Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,704 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:27 PM

The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches (53508 Views)

Nigerian Churches, Others Causing Increased Witchcraft Persecution In UK – Group / Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches / Why The 'Daddy' Craze In Our Churches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by specialguest(f): 10:17pm On Dec 22, 2013
[quote author=simdam500]Guest... U get time sef, u call someone ur fiance, and yet u wana see a pastor to confirm or for a particular reason... *to d extent dat dat woman had d gut to talk at u* smh... U brought dat to yourself o... Wat my own *wink*...

*anoda reason y i dont go 2 see a pastor* daddy koo[/quote

In some churches like mine, before you get wedded you are required to undergo marriage counselling. Hence the basis for our visit yesterday.
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Helewud(m): 10:19pm On Dec 22, 2013
Plz ur opinion z needed on dz tread,plz fr God sake www.nairaland.com/1565678/drunkeness
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 10:19pm On Dec 22, 2013
xynerise: I deserve to be called ''Daddy'' too

DADDY! cool

1 Like

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Mintayo(m): 10:21pm On Dec 22, 2013
Acidosis: Op and all those attacking tpia should please stop smoking whatever it is they're smoking. Smokers are liable to die young.

Now to you @Op..
Of course, you and I know you aren't posting the whole truth here.. I'm quiet sure you acted rudely at some point.

There is something attached to that word - Daddy. It is no pride at all..

A Pastor is supposed to be a spiritual father, right? Then calling your Pastor Daddy only signifies a cordial relationship between a father and his son/daughter..

Personally, considering my long term relationship with my Pastor, I can't imagine myself calling him by his name - Pastor abcd. Biko, don't mind me, that was how I was brought up. I recognise my elders @home and in church. I call ALL elderly men & women in Church DADDY/MUMMY
Its not about Pastors, but elders.

So dear OP, bridle your tongue! Meanwhile, I don't patronise Kingdom antagonists. Come back and post the full story or forever keep quiet...

LOL! You're even boiling, just cos your 'mother in the Lord' talked to you. na wa o

You sure say you be church member at all? grin grin

All these church goers self... na dem dey embarrass christianity grin
cheesy
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by xynerise: 10:21pm On Dec 22, 2013
alutacontinua:

DADDY! cool
Confirm. How are you Sister Onuegbu? cool

1 Like

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Acidosis(m): 10:21pm On Dec 22, 2013
Mintayo: Seriously,i do not believe the Op!
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 22, 2013
xynerise:
Confirm. How are you Sister Onuegbu? cool

I am fine, Sir! cool

1 Like

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by NobleG1(m): 10:24pm On Dec 22, 2013
Leave the rubbish church!
The "pastor" needs to work on his marriage.

1 Like

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by simdam500(m): 10:25pm On Dec 22, 2013
yomiousy olola: Yeye woman;In Yoruba,the answer that fits het most is "oni miliki o siere,alagolo lon sinwin!
100 likes joor
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Afrok(m): 10:26pm On Dec 22, 2013
Calling a pastor daddy or pastor's wife mummy is kind of "local" to me.
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by xynerise: 10:26pm On Dec 22, 2013
alutacontinua:

I am fine, Sir! cool
I didnt receive your tithe today undecided

1 Like

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by cutebobo(m): 10:26pm On Dec 22, 2013
Do u say u r going for marriage counselling, I abeg, wettin u go hear again?
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Boll2010: 10:26pm On Dec 22, 2013
Christianity the most dumb religion amidst the rest......buddhism is one,Judaism is one,hinduism is one,islam is one,.......only in christainity there is no identity, they all have special doctrines and they segregate their self, you hear them saying I go to this church can't worship in this! But for islam as an example,get into the mosque,the way of ablution hasn't changed! Buddhism also its still the normal worship etc! No confluence with their believes!spits !!!! As for me na to just serve God!
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 10:29pm On Dec 22, 2013
xynerise:
I didnt receive your tithe today undecided

Ask Andy....
E be lyk say d guy don dey sharp oo, e don chop am undecided
Correct guy! grin
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by superior494(m): 10:30pm On Dec 22, 2013
Abeg d ''mummy'' and ''daddy'' go carry dem go heaven? Make una tel me so dat i go begin my church.
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by reyjay(m): 10:30pm On Dec 22, 2013
Daddy ke undecided
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 10:30pm On Dec 22, 2013
tpia@:
find another church to attend if you are annoyed.

and stop generalizing, thanks.

how old is the pastor in question? In some cultures [eg yoruba], you are expected to show respect if people are 30+ years your senior.

In any case, address people the way they want to be addressed.

Smdh, which is better? "Pastor" or "Daddy"? I thought "Pastor" is a respectable title for a man of God? Since when did calling a "man of God" "Pastor" become disrespectful? The woman should be proud and happy her husband was called by his title. That goes to show how she is so ashamed of the God she claims to worship! Nigerians.....Smdh!

Ephesians 4:11-12 (KJV)

And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

Matthew 23:9 (KJV)

And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

If "Daddy" => "Father" then her request (Pastor's wife) has gone against the word of God!!

"Pastor" or any of the tittle listed in Ephesians 4:11-12 above is the best for any true man of God, unless of course her husband is running a business in the name of God....

2 Likes

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by babseg(m): 10:31pm On Dec 22, 2013
specialguest:

I asked myself the same question after I left. In all honesty I could not say much to her out of respect but @least it is expected that people of God should humble themselves so the Lord will lift them up.

An elderly woman that was present there actually reminded the pastor"s wife that our former pastor that just left is usually addressed that way so the congregation are used to saying pastor abc but madam insisted it was still wrong. I had no choice than to tender a "reserved" apology

You are too gentle. Just make sure you take it to your matrimonial home

2 Likes

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by toshmann(m): 10:32pm On Dec 22, 2013
nanizle:

As for why the pastors wife took it personal...

WAIT LET ME AS IFA...

Abeg wetin IFA talk? grin
Bc me I de find $700 consultation fee for amadioha cheesy

1 Like

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by simdam500(m): 10:33pm On Dec 22, 2013
[quote author=specialguest][/quote] and wat happens to couple dat ave dere weddin outside d ministry Or are all wedded b4 joinin d ministry

Chased out

Babe lightup
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by pawesome(m): 10:35pm On Dec 22, 2013
She is... .

.......GAY....
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Mintayo(m): 10:35pm On Dec 22, 2013
Boll2010: Christianity the most dumb religion amidst the rest......buddhism is one,Judaism is one,hinduism is one,islam is one,.......only in christainity there is no identity, they all have special doctrines and they segregate their self, you hear them saying I go to this church can't worship in this! But for islam as an example,get into the mosque,the way of ablution hasn't changed! Buddhism also its still the normal worship etc! No confluence with their believes!spits !!!! As for me na to just serve God!
The church of Christ is moving,the gates of hell CANNOT prevail against it!
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Acidosis(m): 10:35pm On Dec 22, 2013
Afro-k:
Calling a pastor daddy or pastor's wife mummy is kind of "local" to me.

What is your definition for the word - local?

Are you aware the english lang you speak today is a LOCAL Language?
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by xynerise: 10:36pm On Dec 22, 2013
alutacontinua:

Ask Andy....
E be lyk say d guy don dey sharp oo, e don chop am undecided
Correct guy! grin
Na lie. Andy is the choir master grin
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by simdam500(m): 10:37pm On Dec 22, 2013
doubleDx:

Smdh, which is better? "Pastor" or "Daddy"? I thought "Pastor" is a respectable tittle for a man of God? Since when did calling a "man of God" "Pastor" become disrespectful? The woman should be proud and happy her husband was called by his tittle. That goes to show how she is so ashamed of the God she claims to worship! Nigerians.....Smdh!

And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

If "Daddy" => "Father" then her request has gone against the word of God!!

"Pastor" or any of the tittle listed in Ephesians 4:11-12 above is the best for any true man of God, unless of course her husband is running a business in the name of God....
seconded
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by simdam500(m): 10:38pm On Dec 22, 2013
doubleDx:

Smdh, which is better? "Pastor" or "Daddy"? I thought "Pastor" is a respectable tittle for a man of God? Since when did calling a "man of God" "Pastor" become disrespectful? The woman should be proud and happy her husband was called by his tittle. That goes to show how she is so ashamed of the God she claims to worship! Nigerians.....Smdh!

seconded
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Asabeq(f): 10:40pm On Dec 22, 2013
Shut up! Akwuya!
Why should she call him daddy? Is he her father?
See your mouth like culture meanwhile your tribe has the most disrespectful loud mouthed rude set of people(not all) who are so tribalistic and only respect the elders from their tribe.mtchewwww

tpia@:
find another church to attend if you are annoyed.

and stop generalizing, thanks.

how old is the pastor in question? In some cultures [eg yoruba], you are expected to show respect if people are 30+ years your senior.

In any case, address people the way they want to be addressed.

1 Like

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by simdam500(m): 10:41pm On Dec 22, 2013
doubleDx:

seconded
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by IYANGBALI: 10:41pm On Dec 22, 2013
specialguest:

I asked myself the same question after I left. In all honesty I could not say much to her out of respect but @least it is expected that people of God should humble themselves so the Lord will lift them up.

An elderly woman that was present there actually reminded the pastor"s wife that our former pastor that just left is usually addressed that way so the congregation are used to saying pastor abc but madam insisted it was still wrong. I had no choice than to tender a "reserved" apology
you fok up,why you go apologise to the yeye opportunistic pastor,s wife?abeg go back and slao her for being rude to you and look for another church,preferably olumba olumba or guru marahji
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Acidosis(m): 10:42pm On Dec 22, 2013
doubleDx:

Sir stop quoting the bible out of context. What do you call your Parents??

and I hope you're not a catholic cos I see some of them laughing on the thread grin even though they call young boys and elders Reverend Father...more like Reverend Daddy grin

Double portion grin
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Deschil: 10:42pm On Dec 22, 2013
Acidosis, tpia@ and Mintayo have so much in common; they are either the same person's monikers or they are all just coincidentally identical in their sad thinking. If tpia@ spews her evil, she dissapears and then this two come on-often quoting one another. Visit tpia@'s page and you would notice the sick game.

4 Likes

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by bokoarerams: 10:42pm On Dec 22, 2013
I know ur church, its redeem dats how they behave. Its this kind of behaviour dat makes the title pastor sound like a derogatory title.
specialguest: For clarification purpose my pastor and his wife are from the east, I am a northerner and the church I attend is a popular church with branches all over Nigeria however my parish is in Abuja. That said, thank you all for your contributions.
I created this thread yesterday because I wanted to find out if I was wrong by referring to a pastor as pastor-his name, however after going through most of the replies on this thread, it is safe to conclude that it is not compulsory to address our pastors as daddy and mummy. Bearing that in mind, I went to church today, sat on the front row, sang my heart out without allowing yesterday"s drama to interfere with my worship.
I really do feel a lot better now and I pray God puts a sense of Humility in our spiritual leaders, may they walk in the footsteps our Lord and Saviour Jesus christ. Amen

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Kenneth Copeland Lays Hands On Oyedepo At Winners Chapel's 36th Anniversary / A Rapist, Cultist And Robber Confesses At TB Joshua's Church (photos) / Hope: Transformed By Anja Ringgren Loven After Being Accused Of Witchcraft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.