Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:37 AM

Lagos Govt Invests N575.5 Billion In Water Production, Supply - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Govt Invests N575.5 Billion In Water Production, Supply (765 Views)

Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections / 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt / Civil Society Help Stop Plot By Lagos Govt, World Bank To Privatise Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Govt Invests N575.5 Billion In Water Production, Supply by solapex: 4:32pm On Dec 22, 2013
State plans to produce 745 million gallons per day by 2020.
The Lagos State Water Corporation is to invest $3.5 billion (N575.5 billion) in water production and supply through Public Private Partnership in the state.
The corporation’s Group Managing Director, Shayo Holloway, made this known in an interview in Lagos on Sunday.
Mr. Holloway said the investment would boost water production and supply from 210 million gallons per day to 745 million per day by 2020.
He said that this was in line with the corporation’s master plan project targeted at providing potable water in all the nooks and crannies of the state.
“What we are doing now is to involve Public Private Partnership in the project to acquire the needed equipment because the state government cannot do it alone,” he said.
The group managing director also identified vandalism, illegal connections and residents’ refusal to pay for water service as some of the challenges facing the corporation.
“Our challenges are far greater than other states. Lagos State is the most populous state in the country with over 20 million inhabitants. We are currently expanding our network on piping,” he said.
Mr. Holloway said the corporation would soon inaugurate the Ota-Ikosi Mini-waterworks in Ikorodu with capacity of four million gallons of water per day.
He explained that the waterworks would serve more than 11 communities in Ikorodu and Epe axis.
“Besides, we are in the process of finalising the design with a foreign company to develop 50 million gallons of water per day in Badagry to serve Mile 2. Also, another construction of waterworks is ongoing at Odomola in Epe which will serve Epe, Ibeju-Lekki and other environs. The state currently needs about 540 million gallons of water per day, but we are constrained due to some challenges of epileptic power supply and lack of access to funds,” Mr. Holloway said.

http://premiumtimesng.com/regional/151883-lagos-govt-invests-n575-5-billion-water-production-supply.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=lagos-govt-invests-n575-5-billion-water-production-supply
Re: Lagos Govt Invests N575.5 Billion In Water Production, Supply by slimthugchimee(m): 5:03pm On Dec 22, 2013
Why is it i only hear fashola is to ......... Fashola is to........... And i have never heard fashola unveils the......... Mtchwwww
owk God i beg yuo let this not reach fp cause e.fights will begin soon

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Govt Invests N575.5 Billion In Water Production, Supply by ShineIt: 5:14pm On Dec 22, 2013
How much is Tinubu getting as kickback?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Govt Invests N575.5 Billion In Water Production, Supply by Kairoseki77: 5:23pm On Dec 22, 2013
slimthugchimee: Why is it i only hear fashola is to ......... Fashola is to........... And i have never heard fashola unveils the......... Mtchwwww

You must have never left your village.
Re: Lagos Govt Invests N575.5 Billion In Water Production, Supply by agbameta: 5:33pm On Dec 22, 2013
Kairoseki77:

You must have never left your village.

Or void of current affairs and social comprehension.
Re: Lagos Govt Invests N575.5 Billion In Water Production, Supply by Femolacaster(m): 5:36pm On Dec 22, 2013
slimthugchimee: Why is it i only hear fashola is to ......... Fashola is to........... And i have never heard fashola unveils the......... Mtchwwww
I don't blame you, you've just started having access to internet: Big thanks to Mtn for installing a mast in your village!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt Invests N575.5 Billion In Water Production, Supply by ShineIt: 5:40pm On Dec 22, 2013
@agbamental & Kairoseki77.

Bros, any news on how much Tinubu is making on this deal?

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Govt Invests N575.5 Billion In Water Production, Supply by Kairoseki77: 5:43pm On Dec 22, 2013
Shine It: @agbamental & Kairoseki77.

Bros, any news on how much Tinubu is making on this deal?

Nothing.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt Invests N575.5 Billion In Water Production, Supply by 1MCN: 5:51pm On Dec 22, 2013
Spending close to 600Billion naira on water production by Lagos gov't will only open a tunnel for corruption and embezzlement and mismanagement. This is more than the state budget for a year! What the Lagos state gov't should do is to develop a comprehensive work policy and masterplan for the state. This should include designs and structure of generation, reticulation, distribution and metering. In achieving this, the state should take a cue from the federal gov't power privitization. It should divide the state into sections, say Lekki, V.I., Gbagada/Yaba, etc. Then built water stations in these sections and then sale them off to private investors to manage and operate while holding at least 15% equity. The water policy should include restrictions on residents' indiscriminate sinking of boreholes and if one must do he must obtain full permission from relevant authorities and the water MUST meet the set highest quality standards before approval. And must be tested every year even after sinking to ensure compliance. If the water supply is regular and cheap residents will have no reason to go on private water source. The gov't should plan every single part of the state to include underground water pipes so that even before one buys a land to develope he has pipe running under the soil. So as soon as one wants to build all he'll need to is to call the water company to come and open his channel and meter him so he can use the water for his building. Also, metering should include both post paid and prepaid options.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt Invests N575.5 Billion In Water Production, Supply by c0llynz02: 5:55pm On Dec 22, 2013
It is called propaganda AKA media governance.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt Invests N575.5 Billion In Water Production, Supply by c0llynz02: 6:06pm On Dec 22, 2013
I am surprised that there is no picture of Fashola shaking hands with a white man to back up the story.
His chief photographer is already on this thread.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt Invests N575.5 Billion In Water Production, Supply by agbameta: 6:12pm On Dec 22, 2013
1MCN: Spending close to 600Billion naira on water production by Lagos gov't will only open a tunnel for corruption and embezzlement and mismanagement. This is more than the state budget for a year! What the Lagos state gov't should do is to develop a comprehensive work policy and masterplan for the state. This should include designs and structure of generation, reticulation, distribution and metering. In achieving this, the state should take a cue from the federal gov't power privitization. It should divide the state into sections, say Lekki, V.I., Gbagada/Yaba, etc. Then built water stations in these sections and then sale them off to private investors to manage and operate while holding at least 15% equity. The water policy should include restrictions on residents' indiscriminate sinking of boreholes and if one must do he must obtain full permission from relevant authorities and the water MUST meet the set highest quality standards before approval. And must be tested every year even after sinking to ensure compliance. If the water supply is regular and cheap residents will have no reason to go on private water source. The gov't should plan every single part of the state to include underground water pipes so that even before one buys a land to develope he has pipe running under the soil. So as soon as one wants to build all he'll need to is to call the water company to come and open his channel and meter him so he can use the water for his building. Also, metering should include both post paid and prepaid options.

They are doing nearly everything you listed and there is no corner of the state that doesn't have detailed master plan. Even this topic is based on a master plan.
Re: Lagos Govt Invests N575.5 Billion In Water Production, Supply by slimthugchimee(m): 6:34pm On Dec 22, 2013
agbameta:

They are doing nearly everything you listed and there is no corner of the state that doesn't have detailed master plan. Even this topic is based on a master plan.
u guys are talking trash why i like gej is what you hear is gej unveils the........... Gej to unveil the ........ Nxt month new ......... In .......... Gej establishes a new......... But fashOLE is fashole is to......... Fashole to sign contract on.......... Fashole will soon commence the signing of of........... Mtchwwwww gej for life
Re: Lagos Govt Invests N575.5 Billion In Water Production, Supply by bloggernaija: 6:41pm On Dec 22, 2013
The one and only fashola
Re: Lagos Govt Invests N575.5 Billion In Water Production, Supply by anonimi: 2:20pm On Aug 14, 2014
solapex:
State plans to produce 745 million gallons per day by 2020.
The Lagos State Water Corporation is to invest $3.5 billion (N575.5 billion) in water production and supply through Public Private Partnership in the state.
The corporation’s Group Managing Director, Shayo Holloway, made this known in an interview in Lagos on Sunday.
Mr. Holloway said the investment would boost water production and supply from 210 million gallons per day to 745 million per day by 2020.
He said that this was in line with the corporation’s master plan project targeted at providing potable water in all the nooks and crannies of the state.
“What we are doing now is to involve Public Private Partnership in the project to acquire the needed equipment because the state government cannot do it alone,” he said.
The group managing director also identified vandalism, illegal connections and residents’ refusal to pay for water service as some of the challenges facing the corporation.
“Our challenges are far greater than other states. Lagos State is the most populous state in the country with over 20 million inhabitants. We are currently expanding our network on piping,” he said.
Mr. Holloway said the corporation would soon inaugurate the Ota-Ikosi Mini-waterworks in Ikorodu with capacity of four million gallons of water per day.
He explained that the waterworks would serve more than 11 communities in Ikorodu and Epe axis.
“Besides, we are in the process of finalising the design with a foreign company to develop 50 million gallons of water per day in Badagry to serve Mile 2. Also, another construction of waterworks is ongoing at Odomola in Epe which will serve Epe, Ibeju-Lekki and other environs. The state currently needs about 540 million gallons of water per day, but we are constrained due to some challenges of epileptic power supply and lack of access to funds,” Mr. Holloway said.

http://premiumtimesng.com/regional/151883-lagos-govt-invests-n575-5-billion-water-production-supply.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=lagos-govt-invests-n575-5-billion-water-production-supply

Over 15 years of Thief'nubu and Fashola administration with almost N20 billion annual budget for Lagos State Water Corporation, most Lagosians "big men" are still drinking their own sh'it from boreholes in their compounds.
Then we have this almost N600 billion project on top
shocked
Chai, what manner of progreTHIEVES.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Govt Invests N575.5 Billion In Water Production, Supply by Nobody: 8:30pm On Aug 14, 2014
Lagos is a nonsense place. A place where every compound owns a well with brown water (as their only source of water). Upon all the ocean surrounding them, they still don't have clean source of water....
Re: Lagos Govt Invests N575.5 Billion In Water Production, Supply by tpia1: 8:37pm On Aug 14, 2014
^where you come from, do people drink sea water?

(1) (Reply)

Revenue Formula: Confab In Disarray, Adjourns Abruptly. / BREAKING NEWS: President Meets With The Parents Of Escaped Chibok Girls / Jonathan Lacks Political Will To Fight Terror – Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.