.

That makes Dotun your aunts cousin.

Find yourself another girl Op.

Even though the chain is a bit distant but I am sure there are better girls out there than your aunt's cousin. Let her go please!!!
Re: Can I Date My Cousin's Cousin by sweettease(f): 5:51am On Dec 21, 2013
You are trying to make it mandatory for the wrong set of people to advice you, why don't you find out if its acceptable from your family member(s). I don't know anythng about your family and culture and you want me to tell you if its ryt to date Dotun, i don't tink so.
Re: Can I Date My Cousin's Cousin by sweettease(f): 5:55am On Dec 21, 2013
Royal Roy: Wunmi is not your cousin but your aunt.

Even though the chain is a bit distant but I am sure there are better girls out there than your aunt's cousin. Let her go plea se!!!
Kai! This relationshp is just too long, i didn't even read the wunmi link too much.
Re: Can I Date My Cousin's Cousin by Exponental(m): 5:58am On Dec 21, 2013
Since it's still within d family, ignore, except ur culture permits it, which I doubt.
Re: Can I Date My Cousin's Cousin by Elcapo(m): 6:34am On Dec 21, 2013
If ur a Muslim.... You can even Date ur cousin
Re: Can I Date My Cousin's Cousin by pasqal09: 7:06am On Dec 21, 2013
El_capo: If ur a Muslim.... You can even Date ur cousin

She's not even ur cousin, she's ur in-law
Re: Can I Date My Cousin's Cousin by frostbyte: 7:54am On Dec 21, 2013
The fact that you are asking shows you know it is wrong. When in doubt, stay off. Who will attend your wedding to her? Family. She is family. Though a distant family member, you can only therefore chop, clean mouth,waka fast. You are lustful, not inlove.
Re: Can I Date My Cousin's Cousin by Obiagu1(m): 8:42am On Dec 21, 2013
Wunmi is your mum's step sister = Aunt not your cousin.
Dotun is the daughter of your mum's step brother = 1st Cousin.

So the answer is NO, you can't date nor marry your cousin.
Re: Can I Date My Cousin's Cousin by drnoel: 8:48am On Dec 21, 2013
incest tinz!!!!!!
OP onces u can´t marry her, u can´t date her. As long as the blood relationship can be traced, sexual relationship is prohibited. Some people say no sexual relationship atleast to the fourth generation cos by then the blood connection is watered down. In this case this is ur second cousin, thats no go
Re: Can I Date My Cousin's Cousin by Kennyinusa(m): 10:53am On Dec 21, 2013
saintneo: Dotun is your cousin as well. Daughter of your mum's step brother.

The question here should be, will you be able to get married to Dotun traditionally, will your family allow this? The answer is yes, then go ahead and date & marry.

Dotun is my not my cousin o. She is my aunt's cousin.

And to talk of the family, my own immediate family are in support of the whole thing.
Re: Can I Date My Cousin's Cousin by Kennyinusa(m): 10:55am On Dec 21, 2013
Royal Roy: Wunmi is not your cousin but your aunt.

Even though the chain is a bit distant but I am sure there are better girls out there than your aunt's cousin. Let her go please!!!

Thanks. But the chain is distant na, why can't I now date her?
Re: Can I Date My Cousin's Cousin by Kennyinusa(m): 10:58am On Dec 21, 2013
sweet-tease:
You are trying to make advice you mandatory for the wrong set of people, why don't you find out if its acceptable from your family member(s). I don't know anythng about your family and culture and you want me to tell you if its ryt to date Dotun, i don't tink so.
My own immediate family is in total support and that includes my mum's family too. It's just my aunt mum who happens to be my step grandmother (if there is anything like that) that is not too ok with me going out with Dotun
Re: Can I Date My Cousin's Cousin by Kennyinusa(m): 11:05am On Dec 21, 2013
Exponental: Since it's still within d family, ignore, except ur culture permits it, which I doubt.
I personally do not think it's within the family o
frostbyte: The fact that you are asking shows you know it is wrong. When in doubt, stay off. Who will attend your wedding to her? Family. She is family. Though a distant family member, you can only therefore chop, clean mouth,waka fast. You are lustful, not inlove.
WOW. The fact that am asking doesn't mean that am bad or something. It was someone that just popped the talk about Dotun being family and I would like to hear what you peep have to say to it.
To me she ain't family, I might eventually end up not going out with her, but i really do not see her as someone that I can't date.
Re: Can I Date My Cousin's Cousin by Kennyinusa(m): 11:10am On Dec 21, 2013
I like this
Obiagu1: Wunmi is your mum's step sister = Aunt not your cousin.
Dotun is the daughter of your mum's step brother = 1st Cousin.

So the answer is NO, you can't date nor marry your cousin.
Fact 1: Wunmi is my aunt.
[s]Fact 2: Dotun is my daughter of my mum's step brother= NULL[/s]

Fact 2: Dotun is the daughter of Wunmi's mum step brother which makes Dotun Wunmi's cousin NOT my Cousin
Re: Can I Date My Cousin's Cousin by Ruq: 12:12pm On Dec 21, 2013
I like the link.
Re: Can I Date My Cousin's Cousin by sweettease(f): 1:44pm On Dec 21, 2013
Kennyinusa:
My own immediate family is in total support and that includes my mum's family too. It's just my aunt mum who happens to be my step grandmother (if there is anything like that) that is not too ok with me going out with Dotun
As long as she isn't the mum of Dotun and every other person is okay with it, i don't see wats wrong since the relationship is a long one and not blood linked but marriage linked

1 Like

Re: Can I Date My Cousin's Cousin by 190theclown: 1:51pm On Dec 21, 2013
incase grin grin
Re: Can I Date My Cousin's Cousin by Kennyinusa(m): 8:43pm On Dec 21, 2013
sweet-tease:

As long as she isn't the mum of Dotun and every other person is okay with it, i don't see wats wrong since the relationship is a long one and not blood linked but marriage linked
Thank you

(1) (Reply)

Things Your Eyes Say About You. / Do Such Men Really Exist Or Just Laying The Foundation Stone. / See This Hillarous Photo (lol)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.