Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,973 members, 7,806,828 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:47 AM

A Special Message From The Minister Of Works - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Special Message From The Minister Of Works (14235 Views)

Buhari As The Minister Of Petroleum - Constitutionally Right Or Wrong? / Aregbesola Celebrates Eid-el Fitr With Osun People In A Special Way (photos) / Fani-kayode Celebrates Girlfriend's Birthday In A Special Way (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by olufemide: 8:04pm On Dec 25, 2013
Bida-Mokwa-Jebba road is in a very bad state that road is impassable. Something need be done urgently
Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by Jensenelizz(m): 8:05pm On Dec 25, 2013
embarassed omo piss dey catch me o
Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by patriotic007: 8:06pm On Dec 25, 2013
If the attension that our fed roads are having now can be sustained for another five years,then Nigeria will be on top gear to greatness,....Whoever says that our roads have not improved is a lier and God and posterity will judge such a person,....Some might be ignorant but i advise you to travel our highways now before judging the MOW

8 Likes

Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by adezjamz(m): 8:08pm On Dec 25, 2013
Blac_pearl: Oftentimes, been in a position of authority comes with its own set of challenges. A good example is the bureaucracy that shields leaders from realities on ground. Most times, a minister’s aide(s) might not be his best means of touching base. Hearing directly from the people, without exposing oneself to unnecessary distractions, is the sure way to see and feel what is going on.
I want to hear directly from road users and patriotic Nigerians who desire to join hands with us to make our FEDERAL ROADS better than they are at present. I have created an email account (feedbackmow@gmail.com) through which you can reach me directly to lay your complaints ,proffer suggestions or inform me on just about anything to do with FEDERAL ROADS. However, I will need the following favours:
A. Is there a federal road that needs urgent attention?
B. We have done some roads. Are they okay by you? (photographs attached)
C. Are any of our contractors not living up to their responsibilities on the job?
D. In what way do you think we can further improve and maintain the state federal roads in Nigeria?
E. Kindly let us know any federal road we should be preparing to pay attention to that is not already on our list.

I have received a number of awards, commendations and pats on the back for supposedly ‘a job welldone’. I appreciate all of that but I am not swayed, deceived or disillusioned to believe that all is well with federal roads all over Nigeria. In as much as any government (or minister,for that matter) cannot fix all Nigerian roads, I believe we can do our utmost best with the resources available to make life better, make a mark and be able to say before God and man that we did our best.
I believe more than anything that qualitative change is possible if the leaders and the led are committed to it. I believe more than anything that qualitative change is possible if the leaders and the led are committed to it.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Mike Onolememen
Hon. Minister of Works.

It seems U̶̲̥̅̊ are the source cool

2 Likes

Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by Goddex: 8:10pm On Dec 25, 2013
redcliff: Akinsulire Street, Aguda needs total rehab pls..
[size=16pt]
The minister is talking about Federal expressways. Meet Fashola for that street you mentioned.

We've never had it so good in road construction. Thank you GEJ. Just hope the tempo will be sustained[/size]

10 Likes

Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by Nobody: 8:11pm On Dec 25, 2013
Formalities.... Same old result
Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by redcliff: 8:13pm On Dec 25, 2013
Goddex:
[size=16pt]
The minister is talking about Federal expressways. Meet Fashola for that street you mentioned.

We've never had it so good in road construction. Thank you GEJ.[/size]

doesnt mean he cant so anything if he wants to.... LASG has ignored it for more than 20 years. Isnt it better We go to a higher authority?
Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by asha80(m): 8:14pm On Dec 25, 2013
redcliff:

doesnt mean he cant so anything if he wants to.... LASG has ignored it for more than 20 years. Isnt it better We go to a higher authority?
this is a joke right?

7 Likes

Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by olas24u(f): 8:15pm On Dec 25, 2013
It always like the past administrations have done nothing

5 Likes

Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by julioralph(m): 8:29pm On Dec 25, 2013
lies!!! the renovated section of the Oshodi-Apapa expressway is totally different from the section that was flooded(westminster bus-stop opposite capital oil/front of Zenithbank Trinity branch). That place still gets flooded when it rains heavily despite the so-called renovation work which was not totally completed.

1 Like

Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by glimpse(f): 8:36pm On Dec 25, 2013
mu2sa2: So the minister doesn't know the bad roads, even the ones right under his nose. For how long will this clueless govt pull wool over the eyes of gullible Nigerians? Well over to those who have data bundle to waste to begin sending emails that no one will act upon.

if you were the minister would you have known? The man ask you for help to know the ones he should work on. Humans are just insatiable. If he doesn't want to work,you will cry foul. Now,he wants to work and this is what you have to say. Why not tell him first?

8 Likes

Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by GENTLETEE(m): 8:37pm On Dec 25, 2013
This is noble and I hope it achieves its purpose. It shows humilty. www.gentletee..com
Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by festicoman: 8:41pm On Dec 25, 2013
atlwireles:

Maybe God help you. Why will politicians not take us for granted. Just listen to yourself.
just passing
Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by Revolva(m): 8:43pm On Dec 25, 2013
yeah i beg na lie the section of the pic shown saying its oshodi apapa expressway is a lie.thats not the real pic..over there work is still yet to be completed ..the oil tankers are making there look like shit...very dirty ..the roads that leads to tin can ..n apapa ..section is the worst...so much traffic....one can marrry wife for the hold up..
Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by patriotic007: 8:48pm On Dec 25, 2013
12 inches!:
Mr minister, employ people to do the work you ask from us. What nonsense. I'm an engineer and if the right people are winning bids for contracts without paying bribes, nepotism etc, you won't be asking us to monitor contractors for you. If I leave my work and start monitoring projects for you, then what will you be doing at the ministry of works. Perhaps, you can also pay a transportation consultant to do your road prioritization for you instead of asking me to do it free of charge for u.
The minister did not ask you to monitor it for him,...he only asked you as the road user to comment,suggest,complain,and report observations to his email,...Its just like a customer care lines in the telecom industries,....Am an Engineer too and Engineers know how to read and comprehend English,...merry xmas

6 Likes

Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by Ghadafy(m): 8:51pm On Dec 25, 2013
johnmartus: hmmm election is approaching don't campaign for Jonathan now talk is cheap is only road construction that your ministry' is after?what about jebba ilorin express way?what about ajaokuta steel company are you blind you don't know the next thing to do?we you response if I email you what about letters you have been resive from state government traditional rulars what step are you taken ?

What's this one saying? Night school thing...

1 Like

Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by patriotic007: 8:53pm On Dec 25, 2013
julioralph: lies!!! the renovated section of the Oshodi-Apapa expressway is totally different from the section that was flooded(westminster bus-stop opposite capital oil/front of Zenithbank Trinity branch). That place still gets flooded when it rains heavily despite the so-called renovation work which was not totally completed.
You are the one lying to yourself because there is no where he mentioned that he has completed any road in the message,....Must we politicise everything?,...In other countries after elections everybody joins hands to improve their country but in Nigeria its operation the team must be a failure because am not playing,....This will take us no were my dear

6 Likes

Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by musiwa112: 8:55pm On Dec 25, 2013
Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by mu2sa2: 8:57pm On Dec 25, 2013
glimpse:

if you were the minister would you have known? The man ask you for help to know the ones he should work on. Humans are just insatiable. If he doesn't want to work,you will cry foul. Now,he wants to work and this is what you have to say. Why not tell him first?
What stops the minister from driving round the country to have a feel of the bad roads? He sits in Abuja,travels by air, and comes out to make jest of the gullible like you to send emails.

2 Likes

Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by bocin500(m): 9:01pm On Dec 25, 2013
johnmartus: hmmm election is approaching don't campaign for Jonathan now talk is cheap is only road construction that your ministry' is after?what about jebba ilorin express way?what about ajaokuta steel company are you blind you don't know the next thing to do?we you response if I email you what about letters you have been resive from state government traditional rulars what step are you taken ?

Just reading this makes me ashamed for you.....Bro, get an education......fast!!!

3 Likes

Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by danjalingo: 9:05pm On Dec 25, 2013
Jalingo - Kona - Lau road in Taraba state has been abandoned by the fake Amitec Global International. please rearward the road and Jonathan will win our vote in 2015, even with APC and Cohdin put together.
Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by DonaldGenes(m): 9:07pm On Dec 25, 2013
PapaBrowne: I have made some trips across the nation this December and I must say, I am very impressed as there is construction going on virtually across every nook and cranny of the southern part of Nigeria. I haven't ventured up north in a while so I cant speak about that.

I will surely use the email to send some quality information.

The North already have good roads,so He should pay more attention to south East and south-south

Even the south-west do have reasonable high number of good roads,talking about places where I served my NYsc like Saki west and saki east-Those quys got motorable roads dyee

1 Like

Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by dejibimbo(m): 9:16pm On Dec 25, 2013
this minister for works guy dey try in his own ways o....listen to him speak and u will like him for what he is doing....the guy is one of his kind....
Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by ratiken(m): 9:17pm On Dec 25, 2013
GEJ and his administration are silently achieving with very little propaganda. We've never had it so good in this country. This tempo must be sustained.

5 Likes

Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by Andyblaze: 9:19pm On Dec 25, 2013
Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by bebechuks: 9:30pm On Dec 25, 2013
Wot of itch?
Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by Chiefpriest1(m): 9:33pm On Dec 25, 2013
You see how easy it is to govern Nigerians. Just an e-mail which took less than five minutes to open for free and my people are already praising him. SMH. If you send him a mail and he replies in two hours,what will happen? My people,my people...I love my people

2 Likes

Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by Nobody: 9:33pm On Dec 25, 2013
where is your source?
Blac_pearl: Oftentimes, been in a position of authority comes with its own set of challenges. A good example is the bureaucracy that shields leaders from realities on ground. Most times, a minister’s aide(s) might not be his best means of touching base. Hearing directly from the people, without exposing oneself to unnecessary distractions, is the sure way to see and feel what is going on.
I want to hear directly from road users and patriotic Nigerians who desire to join hands with us to make our FEDERAL ROADS better than they are at present. I have created an email account (feedbackmow@gmail.com) through which you can reach me directly to lay your complaints ,proffer suggestions or inform me on just about anything to do with FEDERAL ROADS. However, I will need the following favours:
A. Is there a federal road that needs urgent attention?
B. We have done some roads. Are they okay by you? (photographs attached)
C. Are any of our contractors not living up to their responsibilities on the job?
D. In what way do you think we can further improve and maintain the state federal roads in Nigeria?
E. Kindly let us know any federal road we should be preparing to pay attention to that is not already on our list.

I have received a number of awards, commendations and pats on the back for supposedly ‘a job welldone’. I appreciate all of that but I am not swayed, deceived or disillusioned to believe that all is well with federal roads all over Nigeria. In as much as any government (or minister,for that matter) cannot fix all Nigerian roads, I believe we can do our utmost best with the resources available to make life better, make a mark and be able to say before God and man that we did our best.
I believe more than anything that qualitative change is possible if the leaders and the led are committed to it. I believe more than anything that qualitative change is possible if the leaders and the led are committed to it.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Mike Onolememen
Hon. Minister of Works.
Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by Sobrit(m): 9:39pm On Dec 25, 2013
asha 80: why is work slow on onitsha enugu expressway?
bro do u call that slow? A contract awarded since 2006 was completely halted since 2011 till date. I think something is wrong with that contract. Mike onolememen should pls use his good offices to salvage the situation of Enugu-onitsha express way

4 Likes

Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by anonimi: 9:39pm On Dec 25, 2013
mu2sa2: What stops the minister from driving round the country to have a feel of the bad roads? He sits in Abuja,travels by air, and comes out to make jest of the gullible like you to send emails.

Are you joking or are you talking seriously
How many kilometres of FEDERAL roads do you think there are in this country?
How many directors of companies go through ALL the DETAILS of their divisions in order to have a feel of what is bad about them
If there are no bad FEDERAL roads in your area to report via the email provided you should NOT discourage others with your one kind post above so.

5 Likes

Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by SQURA(f): 9:45pm On Dec 25, 2013
Mr•Olodo:
[size=24pt]Op please reduce your grammar before you scatter my olodo brain[/size] grin
still a nuisance at 40something. go get a life!
Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by anonimi: 9:45pm On Dec 25, 2013
redcliff:

Daily with the passage of time, MORE Lagosians are coming to realise the 419 governance that we have been served by the scamming duo of Tinubu and his boy boy Fashola.
Nevertheless your concerns are better addressed through your:

- LGA Councillor
- state Assembly lawmaker
- NASS Representative
- NASS Senator

Abi you wan make them collect mega millions and billions for representing you without doing anything ni

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Calm Returns To Maiduguri Airport After Protest By Soldiers / Boko Haram Field Commanders Killed, 6 Arrested / Senate Summons Service Chiefs Over Election Postponement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.