Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

The Nuisance Tagged Ondo State Task Force - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Nuisance Tagged Ondo State Task Force (467 Views)

Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" / Riot In Aba Over Government Task Force (Photos) / Buhari: Certificate Nuisance! - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Nuisance Tagged Ondo State Task Force by Pacesetter2: 10:24pm On Dec 23, 2013
The nuisance tagged Ondo State Task Force.
On the 23rd of December 2013, i was opportuned to shift my hustling point to Akure central market but was suprised at what i saw at the force's boot between Olukayode plaza and Total Petrol Station. A thief suspect was being beaten nearly to a point of collapse. I wished I could snap them but my battery was dead. In 1999 constitution, it is only the court that has been given power to prove an innocent guilty but with what i saw on that day, I was astonished on why they have taken laws into their hand by beating someone to such an extent. This was the example of what happened in October last year when a town,Aluu in Rivers State beat suspected men and burnt them to death.
This issue of jungle justice is getting out of hand most especially the uniformed men whose primary duty is to safeguard and execute laws and not judgement but due to their impunity because they are force men has taken it another level. I will hereby call on the Government of Ondo State & the Director of the Ondo State Task Force to address this issue properly and punish the officers invovled so as to prevent future recurrence. Anybody caught in any offences should be charged to court so that the accused can have his lawyer and defend his case in a peaceful and calm atmosphere and not under the duress as being done in the force's boot.

By:
Odunayo Oluwadamilare.
Re: The Nuisance Tagged Ondo State Task Force by Mynd44: 10:50pm On Dec 23, 2013
While I like this report and I believe we need more of it, we would also need names since we could not get pics. Names of the officials or their numbers so no one can claim your account is false

(1) (Reply)

Can Goodluck Fail If He Contest / Still On Obasanjo's Letter / BREAKINGNEWS: Rivers Assembly Majority Leader, Chidi Lloyd, Arrested For Murder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.