Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? (14327 Views)

See What Some Boys Are Doing To A Lady Inside A House Party (photo) / Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! / What Makes A Man Live Longer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by unuane1(m): 6:36pm On Dec 21, 2013
A man is expected to fend for himself and his family, but circumstances may force a man to consider doing away with the norm. For instance, in some cultures, it is considered wrong for a man to live in a house built by his in-laws. However, some people think it is not a big deal; besides, circumstances may require in-laws to lend a helping hand to their daughter’s family.
What is you take or opinion on this. Is it right for a man to live in a house built by his in-laws?
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by tobillionaire(m): 6:42pm On Dec 21, 2013
his wife and children can... BT himself abomicountry ni o... he should look 4 a friend to stay with

2 Likes

Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by hayurmide: 6:44pm On Dec 21, 2013
It is totaly rubish n nonsense 4 a guy doin d@, though I av a broda doin it bt bcoz of d@, I jus av 2 disown him jus 4 d@ crazy doin. My gues is mayb hez bin charm

2 Likes

Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by fijiano202(m): 6:54pm On Dec 21, 2013
unuane1: A man is expected to fend for himself and his family, but circumstances may force a man to consider doing away with the norm. For instance, in some cultures, it is considered wrong for a man to live in a house built by his in-laws. However, some people think it is not a big deal; besides, circumstances may require in-laws to lend a helping hand to their daughter’s family.
What is you take or opinion on this. Is it right for a man to live in a house built by his in-laws?
mtschew....why dont he open a Bank account with them also..its better the man sleeps in churches or under a bridge than to live in his inlaw house,its better for his wife and kids to live there alone

2 Likes

Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by DExplorer1: 7:16pm On Dec 21, 2013
No!
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by Gboliwe: 7:31pm On Dec 21, 2013
A house built by his inlaw, like a tenant? Does he pay rent? If yes, nothing wrong. If No, I think it would just be a temporary arrangement till he gets back on his feet

16 Likes

Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by GoodFaith: 5:05pm On Dec 23, 2013
unuane1: A man is expected to fend for himself and his family, but circumstances may force a man to consider doing away with the norm. For instance, in some cultures, it is considered wrong for a man to live in a house built by his in-laws. However, some people think it is not a big deal; besides, circumstances may require in-laws to lend a helping hand to their daughter’s family.

Same complex (compound) No
Different place Yes
You don't want your in-law in your business
If you live in the same complex all your business will be out there

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by Deefuray(f): 9:11pm On Dec 23, 2013
No he should not!
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by Syenite(m): 12:03pm On Dec 26, 2013
Common with peeps from the SW. angry

9 Likes

Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by yemi2plus(m): 12:05pm On Dec 26, 2013
Gboliwe: A house built by his inlaw, like a tenant? Does he pay rent? If yes, nothing wrong. If No, I think it would just be a temporary arrangement till he gets back on his feet
I second

3 Likes

Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by odizeey(m): 12:06pm On Dec 26, 2013
I pity dat man
D wife go turn nokia phone reminder
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 26, 2013
no!no !no !!!!!!!!!disaster in d making!! especially in a country like naija Dats extremely religious n superstitious n intolerant!! dat couple wil jst die of frustration!! ps: deres ntin wrong wit it...but in Nigeria it iss !!!
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by SIRKOL(m): 12:07pm On Dec 26, 2013
To me I don't see anything wrong in it but since we Africans had seen it as a crime, every man should strive n build his home rather than leaving in his in-laws house; so many fins r involved

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Dec 26, 2013
in yorubaland,such man if he dies in the house,wont be taken through the door,but the window,cos it is assume only a lazy man dies in his inlaw's house..its a custom used to discourage any form of lazziness on the man's part.
Have i answered your question?

9 Likes

Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by amazing2013: 12:08pm On Dec 26, 2013
See kweshion o. Y ever not?
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by 3Dimension: 12:09pm On Dec 26, 2013
U will forever be under the authority of ur in-law

Welcome to nigerian
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by amazing2013: 12:09pm On Dec 26, 2013
Lol! Are you for real? grin
Yomieluv: in yorubaland,such man if he dies in the house,wont be taken through the door,but the window,cos it is assume only a lazy man dies in his inlaw's house.

6 Likes

Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by lonelydora: 12:09pm On Dec 26, 2013
Yes of course, there's nothing there. .
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by adezjamz(m): 12:10pm On Dec 26, 2013
[size=36pt]if being a DOG is limitless & meaningless to him[/size]

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by tyson99(m): 12:10pm On Dec 26, 2013
Syenite: Common with peeps from the SW. angry
Like ur father did abi Arindin

19 Likes

Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by Nikapetrelli(f): 12:10pm On Dec 26, 2013
It is not wrong cos there is need for it.Is lyk is only de man go live for d house?D wife n kids r also living in d house
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by Akshow: 12:10pm On Dec 26, 2013
amazing2013: Lol! Are you for real? grin
True talk. Its called tradition.
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by pekelepekele(m): 12:11pm On Dec 26, 2013
Not good!!! But some men are shameless they will even fight for their inlaw properties cheesy
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Dec 26, 2013
Syenite:

Common with peeps from the SW. angry

Wetin this one dey talk?

9 Likes

Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by netintelligence: 12:12pm On Dec 26, 2013
is it also good for a man to marry and give birth to all his children in his fathers HOUSE. staying with his parents?
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by naijabadoo(m): 12:14pm On Dec 26, 2013

Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by israel007: 12:14pm On Dec 26, 2013
NO!!!
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:15pm On Dec 26, 2013
In my opinion a man should not live in any house in the first place.

REAL MEN live in the BUSH.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by nerodenero: 12:16pm On Dec 26, 2013
Yomieluv: in yorubaland,such man if he dies in the house,wont be taken through the door,but the window,cos it is assume only a lazy man dies in his inlaw's house.
Syenite: Common with peeps from the SW. angry
For any man that allows that,'oti di gbewu dani' and every soon,he will be put to shame.
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by lincolnj88: 12:16pm On Dec 26, 2013
Pagan 9ja..... Is always meaningless in its post angry

4 Likes

Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? by mimicue(f): 12:16pm On Dec 26, 2013
Hell NO angry angry ... A man should never live in he's in laws house...he's wife n kids yes but him no...if he doesn't want his business to be their business and they will be lookin down on him like nobody...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Attracted You To Your Present Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? / How Long Should A Healthy Man Have Sex Before Cumming? / Safer To Marry: Virgin Or Disvirgined?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.