Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,658 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:02 PM

Anthropology Programs In Nigerian Universities? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Anthropology Programs In Nigerian Universities? (2545 Views)

Top 10 Nigerian Universities With The Most Beautiful Girls See Which Is Numba-1 / 5 Boring Departments In Nigerian Universities / Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anthropology Programs In Nigerian Universities? by KojoAseda(m): 7:09pm On Aug 03, 2008
Does anyone here know of any relatively strong Anthropology departments at Nigerian universities? I graduated with a B.A from the University of California at Santa Barbara and an M.A at San Diego State University. I am interested in tourism in West Africa and would like to know of some good programs in Nigeria so I could hook up with some students to work with.
Re: Anthropology Programs In Nigerian Universities? by Sagamite(m): 12:21pm On Aug 05, 2008
Hi mate,

I doubt that there are strong departments per se in this segment in Nigeria.

Your best bet is to go to one of the strongest universities which would probably have a decent department on this topic.

The top 3 in my opinion are:
Obafemi Awolowo Univeristy (OAU, and formerly called University of Ife)
University of Ibadan
University of Lagos

That is the ranking in that order in my opinion. Expect a lot of heated arguments on this to follow. grin I studied in the UK, hence did not attend any Nigerian university so my opinion hardly has any biase.

Other good/decent universities are:
Ahmadu Bello University (ABU)
University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
University of Ilorin
University of Benin
University of Port Harcourt (Please do not go there, except your dad has ransom money, as they are kidnapping white people in the city at the moment)
University of Jos
Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU, and formerly called Ogun State University)
Bayero University (If you are specifically interested in the study of Islamic orientated people)
Re: Anthropology Programs In Nigerian Universities? by Orobert: 6:44pm On Aug 05, 2008
I think the University of NIGERIA WILL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WHAT.
Re: Anthropology Programs In Nigerian Universities? by KojoAseda(m): 12:56am On Aug 19, 2008
Thanks for the recommendations! I'm trying to get a Visa to visit Nigeria in December. Whereabouts in Nigeria are you?
Re: Anthropology Programs In Nigerian Universities? by loveisoath(m): 3:07pm On Aug 19, 2008
I reside in lagos and i can help take u round nigeria when u come.I have uncles and family friends who could help u when u get here.Plz do not be lyied to by any one ok.U can email me at breavecompanion@yahoo.com or give me call on +23412192585 or +2348026620948 and +2348032444781.James.S.Ogbor is my name.I am out to help those who have Good intrest in my country.
Re: Anthropology Programs In Nigerian Universities? by Sagamite(m): 7:22am On Aug 20, 2008
Kojo Aseda:

Thanks for the recommendations! I'm trying to get a Visa to visit Nigeria in December. Whereabouts in Nigeria are you?

Kojo, unfortunately I am not based in Nigeria.

I live and work in the UK. I am still contemplating if I am going to be there in December or not.
Re: Anthropology Programs In Nigerian Universities? by Priest69(m): 1:59pm On Feb 22, 2017
KojoAseda:
Does anyone here know of any relatively strong Anthropology departments at Nigerian universities? I graduated with a B.A from the University of California at Santa Barbara and an M.A at San Diego State University. I am interested in tourism in West Africa and would like to know of some good programs in Nigeria so I could hook up with some students to work with.
university of Ibadan has a very efficient archaeology and anthropology department. I studied anthropology in the university

1 Like

Re: Anthropology Programs In Nigerian Universities? by francis4255: 6:59pm On Mar 16, 2017
I am doing Msc Cultural Anthropolgy at Unizik. please Priest69 and Kojo Aseda i will like to get in contact with you both. here is my phone 07039688007

(1) (Reply)

Info On Futo 3rd Batch Admission List / Scholarships In Sweden For International Students In 2011/2012 / When Is ASUU Nec Holding There Meeting And Where

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.