Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,855 members, 7,802,740 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

John Grisham Fan Club - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / John Grisham Fan Club (19412 Views)

The Worst Ending A John Grisham Book Ever Had! / John Grisham Or Sydney Sheldon / Robert Ludlum Or John Grisham? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: John Grisham Fan Club by mobolajiA: 9:44pm On Sep 29, 2008
grin grin grin grin
love THE TESTAMENT bst

Grisham is the king of best sellers. No Controversy
grin grin cheesy shocked kiss
Re: John Grisham Fan Club by mobolajiA: 9:59pm On Sep 29, 2008
minute can u recap the book u read? hw interesting on a scale of 1-10?

Kadman hw ar u doin. am ok thanks for asking
Re: John Grisham Fan Club by akanniedo: 10:38pm On Sep 29, 2008
Grisham is certainly not tolstoy or dickens. My preference is for the classical lit because in terms of fictional literature, it admits its insincerity, but does away with that and makes us concentrate on the style of writing itself. Modern fic writers are lost except for mysterious and tragic endings. And I must say, tragic endings really steal my heart. Grisham's  eva (i think), in THE PARTNER did the job. It showed that there is really and truly no real love. Companionship, I agree. Lust, i agree even more, but love?  . . . . . . ANOTHER LIFE in  very truth.
Re: John Grisham Fan Club by SamMilla1(m): 10:47am On Sep 30, 2008
yea, the partner is another one i really got hurt after reading.
THE lady disappeared with everything after the guy went through hell.
It has a bad ending.
Re: John Grisham Fan Club by cbase: 11:19am On Sep 30, 2008
hei ya cheesy
Re: John Grisham Fan Club by pimpc007(m): 4:45pm On Oct 03, 2008
I've Read :
The summons
The Pelican Brief (unfinished)
The Brethren
The King of Torts
The Chamber (unfinished)
The Broker

I'll finish his 20 something books pretty soon.
Re: John Grisham Fan Club by enato(m): 5:08pm On Oct 03, 2008
Am a fan too read few of them like A time to kill,The client,Pelican brief,The chamber.His is what captures readers.if you are not a fan pick up The client for a start or atime to kill If need is book go to novel stands at iyaba and ojota or the island or ikejacheesy cheesy
Re: John Grisham Fan Club by enato(m): 5:08pm On Oct 03, 2008
Am a fan too read few of them like A time to kill,The client,Pelican brief,The chamber.His is what captures readers.if you are not a fan pick up The client for a start or atime to kill If need is book go to novel stands at iyaba and ojota or the island or ikejacheesy cheesy
Re: John Grisham Fan Club by SamMilla1(m): 1:29pm On Oct 04, 2008
yea, i first read 'A TIME TO KILL' and then i got hooked
Re: John Grisham Fan Club by kommy27(f): 8:40pm On Oct 04, 2008
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#990000][/color]
Re: John Grisham Fan Club by ollybabe: 10:09am On Oct 07, 2008
john grisham, is really a wonderful writer and i really love his book
his book are one of the most standard in terms of quality and print of the text.
Re: John Grisham Fan Club by skywalk: 9:20pm On Oct 07, 2008
I am a huge fan, hv read all his books with the exception of his latest one, Appeal? But i hate painted house.
Re: John Grisham Fan Club by Cristalz(f): 9:25pm On Oct 07, 2008
skywalk:

I am a huge fan, hv read all his books with the exception of his latest one, Appeal? But i hate painted house.

Lol grin I see i'm not the only one that doesn't really dig that book. Nice story,but it just goes on and on and on, as in, no 'wow' culmination of all those events. No significant,jointed changes,kinda. It just went on like a flat plain with only a few green trees to admire. It wasn't bad anyways. . .i mean i don't hate it. I just expected different.
Re: John Grisham Fan Club by SamMilla1(m): 5:20pm On Oct 09, 2008
A painted house is very interesting. The little difference is that Grisham ventured out of legal thriller that he is best know for.
I like the book, although it wasnt what i expected.
Its just like

PLAYING FOR PIZZA
THE INNOCENT MAN and
Skipping Christmas
Re: John Grisham Fan Club by skywalk: 12:02am On Oct 10, 2008
Nope i beg to disagree wit u Sam Milla the painted house kept rambling on wit no direction nd, wat was all da painting all about? A house in nowhere, his first attempt at a non legal thriller suckd. The Broker was da bomb!
Re: John Grisham Fan Club by Okijajuju1(m): 12:06am On Oct 10, 2008
I am a John Grisham groupie but my gawd did he disapoint me with the innocent man.
That was the first book I never completed.

Do not buy it.
Re: John Grisham Fan Club by maedan(f): 2:56pm On Oct 10, 2008
Okija_juju:

I am a John Grisham groupie but my gawd did he disapoint me with the innocent man.
That was the first book I never completed.

Do not buy it.

The Innocent Man was non-fiction, that's maybe why you didn't enjoy it. It took me longer than usual to finish the book, but it wasn't THAT bad. I think real Grisham fans should be ready to read ANYTHING he writes. I'm not a true fan, yet I managed to finish it!
Re: John Grisham Fan Club by SamMilla1(m): 8:05pm On Oct 10, 2008
maedan:

The Innocent Man was non-fiction, that's maybe why you didn't enjoy it. It took me longer than usual to finish the book, but it wasn't THAT bad. I think real Grisham fans should be ready to read ANYTHING he writes. I'm not a true fan, yet I managed to finish it!

yes you have your point there.
when u become addicted to his legal thrillers, you can read anythin from him.
i actually enjoyed a painted house.
i knew from onset that it wasnt legal thriller.
So i had no option than to go on but i was happy at the end.
Innocent man , yes it wasnt fiction , so no one should expect courtroom brawl though it happened somehow.

the bomb is not the broker, although anyone can chose his
But I think the bomb is

1. THE FIRM
2. THE CLIENT
3. A TIME TO KILL
4. THE STREET LAWYER AND
5.THE TESTAMENT

my opinion
Re: John Grisham Fan Club by Cristalz(f): 8:47pm On Oct 10, 2008
I didn't really like The Street Lawyer.

I would replace that with The Rainmaker.
Re: John Grisham Fan Club by skywalk: 11:59pm On Oct 10, 2008
When i said the broke was da bomb i was comparing it to his other non legal novels. All his book are da bomb to me actually. I pick a book by him i finish it period. As for the innocent man, he said he saw the obituary of man in the papers nd a little story about how he was in death row, nd research it nd hence the book.
Re: John Grisham Fan Club by SamMilla1(m): 5:48pm On Oct 11, 2008
ok, got your point but THE BROKER is a legal thriller.
The Rainmaker is great too.
Ithink i will start to read it over again.
I am missing it.
BUT how about the CHAMBER,
iTS ANOTHER GREAT EMOTIONAL LEGAL THRILLER
Re: John Grisham Fan Club by skywalk: 8:37pm On Oct 11, 2008
@ Sam Milla Nah THE BROKER is ESPIONAGE. A power broker who was in prison was given presidential pardon by the outgoin president in his final hours in office. The president was pressured by the CIA, he was given a new identity, smuggled out, settled in Bologna. Then the CIA leaked were he was to Israelis, Russianr, nd two other countries i cant remember. To see who comes after him. I sometimes forget some stories, like i remember THE RAINMAKER, was about a guy dat was bringing in huge pay to his law firm nd later got into trouble. Remind me the storyline of the chamber again. Diffinately hv to read them again.
Re: John Grisham Fan Club by SamMilla1(m): 6:51pm On Oct 13, 2008
The Chamber is about the man who was convicted of murder and sent to deathrow.
His grand son became a lawyer and decided to take up his grandfathers case. He fought very hard for the man to be released but they sent him to the gas chamber at the end.

Yea, the broker is very good. It was the russians, the Chinese , the Israelis and the saudis that was looking for the man.
He was to sell some information to the saudis and the Israeli govt. does not want that.
Re: John Grisham Fan Club by Cayon(f): 11:34pm On Oct 13, 2008
never read his books

However, i love movies of JOhn Grisham Novels. Pelican Brief is my favorite
Re: John Grisham Fan Club by SamMilla1(m): 12:26pm On Oct 14, 2008
try reading the books.
i recommend you start with A TIME TO KILL.
you wiill be suprised of what you have been missing
Re: John Grisham Fan Club by chukwubele(f): 9:47am On Oct 15, 2008
I'm a major John Grisham fan, Read quite a bit of his books but still a long way to go. He is definitely a wow writer
Re: John Grisham Fan Club by monamarie(f): 6:42pm On Oct 15, 2008
I am also proud to say that am a fan of john grisham books, i hav a time to kill,rainmaker and the street lawyer, and a painted house, am on my way to be a proud owner of the whole collection, !
Re: John Grisham Fan Club by SamMilla1(m): 8:05pm On Oct 15, 2008
very good. I aalready own all of them , all from dan brown, all from mario puzo and all from sam bourne.

i am chasing sheldon now,
Re: John Grisham Fan Club by skywalk: 9:11pm On Oct 15, 2008
@cayon the books are far better than the films. @sam milla thanks for the memory jugg. Among Dan Brown's books for me Angels and Demons is the best, i almost did not read it, gald i did. Can u refer me to other good authors pls?
Re: John Grisham Fan Club by SamMilla1(m): 1:38pm On Oct 16, 2008
try sydney sheldon, he was very good. also try the 'FINAL RECKONING ' SAM BOURNE.
I love his style of stories, unlike others, he faced the mysteries of the ancient middle east squarely and make you doubt what you know about religion. The righteous men was excellent too.

But all in all, i will say , LOOK FOR ANY GRISHAM YOU HAVENT READ.

NO LIVING HUMAN WRITES LIKE HIM. TRUST ME
Re: John Grisham Fan Club by skywalk: 10:44pm On Oct 19, 2008
Sheldon is among my choice writers, Sam Bourne? Neva heard of him, but i wil do so. Thanks a bunch.
Re: John Grisham Fan Club by SamMilla1(m): 6:04pm On Oct 23, 2008
Sam bourne is relatively a new writer compared to grisham and sheldon.
he writes mysteries just like dan brown but he is very good at it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request / How To Learn Jungle Language / DAYO'S ANGEL( Love, Lust And Betrayal)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.