Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:48 AM

Need Help Pals!!!! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Need Help Pals!!!! (1427 Views)

Pals Please Take Note (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Help Pals!!!! by Nobody: 9:46am On Dec 21, 2013
what's the best vehicle for a female who travels
Re: Need Help Pals!!!! by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 21, 2013
nickikute: what's the best vehicle for a female who travels
I don't understand your question, are you based in Nigeria, what's your budget, what kind of road/terrains are you talking about, do you care about vehicle size and fuel economy... When you sort out these query, you will get much more reasonable replies.
Re: Need Help Pals!!!! by Nobody: 9:52am On Dec 25, 2013
i m in Nigeria any vehicle that will be good for traveling in and out of lagos especially towards the northern part of the country .. Anything below 3.5 million naira will do
Re: Need Help Pals!!!! by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 25, 2013
nickikute: i m in Nigeria any vehicle that will be good for traveling in and out of lagos especially towards the northern part of the country .. Anything below 3.5 million naira will do
You've just given 1 criteria which is budget. What other criteria do you have in view, do you want an SUV, wagon, hatchback or a Sedan or what? Are you looking at criterias such as terrain/road you usually ply, fuel economy, resale value, comfort and luxury?

Let's know what you are looking into. I don't just want to give you blind reviews or recommendations
Re: Need Help Pals!!!! by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 25, 2013
i would prefer the suv. i travel between lagos, delta ,ph. And also a fuel efficient vehicle
Re: Need Help Pals!!!! by Nobody: 2:10pm On Dec 25, 2013
nickikute: i would prefer the suv. i travel between lagos, delta ,ph. And also a fuel efficient vehicle

If you prefer SUVs, there is honda CR-V, Toyota RAV4, Toyota Highlander and Lexus Rx 300 and Rx330 variants. These vehicles have 4 cylinder and V6 engines and can be used on long journeys.

The Honda CR-V and toyota RAV4 are compact suv while the toyota Highlander and Lexus RX330 midsized SUV (they aren't real SUV per-say they are crossovers because they are cars trying hard to be SUVs by having big body and tyres and higher ground clearance).

The Lexus RX300 (1999 -2003 Rx330 (2004- 2006) its still based on a highlander but with much more effizy, swag, class, luxury ... Name it.

The Toyota Highlander have V6 and 4 cylinder engines and its a midsized SUV which is based on toyota camry.

RAV4 have V6 engine from 2006 - date and 4 cylinder engines. Pls avoid 2001-2005 RAV4. They have ECU problem which can lead to transmission palava.
Re: Need Help Pals!!!! by Nobody: 3:51pm On Dec 25, 2013
thank you very much for your help
Re: Need Help Pals!!!! by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 25, 2013
nickikute: thank you very much for your help

Which of these choices of SUVs do you have in mind?
Re: Need Help Pals!!!! by baaliyah(m): 6:14pm On Dec 25, 2013
Especially towards the northern parts of the country.
I travel between Lagos, Ph and delta. What a contradiction. Are u sure you need a car.
Lomomike is trying hard to help, it s difficult for him with your vague info.
Re: Need Help Pals!!!! by Nobody: 3:10pm On Dec 30, 2013
The rav 4
Re: Need Help Pals!!!! by Nobody: 3:40pm On Dec 30, 2013
nickikute: The rav 4
The Rav4 is good, durable and have good resale value. Just stay away from the 2002-2005 models some of them are plaqued with ECU problem which ultimately affects gearbox thus necessitating gearbox changes. You're good with 2006 and above models.

On a lighter mood, So what gift do I get for new year? wink
Re: Need Help Pals!!!! by uzoexcel(m): 4:03pm On Aug 13, 2014
nickikute: The rav 4

hope u dddnt get the rav4

see below

(1) (Reply)

Should I Sell My Guys Car? / Conversion of manual window winder to electric/ power winder / Lexus RX 350 2012 Model Full Options

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.