Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply (44563 Views)

Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo / President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter / President Jonathan's Reply To Dr Tunji Braithwaite' Abusive comment &(Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by Ipheyemmy01(m): 12:07pm On Dec 24, 2013
This was my first suggestion after reading the president's reply. But i doubt it if the president can do this vividly without fear or favour. If this investigation is not diplomatically handle and the report released to the public then we can assume that OBJ allegations are truth that can not be neglected. Imagine the person you said blackmailed you are are telling he he would be quized and not investigated (your definition of investigaion is quized)
Ps: GEJ your letter is not enough to clear you of this allegations we need action.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by Snoggy(m): 12:07pm On Dec 24, 2013
curtain: Someone is about to be treated like a common criminal. Even I myself have a lot of question for OBJ about the snippers. Nigerians have the right to know more.
Yes, Nigerians have the right to know more. But this is not Italy or Spain or Egypt. Where you can deal with anybody anyhow.

This is Nigeria. Nothing will happen.
They can get there to investigate, and OBJ would slap them and drive them out. gringrin

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by Nobody: 12:08pm On Dec 24, 2013

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by joe120120(m): 12:13pm On Dec 24, 2013
Go and study nigeria constitution very well and no wat is rule of law.fools
Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by dady12: 12:16pm On Dec 24, 2013
let us siddom and look as this drama unfold,i so much beleive that jonathan want to make thgs worst for himself cos baba must ve been having his evidence to back his claim,jona forgot that OBJ still ve some boys in the military that are giving him some information whc jonathan do not know,i am not against jona nor baba,why is it that the sss failed to invite asari tht treating war on northerners?why do they not invite stella odua?and many more indicted of one crime or the other,mark my word,the president that will come after jonathan will summon him to the sss cos in his letter he refer to OBJ as the killer of mutala muhammed,the wicked ones that are inflicting pain on nigerians can never go unpunish
Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by papparatzzi2013: 12:18pm On Dec 24, 2013
dozydre: No individual is greater than a nation. Baba should prove those allegations labeled against the president, the masses deserved to know the truth. These leaders keep toiling with our brains, and we are tired of it. We must learn how to do things in the proper way in this country.

If your security apparatus doesn't know their job, how safe is GEJ then?

No wonder, the war against terrorism is dragging on.
Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by curtain: 12:18pm On Dec 24, 2013
Snoggy: Yes, Nigerians have the right to know more. But this is not Italy or Spain or Egypt. Where you can deal with anybody anyhow.

This is Nigeria. Nothing will happen.
They can get there to investigate, and OBJ would slap them and drive them out. gringrin
you need to purge your mind into reality, you have too many fictions running through your brains. This is a matter of threat to the national security, OBJ has a constitutional obligation to provide adequate answer or risk being considered as an enemy of the state and jailed, its now left for him to tell the truth and apologise to nigerians or fabricate lies to substaintiate his assertions.

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by joe120120(m): 12:20pm On Dec 24, 2013
No body is above the law of Federal Rebublc of nigeria even the president himself ,so OBJ should be investigated for condult likly to cause the breach of peace in ngerian.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by dammytosh: 12:21pm On Dec 24, 2013
People OVER ESTIMATE the power of incumbency and UNDER ESTIMATE the power of being an Ex-President. grin grin grin

Jonathan will lead PDP into destruction and it is so painful because Tinubu led APC will be the beneficiary. Now APC has more House of Rep members and will likely have more senators in January,

Thats sad. If Jonathan can not lead PDP right, then the Nigerian Project is a failed mission in Advance.

Let me repeat. Nobody can arrest, indimidate, invite, charge, prosecute, investigate an EX-PRESIDENT in NIGERIA.

If it will start, it will likely start during Jonathan's time. lipsrsealed
Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by Nobody: 12:25pm On Dec 24, 2013
TribalEAST is enjoying this thread.
Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by Nobody: 12:25pm On Dec 24, 2013
We need a Nigerian 'Jerry Rawlings.' Still doubt if that would work, cos of ethnic bigotry. We are lost and hopeless. Its everyman for himself. The politicians are just using us for thier own benefit.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by papparatzzi2013: 12:25pm On Dec 24, 2013
joe120120: No body is above the law of Federal Rebublc of nigeria even the president himself ,so OBJ should be investigated for condult likly to cause the breach of peace in ngerian.

Starting with cosharis and stealer Oduah.

He who must come with justice, must come with hand of equity.
Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by Sarcoc: 12:26pm On Dec 24, 2013
oluface: He wan Invite Orisha OwU.. I pity Gej

The power of an incumbent president/ head of government is often underestemated if you doubt me think Tony Blair and Iraq war or better still think Robert Mugabe.

And for the fool likening the treat from Baba to Stella oduah, it's clear you do not understand the meaning of national security and treat to 1000 lives

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by Jman06(m): 12:27pm On Dec 24, 2013
Some people here are just so daft! Who is OBJ that cannot be arrested? Is he above the law? So he made those false allegations and thought he wouldn't be probed? If he's sure of all the allegations he made against the president then he should be ready to provide evidence to back up his claims. Rubbish! Ogboni my a.ss!

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by ceejayluv(m): 12:28pm On Dec 24, 2013
oluface: I hope you know that its OBJ we are talking about here.. not Tinubu!
And so fucking what?.. If he was so strong, then why did he chicken out of the PDP to support his ex enemies?

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by Nobody: 12:29pm On Dec 24, 2013
[/quote]Let me repeat. Nobody can arrest, indimidate, invite, charge, prosecute, investigate an EX-PRESIDENT in NIGERIA. [quote]

Bros what did Abacha do? Abi you are one of those juveniles born after 1998.The old fool remains the only ex-leader to be jailed in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by IGBOSON1: 12:31pm On Dec 24, 2013
Good! Maybe next time he'll learn to keep his basketmouth shut! sad

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by papparatzzi2013: 12:32pm On Dec 24, 2013
Jman06: Some people here are just so daft! Who is OBJ that cannot be arrested? Is he above the law? So he made those false allegations and thought he wouldn't be probed? If he's sure of all the allegations he made against the president then he should be ready to provide evidence to back up his claims. Rubbish! Ogboni my a.ss!

Bah turenchi.

Go arrest am nah. 1million of GEJ can't.

A man with a soiled hand cannot fight corruption, it will consume both his enemies and him.

That is the logic.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by Olaolufred(m): 12:35pm On Dec 24, 2013
eagle,eye:
Most times I don't support GEJ, but I think no one should underate the Power of Incubency. He is the President and he wields a lot of power.

Remember Morsi wield much power.
But had been incarcerated for 9 months.

Tell Gej that he must use his power wisely.
The more military generals are still loyal to some of their former bosses.

He should be careful with OBJ AND IBB.
While I want these rogues to be brought to book, it appeared only God can punish them.

However, Gej should be pro-active on corruption war against both pro and anti-jonahs camp.

I suggest he pick one from pro camp, then one from anti-camp. Let him continue like that.

If he chooses just to face the anti only, he would be creating more bitterness against his govt.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by nationwide1(m): 12:36pm On Dec 24, 2013
papparatzzi2013: If Mr President was nearly prostrating in his childish letter and calling OBJ "Baba" almost 30times, what will the journalist of NPF/SSS/NIA do?
Only in Nigeria that such mentality reigns supreme. Hilary Clinton, the former US secretary of states and wife of US former president was charged for a crime as 'light' as breaching traffic rule by a 'common' police officer. What will happen if the Clinton become security threat to the USA?
Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by hotwax: 12:38pm On Dec 24, 2013
WHo can arrest sango. 50 thousands GEJ dont have the capacity. You wan arrest ebora. LOL. Your head no they dia. Melo..schoolboy.

You dont have that liver.
Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by snowytee(m): 12:39pm On Dec 24, 2013
Why are most of us hypocrites?Someone accuses another of training snipers,of putting other Nigerians on a hit list,security agents jump into action to get more info and save this lives and people are complaining,why?Won't it be to Jonathan's detriment if investigations prove the allegations true?The most painful part is that youths,we youths are against this,what is wrong with us?Why are we saying someone is above the law?Na wa o.Let's drop tribe and mediocrity for once na and think as Nigerians.Una dey shock me o.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by Nobody: 12:39pm On Dec 24, 2013
01mcfadden:
what happened to Eedris Abdulkareem when he sang Nigeria jagajaga?
nothing. Obj just replied eedris that he is singing about hs father's house and not Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by Muttex(m): 12:40pm On Dec 24, 2013
I think OBJ has rediscovered his mistakes both in the past and present. Baba is trying to correct himself now by joining progressive. And i tell you, he is the only one that can openly confront GEJ...... without mincing words, nothing will come out of this investigation. Rubbish...I dey laff ooo

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by hotwax: 12:40pm On Dec 24, 2013
Jman06: Some people here are just so daft! Who is OBJ that cannot be arrested? Is he above the law? So he made those false allegations and thought he wouldn't be probed? If he's sure of all the allegations he made against the president then he should be ready to provide evidence to back up his claims. Rubbish! Ogboni my behind!

GEJ na schoolboy. OBJ and IBB owns the military. He should not mess with these war lords.
Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by papparatzzi2013: 12:41pm On Dec 24, 2013
Sarcoc:

The power of an incumbent president/ head of government is often underestemated if you doubt me think Tony Blair and Iraq war or better still think Robert Mugabe.

And for the fool likening the treat from Baba to Stella oduah, it's clear you do not understand the meaning of national security and treat to 1000 lives

If you cannot demonstrate power and authority in little things, what right do you have to even dare exercise same in a more complex and complicated matters like national security?

Actually, he ought to have set up a 3-man committee on OBJ's letter too, headed by, of course, NSA. Committee setting president.
Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by hotwax: 12:42pm On Dec 24, 2013
ceejayluv:
And so fucking what?.. If he was so strong, then why did he chicken out of the PDP to support his ex enemies?

Has he decamped? No!

He will stay in PDP and derail it for APC. Baba is a demon. Dont toil with him.
Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by papparatzzi2013: 12:43pm On Dec 24, 2013
nationwide1: Only in Nigeria that such mentality reigns supreme. Hilary Clinton, the former US secretary of states and wife of US former president was charged for a crime as 'light' as breaching traffic rule by a 'common' police officer. What will happen if the Clinton become security threat to the USA?

Was a corrupt minister's case swept under the carpet?

If Obama did that, what right and authority will a police officer have to charge the clintons, without them Calling his bluff?

When you are bending rules for your comfort, always remember the day the bending of rules will catch up with you.
Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by hotwax: 12:43pm On Dec 24, 2013
papparatzzi2013:

If you cannot demonstrate power and authority in little things, what right do you have to even dare exercise same in a more complex and complicated matters like national security?

Power of incumbency and Boko-haram told him to convert to islam publicly. Who dares tell OBJ that? WHo is Boko-haram b4 OBJ?

Dem never born your papa
Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by hotwax: 12:45pm On Dec 24, 2013
chukwudi44: Let me repeat. Nobody can arrest, indimidate, invite, charge, prosecute, investigate an EX-PRESIDENT in NIGERIA.

Bros what did Abacha do? Abi you are one of those juveniles born after 1998.The old fool remains the only ex-leader to be jailed in Nigeria

Mr. Judge, you have jailed IBB or Buhari ?

Name any head of state that has been jailed by a civilian president. OBJ only threathens IBB, he didnt touch him.

Thats an act of war.
Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by hotwax: 12:47pm On Dec 24, 2013
But wait ooo. Suddenly, OBJ is gaining the sympathy of Yorubas. I see him uniting Yorubas. If he does, then Hausa and Yoruba will become a family again.

Igbo-Niger-delta..I dey laugh ooo
Re: Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply by hotwax: 12:50pm On Dec 24, 2013
Ipheyemmy01: This was my first suggestion after reading the president's reply. But i doubt it if the president can do this vividly without fear or favour. If this investigation is not diplomatically handle and the report released to the public then we can assume that OBJ allegations are truth that can not be neglected. Imagine the person you said blackmailed you are are telling he he would be quized and not investigated (your definition of investigaion is quized)
Ps: GEJ your letter is not enough to clear you of this allegations we need action.

I want you to know that OBJ can never come out with baseless accusation.

He must have gotten facts. Military guys are loyal to OBJ. So also some SSS and DSS. Afterall Boko-haram have their mole in SSS/Military. Why wont OBJ have his own.

I believe OBJ has fact. Why did benin republic arrested Dokubo. It took the presidency to wade in. This should be connected to weapon shipping and sniper thing.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC / President Buhari Visits His Son At The Hospital, Security Tightened / Delegates Smile At Saraki Ahead Of PDP Primaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.