Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,802,004 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:42 AM

Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo (15399 Views)

Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply / President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter / President Jonathan's Reply To Dr Tunji Braithwaite' Abusive comment &(Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by true2god: 4:44pm On Dec 23, 2013
ilugunboy: Ibos are cowards...they only take to anonymous forum to rant, insult and condemn OBJ....no notable Ibo is bold enough to condemn OBJ openly. We have seen Afenifere talked...Odumakin talked...Ameh Ebute spoke...even Soyinka just spoke... Even Sheik Gunmi spoke

Ibos? for wia?? As usual sitting on the fence and waiting where the line will fall before openly taking a position.

Even your best enfante terrible and attack dog...Orji Uzor Kalu is cold.
I think you need to visit the psychiatric hospital and get examined with the way you reason. Whats the Igbo business in this discussion?

I wonder how you cope with you private life.

4 Likes

Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by OLASODE2K: 4:45pm On Dec 23, 2013
none
he didnt convince even himself with his fight against corruption, clannishness and cluelessless. i enjoin every right thinking nigerian to give him the boot come 2015
Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by ocelot2006(m): 4:47pm On Dec 23, 2013
seangy4konji: badluck is a mumu and will forever be from now to eternity...Monkey

Yet he's the president and C-in-c. I wonder what that makes you. A stupid baboon perhaps.
Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by Nogen: 5:48pm On Dec 23, 2013
gregtochi:

In all sincerity and with every sense of humility and respect, I do wish you detach your self from hate sometimes and view issues objectively.

I do understand your political affiliation as evidenced in you posts on this forum, but we have to understand that being in the opposition, or holding contrary views does not make you hate the other person.

Granted, you hold a lot of grudge against the president, but dude, you don't expect him to play the same game OBJ played. If you don't acknowledge the maturity in GEJ's response, then you really do need self introspection.

Please again, no offence meant.
These days I skip reading his comments and those of his cohorts because the comments are so filled with hate and insults. I don't bother reading them anymore. I simply jump and pass them.
Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by damola57: 7:53pm On Dec 23, 2013
well, Jona has talked. There are some things that he deliberately silent about. Issues like oduagate and bunkering. Guys all them na thieves.
Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by sashx(m): 8:21pm On Dec 23, 2013
1/10. The 1 mark 4 having d courage to reply though after taking like eternity 2 do so and also for confirming 2 us that all d issues raised are true by failing 2 defend himself save 4 d sharing of blame. Na wa 4 Jona woo, common letter is taking you 3 weeks reply and after ol d time u had, u couldn't defend yourself. What saddens me is not even d failure of d leaders but d useless and jobless E-rats defending them blindly. May the Almighty deliver us from the clutches of this ruthless and corrupt leaders.
Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by DonLala1(m): 8:31pm On Dec 23, 2013
I wud rate d reply 2/10. Twas a great academic exercise but d content in itself was lacking substance. As a sitting president I expect him to be more assertive and not dance around issues. Maybe he should have solicited d help of Mama Peace instead of Abati.
Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by Tinyemeka(m): 8:33pm On Dec 23, 2013
sincerenigerian: 2/10. Flat! Lame! Incoherent! Filled with innuendo..........

Lacking in substance.

Otuoke fvctard doesn't want to be blamed for not being able to fix problems because those problems he met existed before he came into office. He doesn't think the problems past leaders couldn't fix should be blamed on his administration. He doesn't think he should be blamed for not being able to fix problems because past leaders failed to fix the same problems facing the nation. The fvctard thinks he should pass the problems to someone else.
Wonder how you would feel if someone you knew, repeatedly refers to your mother as a fvcktard? undecided
Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by lawflec(m): 9:14pm On Dec 23, 2013
I rate him 9/10.He was patriotic, humble as usual and above all factual unlike the baleful foreboding and sinisteric retired but not tired ex corrupt bandit obj.he was onpoint and factual very timely and rich in content. inyabo is a good and proud daughter ours she should be recommended for ministerial job.bravo gej

2 Likes

Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by Rad1cal: 9:40pm On Dec 23, 2013
Obobs, na 10/10 shikena. JONA murder the old bastard silently cheesy

1 Like

Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by ba7man(m): 9:44pm On Dec 23, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
I consider your post on this thread very unfortunate. How do we reconcile your post with the statement below, which you made prior to GEJ's rebuttal?

https://www.nairaland.com/ba7man/posts/1
What is clear is that you and other APC e-warriors are perpetually looking for faults to use against GEJ and sustain the barrage of attacks on him. This is why many people believe that the hatred you and other APC e-warriors have for GEJ is born out of tribal bigotry and nothing more.
I mean G.E.J should adress the Nation!!!.......(U and I), not O.B.J.

What's going on is just a bunch of crooked people accusing each other on crimes they're all guilty of in letters.

G.E.J should be adressing the Nigerian Citizens on the contents of the letter to set it straight .......not replying O.B.J for us to rate his reply.

I still stand on my words.
Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by dioman: 9:48pm On Dec 23, 2013
8/10. I subscribe to GEJ. He is clean.

1 Like

Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by TechWalker007: 11:34pm On Dec 23, 2013
ITbomb: So Presidential, he addressed the point without insult
But Nigerians APC touts wanted open war.
8/10

Fixed! grin

My rating, 9/10.

1 Like

Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by Bulldog(m): 4:59am On Dec 24, 2013
ba7man: I mean G.E.J should adress the Nation!!!.......(U and I), not O.B.J.

What's going on is just a bunch of crooked people accusing each other on crimes they're all guilty of in letters.

G.E.J should be adressing the Nigerian Citizens on the contents of the letter to set it straight .......not replying O.B.J for us to rate his reply.

I still stand on my words.
if your neighbour slaps your face and you went to his village and started slapping his kins men, what does that make you? You dont even have a word to stand on cos you are no different from those confused PDP chieftains without honor that think jumping from one party to the next solves any problem
Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by Billygee2u: 5:27am On Dec 24, 2013
sincerenigerian: 2/10. Flat! Lame! Incoherent! Filled with innuendo..........

Lacking in substance.

Otuoke fvctard doesn't want to be blamed for not being able to fix problems because those problems he met existed before he came into office. He doesn't think the problems past leaders couldn't fix should be blamed on his administration. He doesn't think he should be blamed for not being able to fix problems because past leaders failed to fix the same problems facing the nation. The fvctard thinks he should pass the problems to someone else.

You are dead wrong on your judgment.
Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by Billygee2u: 5:34am On Dec 24, 2013
manny4life: 8/10 or B+

His response was brilliant, though I wanted him to address more but the few pointers he talked about, that's enough to send OBJ on exile for good. This is a case of put up or shut up, publicize your evidence or forever hold your peace. OBJ asked for the fire burning him, and I'm glad that GEJ rightly put him where he deserves.

Read news today ,OBJ has said that he will not reply JEG or write anything about him again.

Read the news

Following yesterday’s publication of President Goodluck Jonathan’s response to his letter, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo said today he will be making no further comment on the matter.

A statement signed by his media aide, Tunde Oladunjoye, acknowledged receiving President Jonathan’s response, followed by several requests from local and international media for his reaction.

“Baba, as he already indicated in his December 2, 2013, does not wish to make further comments beyond the contents of his last letter to Mr. President or react to the said letter/response from Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan,” the statement said.

It quoted from page 14 of Obasanjo’s original letter to buttress that position. The former president wrote, “I will maintain my serenity, because by this letter I have done my duty to you as I have always done, to your government, to the party, PDP, and to our country, Nigeria.”

In his response to Obasanjo, President Jonathan said he had directed the security agencies and requested the National Human Rights Commission to carry out a thorough investigation of the criminal allegations made by the former president, and to make their findings public.

It is unclear if Obasanjo intends to cooperate with that investigation and whether he has yet been contacted to testify, or what Mr. Jonathan intends to do should he refuse.

In Jonathan’s 14-page response to Obasanjo’s 18 pages, he said he only had time to respond to the most serious of the charges which question his sincerity, personal honour, and commitment to his oath of office. Obasanjo, he said, did him grave injustice by accusing him of “deceit, deception, dishonesty, incompetence, clannishness, divisiveness and insincerity,” among others.

Mr. Jonathan described Obasanjo’s allegation that he may be training snipers to assassinate political opponents as “particularly incomprehensible.” Denying that he has ever been associated with any form of political violence since his days as a Deputy Governor about eight years ago, he challenged Obasanjo to name the 1000 people he claimed to be on a political watch list.

In a press statement issued on December 16 by his spokesman, Reuben Abati, the president called Obasanjo greedy and indecent for making that allegation, asserting that he needs no snipers as his legitimacy comes from the people.

“Those who are alleging the existence of snipers should step forward and provide the evidence or shut up forever and go down in history as spineless cowards, driven by sheer greed and indecency.”
Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by ba7man(m): 6:35am On Dec 24, 2013
Bulldog: if your neighbour slaps your face and you went to his village and started slapping his kins men, what does that make you? You dont even have a word to stand on cos you are no different from those confused PDP chieftains without honor that think jumping from one party to the next solves any problem
If your grandfather accuses your father of spending the money meant for your school fees on girls and alcohol in your presence, will you wait to see how your dad would reply him............or wait for your dad to explain the truth to you??

You don't even have a full understanding of how leaders should react.

Mirroring OBJ's actions of replying the letter in return is a petty reaction. He's supposed to organize a press confrence highlighting each accusation and disproving it to the citizens while ignoring O.B.J...........not exchange letters with O.B.J like 2 market women that have just discovered the art of letter writing.

BTW, I'm not a fan of either and i'm not about to start cheering for one because he's my kinsman.
Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by Bulldog(m): 7:19am On Dec 24, 2013
ba7man: If your grandfather accuses your father of spending the money meant for your school fees on girls and alcohol in your presence, will you wait to see how your dad would reply him............or wait for your dad to explain the truth to you??

You don't even have a full understanding of how leaders should react.

Mirroring OBJ's actions of replying the letter in return is a petty reaction. He's supposed to organize a press confrence highlighting each accusation and disproving it to the citizens while ignoring O.B.J...........not exchange letters with O.B.J like 2 market women that have just discovered the art of letter writing.

BTW, I'm not a fan of either and i'm not about to start cheering for one because he's my kinsman.
I must say what you lack is not just in 'standing by your words', but also in making coherent comparisons. Why? My grandfather can't question my father's use of the fund he didn't raise. And secondly, the money for my education as in your analogy is still not my money even though it's meant for me smiley . I hope you are seeing how sublime your incoherency could get.

Neither obj nor GEJ made any revenue for nigerians. To rephrase your analogy and put it as it should be in context:
if you saved money for your education and someone stole it, then your grand father said your father stole it and used it on prostitutes, orgies, gambling etc to your hearing. The right thing your father should do is to deny the accusation and demand the proof of his allegations right there before you just like your grand father did. It will be then left for you to ask your grand father to provide the proof to support his claims

so my friend, knowing how a leader should respond is no rocket science but plain logic. And to be a leader you dont need to be a politician. All you need is to be WISE, HONOURABLE, and TO ALWAYS STAND BY YOUR WORDS AND NOT BE A CHAMELEON
Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by Ngokafor(f): 8:21am On Dec 24, 2013
In his reply.the President gave OBJ some subtle and matured punchlines and at the same time a slight tint of ambiguity on some sensitive issues for posterity sake.
All in all,the reply seemed like an adult (GEJ) reprimanding a tantrum-throwing toddler(OBJ)..a big shame to OBJ,little wonder he has decided to refrain from replying the president.

...my rating is 8.5/10.
Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by ba7man(m): 8:36am On Dec 24, 2013
Bulldog:
I must say what you lack is not just in 'standing by your words', but also in making coherent comparisons. Why? My grandfather can't question my father's use of the fund he didn't raise. And secondly, the money for my education as in your analogy is still not my money even though it's meant for me smiley . I hope you are seeing how sublime your incoherency could get.

Neither obj nor GEJ made any revenue for nigerians. To rephrase your analogy and put it as it should be in context:
if you saved money for your education and someone stole it, then your grand father said your father stole it and used it on prostitutes, orgies, gambling etc to your hearing. The right thing your father should do is to deny the accusation and demand the proof of his allegations right there before you just like your grand father did. It will be then left for you to ask your grand father to provide the proof to support his claims

so my friend, knowing how a leader should respond is no rocket science but plain logic. And to be a leader you dont need to be a politician. All you need is to be WISE, HONOURABLE, and TO ALWAYS STAND BY YOUR WORDS AND NOT BE A CHAMELEON
So you think this whole letter writing thing is supposed to be a face-off between OBJ and GEJ while you cheer on on the sidelines??

You don't even know you're part of the main people that deserves the explanation......not OBJ.

You don't even know what the moral obligations of a father is to not understand that he owes his children and not the grandfather the explanation since they were present.

How is it supposed to pan out?? They start exchanging accusations in the presence of the children??

You think "Responsibility" is an Ego trip??
Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by juman(m): 9:00am On Dec 24, 2013
Knockout jab
Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by gregg2: 9:03am On Dec 24, 2013
95%. The reply was superb.
Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by Bulldog(m): 9:09am On Dec 24, 2013
ba7man: So you think this whole letter writing thing is supposed to be a face-off between OBJ and GEJ while you cheer on on the sidelines??
unlike you, i ain't a syncophant that changes opinion with the changes in tide. I take time to come to conclusions so as to avoid the shame that accompany retraction of a word already said. And if you read Gej's letter in it's entirety, he showed a remarkable decorum of explaining to nigerians what's really on ground although his utmost goal should have based primarily on exonerating himself of the allegations levelled against him.

ba7man: You don't even know you're part of the main people that deserves the explanation......not OBJ.
Explanation without proof is no different from gossip in market place by market women. GEJ has statistical indices to back his claim while obj has....? As a jury in the case i'll say the presidents letter has more credence as an explanation than that of obj.

ba7man: You don't even know what the moral obligations of a father is to not understand that he owes his children and not the grandfather the explanation since they were present.
I'm not a father at the moment but from observation, i dont think a father has to present a financial report of his spending to his children after every month unless the children are the ones that generates the income. So latching to your i'll conceived analogy is still caving.
But assuming we are using the model i painted, if a grandfather and his peers keep frustrating a father's efforts to be responsible to his kids, Will you tackle the father for being irresponsible or will you tackle the grandfather for irresponsibility?
ba7man: You think "Responsibility" is an Ego trip??
you are the one doing the thinking cos i know it's a duty.
Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by ba7man(m): 9:36am On Dec 24, 2013
So with G.E.J's reply, what do you think would have happened if OBJ decided to reply him again??

It will only lead to public exchange of accusation letters. Its not only about what you do but how you do it.

If i was in G.E.j's shoes, I would grant an audience to OBJ in private for him to air-out any discord or misconceptions he has and also make sure they arrive at a logical conclusion to close his chapter.

GEJ is then supposed to organize a press release to refute (or confirm) those allegations to the public.

With the way GEJ has handled it, I don't think this is the last we've heard of OBJ, he's only gone ahead to wait for GEJ.
Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by DrOBD(m): 9:59am On Dec 24, 2013
egift: Having gone through both letters, how do rate or describe the Reply to OBJ's letter in terms of timing, details, tone, depth, etc?

Did the reply do justice to the letter?

@OP this is a great thread. I have gone through all comments and I can confirm that majority of those who rated the letter gave GEJ at least 7/10 which is an A. With all the attacks against the president, I am surprised he still have sympathisers, people still respect him.
What makes this thread unique is that it created an opportunity for neutral people to comment unlike other threads that is usually hijacked by PDP and ACP e-supporters.

@OP, I think you should give us a sincere and unbiased summary of the ratings....btw, I'm interested in your own rating.

Long live Nigeria.
Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by meta4(m): 10:06am On Dec 24, 2013
adadadon: 3/10 why won't you guys award high marks after Jonathan(abati) was forced to write. By the way the reply came 21 days after obasanjo had written Mr president so he had enough time to reply

enough time to reply? do you think it is ping you reply immediately.
But OBJ had enough time to construct his letter.
Abeggiiiii!!!
Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by Bulldog(m): 10:09am On Dec 24, 2013
ba7man: So with G.E.J's reply, what do you think would have happened if OBJ decided to reply him again??
if he replied without any proof for his accusations, then he'll be proving the part of his daughter's letter that mentioned something about an imbe.cile correct.

ba7man: It will only lead to public exchange of accusation letters. Its not only about what you do but how you do it.
your opinion. In Mine, that wont be a bad thing but i dont think the president is lazy enough to be trading letters with obj. He stated explicitly why he replied this, giving about 10 good reasons for that. one being national security.

ba7man: If i was in G.E.j's shoes, I would grant an audience to OBJ in private for him to air-out any discord or misconceptions he has and also make sure they arrive at a logical conclusion to close his chapter.
thank God you weren't smiley . But allow me to elaborate on the consequence of your prospective reaction: the public will think you are guilty because to them you are trying to broker a backdoor deal to shut obj up.
First rule in communication is to maintain a uniform medium/channel. If someone contacts you through a phone, reply through a phone; if someone speaks to you, dont use sign language to reply...

ba7man: GEJ is then supposed to organize a press release to refute (or confirm) those allegations to the public.
what other press release do you need when the letter was released to the press If someone talks to you, talk back to the person and not the person sitting beside him.

ba7man: With the way GEJ has handled it, I don't think this is the last we've heard of OBJ, he's only gone ahead to wait for GEJ.
i have to agree with you on that, whenever obj makes such accusations and it's ignored, a bad thing follows. So this approach is the best cos after obj's letter APC suddenly committed treason publicly by calling on the senate to impeach jonathan.... What do you think will follow next? Jonathan even mentioned assasination attempts on him in the letters so that when something phoney happened, the public will have a clue. So his approach, perfect to my perception.
Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by Validated: 11:03am On Dec 24, 2013
Ngene-Ukwenu:
2/10 for being man enough to put up a reply even though he failed to address any of the alleged criminal acts.

On the last note:

If care is not taken, Jonathan would wake up one day to find out that only Igbo and Ijaw with a handful of 'alatenuje' SS would remain as members of PDP

Yes! And with them, he would still defeat his opponents as in the past! Truth is no real bigwig has left PDP. All those leaving have little or no followerships and control NOTHING in their states. The only bigwig that one can see is Bukola Saraki. Even at that, the grip the Sarakis have on Kwara may slip this time around as the old Saraki is gone. At least the Offa example is still fresh.

1 Like

Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by jamace(m): 5:13pm On Dec 24, 2013
Now that OBJ and GEJ have matched themselves letter for letter, the next thing is action. OBJ should provide names of politicians on watchlist. OBJ should also state the location of the sniper training.
Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 24, 2013
I rate the letter 9/10

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor El-Rufai Observes Elections In Ghana (photos) / Police Insist On Investigating Abudu-Balogun Despite Victim Withdrawing Case / Fact Check: Did NNPC Make Profit For The First Time In 44-Years?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.