Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,480 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:13 PM

The Six-year-old Girl Who Wanted To Leave Love Letters To Her Parents - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Six-year-old Girl Who Wanted To Leave Love Letters To Her Parents (753 Views)

Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji / My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. / My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Six-year-old Girl Who Wanted To Leave Love Letters To Her Parents by teejay300981: 10:55pm On Dec 21, 2013
The six-year-old girl who wanted to leave love letters to her parents

When 6-year-old Elena Desserich was diagnosed with brain cancer, she began hiding hundreds of little love notes around the house for her parents to find after she was gone. She was given 135 days to live. She lived 255 days, passing away in 2007. After her death, Elena's parents, Brooke and Keith, found hundreds of notes from Elena hidden around the house — in between CD cases, between bookshelves, in dresser drawers, in backpacks. "It just felt like a little hug from her, like she was telling us she was looking over us". Elena's parents, Brooke and Keith Desserich, later published these notes in a book called Notes Left Behind to fund a non-profit organization The Cure Starts Now dedicated to fighting pediatric brain cancer.

Re: The Six-year-old Girl Who Wanted To Leave Love Letters To Her Parents by Mhizdimplez(f): 5:53am On Dec 22, 2013
This is so touching..............from a six year old girl?...with her stunning beauty!!....i wonder how her parents would have felt.....
Re: The Six-year-old Girl Who Wanted To Leave Love Letters To Her Parents by macof(m): 11:48am On Dec 22, 2013
So lovely, she really loved her parents and am sure they did too
Re: The Six-year-old Girl Who Wanted To Leave Love Letters To Her Parents by Godmother(f): 1:59pm On Dec 22, 2013
They will have something to hold unto to ease the pain a bit. So touching
Re: The Six-year-old Girl Who Wanted To Leave Love Letters To Her Parents by Tinkybabe(f): 2:34pm On Dec 22, 2013
My heart aches! she sure was a cute and loving girl..indeed touching.
Re: The Six-year-old Girl Who Wanted To Leave Love Letters To Her Parents by Nobody: 2:43pm On Dec 22, 2013
Little Angel.
Re: The Six-year-old Girl Who Wanted To Leave Love Letters To Her Parents by oyinbogirl(f): 2:45pm On Dec 22, 2013
what a dear little soul. Dying and yet thinking of her parents...love this thoughtful little girl
Re: The Six-year-old Girl Who Wanted To Leave Love Letters To Her Parents by gluv01(f): 2:45pm On Dec 22, 2013
God bless her soul

(1) (Reply)

If Your Parents Were Less Protective, Would You Turn Out A Better Adult / 30 Ways To Kill A Marriage / Your First Cooking Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.