Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:52 AM

Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2013 - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2013 (33028 Views)

If You Watched This Series, You Are Too Older Than You Think / Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2014 / What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2013 by Nobody: 2:41pm On Dec 22, 2013
******Also Check Top 10 Nollywood Movies of 2012

*Grabs mic* Yup, ladies and Gentlemen it's another end of the year and the backyard crew of Speedyboi Nairaland corporation has brought to you another wonderful, redefined, repackaged, rejuvinated, redecorated and repainted edition of Nollywood top movies! Enjoy! grin

Though it's unfortunate this year has been 'expectations' year as the much awaited movies didn't get released sad(and the ones that got released...I've not been able to watch them sad), it is still okay to say this year has been a great year for Nollywood lovers as there were enough interesting movies all round the year to keep us glued to the screen! wink. Making a top 10 wasn't easy but I sha made it, though it was difficult to rank the no 2-6 movies sad. This is a list of the top 10 Nollywood movies I watched this year.

10. Relentless

[img]http://derinbyday.files./2012/11/relentless-poster.jpg[/img]

Starring: Gideon Okeke (Tinsel), Nneka, Jimmy Jean-Louis and Aloba Taiwo
Year of production: 2010
Production Platform: Clam Films
Directed by: Andy Amadi Okoroafor
Genre: Drama
Shot on: Celluloid (35mm)
NOTES: Brillant Cinematography with stunning visuals of the beautiful bustling city of Lagos to go with it. Very good performance from Gideon. I think it's worth the number 10 spot for this year for me!
-Con: Really, 'I' didn't get what this film is about!
It's generally a good watch anyway.... I would recommend to anyone who wants to catch a movie at a leisure hour...

9. Flower Girl

Starring: Damilola Adegbite, Chris Attoh, Eku Edewor, Bikiya Graham Douglas and Chuks Chukwujekwu
Year of production: 2013
Production Platform: Blu Star Entertainment
Directed by: Michelle Bello
Genre: Romantic Comedy
Shot on: Red camera
NOTES: Brilliant Cinematography and stunning visuals with a good story to go with it. And a lot of eye candies kiss grin.
-con: It's unrealistic for most part (I don't know if this is a con though)....so if you are looking for 'Realism', don't bother undecided.

8. Murder at Prime Suites (M@PS)

Starring: Joseph Benjamin, Keira Hewatch and Chelsea Eze
Production Platform: C&C Screen Production
Directed by: Eneaji Chris EnenG
Genre: Crime Thriller
Shot on: HDSLR (Not sure, it just looks like it grin)
NOTES: This is a very brillant movie with a good story! Very professional! Well researched! and it didn't try to 'overdo' itself. Above all, it makes lots of sense...it didn't propagate any bullshiit Nigerian stereotype like a typical 'old nollywood' style movie would do for a movie of this genre. It was very practical all through. Also good performance from beautiful Keira Hewatch....I'm watching you wink.
-Con: It was suppose to be a 'thriller', but for me o (I don't know about you), I didn't see any serious suspense. Again I wish there's a better Character development (Don't get me wrong; the characters were developed, I for one just expected more - Expecially the family side of the detectives).
I recommend this movie to anyone!

7. Journey To self

Starring: Nse Ikpe-Etim, Dakore Akande, Ashionye Michelle Raccah, Tosin Sido and Katherine Obiang.
Production Platform: Fressia Entertainment
Directed by: Tope Oshin-Ogun
Genre: Melo-Drama
Shot on: HDSLR
NOTES: Oh God, okay this movie is beautiful! - storywise. It used the 'slow-pacing' method to get its message across. Also the Colour Grading was perfect for a movie of that genre....'cool, tinted'....awesome! And then A star studded movie....Eye candy stars at that grin kiss kiss. Beautiful Music too that suits the mood of the movie. This movie would've been higher on my list, but the sound was a let down.
-Con: The Sound! And it is slow (I don't know if this should be a CON)! So if you dislike Slow movies....don't bother about this cos you gonna hate it!

6. Hoodrush

Starring: OC Ukeje, Bimbo Akintola, Gabriel Afolayan, Chelsea Eze and Ijeoma Agu
Year of production: 2012
Production Platform: Flipsyde Studios
Directed by: Dimeji Ajibola
Genre: Musical
Shot on: 35mm 'Digital Camera Setup'
NOTES: Another brilliant movie. Good storyline and good cinematography ...and melodic songs smiley. Brilliant performance from Bimbo Akintola! OC and Gabriel weren't bad either.
-Con: I don't know if this is a con, but the movie is actually eeeermmm........146 Minutes long grin. That shouldn't be a problem for bollywood fans, I guess.
I recommend this to anyone...even if you have problem with the duration, sha go see it! You ain't gonna realize how fast the time would fly!

5. Confusion Nawa

Starring: Ramsey Noah, OC Ukeje, Tunde Aladese, Ali Nuhu, Tony Goodman and Gold Ikponmwosa
Production Platform: Cinema Kpatakpata
Directed by: Kenneth Gyang
Genre: Dramedy
Shot on: HDSLR
NOTES: Brilliant Scriptwriting! Brilliant scriptwriting! That is the star of this film. A very simple story that is well written, that is Confusion Na Wa. I must say I bashed this film no be small...the title alone, the poster, the name of the production company sef, the trailer.....everything looked like such a big joke then and I was turned off. After seeing the movie 'by mistake', I was pleasantly surprised and I chewed my words embarassed. I hope the filmmakers would consider what the title of a movie can do to their film next time!
I recommend this to everyone!

4. Ties that Bind

Starring: Kimberly Elise, Omotola J Ekeinde, Ama K. Abebrese, John Dumelo and Ebbe Bassey.
Year of production: 2011
Production Platform: Turning Point Media
Directed by: Leila Djansi
Shot on: Red Camera
NOTES: Okay before you say anything, 'I choose to add it tongue'.
Brilliant Story! Brilliant Cinematography! Brilliant performance from the casts. Tight dialogues with memorable quotes! It was just a pleasant experience watching this movie.
-Con: too much generalization. But w.t.h, it's fiction!
I recommend this to anyone.

3. Awakening

[img]http://2.bp..com/-OTVhAeDPg6I/Tz6Z7yn6j2I/AAAAAAAAAwA/RaLvYmxqI4s/s1600/Awakening+Poster.jpg[/img]

Starring: Kehinde Bankole, OC Ukeje, Femi Brainard and Bryan Okwara
Production Platform: Studio84 Productions
Directed by: James Omokwe
Genre: Dark Thriller
Shot on: ------
NOTES: Interesting Storyline, Beautiful performance from Kehinde Bankole, very believable Visual effects (very special thumbs up for this smiley). This movie has few glitches, but it is generally a good movie and very interesting.
I recommend this for anyone!

2. Tango with Me

Starring: Genevieve Nnaji, Joseph Benjamin, Joke Silva and Tina Mba
Year of production: 2010
Production Platform: Brickwall Communications Ltd.
Directed by: Mahmood Ali-Balogun
Shot on: Celluloid (35mm Kodak film)
NOTES: Beautiful visuals! Damn! Interesting story and well played out! I waited for this movie like forever (It was released during the time when I wasn't a Nollywood fan YET), but it was worth the wait... I like it very much. A sad story sad.... but with a very predictable ending, just like any other love-related story.
I recommend this!

1. The Meeting

Starring: Rita Dominic, Linda Ejiofor (Tinsel), Femi Jacobs and Jide Kosoko. Special Appearances from Kate Henshaw, Nse Ikpe Etim and Chinedu Ikedieze
Production Platform: The Audrey Silver Company (TASC)
Directed by: Mildred Okwo
Genre: Romantic Comedy
Shot on: Red Camera
NOTES: wow! WOW! wow! This movie blew me away this year. One gbosa for Mildred. Another Gbosa for Tunde Babalola; the scriptwriter! You just cannot hate this movie....no matter what! It will crack your ribs.....and you just gotta loooove 'CLARA IKEMBA' grin grin grin grin. Thumbs up to All the casts! They all did wonderfully well. What more can I say? Maybe prayer warriors can start praying against every spirit of 'Clara Ikemba' waiting at success points grin grin grin, Because them plenty for this Naija no be small!
The movie is for Everyone, Anyone, all ones

looking forward to:
October 1 by Kunle Afolayan (Coming soon)
76 by Izu Ojukwu (Coming soon) <====Someone tell this bros that I'm running out of Patience angry
Mother of George by Andrew Dosunmu (Released 2013)
Half of Yellow sun by Biyi Bandele (Released 2013)
Feathered Dreams by Andrew Rozhen (Released 2012)
Render to Caesar by Onyekachi “Lucky” Ejim (Coming soon)
Toussaint L'ouverture by Jeta Amata (Coming soon)

hmmmm...., 2014 smells good already! grin grin grin grin grin

criteria - As usual; Superb story/plot, Excellent Production values (Visuals, Sound, Directing, Music Score and 'attention to detail' etc), African etc.....

[size=14pt]ACTORS OF THE YEAR![/size]
Criteria: In the 'New Nollywood', there has been quite a level of professionalism. As a result, only few 'New Nollywood' stars get to act in more than one movie in a year! (just as it should be in a sane movie world). At most, A good year will offer 3-4 movies, and a year without any movie doesn't signify a failing career..... - The directors don't repeat casts often. But ofcourse; the pay for those few movies is times better than the pay that would've been received for 15 movies out of Alaba market combined together grin. So my actors of the year refers to the stars who acted quite a number of movie between year 2012/2013 ....well....it might also translate to good acting Qualities.

MALE

OC Ukeje

2012/13 has been a great year for this dude as I saw his face on the screen quite often....He is the favourite of the year. Funny, All the movies he appeared in this year turned out Brilliant.....except Alan Posa (Which I didn't bother to watch due to negative reviews).
List of Movies featured in year 2012/13 - Confusion Na wa, Half of a yellow Sun, Awakening, Hoodrush and Alan Posa.

FEMALE

Nse Ikpe Etim

[img]http://1.bp..com/-BUDxSr-j93c/UOaM3Kx4DRI/AAAAAAAAHV8/1Kpb3qtMvd4/s1600/Nse-Ikpe-Etim.jpg[/img]
After starring in Kunle Afolayan's Phone Swap, this lady's star level suddenly skyrocketed to the 'A-List' title and she featured in quite a number of films since then + she's been absent from Redcarpets lately (which most of the times translates to 'Busy'), so maybe there's more to expect next year or the year after (depending on the release dates).
List of Movies featured in year 2012/13 - Journey to Self, The Meeting, Phone Swap, Mr and Mrs, Brother's Keeper and Dream Walker.

Now the ground is open add yours. Your top movies, the movies you are watching out for in 2014 and your best actors this year! wink. Enjoy the fun smiley.

And I wish you a HAPPY NEW YEAR in advance. Enjoy the season! smiley smiley smiley

10 Likes

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2013 by semid4lyfe(m): 4:46pm On Dec 23, 2013
Speedyboi, nice review. . . .

Bookmarks thread and makes a mental note to pick up these movies when I hit Lagos. . . . .

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2013 by Egbagirl(f): 4:47pm On Dec 23, 2013
and why doesn't IrokoTV + have these movies?? Na wa o
Re: Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2013 by naijabadoo(m): 4:47pm On Dec 23, 2013
what about me
Re: Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2013 by 1stola: 4:47pm On Dec 23, 2013
ok
Re: Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2013 by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 23, 2013
I dont watch Nollywood movies...
Btw, Op ur post is long o... I hope nobody quotes u...

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2013 by IamDebola: 4:48pm On Dec 23, 2013
Egba girl: and why doesn't IrokoTV + have these movies?? Na wa o

Can you download iRokoTv movies?
Or you can only watch their movies online, even if you're a premium member?
Re: Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2013 by Rastamann: 4:49pm On Dec 23, 2013
Most if not all Nigerian movies are comedy. Always watch them to kill time.
Re: Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2013 by Nobody: 4:49pm On Dec 23, 2013
nice o

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2013 by Krasid(m): 4:52pm On Dec 23, 2013
At OP, Nice one.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2013 by Egbagirl(f): 4:55pm On Dec 23, 2013
IamDebola:

Can you download iRokoTv movies?
Or you can only watch their movies online, even if you're a premium member?

You can't download them (at least not that I am aware of). You watch them online and that's it even if you are a + member
Re: Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2013 by Kingtim(m): 4:59pm On Dec 23, 2013
This list is really hard for me o..
1 Aki na ukwa.
2 osuofia in london
3 tom an jerry
4 fool at fourty
5 Mr ibu 1&2
6 ukwa the list is endlest mehn. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2013 by Nobody: 5:04pm On Dec 23, 2013

Bloody hell those posters are good!!! When did Nollywood move from jam-packing all the casts, supporting casts, extras and Patience Ozokwor's nephews on the movie poster? This is good!!!

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2013 by LifeQuest(m): 5:07pm On Dec 23, 2013
Re: Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2013 by Nobody: 5:08pm On Dec 23, 2013
Nonsense, any niccur that watches nollywood is a p***y

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2013 by IAMBREEZY: 5:13pm On Dec 23, 2013
Good
Re: Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2013 by LajaLaba: 5:13pm On Dec 23, 2013
IamDebola: Nollywood sucks!
Suckerembarassed
Re: Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2013 by Ahmed0336(m): 5:13pm On Dec 23, 2013
Me wey no dey used to nollywood movies hmmmm I go try watch am since na speedyboi recommend em. undecided

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2013 by duni04(m): 5:15pm On Dec 23, 2013
OP is probably d only one dat has seen al dese movies

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2013 by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 23, 2013
Freak show movies.
Re: Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2013 by Charbless(m): 5:20pm On Dec 23, 2013
@poster, shey u be marketer?? Abi u don dey sell movies? #justPassingShaa

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2013 by Jensenelizz(m): 5:24pm On Dec 23, 2013
*not sure if its nairaland or nollywood land* next page pls
Re: Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2013 by Onuokwu: 5:28pm On Dec 23, 2013
I am with you on waiting for "76". Somewhere on Afronolly, i read it was due for release October 3, but that day came and passed and nothing. No doubt it will be a hit when released...judging from trailer that is...

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2013 by Nobody: 5:28pm On Dec 23, 2013
SimonAndal:
Bloody hell those posters are good!!! When did Nollywood move from jam-packing all the casts, supporting casts, extras and Patience Ozokwor's nephews on the movie poster? This is good!!!
I concur

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2013 by eesdee: 5:30pm On Dec 23, 2013
Why is "Last flight to Abuja" not on that list undecided

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2013 by StateOfMind: 5:33pm On Dec 23, 2013
Ermm..I watched the following movies in 2013, but I am not sure of their year of production. They are my top ten this year all the same.

In no particular order:

Anchor baby
Married but living single
On bended knees
Dr Bello
Murder at prime suites
Ties that bind
Tango with me (I looked forward to seeing this movie too much and I guess that reduced the wow feeling)

That's about it I guess...Top 7 it is grin

5 Likes

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2013 by Sike(m): 5:38pm On Dec 23, 2013
martha: I dont watch Nollywood movies...
Btw, Op ur post is long o... I hope nobody quotes u...
I was about quoting when i see this and immediately, iWeak.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lucy, Erica And Prince Fight and Cuss Over Team Task. / #BBNaija :Fight Between Tacha And Omashola Over Robes While Mercy,frodd Dance / Living In Bondage, Breaking Free: Scenes From The Movie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.