Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,926 members, 7,803,007 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:14 AM

The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches (53510 Views)

Nigerian Churches, Others Causing Increased Witchcraft Persecution In UK – Group / Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches / Why The 'Daddy' Craze In Our Churches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by vislabraye(m): 11:44pm On Dec 22, 2013
What about Uncle and Aunty ?

Africans especially Nigerians can be very funny. So calling a "pastor" is not respectable enough ?
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 11:45pm On Dec 22, 2013
toshmann:
does this really happen or you guys are just making mouth? bc i been school for naija o, i never saw this. . . . .. ooops, i rarely went to fellowship anyways. . . . . only when a cutie invites me cool
It hapens truly & dey r eventualy lukd dpwn on by thr supposed peers
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by ramalot(m): 11:46pm On Dec 22, 2013
smiley

1 Like

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by vislabraye(m): 11:47pm On Dec 22, 2013
Asabeq: Islam one?? Don't say what you don't know,in as much as I hate the division in christianity,I still prefer it because we only challenge each other with arguments and exchange of words(which is still being stupid)unlike Islam where the sunnis and shias and other sects setttle their differences with bomb!!
Or is there no DSTV in your house or you are too busy with soundcity and africa magic? Pls tune to Aljazeera because the muslims are always quick to tell you CNN and BBC are anti islam.

Why should U even answer him ?? They are the most intolerant sets of people.
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by diamond002: 11:47pm On Dec 22, 2013
tpia@:
find another church to attend if you are annoyed.

and stop generalizing, thanks.

how old is the pastor in question? In some cultures [eg yoruba], you are expected to show respect if people are 30+ years your senior.

In any case, address people the way they want to be addressed.
Rubbish undecided

1 Like

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Deschil: 11:50pm On Dec 22, 2013
Lol! grin
diamond002: Rubbish undecided

1 Like

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 11:51pm On Dec 22, 2013
Bwahaha... The enslaving nature of some Nigerians is now in Christianity! Hahaha...
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Abeniboy: 11:53pm On Dec 22, 2013
The OP might be right wit her action, but the truth is @op, you r not yet broken, I mean you have not started the Christian race. If you are, you wouldnt be posting this kind of things of social media to allow people that have made up their minds that they wouldnt make heaven or people the prince of this world has blinds their eyes and sealed their hearts from the truth to be making comments against the Church of God. I will suggest next tym you keep such to urself. Thank you
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by POPEII: 11:56pm On Dec 22, 2013
Protestant wahala
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by tayour917i(m): 12:01am On Dec 23, 2013
Don't mind d wife jare..... Pride is one of those things with SOME women, what she meant actually is dat u shud be trying to call her "mummy" ...... But dats only possible when u start to "daddy" ur pastor.......... just bone her side and continue your good relationship with God through ur "Pastor abcd"
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by LizzyAnn(f): 12:02am On Dec 23, 2013
grin grin grin
IYA NGBALI: you fok up,why you go apologise to the yeye opportunistic pastor,s wife?abeg go back and slao her for being rude to you and look for another church,preferably olumba olumba or guru marahji
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Snoggy(m): 12:05am On Dec 23, 2013
toshmann:
does this really happen or you guys are just making mouth? bc i been school for naija o, i never saw this. . . . .. ooops, i rarely went to fellowship anyways. . . . . only when a cutie invites me cool
Lol. I'm serious.

They are just hypocrites. Well, their reward would be here on Earth.
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by JideTheBlogger(m): 12:17am On Dec 23, 2013
My dear, port to Islam. All these "daddy/mummy shits don't happen in our religion. Peace! wink

2 Likes

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by otokx(m): 12:21am On Dec 23, 2013
Nigerian mentality
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 12:24am On Dec 23, 2013
specialguest: As I type this right now I am literally boiling with Anger. Imagine! I and my partner went to see the pastor today regarding our marriage plans and we met his absence. I decided to check the church office and behold I met his wife. The following conversation ensued between us

Me- Goodafternoon ma

Pastor's wife- Goodafternoon

Me- Ma, please is pastor around? He asked me and my fiance to see him today

Pastor's wife- which pastor?

Me- pastor abcd(i mentioned his name)

Pastor's wife- turned back stirred at me and shook her head then she said " I would have thought you were referring to someone else, how can you call my husband pastor abcd(his name) this is highly disrespectful. Bla Bla Bla Bla she went on and on about her displeasure.

Me- I am sorry ma, I summoned my fiance and we left.

Is it wrong for one to refer to his pastor as pastor abcd(his name) For christ sakes where in the bible was it written that we need to address our pastors as mummy and daddy?

By the way, the man in question would not have minded if I addressed him as pastor abcd o but his wife tongue lashed me even in his absence never to call him that again except daddy.
You did very well by remaining calm and no point boiling in anger. Agree with your fiancée on what steps to take, but pls don't overreact. When next you see him, call him Pastor and see what he says. But never succumb to that daddy thing. Doesn't make biblical sense.
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by liveogd(m): 12:28am On Dec 23, 2013
fijiano202: Am disappointed in you,i would have expected you to ask if pastor abcd has change his name to Pastor Daddy,i can call any pastor any name i like or want it may be Mr,Daddy or pastor abcd,i will never call a pastor wife mummy,i always refer to them as pastor wife but if she insulted me the way she insulted you i would honestly call her by her full name without any respect included
Talk is cheap
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 12:30am On Dec 23, 2013
tpia@:

Madam, save your issues and nasty character for your so-called fiance, thanks.

I just went through your posts and discovered you have a witch nature, good for you.

Your thread is nothing more than the usual satanic attacks on christians and christianity, like I said, if you are not happy with your pastor or his wife, find somewhere else t go or sit your cranky behind at home, na by force? Just thank seun for giving you a mouth.
You are overreacting. There is nothing to suggest that the op intended all the things you are accusing her of. It was just an honest thread with no malice attached, in my opinion.

5 Likes

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by valdprof: 12:39am On Dec 23, 2013
specialguest: As I type this right now I am literally boiling with Anger. Imagine! I and my partner went to see the pastor today regarding our marriage plans and we met his absence. I decided to check the church office and behold I met his wife. The following conversation ensued between us

Me- Goodafternoon ma

Pastor's wife- Goodafternoon

Me- Ma, please is pastor around? He asked me and my fiance to see him today

Pastor's wife- which pastor?

Me- pastor abcd(i mentioned his name)

Pastor's wife- turned back stirred at me and shook her head then she said " I would have thought you were referring to someone else, how can you call my husband pastor abcd(his name) this is highly disrespectful. Bla Bla Bla Bla she went on and on about her displeasure.

Me- I am sorry ma, I summoned my fiance and we left.

Is it wrong for one to refer to his pastor as pastor abcd(his name) For christ sakes where in the bible was it written that we need to address our pastors as mummy and daddy?

By the way, the man in question would not have minded if I addressed him as pastor abcd o but his wife tongue lashed me even in his absence never to call him that again except daddy.
I understand u were abashed and angry at the same time.......Presented with such scenario , most people would not have acted differently....... This is how our so called church leaders rub pomade on their names so as to brainwash , milk , exploit and pilot their gullible members

3 Likes

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Theblessed(f): 12:52am On Dec 23, 2013
[b][size=16pt]Listen!

You did the right thing. You addressed the Pastor with his Calling name/title/status/or whatever anyone wants to call it.

Aside our own biological fathers - God is the only Father and there is no other.

It is only lay Christians who are obvously worldly, that hungers for titles and status in the Church because, they do no understand the Scripture. They are only Chapter Bible reading Christains - that picks up a chapter and read each time they feel like reading the Bible - but how could anyone understand all that God is saying to us, in that order - I querry? You only have to read the WHOLE BIBLE 2 or 3 times to even begin to scratch in, some understandings of what the Holy Spirit is informing us about God because, the Holy Bible - Word of God, is "Too Deep" to understand fully at first or second reading.

You see, true Christians with spiritual insight into the deep things of God understands that, these things are nothing but vain and worldly - it is pride and God abhors pride/boastings. Remember, satan was chief boaster/proud man and we saw what happened to him in heaven = his downfall.

Therefore, Christians are instructed not to let the work of the flesh (i.e. the things of this world e.g. adultery, fonication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatiry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkenness and, revellings, in their lives - to live a Godly life.

And also, not to desire vain glory etc (which is what the Pastor's wife who should know better than you and I, is advocating for her poor husband). 'Status matters to her' than her Salvation.

Yes, God wants us to live and walk in his Spirit i.e. embracing the fruit of the Spirit of God which is, Love, Joy, Peace, Longsuffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meakness and, Temperance) Galatians Chpt. 5 v.16 - end.

As children of God, we should all work and act in HUMILITY however, I did not see humility in this woman rather, PRIDE and, I wonder the beliefs and values of this family
[/size][/b]
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Joe4real701(m): 12:54am On Dec 23, 2013
Another PEJ
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by logica(m): 12:58am On Dec 23, 2013
Daddy, Daddy Coooool...Daddy, Daddy Coooooooooooool. Sebi na to call am Daddy?
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 1:08am On Dec 23, 2013
Definitely an RCCG parish grin grin

Daddy my anus cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by dinachi(m): 1:10am On Dec 23, 2013
Any man who i submit to his spiritual authority over me, I will happily call daddy just as I call my earthly father who I submit to his physical authority! God is the ultimate father of all.
The pastor's wife communicated the right message in a wrong way.
@ OP if you must know the word PASTOR is derived from the Latin word shepherd. So it is not in any way wrong to call your spiritual shepherd daddy, except you are a very proud person.
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 1:40am On Dec 23, 2013
dinachi: Any man who i submit to his spiritual authority over me, I will happily call daddy just as I call my earthly father who I submit to his physical authority! God is the ultimate father of all.
The pastor's wife communicated the right message in a wrong way.
@ OP if you must know the word PASTOR is derived from the Latin word shepherd. So it is not in any way wrong to call your spiritual shepherd daddy, except you are a very proud person.

What are you saying?The word daddy means someone who beget you.Calling a pastor 'daddy' is RUBBISH!!!It's not even a right message.The pastor's wife is the proud person not the op,okk

3 Likes

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by amazing2013: 1:45am On Dec 23, 2013
Has it occurred to anyone that tpia@ might be Kemi Olunloyo?
1. tpia@ has several monikers to support her posts-just like Kemi does
2. tpia@ is filled with bitterness, hatred, venom, malice and negativity, just like Kemi is
3. tpia@ sees a war even in non-controversial topics; just like Kemi does
4. tpia@ thrives on notoriety; just as Kemi does
5. tpia@'s posts makes you question her mental health; just as Kemi's does
6. Kemi Olunloyo will most likely be on nairaland. Which personality matches hers the most?
7. tpia@ is first to comment very frequently, who besides Kemi Olunloyo will bookmark nairaland front page so they can be first to comment? Kemi is a full time "journalist".
8. tpia@ has the guts to create and respond to threads on both the Christianity and Islam sections. Something Kemi is quite open to doing

NOTE;
Mental health issues need to be taken more seriously.

8 Likes

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by politicalpastor: 1:47am On Dec 23, 2013
lol , the word of God is taken another dimension. some pastors these days. I ALWAYS watch out for them.
no pastor can tell me how to serve or praise my God.
the men of God in the bible serve God differently. Abraham serve God different from James,
david serve GOD different from joseph. just read your bible and just for GOD to give you understanding.
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 1:48am On Dec 23, 2013
Mtcheww !!!
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by tpia5: 1:49am On Dec 23, 2013
e don do, please direct your one track brains for the next news item and stop mentioning my name like zombies, abi who is still mentioning tpia@ there- se ori e daru ni?

half bakeds are irritating, once their medulla grabs hold of an idea, only a hard knock to their skull will make them release their hold on it.

are you a pack of lemmings?

wait for the next complaint for next sunday, f.ools.

1 Like

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by tpia5: 1:51am On Dec 23, 2013
EBK2:
You are overreacting. There is nothing to suggest that the op intended all the things you are accusing her of. It was just an honest thread with no malice attached, in my opinion.

the op is controlled by demons.
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by tpia5: 1:51am On Dec 23, 2013
Abeniboy: The OP might be right wit her action, but the truth is @op, you r not yet broken, I mean you have not started the Christian race. If you are, you wouldnt be posting this kind of things of social media to allow people that have made up their minds that they wouldnt make heaven or people the prince of this world has blinds their eyes and sealed their hearts from the truth to be making comments against the Church of God. I will suggest next tym you keep such to urself. Thank you

and what gives you the impression the op is not a satanist?
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by devour129: 1:54am On Dec 23, 2013
tpia@:

and what gives you the impression the op is not a satanist?
lmao,it's ok ! I know you are just trying to get everyone worked up. Time to let them sleep
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by tpia5: 1:54am On Dec 23, 2013
Duke_Nija:

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000

The op is taking this thing too far, and i think she's too aggressive. Just my opinion.

she is extremely aggressive and also has a bad nature, she goes around trying to destroy others.

check her previous threads. Even seeing people simply trying to earn a living doing basic business,she finds annoying and attempts to pull them down.

its her type who would encourage her dolt of a fiance to go into armed robbery and kidnapping.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Kenneth Copeland Lays Hands On Oyedepo At Winners Chapel's 36th Anniversary / A Rapist, Cultist And Robber Confesses At TB Joshua's Church (photos) / Hope: Transformed By Anja Ringgren Loven After Being Accused Of Witchcraft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.