Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,501 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:39 PM

My New Year Resolution: I Want To Stop Smoking Weed By All Means - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My New Year Resolution: I Want To Stop Smoking Weed By All Means (1794 Views)

How Smoking Weed Affects Women's Vagina / Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? / How Do You Feel After Smoking Weed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My New Year Resolution: I Want To Stop Smoking Weed By All Means by experimentist: 6:23am On Dec 26, 2013
Good morning people, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year In advance... cool

It's not easy oh! Started smoking the wisdom tree (weed) since '97 just when I entered JSS 2 which makes it 17 years now. And that is about 6, 205 days shocked (I supose collect award oh). Since I started smoking I don't think I have taken a more than a day break, I was always smoking like chimney... I have tried quitting several times but all effort is futile. I'm a bonafide trees burner, in fact, I can pass for a Bob Marley or even Fela Kuti cos I have been smoking my brains out.. But mind you, my brain is still intact oh, I even get brain pass many Nairalanders mugus here lipsrsealed

Ok, I wanna quit smoking from January first, I really want, in fact I need to... So I need some clues and tips on how to avoid weeding.. Any weed smoking veteran should drop some hints here for me pls, it's very important....

Have a wonderful holidays!
Re: My New Year Resolution: I Want To Stop Smoking Weed By All Means by bluerange(f): 6:42am On Dec 26, 2013
Am not a weed veteran but l pray you achieve your desire of quiting and Amen do that!

1 Like

Re: My New Year Resolution: I Want To Stop Smoking Weed By All Means by Jayses(m): 6:51am On Dec 26, 2013
Amen
Re: My New Year Resolution: I Want To Stop Smoking Weed By All Means by experimentist: 6:52am On Dec 26, 2013
bluerange: Am not a weed veteran but l pray you achieve your desire of quiting and Amen do that!
Ok, thank you so much dear cool
Re: My New Year Resolution: I Want To Stop Smoking Weed By All Means by experimentist: 6:53am On Dec 26, 2013
Jayses: Amen
cool
Re: My New Year Resolution: I Want To Stop Smoking Weed By All Means by Justeenaleo(f): 7:11am On Dec 26, 2013
I don't smoke,I wudda suggested rehab,I dnt knw of any centre in Nigeria,my prayers are with you! I pray by the end of 2014 u wud be as clean as erm clean tins sha smiley
Merry christmas
Re: My New Year Resolution: I Want To Stop Smoking Weed By All Means by experimentist: 7:46am On Dec 26, 2013
Justeenaleo: I don't smoke,I wudda suggested rehab,I dnt knw of any centre in Nigeria,my prayers are with you! I pray by the end of 2014 u wud be as clean as erm clean tins sha smiley
Merry christmas
Who told you I'm dirty!? angry I'm so fresh so clean! cool

And why u suggesting a rehab, abi dem tell u say I don mental?
Take time oh angry

What I just need is some clues on how to avoid the thing ya know wink
Re: My New Year Resolution: I Want To Stop Smoking Weed By All Means by bloglover(m): 7:53am On Dec 26, 2013
Oga for u to dey smoke lyk dis na im b say ur area get enuf weed centres/depot. Try stop oh, I no say e no go easy bt its worth a shot, u dont know how better and more alive u will feel afta quiting. Good luck sha
Re: My New Year Resolution: I Want To Stop Smoking Weed By All Means by Justeenaleo(f): 8:00am On Dec 26, 2013
experimentist: Who told you I'm dirty!? angry I'm so fresh so clean! cool

And why u suggesting a rehab, abi dem tell u say I don mental?
Take time oh angry

What I just need is some clues on how to avoid the thing ya know wink
Lol I dnt mean dirty joor,I meant clean off weed,I knw u fresh die na,no b skull again,rehab is nt for mental people alone,well to avoid weed,hang out with non smokers,nd find true love,nothin adictive as true love,btw true love may be ur love for God oo,not babe alone
Re: My New Year Resolution: I Want To Stop Smoking Weed By All Means by Nobody: 8:11am On Dec 26, 2013
My gf is next to non
She helped me stop
Re: My New Year Resolution: I Want To Stop Smoking Weed By All Means by experimentist: 9:07am On Dec 26, 2013
bloglover: Oga for u to dey smoke lyk dis na im b say ur area get enuf weed centres/depot. Try stop oh, I no say e no go easy bt its worth a shot, u dont know how better and more alive u will feel afta quiting. Good luck sha
it's true bro, weed spot boku for d ghetto wey I come from. And almost all my friends dem dey blaaw..(Not all thou). I am determined to quit the isht now.. Thnx man!
Re: My New Year Resolution: I Want To Stop Smoking Weed By All Means by experimentist: 9:11am On Dec 26, 2013
Justeenaleo:
Lol I dnt mean dirty joor,I meant clean off weed,I knw u fresh die na,no b skull again,rehab is nt for mental people alone,well to avoid weed,hang out with non smokers,nd find true love,nothin adictive as true love,btw true love may be ur love for God oo,not babe alone
Na lie o, I no fresh, no be d skull wey u knw.

U'r right I need a girl to help me out. I get love for God na..
Re: My New Year Resolution: I Want To Stop Smoking Weed By All Means by Xsenga(f): 11:02am On Dec 26, 2013
I WANT 2 STOP SMOKING 2. embarassed
Re: My New Year Resolution: I Want To Stop Smoking Weed By All Means by Nobody: 11:30am On Dec 26, 2013
Move with the right friends,because i can sense that almost ur friends might be weed-smokers too,so stay away from such friends and move with friends that don't smoke weed,that could be a solution.
Am not saying u should not talk to them but don't move with them,stay away from them if possible.though its not everyone that can be influenced by friends but many of us can be influenced by friends.

Let me share my experience with you,before now i was this type that go clubbing almost everyday,sleep with different ladies and i have sex almost everyday with different girl-friends so back then i was a player as in very bad womanizer but last three years i said to myself i want to stop that way of life,since most of my friends back then were living the same life-style so i decided to change my friends and move with friends that are opposite of me;i mean friends that don't do such things so after moving with them i realized that i started to behave in the same way with them and that made me stopped my old life-style!!!!!!!am no more a player ,club freak and some others.

Good-luck man.IT IS WELL.
Re: My New Year Resolution: I Want To Stop Smoking Weed By All Means by experimentist: 3:34pm On Dec 26, 2013
Xsenga: I WANT 2 STOP SMOKING 2. embarassed
lol, I dunno u smoke cry
Re: My New Year Resolution: I Want To Stop Smoking Weed By All Means by experimentist: 3:48pm On Dec 26, 2013
leavestory: Move with the right friends,because i can sense that almost ur friends might be weed-smokers too,so stay away from such friends and move with friends that don't smoke weed,that could be a solution.
Am not saying u should not talk to them but don't move with them,stay away from them if possible.though its not everyone that can be influenced by friends but many of us can be influenced by friends.

Let me share my experience with you,before now i was this type that go clubbing almost everyday,sleep with different ladies and i have sex almost everyday with different girl-friends so back then i was a player as in very bad womanizer but last three years i said to myself i want to stop that way of life,since most of my friends back then were living the same life-style so i decided to change my friends and move with friends that are opposite of me;i mean friends that don't do such things so after moving with them i realized that i started to behave in the same way with them and that made me stopped my old life-style!!!!!!!am no more a player ,club freak and some others.

Good-luck man.IT IS WELL.
good one bro, na d hardest one be dat but I realised one sacrifice many tins.. Thnx man!
Re: My New Year Resolution: I Want To Stop Smoking Weed By All Means by Xsenga(f): 6:47pm On Dec 26, 2013
experimentist: lol, I dunno u smoke cry
i do oo embarassed

1 Like

Re: My New Year Resolution: I Want To Stop Smoking Weed By All Means by experimentist: 11:32pm On Dec 26, 2013
Xsenga: i do oo embarassed
Na wa o undecided maybe we shld be together wink
Re: My New Year Resolution: I Want To Stop Smoking Weed By All Means by Nobody: 4:41pm On Dec 27, 2013
Wow, for real? Happy for you. After reading your Ikoyi prison experience, I found myself hoping and praying that you will feel this way. I truly hope you are committed to this because I know you can do it!

My 2cents:
Withdraw slowly. Start by reducing the number of wraps you smoke per day. If you are a heavy smoker and you stop suddenly, you will make it much harder on yourself and it may lead to a panic attack and other problems.

Exercise – walk it out! You feel the urge, you take a walk, it helps to clear your head. Possibly get a 'clean' walking buddy (a love interest or just a buddy)to talk to you so you don't feel lonely or paranoid.

Drink lots of complex carbohydrates, such as juices or even water when you feel the urge to smoke.

Have a plan... You know, how long you gonna do this and you plan to do it.
Clean out your drawers, empty your secret stash! Check out every nook and crannies, be sure your room is clean.

Get a new hobby/improve on an old hobby. Like I mentioned earlier, I read your prison piece and you got me hooked. In essence, I think you are a good writer and this is when you should try and improve on it... Divert your attention to something you enjoy doing apart from weed.

Have lots of entertainment ready such as DVD’s, games, and other distractions for your low moments because they will come and you no longer have weed to keep you high.

Change your friends, possibly change your environment! Try to stay around people and situations where you can’t get high. Spend less time with your smoking buddies, you will realize that all you have in common is weed! as a lot of your past activities revolved around getting high,acting silly and wasting precious time.

Above all, stay true to yourself and your God. I wish you all the best.
Re: My New Year Resolution: I Want To Stop Smoking Weed By All Means by youthmustwork: 5:25pm On Dec 27, 2013
Mod front page, let's help ds aboki
Re: My New Year Resolution: I Want To Stop Smoking Weed By All Means by tpia5: 3:50am On Jan 04, 2014
you want to stop smoking just when it got legalized?

weird.
Re: My New Year Resolution: I Want To Stop Smoking Weed By All Means by phantom(m): 5:16pm On Jan 04, 2014
just look for another addiction a less dangerous or more expensive one though.replacements work!

(1) (Reply)

Free Heart Surgery For Children / Soul Rain Good For All Immune Deficiencies / Things You Need To Know About India Hem (marijuana)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.