Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,419 members, 7,808,504 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

God So Loved The World Ii - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God So Loved The World Ii (502 Views)

And God So Loved The World, That He... / For God So Loved The World??? Casting Down False Imaginations / Michael Faraday Believed In GOD, So Why Do Atheists Use Electricity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

God So Loved The World Ii by PstWoleSoetan(m): 3:46pm On Dec 23, 2013
WINNING EACH DAY DEVOTIONAL

2 Cor 2:14 And thanks be to God who ALWAYS causes us to triumph...

Dec 23, 2013

GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD II

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Jesus died to give us an exemption status; exemption from sickness, sorrow, disappointment and the uncertainties unbelievers are plagued with. He died, dealing with the issue of sin so that everyone would be given a chance at a clean slate.

You might think that you are too deep in sin to have a clean slate but let me assure you that there are people who were more entrenched in sin than you are but with just a touch from Jesus, their lives were turned around. Make a bold stand for Jesus today because when you make a bold stand for Jesus here on earth, He will make a bold stand for you in heaven.

We are confronted with different pictures of God in the bible. We see a picture of Him seated in heaven, another of Him standing as he did when he was welcoming Stephen after his death. The picture which I find most intriguing is the picture of the running God in Luke 15.

The most amazing fact about this running God is that He is always running to sinners with arms wide open to receive them. The prodigal son joined himself to the systematized operation of the world, leaving the kingdom of God. He returned home feeling defeated and downcast but was welcomed by his father who had been looking out for him all the while he was gone. His father didn't rub his failure in his face but began with him on a clean slate. God won't rub your past failures and mistakes in your face and He would never use them against you.

CONFESSION: My life has become a living testimony, it is well with me. the anointing of God is flowing in my life. My life is reflecting the fullness of God's glory.

FURTHER STUDY: Matt 5:34, Luke 15

(1) (Reply)

Study Music To Know About Heaven And Hell / Mass Reading For 29th Dec 2013 / The Secret Behind The Existence Of 'good' And 'evil'.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.