Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,651 members, 7,801,898 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

I Remain Speaker Of River's State House Of Assembly: Evan Bipi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Remain Speaker Of River's State House Of Assembly: Evan Bipi (1202 Views)

The Facts About Norsemen Kclub: Why Evans Bipi Is Not A Norseman. / Evans Bipi Calls Patience His Jesus On Earth / Evans Bipi Boasts About Beating-Up Chidi Loyd In Rivers Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Remain Speaker Of River's State House Of Assembly: Evan Bipi by seanet01: 4:21pm On Dec 22, 2013
Talk of clowns, dem plenty for Jonathan Brigade

Leader of the group anti-Rotimi Amaechi group in the Rivers State House of Assembly, Honourable Evans Bipi, has said that the state governor, Amaechi and his group have exhibited desperation in matters concerning the state assembly.
Bipi, who spoke to Sunday Tribune in an exclusive interview, said he would not as a result of intimidation by anyone step down as the speaker of the Rivers Assembly, claiming the judgment the Amaechi group was citing was an interim injunction which would lapse only after seven days.
Speaking further, Bipi noted that the insinuations by the Amaechi group that Dame Patience Jonathan was behind his activities were not true, saying “let them leave the First Lady out of this.”
According to Bipi, the Amaechi group had gone to the local High Court in Ahoada, a local government council in Rivers State, to get the injunction because they knew their case had no merit, thereby leaving out competent federal and state High Courts in Port Harcourt.
“The police have said they have not received any injunction from any court, neither have I. In any case, the injunction they are quoting will lapse tomorrow, Monday, December 23, 2013. Let’s see what other gimmick they will play again,” he said.
Bipi, who stated that immediately he was elected speaker, the Amaechi group had ran to the National Assembly asking it to take over the legislative functions of the state assembly, said: “I was the one who went to court and I secured judgment reversing the decision of the National Assembly to take over the functions of the Rivers State House of Assembly. Now, they are trying to reap where they did not sow, trying to hijack the leadership of the House. This cannot work,” he warned.
Bipi added that the Amaechi group has been holding nocturnal meetings and spreading spurious information to advance their desperate cause, saying that no amount of blackmail could make him jettison his resolve of liberating the people of Rivers State from Amaechi’s oppression.
He added that the issue of fake mace said to be in his possession was one of the propaganda unleashed by the Amaechi group, saying it was Amaechi himself hiding a mace he bought and used when he was speaker of the state assembly.
Said Bipi, “when Amaechi was speaker, he bought a mace for the House which he used. When he finished his term, he took this mace to his house. His successor bought another mace. However, during the current legislative session, another mace was bought.”
“ The two maces, including that used by Amaechi’s successor as speaker are with the sergeant at arms. We should ask Amaechi where he kept the mace and what he is doing with it,” he queried.
He noted that Amaechi might be rushing to open the state assembly in the bid to cover his activities during the months he operated as sole administrator while the state assembly was in limbo or to rush his 2014 budget. He advised the governor to follow the right channel, rather than dissipating energy in trying to block the wishes of the assembly that made him speaker.

http://tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/news-headlines/item/29149-rivers-crisis-i-remain-speaker-of-rivers-house-%E2%80%94bipi.html
Re: I Remain Speaker Of River's State House Of Assembly: Evan Bipi by seanet01: 4:21pm On Dec 22, 2013
You will soon know who the Speaker is.
Re: I Remain Speaker Of River's State House Of Assembly: Evan Bipi by yibomustgo(m): 4:30pm On Dec 22, 2013
5 against 32
Re: I Remain Speaker Of River's State House Of Assembly: Evan Bipi by FreeGlobe(f): 4:40pm On Dec 22, 2013
Bipi is still the speaker

2 Likes

Re: I Remain Speaker Of River's State House Of Assembly: Evan Bipi by seanet01: 4:44pm On Dec 22, 2013
FreeGlobe: Bipi is still the speaker
In Yhebotic Equation abi?

5 Likes

Re: I Remain Speaker Of River's State House Of Assembly: Evan Bipi by FreeGlobe(f): 4:49pm On Dec 22, 2013
seanet01:
In Yhebotic Equation abi?
whether Tinubu and his SW goons like it or not
Re: I Remain Speaker Of River's State House Of Assembly: Evan Bipi by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 4:53pm On Dec 22, 2013
This guy dey really cause high BiiPii for Amaechi

1 Like

Re: I Remain Speaker Of River's State House Of Assembly: Evan Bipi by Femolacaster(m): 5:11pm On Dec 22, 2013
People shouldn't take this Bipi and his cohorts serious, they are just clowns!
Re: I Remain Speaker Of River's State House Of Assembly: Evan Bipi by drnoel: 5:18pm On Dec 22, 2013
seanet01: Talk of clowns, dem plenty for Jonathan Brigade

Leader of the group anti-Rotimi Amaechi group in the Rivers State House of Assembly, Honourable Evans Bipi, has said that the state governor, Amaechi and his group have exhibited desperation in matters concerning the state assembly.
Bipi, who spoke to Sunday Tribune in an exclusive interview, said he would not as a result of intimidation by anyone step down as the speaker of the Rivers Assembly, claiming the judgment the Amaechi group was citing was an interim injunction which would lapse only after seven days.
Speaking further, Bipi noted that the insinuations by the Amaechi group that Dame Patience Jonathan was behind his activities were not true, saying “let them leave the First Lady out of this.”
According to Bipi, the Amaechi group had gone to the local High Court in Ahoada, a local government council in Rivers State, to get the injunction because they knew their case had no merit, thereby leaving out competent federal and state High Courts in Port Harcourt.
“The police have said they have not received any injunction from any court, neither have I. In any case, the injunction they are quoting will lapse tomorrow, Monday, December 23, 2013. Let’s see what other gimmick they will play again,” he said.
Bipi, who stated that immediately he was elected speaker, the Amaechi group had ran to the National Assembly asking it to take over the legislative functions of the state assembly, said: “I was the one who went to court and I secured judgment reversing the decision of the National Assembly to take over the functions of the Rivers State House of Assembly. Now, they are trying to reap where they did not sow, trying to hijack the leadership of the House. This cannot work,” he warned.
Bipi added that the Amaechi group has been holding nocturnal meetings and spreading spurious information to advance their desperate cause, saying that no amount of blackmail could make him jettison his resolve of liberating the people of Rivers State from Amaechi’s oppression.
He added that the issue of fake mace said to be in his possession was one of the propaganda unleashed by the Amaechi group, saying it was Amaechi himself hiding a mace he bought and used when he was speaker of the state assembly.
Said Bipi, “when Amaechi was speaker, he bought a mace for the House which he used. When he finished his term, he took this mace to his house. His successor bought another mace. However, during the current legislative session, another mace was bought.”
“ The two maces, including that used by Amaechi’s successor as speaker are with the sergeant at arms. We should ask Amaechi where he kept the mace and what he is doing with it,” he queried.
He noted that Amaechi might be rushing to open the state assembly in the bid to cover his activities during the months he operated as sole administrator while the state assembly was in limbo or to rush his 2014 budget. He advised the governor to follow the right channel, rather than dissipating energy in trying to block the wishes of the assembly that made him speaker.

http://tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/news-headlines/item/29149-rivers-crisis-i-remain-speaker-of-rivers-house-%E2%80%94bipi.html
who even interviewed this useless nycompu
Re: I Remain Speaker Of River's State House Of Assembly: Evan Bipi by chiozor: 5:26pm On Dec 22, 2013
^^^ must quote all the write up just to ask rubbish
Re: I Remain Speaker Of River's State House Of Assembly: Evan Bipi by funshybam(m): 6:32pm On Dec 22, 2013
[quote author=drnoel]
who even interviewed this useless nycompu[/quote

click LIKE if u think this guy deserves a comprehensive scan @ yaba left

2 Likes

Re: I Remain Speaker Of River's State House Of Assembly: Evan Bipi by ba7man(m): 6:43pm On Dec 22, 2013
This Evans Bipi is part of the palm oil stains on G.E.J.
Re: I Remain Speaker Of River's State House Of Assembly: Evan Bipi by donphilopus: 6:52pm On Dec 22, 2013
Bipi is a problem to Rivers state, that needs a solution asap.
Re: I Remain Speaker Of River's State House Of Assembly: Evan Bipi by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 22, 2013
I know what BIPI needs...MayBe when the real speaker use the real mace to knack him head this time, he will know who the speaker is...lol
Re: I Remain Speaker Of River's State House Of Assembly: Evan Bipi by hardywaltz(m): 9:26pm On Dec 22, 2013
Mr Ibu Evan Bipi keep dreaming.
As for all the Rivers youths that refer to this clown as Speaker i pity your generation.

Re: I Remain Speaker Of River's State House Of Assembly: Evan Bipi by investnow2013: 9:33pm On Dec 22, 2013
seanet01: You will soon know who the Speaker is.
Although i am not a member of APC or PDP,But I believe Evans Bibi is still Speaker of our beloved Rivers State!.Our Politicians are VERY SELFISH & SELF CENTRED.Why on Earth a Person elected on a Party platform will suddenly leave the Party & Still not leaving the office he or she was elected to serve on by the people!.People VOTED FOR PARTIES NOT INDIVIDUALS!. The Amaechi group had already acknowledge that Bibi is the SPEAKER BY GOING TO COURT TO STOP HIM.

(1) (Reply)

An Open Letter/reply To Gov. Amaechi Regarding His Utterance On AIT. / Shocking"corrective Rape" Was Used On To Cure Them Of Lesbianism In South Africa / United States Envoy To Nigeria Visit Asaba [PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.