Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' (10717 Views)

Poll: Econet. Vodacom. Vee Mobile. Celtel. Zain. This is:

Branding: 28% (43 votes)
Confusion: 71% (108 votes)
This poll has ended

Movement For Change In Call Tariff In Nigeria (glo, Mtn, Zain, E.t.c) / Cant Get My Applications To Work Using Zain 'subscribe To Packet Data 1st' Help / Zain Free Browsing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by TheJoker1(m): 1:30am On Aug 04, 2008
Its the huge sums of money that will go into (again!) rebranding na im dey tickle my senses, some people go hamma. Such folks cannot but pray for name changes as frequently as possible.
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by 9ja4eva: 3:31am On Aug 04, 2008
lol, lol, lol, lol
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by CyberG: 8:59am On Aug 04, 2008
I have a great name that will be permanent for this company: FLIP FLOP (NIGERIA) UNLIMITED grin

At least, next time they change name, we would never be surprised and have it as news!
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by chioya(f): 9:33am On Aug 04, 2008
God know say i go soon buy d company wink
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by opokonwa(m): 9:38am On Aug 04, 2008
Everyone is hitting out at Celtel (now Zain)
No one is acknowledging the survival instinct of the company. Too bad and too lame for most of the posters.
Behind the name changes, a lot of consolidation, re-investments and re-branding has been going on.
I do not see a bad network. I see a company with nine lives that despite the odds have managed to stay afloat.
And if I may add, I am neither a Celtel staff nor use their lines. I work for a rival company but I admire their (Zain) tenacity.
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by Lifeboy2(m): 9:38am On Aug 04, 2008
I think CELTEL or what so call ZAIN are confused, their should be impose more tax on them for changing of name, Pls if you are using CELTEL or ZAIN better through it away or else you will soon become, Confused CELTEL, Confused V-Moble, Confuse Econet, Confused ZAIN and now Confused you
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by opokonwa(m): 9:42am On Aug 04, 2008
These guys (Celtel) have probably faced company-sinking problems (financial, management, take-over threats and bids)
The fact that they are still afloat besides and beyond these problems shows how rugged they really are.
Several other companies might have folded up or turned to either Glo or MTN to buy them out.
Can you guys see beyond the name-changes please!
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by Reptyle(m): 9:55am On Aug 04, 2008
You know, reading what y'all have posted here, one would think that the continuous metamorphosis of the telco would have affected its services or business negatively, R u aware that the company currently has 15 million ACTIVE subscribers and is No.2 operator in the country? (Forget all that glo hype of being no.2) The network is growing in leaps and bounds and service is constant so whats all the fuss about the name change. I am glad no one has been asked to visit anywhere for a sim replacement in view of the name change. The change is seamless.

I am glad some of you recognize the fact that it cost a fortune to rebrand a business and so no one will be willing to splurge that much on whimsical name changes. There were reasons for each of the name changes. I think the company should receive a pat on the back for carrying out this rebranding with minimal (if any) impact on its customers and services.

Forget the name. If you don't like it, keep using any of the old names. After all, I know a number of people that still refer to the company as Vmobile. Better still, you can take your pick from any of the ones that have been derogatorily foisted on the network on this forum. Whatever you choose to call it, never forget its still packed with the power of 0802
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by spikedcylinder: 10:04am On Aug 04, 2008
Hmmn. . .
Inside sources have revealed to me that vodacom. . er. . sorry, vmobile. . er. . sorry, celtel. . . damn it, Zain. . .  would soon change their name again. This time once and for all to "CRASHED"!

grin grin
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by cruworld(m): 10:27am On Aug 04, 2008
celtel to whatever, all i want is their service to be okay
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by Amax(m): 11:04am On Aug 04, 2008
Thank GOd for GLOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Nigeriaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by Rogo: 11:17am On Aug 04, 2008
i hereby suggest another name PAIN
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by oluwdashmi(f): 11:40am On Aug 04, 2008
Zain was the parent company of celtel from onset (celtel is a subsidiary name) but I'm not sure if they decided to let Zain maintain its name instead of having a name for thei sub.
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by dlox01(m): 12:11pm On Aug 04, 2008
MAAAAAAAAN na dem no o!!! shocked
na name we wan chop or better service?? undecided
im not down with this confusion,is it now they remember that they fall under Zain??how convineint.
Anywayz look at the bright side, Econet staff can brag the've worked in 4 diffrent mobile networks in 4 yrs,u c,there are jobs,people are switching HOT JOBS,abi??check thier CVs grin
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by DoubleN(m): 12:23pm On Aug 04, 2008
Saw it coming.They will never stop changing names till they answer MTN! grin
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by ula(f): 12:47pm On Aug 04, 2008
are they changing name or merging or is Zain buying over the company? to improve their services, they should hire top hands and do away with non performers.

after all NEPA change name to Power holding and begin hold the light!!!it became worse than before.

cheers
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by jaybaby(f): 1:11pm On Aug 04, 2008
They r jus confused-- in jus how many yrs it has chged its name a million tyms--God help 'em
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by ubest1(m): 1:33pm On Aug 04, 2008
this people want finish name for dictionary before them mine go rest, small time now them go begin bear chinese name, like chichoq, hongchi, donki, any name outside ZAIN am out of that network so that I will be able to pronance my network name to people
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by 702: 1:46pm On Aug 04, 2008
walahi this co. na real Prostitute!! Obalende!!!
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by helium44(m): 1:53pm On Aug 04, 2008
Guys, name or no name na d pepper mataooo even if na NO NAME Nig Ltd and dem fit pay ma moni,who cares!!!!!.who knws wat Zain offers for graduates entry level.
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by Olaolufred(m): 3:08pm On Aug 04, 2008
@ Opokonwa,

Here we meet again on another topic.

I admire your approach to issues. Bravo.

I am a(an) Econet, Vodacom, V-networks, V-mobile, Celtel or whatever's fan.
I have been on the network since 2003.
Even though i am pleased with their friendliness with me,
I am also not too pleased with this One-year-one-name thing.
I am not still planning to change, because those that maintain their name dont even give
better service. Since CELTEL has always tried to maintain a good service provision,
I want them to also maintain a consistent name.
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by agwoko: 3:11pm On Aug 04, 2008
lets nt forget that the only thing that is constant is change.4 me though i am stil sticking my ass to my 080-2.
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by tokunbobo(m): 3:18pm On Aug 04, 2008
You all got it wrong, they have changed names up to 10 times now;

Econet

Econet wireless

Econet Buddie

Vodacom

Vodago

Vodastay

V-networks

V-mobile

Celtel

Zain
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by sleekymag(m): 3:29pm On Aug 04, 2008
are they changing name or merging or is Zain buying over the company? to improve their services, they should hire top hands and do away with non performers.

after all NEPA change name to Power holding and begin hold the light!!!it became worse than before.

cheers

Zain acquired 65% stake or so in Celtlel in 2006 or thereabout, but they didnt want to change the name to Zain dat soon cos the Celtel name was changed not too long before then. They had wanted d African subsidiary of Zain (Celtel) to retain its name due to its brand positioning in Africa (14 countries). Now it seems since people have settled down with Celtel in Nigeria they think they can change d name to Zain without stirring much confusion, and can achieve a synergy with its Middle East operations so as to become a global brand. So its not that they just bought over celtel and want to improve its services, nor is it dat celtel is in financial crisis but just that dey want to operate under one name and stay so for a longtime to come.
e.g Chevron acquired Texaco and changed its name to ChevronTexaco (to suit dose uncomfortable with d acquisition (texaco employees etc.) but after a few years they changed their name to Chevron (having one name), though left the subsidiaries (downstream sector e.g petrol stations) to still retain d name. so its just about the global perspective (being named among the top telecommunications services providers in the world.
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by steaming(f): 3:50pm On Aug 04, 2008
COnfused set of people. Honestly Celtel Subscribers what are you Guys stilldoing there?

I think the network is dead already.
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by alex406(m): 4:38pm On Aug 04, 2008
They are making us to believe that changing name will improve their services, lol, Stupid things will never end.
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by PurestBoy(m): 4:45pm On Aug 04, 2008
So what will I tell people now if anyone ask what network do I use? Shoudl I say Zain or still celtel?
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by KunleOshob(m): 5:04pm On Aug 04, 2008
I know for a fact that they would change name again probabbly by this time next year. The sale of Vmobile to celtel (now Zain) is being challenge in court and the plaintiff has a very strong case. If he wins the sale would be reversed and the company would have a new owner again leading to another change of name.
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by PurestBoy(m): 5:06pm On Aug 04, 2008
alex406:

They are making us to believe that changing name will improve their services, lol, Stupid things will never end.

Bobo how far now? werin dey happen?
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by Gsmbiznet: 5:30pm On Aug 04, 2008
i think thats a right step in the right direction big up celtel
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by Agbalanze(m): 6:06pm On Aug 04, 2008
It's quite a pity that Econet was d first but right now, they re jostling at the last spot. From grass 2 grace, sorry, what am I saying, From grace to grass.
Re: Celtel Changes Name To 'Zain Nigeria Ltd' by lonelypal(m): 6:18pm On Aug 04, 2008
;d econet-vmobile-celtel-zain-confused-dead-buried ;d ;d

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sky Falling Down I Kuwait / Hmmmm. . . / My Glo Me2u Pin Has Been Blocked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.