Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,305 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi (53795 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi Visits Ooni Ogunwusi (Photo) / Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Nobody: 10:26pm On Dec 23, 2013
aywhy93: [size=13pt]Its really such a pity How so many people cannot think straight just because of a day chicken & rice AND at most 3 days.. Gone are the days when people used to argue that Christmas is scriptural, Now.. 7/10 Knows it for real that it is not Scriptural just because Christians means Christ Followers and Jesus Christ did not tell us to celebrate his birth, the only thing he wants us to celebrate about him is his death which he made mention by himself in Luke 22:19, 20 --> Also, he took a loaf, gave thanks, broke it, and gave it to them, saying: “This means my body which is to be given in YOUR behalf. Keep doing this in remembrance of me.”
[/size]

Please tell me where in the Bible that Jesus was born on the 25th of December... If you still don't know the genuine truth about Christmas, Its better you do some lil research. www.jw.org will surely be of help.

Instead of this your ranting, why not show us first where in the bible SUNDAY worship is scriptural so we can continue

1 Like

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:30pm On Dec 23, 2013
ustazi:
ITS X-MAS TIME AGAIN
So many Muslims are celebriting christmas every year. Without knowing
what is the truth behind this. See the hidden facts.
1) HAZRAT ISA alayhi salam (Jesus) was never born on DEC 25. Quran
indicates around April May june time.
2) 13 pagan gods goddess were born on Dec 25th.
3) The most famous tree. Rman pagan always worshiped plant & trees.
Pagan believe is trees and plants, are symbols of fertility.
4)Who is SANTA CLAUS? Rearrange the words see what u get.
Santa = SATAN
Claus = LUCAS
(Lucifer the devil)
Lucas is a code name for high devil LUCIFER (u shud now that)
(Its called anagraming. A jewish invention).
5) Santa wears RED, red symbolizes FIRE. The pagan god THOR would
come down chimneys with red clothes.
6) Meaning of CHRISTMAS: They are 2different words CHRIST -- MAS
CHRIST means the anointed one its a greek word. MAS stands for death
sacrifice, so when you say MERRY CHRITMASS its means =
MERRY DEATH OF CHRIST.
7) Happy new year. New year 1st JAN is celebrated in memory of
the two faced pagan god JANUS.
ISLAMIC YEAR BEGINS IN MUHARRAM (which was last month now we in
month called SAFR.
Allah says in the Quran: THE JEWS AND CHRISTANS WILL NEVER BE
PLEASED WITH YOU UNTIL YOU FOLLOW THEIR RELIGION (surah
Baqarah) Hadith: WHO EVER IMITATES A NATION SHALL BE FROM
THEM (abu dawood) YOU WILL FOLLOW THEM (christains n jews)
SPAN BY SPAN INCHE BY INCHE. EVEN IF THEY WERE TO ENTER A
LIZARDS HOLE (muslim) Do good needs before the dark FITNAS
appear. A person will be muslim in morning & Kafir at night or Muslim
at night & Kafir by morning, deen will be sold to gain the world.
(Muslim) Just some simple facts for us to open our eyes and save
ourselves and our families from
such things. TOMOROW IS NEVER PROMISED TO ANYONE, BUT
STANDING IN FRONT OF ALLAH ON THE DAY OF QIYAMAAT IS!!!
YOUNG PARENTS NEED TO ADDRESS THIS ISSUE WITH THERE
CHILDREN.
It's our responsibility to inform others so Please spread this message to
the whole WORLD & ALL MUSLIM.

Allah is also a Pagan God. you should stop worshipping Allah.

Allah has 3 daughters - Al Manat, Al Lat, Al Uzza.

so if you worship Allah , you must worship Allahs daughters.

If you disrespect Allahs daughters, you disrespect Allah.

No prophet muhammad or man has the right to speak on behalf of Allah.

Allah is the God of all.

1 Like

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by eleojo23: 10:33pm On Dec 23, 2013
Demain_man:

And monday is MOONday i belief cheesy
yeah, you're right. Friday was named after Fria a goddess of love and Saturday after Saturn!
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by wasco8(m): 10:38pm On Dec 23, 2013
We are all human and therefore cannot be perfect including Kumuyi and all
those who see themselves as absolutely pure. Everything about this world is not
in the bible. You are free to add whatever you want to introduce to the world
community to it. Xmas is celebrated all over the world and observed to promote
the religious psyche in all of us annually with festivities. If you choose not to
celebrate Xmas, you can do so. It is a choice and please do not try to impose
your idea on me. If it is a sin because it is not in the bible, let it be. I join the
with the rest of the world to share the festivities to enjoy with family, friends
and neighbors.. The original Catholic church started the celebration centuries
ago. Kumuyi could go and confront them and iron out their differences.
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Afroconnect: 10:42pm On Dec 23, 2013
The Catholic Archdiocesse response is rather empty...Kumuyi never said he didn't believe in christ.
In reality the historical celebrations done during the christmas seasons are indeed idolatrous,it had nothing to do with purification or works of the spirit.

This is a fact#

1 Like

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Nobody: 10:45pm On Dec 23, 2013
Interesing.... I wish to comment on those who say christmas is a period where people get drunk, kill for ritual, steal in order to impress their peeps in village and so and so on. Abeg shey in England dem o dey do rituals kidnapping for xmas, dem too dey steal to go village for xmas? Or in rome dey do that too Or mayb in USA dey do canival and cult boys count scores for wall street Its just a geographical perspective of the season and stop saying as if that's what christmas preaches... Take a deep reflection and speak to God. All these rantings don't cont. I celebrate christ. Complements to yall

2 Likes

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by mkoabiola: 10:46pm On Dec 23, 2013
Same wit jehova witness,
Dey will nva celebrate xmas.
So contradictory.
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by aywhy93(m): 10:52pm On Dec 23, 2013
Kamsy10:

Instead of this your ranting, why not show us first where in the bible SUNDAY worship is scriptural so we can continue

Thanks for the question... But who told you I only worship or Worship should only or Must only be on SUNDAY ? Explain yourself... Atleast, a bible verse will always answer any question you've got. *waiting*
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Afroconnect: 10:52pm On Dec 23, 2013
justhelp: probably you are one of the audience at Kumuyi church
This is history,a known fact that every knowledgeable person knows,kumuyi didn't tell us anything new.

Even ur pastors have read about it.
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by SELFWORTH: 10:55pm On Dec 23, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Allah is also a Pagan God. you should stop worshipping Allah.

Allah has 3 daughters - Al Manat, Al Lat, Al Uzza.

so if you worship Allah , you must worship Allahs daughters.

If you disrespect Allahs daughters, you disrespect Allah.

No prophet muhammad or man has the right to speak on behalf of Allah.

Allah is the God of all.

Lots of ignorant people on this thread. You need psychiatric examination. What does darkness have in common with light? What does Christ have to do with Alla..h and his daughters? Did you not read the title of the thread?

Every Jack and Jill tend to jump up and down on NL to comment on Christian threads; commenting on a GOD they know nothing about. It's a symptom of SENILE DEMENTIA.

If you truly believe GOD doesn't exist why bother arguing about something that doesn't exist. You are merely deceiving yourself. No one cares what you think. God has been living forever and will live even after your rotten body hits the grave so please grow up and get a life . Your opinion only counts in the dog laboratory .

1 Like

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Afroconnect: 10:56pm On Dec 23, 2013
OliverPin: Interesing.... I wish to comment on those who say christmas is a period where people get drunk, kill for ritual, steal in order to impress their peeps in village and so and so on. Abeg shey in England dem o dey do rituals kidnapping for xmas, dem too dey steal to go village for xmas? Or in rome dey do that too Or mayb in USA dey do canival and cult boys count scores for wall street Its just a geographical perspective of the season and stop saying as if that's what christmas preaches... Take a deep reflection and speak to God. All these rantings don't cont. I celebrate christ. Complements to yall
Guy that was where it originated from...and it is still being celebrated with some of its traditions,themes and at same time of the year.
The drunkeness,fornication and gluttony that describes the christmas of old is still same-aint it?
Tell me one thing that is really holy in the way we celebrate Christmas in Nigeria?
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:59pm On Dec 23, 2013
SELFWORTH:

Lots of ignorant people on this thread. You need psychiatric examination. What does darkness have in common with light? What does Christ have to do with Allah and his daughters? Did you not read the title of the thread?

true. christ the darkness has nothing in common with Allah the light.
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Nobody: 11:03pm On Dec 23, 2013
Afro connect:
Guy that was where it originated from...and it is still being celebrated with some of its traditions,themes and at same time of the year.
The drunkeness,fornication and gluttony that describes the christmas of old is still same-aint it?
Tell me one thing that is really holy in the way we celebrate Christmas in Nigeria?
mr man I celebrate christ on 25th december I don't need to know what you think. Pls do Have a nice night...

1 Like

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Nobody: 11:05pm On Dec 23, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

true. christ the darkness has nothing in common with Allah the light.

alla.h the light? Don't make me laugh. Your alla.h is the source of 100% of the world's problems.

Religion of peace my foot!

3 Likes

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by SELFWORTH: 11:10pm On Dec 23, 2013
smurfy:

alla.h the light? Don't make me laugh. Your alla.h is the source of 100% of the world's problems.

That pagan naija always displays symptoms of someone whose brain was sold off at birth. No one is asking you to convert to Christianity but on every Christian thread he is the first to vomit garbage. He is not normal and needs to be donated for experiment.

2 Likes

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by daromatique(m): 11:10pm On Dec 23, 2013
was Jesus given birth to on d 25th of december? Definitely not... I believe dat I am not celebrating Jesus birth but Why He was born which is to reconcile d world to God... So dat day I carry owt d ministry of reconciliation and also eat my chicken... If we rilly wanna celebrate Him? Dat day, tell someone abt Christ... #teamwinsoulsforJesus..
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Nobody: 11:13pm On Dec 23, 2013
aywhy93:

Thanks for the question... But who told you I only worship or Worship should only or Must only be on SUNDAY ? Explain yourself... Atleast, a bible verse will always answer any question you've got. *waiting*

Tell me why Kumuyi holds his service on sundays?? sunday worship is not scriptural oooooo
The question is too hard for you abi? You de dodge.
Anyway hypocrisy is usually difficult to defend.
Also show me where Jesus travelled by flight instead of donkey. Also show me TV in the scriputures...so many things but answr the above mentioned first.

But not to worry, we wont discriminate against you, you're more than welcome to the idolaters club my dear
Bunch of hypocrites

1 Like

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:14pm On Dec 23, 2013
SELFWORTH:

If you truly believe GOD doesn't exist why bother arguing about something that doesn't exist. You are merely deceiving yourself. No one cares what you think. God has been living forever and will live even after your rotten body hits the grave so please grow up and get a life . Your opinion only counts in the kingdom of fools like you.

I believe God exists but I dont believe a jewish man like jesus can be a God.
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by elfaez(m): 11:14pm On Dec 23, 2013
Anthony kumuyi is the former governor of oyo state,and if you ask me,I'll say he is a good man
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:14pm On Dec 23, 2013
smurfy:

I aint talking about the religion of peace Allah.

Im talking about the Allah in Arab religion.

the world problems are due to prophet muhammad, not Allah.
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Soloter(m): 11:15pm On Dec 23, 2013
Christ resurrected on Sunday(first day of the week),
Mark 16:9 Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils.

After His resurrection the apostles and disciples were gathering on the first day of the week (Sunday),
Acts 20:7/KJV And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, read to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.

1Cor 16:2 Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.

1 Like

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Soloter(m): 11:19pm On Dec 23, 2013
Kamsy10:

Christ resurrected on Sunday(first day of the week),
Mark 16:9 Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils.

After His resurrection the apostles and disciples were gathering on the first day of the week (Sunday),
Acts 20:7/KJV And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, read to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.

1Cor 16:2 Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.

2 Likes

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by scentmarlc(m): 11:24pm On Dec 23, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

SUN day

MOON day

TIV sday

WODEN sday

THOR sday

FREYJA sday

SATURN sday

Âll names of Pagan Gods.

still you guyz abuse and curse us.

Us?
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Soloter(m): 11:29pm On Dec 23, 2013
wasco8: We are all human and therefore cannot be perfect including Kumuyi and all
those who see themselves as absolutely pure. Everything about this world is not
in the bible. You are free to add whatever you want to introduce to the world
community to it. Xmas is celebrated all over the world and observed to promote
the religious psyche in all of us annually with festivities. If you choose not to
celebrate Xmas, you can do so. It is a choice and please do not try to impose
your idea on me. If it is a sin because it is not in the bible, let it be. I join the
with the rest of the world to share the festivities to enjoy with family, friends
and neighbors.. The original Catholic church started the celebration centuries
ago. Kumuyi could go and confront them and iron out their differences.
The Man hasn't compelled you to stop celebrating Christmas. He has simply said Christmas is not Biblical and so him and the ones he's shepherding can't observe it. it's left for you to search the Scriptures and see if what he said is true or otherwise.

3 Likes

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by SELFWORTH: 11:29pm On Dec 23, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

I believe God exists but I dont believe a jewish man like jesus can be a God.

.....I refuse to be drawn into a discussion with someone who is clearly not normal. Since you only believe in yourself, please enjoy the rest of the year in the doghouse.

My own thing is that you get off the thread and stop wasting your time. Your pretence is not funny but shows evidence of advanced dementia.
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by SELFWORTH: 11:34pm On Dec 23, 2013
Soloter: The Man hasn't compelled you to stop celebrating Christmas. He has simply said Christmas is not Biblical and so him and the ones he's shepherding can't observe it. it's left for you to search the Scriptures and see if what he said is true or otherwise.

Religion is a personal decision. Let every one celebrate Christ how they know. Our personal encounters with the Lord are not same so why should we all celebrate the same way.

No one can stop the world from celebrating the birth of Christ.

Christ will live long after all these human doctrines and thier owners are long gone. Christ lives in the heart not in all these propaganda.
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Alexpetra: 11:36pm On Dec 23, 2013
Kamsy10:

Doesn't this sound contradictory?. If Christ is to be celebrated everyday. Is December 25 not inclusive?
I even noticed Kumuyi is on facebook. omg has anyone told him that the founder of facebook is not even a Christian.
I also thought TV is not in the bible but it looks like he was on TV too. Facebook, TV's etc are not in the bible o but him and his members are using them. So he not only allows his members use them,but he too? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Well I guess he's just seeking attention Because since after he was caught on camera smiling from cheek to cheek at his son's wedding when the wife was dressed in everything he preaches against(more like a wedding made in hell fire), I concluded he probably agrees that nothing is wrong with some of those things he condemns. It's always the members that will carry everything he says on their head.
I wont be surprised if him and his children are caught on camera again rocking Christmas celebration(afterall his sermon suggests that Christmas should be celebrated everyday not only December 25th)

I also hope he doesn't hold church services on Sundays until he shows where sunday was mentioned in the bible and since when sunday worship became scriptural cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
He even travels by flight while Jesus travelled with donkey.smh.
or maybe he his using d media to preach d word of God to d dying world
have u guyz ever for once visited his FB page??
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Soloter(m): 11:38pm On Dec 23, 2013
Kamsy10:

Tell me why Kumuyi holds his service on sundays?? sunday worship is not scriptural oooooo
The question is too hard for you abi? You de dodge.
Anyway hypocrisy is usually difficult to defend.
Also show me where Jesus travelled by flight instead of donkey. Also show me TV in the scriputures...so many things but answr the above mentioned first.

But not to worry, we wont discriminate against you, you're more than welcome to the idolaters club my dear
Bunch of hypocrites

My friend, search the Scriptures and see that;
Christ resurrected on Sunday(first day of the week),Mark 16:9 Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils.After His resurrection the apostles and disciples were gathering on the first day of the week (Sunday),

Brethren were gathering on sundays Acts 20:7/KJV And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, read to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.

this practice of gathering on the first day of the week(Sunday) continued even in the Corinthians Church, 1Cor 16:2 Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as Godhath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.

1 Like

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by SELFWORTH: 11:41pm On Dec 23, 2013
Alexpetra: or maybe he his using d media to preach d word of God to d dying world
have u guyz ever for once visited his FB page??

Is there FB in the Bible? Is God on FB? Is FB a Christian tool or invention?

God is not a man. He looks at the the heart not all these superficial things that man worship.
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by femlij: 11:46pm On Dec 23, 2013
I beg WEDNESSday nko
glimpse:

Even thursday means THORsday
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by cautious: 11:46pm On Dec 23, 2013
If he truly said this, I find nothing wrong with it. Apart from the pagan origin of some of the articles in its modern day celebration, I think the preacher has simply equated the seasonal hype and commercial stunts to idolatry. Admonishing his congregation to avoid the trappings of idolatry seems perfectly in order, to my mind.

2 Likes

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by foura: 11:46pm On Dec 23, 2013
christmas is cobination of christ and mas,mas which is an idol so it is insulting to join the name of christ with idol,contantine roman emperor when he became a christian ask the believer to celebrate christ on december 25 why the pagan celebrate on the same day, we are christian because we follow christ not man no matter how powerful the man may be.jesus lived for 33 years and there is no day he celebrate his birthday and there is no place he command us to do so, brethren are we more knowledgeable than him,and his disciple who live after him never one day celebrate his birth.ask yourself do you know more than christ or his disciples,if truelly you appreciate his birth,death and ressurection you will repent from sins which is the very purpose why he was born.jesus said if you love me keep my commandment which many that says they are celebrating him are not keeping.celebration of christmas is a show of flesh which every one can do infact many break his commandement on the so called christmax day so if you appreciate his birth proof that by repenting from your sins,preach the gospel daily for he that commit sin is of the devil 1john 3 vs 8 either he celebrate chritmas or not,ask your self if christ should be alive today will he celebrate his birthday?if does not celebrate it durig his 30 years of living and three and half years of ministry why are you now celebrating it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Oyedepo Turns Woman With Small Breasts To Big Breasts Instantly Via Prayer / "Buhari Will Bring Doom To Nigeria": Father Obimma, What Holy Spirit Told Me / Archaeologists Find Gates Of Hell In Saudi Arabia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.