Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,948 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap (7000 Views)

EFCC Arrests Ikedi Ohakim, Ex-Imo Governor / Meet The 4 New Female Deputy Governors-Elect In Nigeria / Imo Deputy Governor Resigns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by bilymuse: 6:37pm On Aug 02, 2008
Chris Agbambu,
Abuja - 02.08.2008

INSPECTOR General of Police, Mike Okiro has decried the rising wave of arrangee kidnap in the country, especially among youths who wanted to extort money from their parents.

Speaking when he paraded the daughter of a former deputy governor of Imo State and her gang who planned her kidnap in order to extort money from her father, the IGP noted that such acts had continued to give the police unnecessary stress in a bid to wipe out crime from the country.

Kenekachi Udeagu, the daughter of Ebere Udeagu, the IGP said connived with Emeka Junior Emeka and Ogechi Ekechukwu alongside others at large to extort N5 million from her father, under the pretext that she was kidnapped.

source: http://www.tribune.com.ng/02082008/news/news4.html

The reason behind the plan, one of the suspects said, was the desire of the lady to acquire enough fund with which she hoped to have a nice time back in school when the school resumed. Emeka and the lady are both students of Imo State University, while Ogechi is a student of Federal University of Technology, Owerri.

According to Emeka who relayed the incident to media men at the conference room of the IGP, the bubble burst on the issue when they had a disagreement over how the money was to be shared.

He disclosed that his friends who assisted him in collecting the money from the parents of the lady became greedy and took away N4.6 million from the ransom paid, leaving him, his friend and the lady who were the masterminds of the deal with N400,000.

He disclosed that he could not obtain the money from the parents of the lady by himself as he was a known face in the home of the lady.

Kenekachi, he said, got angry over the conduct of the young men who collected the money from her parents, and decided to speak on the issue.

The suspects, the IGP said, were rounded up after the lady’s confession, while the other ones who collected the money were yet to be found.

The IGP also paraded one Blessing Nnamdi, a student of Abia State Polythecnic who allegedly threatened a staff of Bank PHB, Owerri Branch into paying him a ransom of N100,000.

The suspect confessed to threatening the victim with death because he needed the money to complete his final year project.
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by bilymuse: 6:39pm On Aug 02, 2008
Nna, Ibo people with money!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by Fhemmmy: 6:47pm On Aug 02, 2008
That is what happened when dad is too tigh fisted.
She shd be charged and be made to pay for wasting the time of the police officers.
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by Kobojunkie: 6:58pm On Aug 02, 2008
yikes!!!!
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by vigasimple(m): 7:00pm On Aug 02, 2008
Fhemmmy:

That is what happened when dad is too tigh fisted.
She should be charged and be made to pay for wasting the time of the police officers.

Your statement is contradictory.

on one hand dad is too tigh fisted - to hand over N5 million to do the daughter to have a good time as an undergraduate- what who she do when she graduated and start working. Off course she knew how the father/mother may have gotten the money yafu yafu in the first place. At least the parent will have given something decent in the first place. she has taken the dna of her mother/father because that is what politicians do to their state and country.

On the other hand she should be severly punished more than her accomplice in the crime, but i wouldn't hold my bet on this as her parent will not like to see their daughter go to Prison. In few weeks that will be the end of the matter. case will be dropped and police themselves are settled.

NIGERIA AND ALL THE SUPER CORRUPT
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by doyin13(m): 7:00pm On Aug 02, 2008
Hehehehehe. . . .They must have read James Hadley Chase's 'Just Another Sucker'
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by Fhemmmy: 7:13pm On Aug 02, 2008
vigasimple:

Your statement is contradictory.

on one hand dad is too tigh fisted - to hand over N5 million to do the daughter to have a good time as an undergraduate- what who she do when she graduated and start working. Off course she knew how the father/mother may have gotten the money yafu yafu in the first place. At least the parent will have given something decent in the first place. she has taken the dna of her mother/father because that is what politicians do to their state and country.

On the other hand she should be severly punished more than her accomplice in the crime, but i wouldn't hold my bet on this as her parent will not like to see their daughter go to Prison. In few weeks that will be the end of the matter. case will be dropped and police themselves are settled.

NIGERIA AND ALL THE SUPER CORRUPT

There are few things that are wrong in the picture.
1. u cld tell that the father isnt that much in her life.
2. if the dad was a reasonable person, i am sure the lady wuld have approach the father for some money.
However, you need to know that the 5M will not be for her only, the kidnapper will get bulk of it.
that lady shd be jailed, she will soon be recruited by nijan delta
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by Ibime(m): 7:46pm On Aug 02, 2008
It is all MEND's fault . . . . wink
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by Fhemmmy: 7:57pm On Aug 02, 2008
who is MEND?
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by Ibime(m): 9:44pm On Aug 02, 2008
^^^ I go MEND you o!
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by Fhemmmy: 9:59pm On Aug 02, 2008
what is the meaning of MEND, pls educate me
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by Ndipe(m): 10:59pm On Aug 02, 2008
Prior to reading this shameful article, my aunt who is visiting from Nigeria told me that even some kids nowadays arrange to be kidnapped to extort money from their parents.
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by idupaul: 10:59pm On Aug 02, 2008
Now the stupid girl don give police mouth, from now on they will say every kidnap is a family affair.
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by idupaul: 11:12pm On Aug 02, 2008
that lady should be jailed, she will soon be recruited by nijan delta

As a kidnap consultant grin
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by Sisikill: 12:02am On Aug 03, 2008
LMAO!

This was an episode of Law & Order or was CSI or was it Without A Trace?

Whatever. . . alls I know is it was on TV.

Hehehehe. . . and they say watching TV is a time wasting activity. cheesy
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by kadman(m): 12:11am On Aug 03, 2008
Ha Ha, Yeah it was CSI !
You gotta love that girl,too bad she was ripped off too angry
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by Okijajuju1(m): 12:22am On Aug 03, 2008
the dumb bitch just messed a good scam up.

But the interesting thing is that the parents are willing to hand over 5 million to the kidnappers but if the girl asks for say a milli she would be prolly grounded.
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by Hannibal: 12:55am On Aug 03, 2008
doyin13:

Hehehehehe. . . .They must have read James Hadley Chase's 'Just Another Sucker'

U are nuthing but a wrinkled Arrow. grin

Just Anutha Sucka me ass. . . . . The woman got greedy on that one.
This is a different schitzo.
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by Sisikill: 1:15am On Aug 03, 2008
kadman:

Ha Ha, Yeah it was CSI !
You gotta love that girl,too bad she was ripped off too angry

Didn't The girl from CIS die. . . locked herself in the trunk or something? This one should be kissing the feet of her[i] rippers.[/i]

Okija_juju:

the dumb bitch just messed a good scam up.

But the interesting thing is that the parents are willing to hand over 5 million to the kidnappers but if the girl asks for say a milli she would be prolly grounded.

Oh my! How right you are. . . it IS quiet interesting that they were so quick to dole out 5million to strangers in order to SPARE their DAUGHTER'S LIFE but won't give their daughter 1mil to have a GOOD TIME AT CLUBS. . . say, how many drinks and suya can 1 million buy these days? Ah, it doesn't matter, the point is, the parents obviously need someone to help them straighten their priorities. Honestly!!
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by darne(m): 3:14am On Aug 03, 2008
I think her brain is very little in the scam world ,  thats why they had no choice than  to downgrade her  grin grin, uh poor her  sad embarassed,
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by UNLEASHED(m): 5:28am On Aug 03, 2008
Person wey carry 4.6m go na im be master and others are maga
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by darne(m): 5:43am On Aug 03, 2008
@unleash:::::
      You got it right man,  grin grin cheesy
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by femzy(m): 7:05am On Aug 03, 2008
If na me sef na #500 i go drop for the two of them make dem take am buy credit grin grin
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by StephenP(m): 8:22am On Aug 03, 2008
Damn. LOL!!! Where are 'em women who say that they cannot date Nigerian men because they are too fraudulent? They better come read this. A woman almost ripped her own father off.
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by obailala(m): 11:28am On Aug 03, 2008
Annoying fact from this story is that the girl (guvnors daughter) may not spend up to a night in custody,,,

i pity her accomplices,,,they would rot
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by coolboy100(m): 12:34pm On Aug 03, 2008
obailala:

Annoying fact from this story is that the girl (guvnors daughter) may not spend up to a night in custody,,,

i pity her accomplices,,,they would rot

your right my dear, that's nigeria for you
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by Kajiang02(m): 1:56pm On Aug 03, 2008
femzy:

If na me sef na #500 i go drop for the two of them make them take am buy credit grin grin

u sef, hw u dey reason, na dem do much of d plans and work oooo.,.,.

coolboy100:

your right my dear, that's nigeria for you

u wld always get mor of dat in our blesed cursed naija
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by davidif: 2:19pm On Aug 03, 2008
It is all MEND's fault

chai, you are right, see how MEND has turned Nigeria into South America!! na too much american movies dey cause am. cry embarassed

But the girl really does deserve a lot of flogging when she gets home and NO TV or going out for the next 3 years. grin grin
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by kadman(m): 2:26pm On Aug 03, 2008
Sisikill:

Didn't The girl from CIS die. . . locked herself in the trunk or something? This one should be kissing the feet of her[i] rippers.[/i]

Yeah she did die. I just remembered, wow, I thought i knew TV, I've met my champion

Oh my! How right you are. . . it IS quiet interesting that they were so quick to dole out 5million to strangers in order to SPARE their DAUGHTER'S LIFE but won't give their daughter 1mil to have a GOOD TIME AT CLUBS. . . say, how many drinks and suya can 1 million buy these days? Ah, it doesn't matter, the point is, the parents obviously need someone to help them straighten their priorities. Honestly!!

Are you being sacarstic ??
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by lucabrasi(m): 3:04pm On Aug 03, 2008
what she hasdone is wrong but thats the result of not giving children the best you can afford,they can afford to pay 5 million naira to free her from kidnappers but they couldnt put her in a good university where she wont meet kidnappers/cult boys
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by quickygal(f): 3:46pm On Aug 03, 2008
too bad
Re: Ex Imo Deputy Governors’s Daughter Arranged Own Kidnap by obuchineme: 3:46pm On Aug 03, 2008
Chei,
omo nna!

money naira power
igbo dey call am ego
hausa dey call am kudi
yoruba dey call am owo
oyinbo dey call am money oooo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Working On APC Producing Second Igbo President Of Nigeria / Throwback: Dubai Slay Queen Thanks Nigerian Politicians For Corruption Money / Abia 2023: Uche Ikonne Is Ill, Recovering Progressively — Ikpeazu (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.