Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,344 members, 7,808,210 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:46 AM

President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter (90977 Views)

Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply / Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo / President Jonathan's Reply To Dr Tunji Braithwaite' Abusive comment &(Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by taharqa: 9:35pm On Dec 22, 2013
yibomustgo:

I read it and failed to defend himself other than to mention the allegations. Repeating the allegations again and again is not amount to solid defense.....
Then you lack d ability to Comprehend, even simple tins. OLODO, @Pataki...

17 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by otipoju(m): 9:36pm On Dec 22, 2013
ACT 1 ,SCENE 3.

Aremu writes, Iyabo put mouth, Ebele Responds.

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by greggng: 9:36pm On Dec 22, 2013
I hope nigerians re seeing what I am seeing? War is inevitable. Gej knows he cannot defeat the powerful men against him and he is ready to fight dirty. That he refers to obj, his God father as an enemy is a food for thought. I pray those he relied on now won't disappoint him. On the obj aligations I think abati did a nice job by demanding for evidence frm obj.we should be waiting for part 2 obj evidence
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by yibomustgo(m): 9:36pm On Dec 22, 2013
taharqa: Then you lack d ability to Comprehend, even simple tins. OLODO, @Pataki...

I can't believe your are showcasing the stupidity and cluelessness that is synonymous with your family.

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by elpatch(m): 9:39pm On Dec 22, 2013
Incompetence...yes,but not too sure about other ills.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Donmichaelz(m): 9:40pm On Dec 22, 2013
click like if u didnt read the letter...

3 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by naijaspeak(m): 9:41pm On Dec 22, 2013
I only pray that the National Conference took off sucessfully. Nigeria is on the brink of a break up, our unity is not just there again. We practise false federalism in which some states just get lazy and then wait for federal allocation.

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by scribble: 9:41pm On Dec 22, 2013
I AM SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING VOTING FOR JONATHAN IN 2015....THIS GUY IS THE MOST TOLERANT PRESIDENT NIGERIA HAS EVER PRODUCED. I'M STARTING TO PREFER THE DRUNKEN FISHERMAN STYLE OVER THE HORN/Y BABOON THEATRICS...

26 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Suljosh: 9:42pm On Dec 22, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: Na wa for dem o boy GEJ sabi yarn ooooooooo
you must be D.U.M.B like your Ð.U.M.B a.s.s president, for you to think he's the one that wrote that letter. F.o.o.l.i.s.h and gullible nigerians. Use.le.ss country, fool of criminals who only come to internet and bark like a toothless dog.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by olas24u(f): 9:42pm On Dec 22, 2013
abbakacici: please someone summary it for lazy people like me, because i just manage to read like 40% of it, but from what i read GEJ don't address most of the allegations, like the corruption charges, that is why Stellah and Sec lady still there, where his minister (wIKE) is fighting openly with a state, his amazing relationship with Peter obi (AGPA) And Mimiko (LP) because before you read that GEJ is having meeting with Shema, Yuguda, Dankumbu or even Suswan, we will see him with Peter obi like 5 times, and the words used in the PDP really during Anambra election, like the Igbos are his only back bones, Yaruba are murders, the only thing i can get is that GEJ is saying i think he is better in handling the security and economy situation of the country more then OBJ

Obj is a rogue and that he cannot throw stones.

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by KwoiZabo(m): 9:42pm On Dec 22, 2013
Make i no waste this space, i don book am since. OBJ doesn't deserve my attention because he is a disappointment to this nation. i want to comment on the one that concerns me even if it is off point.
I want to use this space to blast all those shameless men in APC that are fooling themselves around in the name of consulting. How can APC claim to have internal democracy when they promise defecting members automatic tickets and Governors control of party machinery in their states. And these defecting members will tell us they are leaving because of lack of internal democracy within the PDP. Anway i can't wait for primaries to commence so that this their strange unions will start sinking.

3 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by chloride6: 9:42pm On Dec 22, 2013
why do i see an attempt to side line the key issues highlighted in the original letter.

and what sort of excuse is that corruption started before his tenure. all he did there was tell history and move on .

we want arrests!!!!!!!

you keep screaming for evidence and yet you complain about communicating just allegations through a public channel.

wouldnt you scream your lungs out if hard evidence was provided.

just imagine the audacity!! denying intimidation of other governors.

the miracle happening in rivers is there for all to see.

and the demolition of meeting places of g7 governors nko.

as if it is not enough trying to score a cheap political point by referring to a 2007 incident which was purportedly averted by chance.

who cares?

people are still dying.

oga jona we are not impressed.

8 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Daliano(m): 9:43pm On Dec 22, 2013
Confused..Dont know who to believe again..
Ebele or Baba.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by chichriso: 9:43pm On Dec 22, 2013
All this things are arab nonsense between the two prominent men in this country. See how they are exposing themselves
Check here http://chrisderablog..com/2013/12/letter-president-goodluck-jonathan.html
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by oddy4real(m): 9:43pm On Dec 22, 2013
Suljosh: you must be D.U.M.B like your Ð.U.M.B a.s.s president, for you to think he's the one that wrote that letter. F.o.o.l.i.s.h and gullible nigerians. Use.le.ss country, fool of criminals who only come to internet and bark like a toothless dog.

I thought Seun had banned infantile adults who run amok from Nairaland

4 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:44pm On Dec 22, 2013
ilugunboy: Abati signature all written on the letter.

Nothing tangible...just the usual fumbling around with lot of verbose...but lacking in any shred of substance.

Just like FFKs signature was written all over OBJs letter.

23 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by zeennurei(m): 9:44pm On Dec 22, 2013
OmG when shall we get a competent president in this our dear country, so GEJ is saying that if he inherited a bad situation he's not ready to fix it inorder and this his response is not enough.Clueless Man.

God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by bankole200(m): 9:44pm On Dec 22, 2013
Abati's reply is no match to what OBJ said in his letter. Nigerian's are nt fools, why r u boasting about FDI increament? FDI in petroleum sector, how life has d fDi affected as claimed by you.2015 is just around the corner, just get ready for the doom dat await you through d ballots.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by yibomustgo(m): 9:45pm On Dec 22, 2013
chloride6: why do i see an attempt to side line the key issues highlighted in the original letter.

and what sort of excuse is that corruption started before his tenure. all he did there was tell history and move on .

we want arrests!!!!!!!

you keep screaming for evidence and yet you complain about communicating just allegations through a public channel.

wouldnt you scream your lungs out if hard evidence was provided.

just imagine the audacity!! denying intimidation of other governors.

the miracle happening in rivers is there for all to see.

and the demolition of meeting places of g7 governors nko.

as if it is not enough trying to score a cheap political point by referring to a 2007 incident which was purportedly averted by chance.

who cares?

people are still dying.

oga jona we are not impressed.

God bless you for this post. He failed to address the allegations. All he did was to just made mention of the allegations and that's it..... In the face of enormous evidence, he still did nothing to Oduah and Farouk.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by iahmed(m): 9:46pm On Dec 22, 2013
I really want to believe this,
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by luvinhubby(m): 9:47pm On Dec 22, 2013
olas24u: That corruption is an issue in Nigeria is indisputable. It has been with us for many years. You will recall that your kinsman, the renowned afro-beat maestro, Fela Anikulapo-Kuti famously sang about it during your first stint as Head of State. Sonny Okosun also sang about corruption. And as you may recall, a number of Army Generals were to be retired because of corruption before the Dimka coup. Also, the late General Murtala Mohammed himself wanted to retire some top people in his cabinet on corruption-related issues before he was assassinated. Even in this Fourth Republic, the Siemens and Halliburton scandals are well known.

Seems obj knows about the death of Murtala Mohammed ,pls can any body explain the statement in the text and get the meanings
That got me thinking also, what does OBJ know about Murtala`s death since he was a direct beneficiary of that and history has shown him to be a very corrupt general.

3 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:47pm On Dec 22, 2013
yibomustgo: Jonathan did not address Obsanjo's allegations. What he has done is to just repeat the allegations and denied doing them. He tried to give Obsanjo some body shots while doing it. I don't see this a good response to what Obasanjo asked in his letter.

Jonathan failed to address the corruption allegations i.e Stellah Oduah and co....

Jonathan failed to address his talk about only Ibos voted for him and Ibos being his backbone....

Jonathan failed to address the allegation of Al-Mustapha release....

Jonathan failed to address the insecurity questions in the country....

Jonathan failed to answer the question of supporting opposition parties with the promise that they support him for re-election...

Jonathan failed to address the problem he caused in Rivers State as sitting Governor, Amaechi is being humiliated by police and GEJ loyalists...

Jonathan has failed to address the allegation of weapons being shipped to Enugu and not the rest of the country.......

There are more questions to be answered.

Where in O Obasanjo's letter were Stella Oduah and Al-Mustapha mentioned and where in the letter did OBJ accuse him of saying that only Igbos voted him?

You must be high on something.

25 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Adex097: 9:48pm On Dec 22, 2013
scribble: Should read 'Abati's response to Obasanjo'

There is no way Goodluck thought up all those Fela and Sunny Okosun references by himself... that is Abati...anyway thats what Abati is paid to do. Thank God he didnt let Okupe near the Microsoft Word...woulda been all out war then!!!
Lmao...so so true...I didn't "hear" okupe's voice in dat letter at all

3 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by najoke: 9:48pm On Dec 22, 2013
atlwireles:

That was the intent. After Iyabo's letter, most Nigerians are more likely to view OBJ in a non positive light. GEJ did not have to call him a Liar, Killer or a Corrupt person. He left it up to you as the reader to make up your own mind.
^
u see the bolded?this is why GEJ response is lame....he should hit the nail on the head and go straight to the point, why is he asking who killed Murtala Mohammed if he knows the answer?
See now, people are now interpreting some of his "POINTS" in this letter differently....In the words of the UGLY of the "the good,the bad and ugly" film
.................GEJ,"if u want to shoot,shoot ................don't talk"

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Nobody: 9:48pm On Dec 22, 2013
Impressed by GEJ's response tho, he showed tact and dignity and responded adequately to all the allegations OBJ raised while taking subtle potshots at OBJ.....this letter makes me respect him more, although I know abati most likely penned down the letter.....GEJ's opponents help to create more sympathy for him with their sorry antics

10 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Nobody: 9:49pm On Dec 22, 2013
T-smooth:
I swear no be Goodluck write this letter, he is too daft to compose this type of letter.
then your father is also daft to have given birth to you

6 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by oddy4real(m): 9:49pm On Dec 22, 2013
If anyone here claims he is educated, and he still asserts that GEJ did not address issues in his letter, such a person is either outrightly ignorant, deliberately mischievous or is just a perfect model for our flawed educational system

25 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Nobody: 9:49pm On Dec 22, 2013
I still don't know why Obasanjo has refused to take the back seat. IBB and Abdusalam are hardly heard in public, despite the fact that they paved the way for Obasanjo to be President. Are these two generals fools for keeping quiet and letting Nigerians get on with it?

I'm not really a fan of GEJ, I must admit but unsettling a sitting president with some baseless letter is immature and childish. Obasanjo wrote the letter to Jonathan not because he loves Nigeria ( how can he love Nigeria when he can't show love to his family) but because he is attention seeking and mischievous.

GEJ should pls concentrate on the job at hand. Obasanjo failed most Nigerians and that should be GEJ's motivation; never to fail like OBJ.

13 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by AskProf: 9:49pm On Dec 22, 2013
yibomustgo: The response was flat with no substance. He failed with this response. he did not address the allegations made by Obasanjo. He mentioned the allegations but failed to defend himself with facts.

Meanwhile, "FEC approves N40.2bn for National Assembly complex renovation, construction of third phase"... "approved N3.6 billion for the purchase of an office building for the Petroleum Equalisation Fund Management Board."...

http://sundiatapost.com/index.php/main-news/latest-news/11-latest-news/fec-approves-n40-2bn-for-national-assembly-complex-renovation-construction-of-third-phase

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply)

Massive EndSARS Damage And Destruction In Lagos. Pictures. / The Moment Wike Pushed Man Out Of His Way & Left PDP Convention Venue / Viewers Doze Off On Lekki Shooting CCTV Footage (Pic & Vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.