Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,779 members, 7,802,402 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:46 PM

10 Worst 2013 Quotes By Nigerian Public Figures - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 10 Worst 2013 Quotes By Nigerian Public Figures (633 Views)

The Latina Lady Guarded By Nigerian Police Officers In Lagos(Pics) / 10 Worst Quotes By Nigerian Public Figures In 2013 / 15 Intellectual Quotes By Great People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Worst 2013 Quotes By Nigerian Public Figures by xsmart04(m): 10:04am On Dec 24, 2013
Words, like they say, are like eggs and when broken, cannot be made whole again. No doubt, the outgoing year 2013 has been eventful and has also witnessed some trending events.
Some public figures, who should be very careful of what they say in public, have said many rather unfortunate words, which received widespread criticisms. Some were reckless with what they said in the heat of sad and difficult situations.

These are 10 worst quotes uttered in 2013 by some Nigerian public figures.

10. “Come, sit on my laps and I will show you a level of grace you do not understand.”–Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo of COZA. made the above statement and was revealed by Ese Walter, who alleged that the man of God slept with her hiding under the grace of God. Fatoyinbo later disclosed that he would react to the allegations when God tells him to do so.

9. “God is a democrat, [he] does not support rigging, but if you rig and succeed, that means God approves of it.”
Governor Jonah Jang of Plateau State made this statement during the NGF Chairmanship saga with Governor Rotimi Amaechi, which he clearly lost, but went ahead to parade himself as winner of the election.

8. “I was not a tribalist when I had a long-standing and intimate relationship with Miss Bianca Onoh, an Igbo lady.”–Femi Fani-Kayode during the Lagos deportation of Igbos to Anambra State. He was later forced to retract the statement when Bianca threatened him with a lawsuit.

7. “Any academic (ASUU) staff who fails to resume on or before December 4, 2013 automatically ceases to be a staff of the institution and Vice-Chancellors are also directed to advertise vacancies in their institutions.”–Minister of Education, Nyesom Wike, in the midst of the ASUU strike, which was only called off some days ago.

6. “We have stolen billions of dollars, what did you do? We steal because you never stoned us for it.”–Governor Rotimi Amechi of Rivers State while paying tribute to late Nelson Mandela, who died on December 5, 2013.

5. “Yes, Patience Jonathan is my Jesus Christ”–Evan Bipi, a member of the Rivers State House of Assembly disclosed this during the Rivers House brouhaha, which forced the National Assembly to take over the state Assembly.

4. “We do not pray for accidents but it is inevitable… we do everything to ensure that we do not have accidents, but it is an act of God.”–Stella Oduah, Minister of Aviation, while addressing journalists three days after 16 people died in the Associated Airlines crash, which was conveying the corpse of Olusegun Agagu, a former Aviation Minister and Governor of Osun State.

3. “As the President, I don’t know him (Abu Shekau, wanted Boko Haram leader) and [I] don’t know if he is dead or alive; you journalists will know more than us. You are the ones who talk to Boko Haram.”–President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan said this in a Presidential Media chat in Abuja.

2. “I cannot categorically tell you one now…the one we are going to make use of is going to be made known by my oga at the top.”–Obafaiye Shem, former Lagos State Commandant of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, NSCDC, made this statement when asked to state the website of NSCDC during an interview with Channels TV.

1. “You are a widow, go and die.”–Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State told a widow caught breaking the law in Benin City, the state capital. He later apologised for the statement and offered the poor widow N2 million and made her his Special Assistant on Environment Matters.

Source: http://aproko247.com/2013/12/24/10-worst-2013-quotes-by-nigerian-public-figures/
Re: 10 Worst 2013 Quotes By Nigerian Public Figures by misteri: 10:13am On Dec 24, 2013
@op I think there's already a thread for this. #justsaying

Rule 14

(1) (Reply)

My Expectation From Nairaland And Nairalander In 2014.. / How To Download Video From Youtube / Don’t Call The Police When Facebook Crashes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.