Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,541 members, 7,801,513 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:20 PM

The Significance Of Christmas - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Significance Of Christmas (464 Views)

The Significance Of Ash Wednesday / What Is The Significance Of Praying Before Eating? / Pictures Of Christmas Day Bomb Blast In Catholic Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Significance Of Christmas by PstWoleSoetan(m): 12:35pm On Dec 24, 2013
WINNING EACH DAY DEVOTIONAL

2Cor 2:14 And thanks be to God who ALWAYS causes us to triumph...

Dec 24, 2013

THE SIGNIFICANCE OF CHRISTMAS

John 3:16 (MSG)This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life.

When God wanted to save the world, he sent the best that he had—his one and only Son. And in sending Jesus, he was really sending Himself. This is the true significance of Christmas—Immanuel—God with us.

Luke 2:11 For there is born TO YOU this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.

"To You”, He came for you. This is where Christmas becomes intensely personal. When the shepherds heard these words from the angel, they must have been flabbergasted. Don't forget that shepherds were near the bottom of the social order of ancient Israel. They were often poor and uneducated and some were quite young. When the angel says, “To you is born,” he’s really saying, “Christ came for lowly shepherds.” But what about those theologians in Jerusalem who knew but didn’t care? He came for them too, but they missed it altogether.

When Christ came, his birth was first announced to the outcasts of society. They were the first ones to hear the good news of Christmas. There is a great lesson in this for all of us. God came to dwell among us by sending His one and only begotten Son and its only if we receive him with the greatest joy that we can have a whole and lasting life. It’s not enough to say that you believe Christ came. Millions of people say that and are still lost in sin. It’s not enough to say that Christ came for someone else.

You can never be saved until you say, “Christ came for me. He died for me. He rose from the dead for me.” He came for you. Do you believe that?

CONFESSION: Thank You Father for giving me the greatest gift ever. I receive Jesus as my personal Lord and Saviour today.

FURTHER STUDY: John 3 (MSG)

(1) (Reply)

Christmas Vs Santa Claus And Yule / Ogeyi Onazi At Synagouge Church Of All Nations Live! / Failure To Listen To God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.