Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

Fg’s 2014 Budget For Aso Rock Zoo/animals - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg’s 2014 Budget For Aso Rock Zoo/animals (538 Views)

When Gbajabiamila And APC Lawmakers Blocked 2014 Budget / If Diezani Stole £13b (3.9trn) What's Nigeria 2014 Budget? / Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fg’s 2014 Budget For Aso Rock Zoo/animals by horlando30: 2:32pm On Dec 25, 2013
The Federal Government’s decision to spend the sum of N14.5m on two unnamed wild animals in the Aso Villa Zoo, as proposed in the 2014 budget, is the subject of a raging debate on social media.

Apart from the sum, N8m was budgeted for the upgrading and maintenance of the State House zoo while the renovation of the horses’ stables and paddock will gulp N15m.

But those who read the news online have described the proposed budget for the animals as a misplaced priority on the part of the Presidency.

Reacting to the development, many Nigerians wonder why, despite the tell-tale signs of poverty and hunger in the country, the FG would give priority attention to animals at the expense of human beings.

http://www.punchng.com/i-punch/fgs-budget-for-animals-sparks-debate-on-social-media/
Re: Fg’s 2014 Budget For Aso Rock Zoo/animals by akandea(m): 4:07pm On Dec 25, 2013
I wonder what good this is to Nigerians
I wonder why FG is buying an eleventh presidential plane at this stage when the country is not doing fine.
Its all a misplaced priority!

(1) (Reply)

INEC Registered A Bowl Of Rice As A Voter In Anambra / Jonathan’s 11th Jet / Kim Jong Un’s Executed Uncle Was Eaten Alive By 120 Hungry Dogs – Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.