Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:50 PM

Tips on How To Protect Your Car From Being Stolen This Christmas Period - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tips on How To Protect Your Car From Being Stolen This Christmas Period (10001 Views)

Photo: Is This The Best Way Of Securing Your Car From Theft? / Simple Ways To Prevent Your Car From Being Stolen / The Rate Which The Toyota Camry Gets Stolen This Days Is So Alarming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips on How To Protect Your Car From Being Stolen This Christmas Period by igahdavid(m): 5:05pm On Dec 21, 2013
[b]Christmas is meant to be the season of goodwill but not everyone sees it that way. Unfortunately some people will take advantage of the distractions that Christmas brings, so while you’re trying to catch fun with your family, someone could be stealing your car.

However it’s not all doom and gloom, from my experience in recovering stolen vehicles, there are a number of ways you can protect your vehicle – here’s a simple guide to help you do just that.

Tidy up your car - If you are one of those people that leaves lots of valuable stuffs like mobile phones, wallets, laptops or even bags lying around in their car, its time to clean up your car as these attracts thief's to your car

Think about how and where you park - For those that park their cars in the street, the nights during this season is darker, so, always try to park your car at a place with light as thief's will not like to steal cars parked at a well lit environment. Also try to park your car at an awkward angle or fit it into very tight spaces. It makes it harder to steal.
And if you have a driveway in your compound, don't back into it when you park, as it will be harder and take more time for a criminal to back your car out.

Another major place to watch your parking is at wedding parties/reception and traditional marriages. some of us park our vehicles some distance from the occasion venue or at an angle that will make it easy to drive off and leave whenever they want without being blocked by others. This also makes it easy for thief's to steal your vehicle and drive it off easily. Criminals want an easy target, so don’t give them one. My advice is to park your car into very tight spaces at positions were you would be blocked from driving out easily. You can be the last person to go but go with your car

Look after your keys - Now, thanks to technology, Some model of cars especially the newer models now require the memory chip found in the car’s keys in order to make the car start. So, at that occasion, party, wedding reception, club or joints, when taking all those extra bottle of alcohol, don't forget to put your keys deep inside your pocket not on top of the table as some criminals are there waiting for opportunity to steal your car keys in order to steal your car

Peak car theft period - The peak period for car theft and snatching is between 7pm and 11pm. This is the main period where your car can be snatched from you by those dare devil robbers. If you can, just avoid driving your car at night. But if you cant, try not to stop at the road sides during this period, to buy things like recharge cards or food stuffs.
Don't ever park your car during this period and enter a road side shop or supermarket. As robbers will wait for you to come out and attack you when you are about entering your car

Lastly, it’s recommended that you install a car tracker and anti theft device. If your car is stolen, a Tracker will make it much easier for the police to find. Hopefully if you’ve done all the above, you won’t ever need to use it but it’s always good to have the extra assurance. If your car gets stolen and you don't have a tracker on board, it’s going to be much harder to find that car. Do your very best to put criminals off and don’t give them any easy opportunity.

I wish all my fellow NAIRALANDERS a merry Christmas and a happy new year

www.dtechcartracking.com

[/b]

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tips on How To Protect Your Car From Being Stolen This Christmas Period by santakris(m): 5:07pm On Dec 21, 2013
Highly educative. Nice info.
Re: Tips on How To Protect Your Car From Being Stolen This Christmas Period by chikasin4(m): 4:41am On Dec 22, 2013
God bless u igahdavid, but wot abt one installing anti car theft alam system, and which one d u recommend.
Re: Tips on How To Protect Your Car From Being Stolen This Christmas Period by igahdavid(m): 1:04pm On Dec 22, 2013
chikasin4: God bless u igahdavid, but wot abt one installing anti car theft alam system, and which one d u recommend.

[b]The newer car models now have chips inside their keys, that make it impossible to start the vehicle without the original key. This type of vehicles don't need anti theft devices.
The older version of cars don't have this luxury, therefore its advisable to have anti theft device installed in them.

2 types of anti theft device that are good are

Timer - this is the type of security device, that you have to press a button anytime you open your car doors. Failure to do so will make your vehicle to stop after a few minutes.

Car security system with alarm and remote - the alarm will deter thief's from tampering with your car at night and the remotes can be installed in such a way, that if you use the remote to lock the doors of your car, the car won't start even if you use the original keys to unlock the door. So, if you lock with the remote, you must unlock with the remote before the car starts

And please, don't forget to install a car tracker in your car, as with a tracker, you still have a chance of recovering your vehicle after a theft has occurred, while the above mentioned devices can only prevent theft from occurring[/b]

1 Like

Re: Tips on How To Protect Your Car From Being Stolen This Christmas Period by louken(m): 6:23pm On Dec 22, 2013
Very informative. Thanks for sharing.
Re: Tips on How To Protect Your Car From Being Stolen This Christmas Period by XtremelyCoded(m): 1:30pm On Dec 23, 2013
victor: [b]Christmas is meant to be the season of goodwill but not everyone sees it that way. Unfortunately some people will take advantage of the distractions that Christmas brings, so while you’re trying to catch fun with your family, someone could be stealing your car.

However it’s not all doom and gloom, from my experience in recovering stolen vehicles, there are a number of ways you can protect your vehicle – here’s a simple guide to help you do just that.

Tidy up your car - If you are one of those people that leaves lots of valuable stuffs like mobile phones, wallets, laptops or even bags lying around in their car, its time to clean up your car as these attracts thief's to your car

Think about how and where you park - For those that park their cars in the street, the nights during this season is darker, so, always try to park your car at a place with light as thief's will not like to steal cars parked at a well lit environment. Also try to park your car at an awkward angle or fit it into very tight spaces. It makes it harder to steal.
And if you have a driveway in your compound, don't back into it when you park, as it will be harder and take more time for a criminal to back your car out.

Another major place to watch your parking is at wedding parties/reception and traditional marriages. some of us park our vehicles some distance from the occasion venue or at an angle that will make it easy to drive off and leave whenever they want without being blocked by others. This also makes it easy for thief's to steal your vehicle and drive it off easily. Criminals want an easy target, so don’t give them one. My advice is to park your car into very tight spaces at positions were you would be blocked from driving out easily. You can be the last person to go but go with your car

Look after your keys - Now, thanks to technology, Some model of cars especially the newer models now require the memory chip found in the car’s keys in order to make the car start. So, at that occasion, party, wedding reception, club or joints, when taking all those extra bottle of alcohol, don't forget to put your keys deep inside your pocket not on top of the table as some criminals are there waiting for opportunity to steal your car keys in order to steal your car

Peak car theft period - The peak period for car theft and snatching is between 7pm and 11pm. This is the main period where your car can be snatched from you by those dare devil robbers. If you can, just avoid driving your car at night. But if you cant, try not to stop at the road sides during this period, to buy things like recharge cards or food stuffs.
Don't ever park your car during this period and enter a road side shop or supermarket. As robbers will wait for you to come out and attack you when you are about entering your car

Lastly, it’s recommended that you install a car tracker and anti theft device. If your car is stolen, a Tracker will make it much easier for the police to find. Hopefully if you’ve done all the above, you won’t ever need to use it but it’s always good to have the extra assurance. If your car gets stolen and you don't have a tracker on board, it’s going to be much harder to find that car. Do your very best to put criminals off and don’t give them any easy opportunity.

I wish all my fellow NAIRALANDERS a merry Christmas and a happy new year

[/b]

but i don't have a car
Re: Tips on How To Protect Your Car From Being Stolen This Christmas Period by emmaliver(m): 1:30pm On Dec 23, 2013
thnx for educating us. its a nice one
Re: Tips on How To Protect Your Car From Being Stolen This Christmas Period by Nobody: 1:31pm On Dec 23, 2013
Nice one better thn some of the rubbish on fp
Re: Tips on How To Protect Your Car From Being Stolen This Christmas Period by ebamma(m): 1:38pm On Dec 23, 2013
Xtremely Coded:
but i don't have a car
tell that to your pastor
Re: Tips on How To Protect Your Car From Being Stolen This Christmas Period by OgologoDimkpa: 1:42pm On Dec 23, 2013
Thanks for sharing.
Re: Tips on How To Protect Your Car From Being Stolen This Christmas Period by Lilimax(f): 1:43pm On Dec 23, 2013
Quite informative!
Thanks for sharing @ OPsmiley.
Re: Tips on How To Protect Your Car From Being Stolen This Christmas Period by Nobody: 2:06pm On Dec 23, 2013
On Point.
Re: Tips on How To Protect Your Car From Being Stolen This Christmas Period by greggng: 2:31pm On Dec 23, 2013
You re on point but let me add the ultimate security which is God. Infact anoit ur car with a blessed olive oil and u will be smiling cos if God watches a thing , no one can tamper with it
Re: Tips on How To Protect Your Car From Being Stolen This Christmas Period by Exponental(m): 2:33pm On Dec 23, 2013
Xtremely Coded:
but i don't have a car
1. Why did u come to ds section?
2. Do u av any family with a car, if yes, advice them. If no, sorry.
3. Do u wish to av a car? Use it as a prayer point if u pray.
Re: Tips on How To Protect Your Car From Being Stolen This Christmas Period by onyxo76(m): 2:36pm On Dec 23, 2013
igahdavid:

[b]The newer car models now have chips inside their keys, that make it impossible to start the vehicle without the original key. This type of vehicles don't need anti theft devices.
The older version of cars don't have this luxury, therefore its advisable to have anti theft device installed in them.

2 types of anti theft device that are good are

Timer - this is the type of security device, that you have to press a button anytime you open your car doors. Failure to do so will make your vehicle to stop after a few minutes.

Car security system with alarm and remote - the alarm will deter thief's from tampering with your car at night and the remotes can be installed in such a way, that if you use the remote to lock the doors of your car, the car won't start even if you use the original keys to unlock the door. So, if you lock with the remote, you must unlock with the remote before the car starts

And please, don't forget to install a car tracker in your car, as with a tracker, you still have a chance of recovering your vehicle after a theft has occurred, while the above mentioned devices can only prevent theft from occurring[/b]
from which year do cars have those memory chips in keys , just want to know if my car has one.
Re: Tips on How To Protect Your Car From Being Stolen This Christmas Period by Godbest(m): 2:49pm On Dec 23, 2013
Pls how do i get an expert for the security of my 2003 ford expediture
Re: Tips on How To Protect Your Car From Being Stolen This Christmas Period by basty: 3:10pm On Dec 23, 2013
God knows that there are Armed Robbers reading this thread. Any Armed Robber that has read or would be reading this thread will die in this season of Xmas and the new year in Jesus name. The only available option for you is to repent of your sins.
Re: Tips on How To Protect Your Car From Being Stolen This Christmas Period by smasher1(m): 7:21pm On Dec 23, 2013
Useful info for me especially the part about parking far from wedding etc venue
Re: Tips on How To Protect Your Car From Being Stolen This Christmas Period by Ninilowo(m): 11:26pm On Dec 23, 2013
Xtremely Coded:
but i don't have a car
.......and you dont wish to have one?
Re: Tips on How To Protect Your Car From Being Stolen This Christmas Period by Decryptor(m): 12:58am On Dec 24, 2013
Bookmarked!
Re: Tips on How To Protect Your Car From Being Stolen This Christmas Period by Nobody: 2:18am On Dec 24, 2013
basty: God knows that there are Armed Robbers reading this thread. Any Armed Robber that has read or would be reading this thread will die in this season of Xmas and the new year in Jesus name. The only available option for you is to repent of your sins.
Re: Tips on How To Protect Your Car From Being Stolen This Christmas Period by Nobody: 7:22am On Dec 24, 2013
The only way i know is to park the car at home
Re: Tips on How To Protect Your Car From Being Stolen This Christmas Period by igahdavid(m): 10:30am On Dec 27, 2013
lrguru: The only way i know is to park the car at home
lol, would be the best way, but I don't think someone will buy a car, just to park it at home
Re: Tips on How To Protect Your Car From Being Stolen This Christmas Period by Ndata(m): 6:07am On Dec 31, 2013
Good information but my only problem is with the car tracker.With " interferometer" on the open market installing car tracker puts your car in serious danger of someone locking down your car with this device.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Replica Body Kits: The Nearest Thing To Owning A Super Car. / 5 Causes Of Timing Chain Noise In Your Car / Traffic Offenders To Pay N100, 000 Fine- FRSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.