Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:07 PM

Have The Igbos Contributed To The Decimation Of GEJ Support Across The Regions?? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Have The Igbos Contributed To The Decimation Of GEJ Support Across The Regions?? (2868 Views)

Local Air Traffic Analysis Points To The Regions With The Highest GDP / Memo To Ambode (and 35 Others) No 2: Avoiding An IGR Decimation / GEJ Support Group Accuses Shekarau, Wali Of Failing To Campaign For Him In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have The Igbos Contributed To The Decimation Of GEJ Support Across The Regions?? by NgeneUkwenu(f): 12:17pm On Dec 26, 2013
In 2011 towards the presidential election, people all over the country were canvassing and mobilizing support for Jonathan without recourse to Religion and ethnic groupings. In fact it was hard for some of us who were ardent followers and supporters of Buhari to make headway outside the Nothern region, as almost everybody had been brainwashed by the dubious "I had No Shoes" mantra of Jonathan and a need to have a "fresh air" as he was not seen as part of the Establishment.

However three years down the line, Nigerians across regions bar the south east and some parts of south south have realized there were duped in 2011 and have vowed to sweep Jonathan and his gang out of power in 2015. When Jonathan and his men discovered the mood of Nigerians, they tried to counter it by applying force and shortchanging the party structure in favour of the president, but that failed as soon it was hatched, they then resorted to Religion and Tribal sentiments, which they found the Igbos a willing tool and quickly took advantage by unleashing what can be qualified as the most divisive statement ever to come out of a sitting president the now infamous propaganda of the South west and the north which is THE IGBOS ARE THE PILLARS OF MY GOVERNMENT. Swiftly following that, was the opportunity presented by Fashola on the alleged "deportation" or "uniting" ( choose as it pleases you) the Igbos, Jonathan handlers again milked this opportunity to high heavens. The stage was now prepared for the most vociferous tribal and religious politics ever noticed in the annals of the country. Trust my Igbo brothers, when given assignment or work, they tend to do it with utmost energy and unequaled skills. Consequently the debasing of other parties and religion begun, and we started hearing things like , Boko haram party, terrorist party, Alhaji Okorocha, Efelefu, Ndi Ofenmanu, Alhaji Ngige, parasites and other unmentionable adjectives to humiliate any Nigerian that speaks against their God-given President.

Time For Stock Taking: Other regions have now taken notice, and see 2015 as their time for revenge, they want to at least make a statement to the Igbos and Jonathan that, he did not win 2011 elections with only the Igbo support hence the recent campaign against him in these vilified parts of the country. Or are you surprised that almost every Yoruba, Hausa irrespective of party affiliations sees Jonathan as a common enemy that they need to do away with?. In 2011, you would find a large number of online Yoruba PDP members teeming up with The Igbo counterparts on NairaLand to haul invectives on Buhari, in order to help their party man ,Jonathan clinch the president. But the reverse is the order of the day, mainly because of the way Igbos handle Jonathan's campaign angry angry angry

Now the big Question is: Have the Igbos unknowingly whittled down Jonathan's support base by employing ethnic and religious calumny in the course of protecting their "Azikiwe Ebele Jonathan"

****************Bonanza*************
You Are Free To Rain Insults On Me, But The Message, I have Passed.

10 Likes

Re: Have The Igbos Contributed To The Decimation Of GEJ Support Across The Regions?? by Afam4eva(m): 12:33pm On Dec 26, 2013
What has the deportation saga got to do with Jonathan. Some of you just come out to chat crap just because you have access to internet connection. if anything, the utterances of Dokubo, Clarke and other Niger-Delta leaders will serve a more injurous blow to Jonathan than anything an Igbo man will say. In the same vein, the unguarded statements made by some Northern leaders could also serve as a death pill for whichever Northern candidate that will be presented by APC or any party for that matter. That's the sorry story of our democracy.

18 Likes

Re: Have The Igbos Contributed To The Decimation Of GEJ Support Across The Regions?? by asha80(m): 12:37pm On Dec 26, 2013
some people just disengage their brains before opening a topic.

4 Likes

Re: Have The Igbos Contributed To The Decimation Of GEJ Support Across The Regions?? by NgeneUkwenu(f): 12:46pm On Dec 26, 2013
Afam4eva: What has the deportation saga got to do with Jonathan. Some of you just come out to chat crap just because you have access to internet connection. if anything, the utterances of Dokubo, Clarke and other Niger-Delta leaders will serve a more injurous blow to Jonathan than anything an Igbo man will say. In the same vein, the unguarded statements made by some Northern leaders could also serve as a death pill for whichever Northern candidate that will be presented by APC or any party for that matter. That's the sorry story of our democracy.

What has the deportation saga got to do with Jonathan

Anyway they used it perfectly to campaign against Ngige during the just concluded Anambra Election, remember the infamous PDP rally which had Jonathan in attendance, as Arthur Eze and co played the hate song again.

the unguarded statements made by some Northern leaders could also serve as a death pill for whichever Northern candidate that will be presented by APC or any party for that matter. That's the sorry story of our democracy

But dont you think elections are won by numbers and by omission or commission the North engineered it to their advatnge? We should be talking about swaying the neutral and the undecided, but when you label a whole race, a parasite and boko haram, it hurts all.

10 Likes

Re: Have The Igbos Contributed To The Decimation Of GEJ Support Across The Regions?? by IKEMBANNEWI: 12:47pm On Dec 26, 2013
asha 80: some people just disengage their brains before opening a topic.

1 Like

Re: Have The Igbos Contributed To The Decimation Of GEJ Support Across The Regions?? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Dec 26, 2013
show some decorum. Simply because the thread doesnt favour you, you decided to throw tantrums.

@Op.
you made sense jare. Bitter truth. Even joe igbokwe whom they now call yorubakwe said they will suffer bitterly for it.

3 Likes

Re: Have The Igbos Contributed To The Decimation Of GEJ Support Across The Regions?? by Broschocolata: 12:52pm On Dec 26, 2013
this fool is wasting so much grammer in saying nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Have The Igbos Contributed To The Decimation Of GEJ Support Across The Regions?? by Broschocolata: 12:55pm On Dec 26, 2013

''disengage'' ...can someone without a brain disengage what he dosent have ? He is only crying about the reality that GEJ has already won 2015 elections

6 Likes

Re: Have The Igbos Contributed To The Decimation Of GEJ Support Across The Regions?? by gbanikiti(m): 1:01pm On Dec 26, 2013
Re: Have The Igbos Contributed To The Decimation Of GEJ Support Across The Regions?? by NgeneUkwenu(f): 1:21pm On Dec 26, 2013
Bros chocolata:

''disengage'' ...can someone without a brain disengage what he dosent have ? He is only crying about the reality that GEJ has already won 2015 elections

Answer my question or exit the thread Anu Mpam!

5 Likes

Re: Have The Igbos Contributed To The Decimation Of GEJ Support Across The Regions?? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Dec 26, 2013
op you should add KII THEM ALL to your list. This was the number one phrase during the declaration of the state of emergency.

6 Likes

Re: Have The Igbos Contributed To The Decimation Of GEJ Support Across The Regions?? by OneNaira6: 1:40pm On Dec 26, 2013
Afam4eva: What has the deportation saga got to do with Jonathan. Some of you just come out to chat crap just because you have access to internet connection. if anything, the utterances of Dokubo, Clarke and other Niger-Delta leaders will serve a more injurous blow to Jonathan than anything an Igbo man will say. In the same vein, the unguarded statements made by some Northern leaders could also serve as a death pill for whichever Northern candidate that will be presented by APC or any party for that matter. That's the sorry story of our democracy.

What The OP Is Doing Is What They've Been Doing Since The Sad Excuse Of Nigerian Democracy. It's Called Divide And Rule Tactics. They First Tried To Turn SE Against GEJ By First Informing Them That SS Wouldn't Replicate The Same Support If It Was Their Son And How SS Hates them. That Tactics Failed. They Then Tried To Turn Igbo Against GEJ By Informing SE That GEJ Didn't Do Anything For SE Or Any Other Igbo Community. GEJ Supporters And Workers Proved That Wrong So That Tactics Failed. Since They Can't Cut The Support By Gettin SE Or Any Igbo Community To Turn Their Backs On GEJ. A New Tactics They Trying Out Lately Was Created Aka Trying To Get GEJ To Turn Against Igbo By Informing Him Igbo Are The Reason They Are Against Him. Lmao. If They Don't Replicate The Behavior They Doing Now, I Would Think The North/West Type Of Democracy Have Actual Developed To Actual Real Democracy. The Behavior Of The OP Is Expected, At Least To Me It Is.

What I Do Find Funny Is The Fact They Constantly Accuse GEJ And His Administration And supporters Of Trying To Divide Nigeria Along Ethnic/Religious Stanch Yet Ironically Enough, As Someone That Dislike Both PDP And APC, I Noticed The APC Supporters Are The Ones That Actually Doing What They Accuse GEJ Off At Least Judging On NL. They Equally Accuse GEJ, His Administration And Supporters Of Insulting Them and Their Leaders Yet Ironically Enough, The Opposite Is The Situation At Least Once Again Based On NL And The Articles I've Read From APC administration And Supporters Compared To GEJ Administration And Supporters. I Find The Whole Hypocrisy A Bit Comical To Say The Least.

18 Likes

Re: Have The Igbos Contributed To The Decimation Of GEJ Support Across The Regions?? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 26, 2013
In 2011, you would find a large number of online Yoruba PDP members teeming up with The Igbo counterparts on NairaLand to haul invectives on Buhari, in order to help their party man ,Jonathan clinch the president.

Guilty as charged.... grin

No regrets whatsoever doing that....just harsh lessons.

1 Like

Re: Have The Igbos Contributed To The Decimation Of GEJ Support Across The Regions?? by NgeneUkwenu(f): 1:44pm On Dec 26, 2013
One_Naira:

What The OP Is Doing Is What They've Been Doing Since The Sad Excuse Of Nigerian Democracy. It's Called Divide And Rule Tactics. They First Tried To Turn SE Against GEJ By First Informing Them That SS Wouldn't Replicate The Same Support If It Was Their Son And How SS Hates them. That Tactics Failed. They Then Tried To Turn Igbo Against GEJ By Informing SE That GEJ Didn't Do Anything For SE Or Any Other Igbo Community. GEJ Supporters And Workers Proved That Wrong So That Tactics Failed. Since They Can't Cut The Support By Gettin SE Or Any Igbo Community To Turn Their Backs On GEJ. A New Tactics They Trying Out Lately Was Created Aka Trying To Get GEJ To Turn Against Igbo By Informing Him Igbo Are The Reason They Are Against Him. Lmao. If They Don't Replicate The Behavior They Doing Now, I Would Think The North/West Type Of Democracy Have Actual Developed To Actual Real Democracy. The Behavior Of The OP Is Expected, At Least To Me It Is.

What I Do Find Funny Is The Fact They Constantly Accuse GEJ And His Administration And supporters Of Trying To Divide Nigeria Along Ethnic/Religious Stanch Yet Ironically Enough, As Someone That Dislike Both PDP And APC, I Noticed The APC Supporters Are The Ones That Actually Doing What They Accuse GEJ Off At Least Judging On NL. They Equally Accuse GEJ, His Administration And Supporters Of Insulting Them and Their Leaders Yet Ironically Enough, The Opposite Is The Situation At Least Once Again Based On NL And The Articles I've Read From APC administration And Supporters Compared To GEJ Administration And Supporters. I Find The Whole Hypocrisy A Bit Comical To Say The Least.

You Have Ended Up Saying Nothing.

1 Like

Re: Have The Igbos Contributed To The Decimation Of GEJ Support Across The Regions?? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:12pm On Dec 26, 2013
OP, you are on point. But some people don't see beyond ethnicity.
Re: Have The Igbos Contributed To The Decimation Of GEJ Support Across The Regions?? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Dec 26, 2013
Orlando Owoh: OP, you are on point. But some people don't see beyond ethnicity.
...even after the fact that he is yet to give them a 2nd niger bridge.

What has the average ibo man benefited from this administration?

1 Like

Re: Have The Igbos Contributed To The Decimation Of GEJ Support Across The Regions?? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 26, 2013
Segeggs: ...even after the fact that he is yet to give them a 2nd niger bridge.

That is the Multi-million dollar question....and you wonder why they are individually willing to break a limb for him.

Apart from the thieving politicians and top political appointees that will still go to the village oppressing them with sirens on the narrow village roads this December...there is absolutely nothing to show for this suicidal support.

6 Likes

Re: Have The Igbos Contributed To The Decimation Of GEJ Support Across The Regions?? by gramci: 2:33pm On Dec 26, 2013
Segeggs: ...even after the fact that he is yet to give them a 2nd niger bridge.

you are not Igbo, so it's none of your business, why not start by telling us what Igbos benefited from OBJ, and past rulers. Anu Npama

4 Likes

Re: Have The Igbos Contributed To The Decimation Of GEJ Support Across The Regions?? by gramci: 2:36pm On Dec 26, 2013
Orlando Owoh: OP, you are on point. But some people don't see beyond ethnicity.

keep quiet my friend, as if you have travelled beyond oshogbo. Ethnicity my foot

3 Likes

Re: Have The Igbos Contributed To The Decimation Of GEJ Support Across The Regions?? by NgeneUkwenu(f): 2:39pm On Dec 26, 2013
gramci:

you are not Igbo, so it's none of your business, why not start by telling us what Igbos benefited from OBJ, and past rulers. Anu Npama

I am Igbo and am yet to benefit or see who benefited from GEJ Government in spite of the huge support he enjoys down here!

1 Like

Re: Have The Igbos Contributed To The Decimation Of GEJ Support Across The Regions?? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Dec 26, 2013
gramci:

anammu
Re: Have The Igbos Contributed To The Decimation Of GEJ Support Across The Regions?? by gramci: 2:47pm On Dec 26, 2013
Ngene-Ukwenu:

I am Igbo and am yet to benefit or see who benefited from GEJ Government in spite of the huge support he enjoys down here!

we know your type undecided

13 Likes

Re: Have The Igbos Contributed To The Decimation Of GEJ Support Across The Regions?? by egift(m): 3:10pm On Dec 26, 2013
By portraying Jonathan's election as that of Ndigbo, my people have denied their hope of ruling Nigeria for a long time to come.

For Example: When the North take 8yrs + SW 8yrs + Any minority that will agitate 8yrs + Dare add an unrealistic extra 4yrs to Jonathan.
Mathematically: 2015 + 8 + 8 + 8 + 4 = 2043

Without re-aligning ourselves with the rest of the country or breaking away (which I don't support because it costs lives), the chance of Ndigbo producing the President of Nigeria is around [size=18pt]2043[/size], 30 years from now!

4 Likes

Re: Have The Igbos Contributed To The Decimation Of GEJ Support Across The Regions?? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Dec 26, 2013
Discerning Igbos should be stoning people like Peter Adaobi on the streets now....for selling Igbo interest cheaply.

1 Like

Re: Have The Igbos Contributed To The Decimation Of GEJ Support Across The Regions?? by IboKiller: 3:16pm On Dec 26, 2013
Dumbo jack, go and die if you have problem with the post.
Re: Have The Igbos Contributed To The Decimation Of GEJ Support Across The Regions?? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Dec 26, 2013
Another thread for nairaland tribal wars i better run before i get hit by a bullet.
Re: Have The Igbos Contributed To The Decimation Of GEJ Support Across The Regions?? by Ngwakwe: 3:26pm On Dec 26, 2013
ilugunboy: Discerning Igbos should be stoning people like Peter Adaobi on the streets now....for selling Igbo interest cheaply.

Whilst Yorubas should spare Fashola and defend the most secretive government ever in the history of the fourth republic.

We have already made up our minds to play Awolowo System of Politics to the extreme and have already counted and assimilated the cost.

If it was good for Western Nigeria, it will be good for South East. Is not as if we don't have Akintola with even opposing ideology.

If you like continue drinking Panadol for Ndigbo who know nothing about your existence or better get lost and be useful to yourself.

7 Likes

Re: Have The Igbos Contributed To The Decimation Of GEJ Support Across The Regions?? by Ngwakwe: 3:44pm On Dec 26, 2013
It baffles me when inconsequential and irredeemable self serving hypocrites congregate to scold the entire Igbo Nation.

Is this the manifestations of their supreme individual intellectualism and sophistication or just plain stupidity?

Our families are doing just fine and we should be allowed to take our destinies in our hands with recourse to the consequences

5 Likes

Re: Have The Igbos Contributed To The Decimation Of GEJ Support Across The Regions?? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Dec 26, 2013
Ngwakwe:

Whilst Yorubas should spare Fashola and defend the most secretive government ever in the history of the fourth republic.

We have already made up our minds to play Awolowo System of Politics to the extreme and have already counted and assimilated the cost.

If it was good for Western Nigeria, it will be good for South East. Is not as if we don't have Akintola with even opposing ideology.

If you like continue drinking Panadol for Ndigbo who know nothing about your existence or better get lost and be useful to yourself.

Great..good for people like you. If you think at this point...clannish politics will further your interest...knowing fully well that in democracy....numbers is the name of the game....play your type of politics on and stand with the consequences.

1 Like

Re: Have The Igbos Contributed To The Decimation Of GEJ Support Across The Regions?? by dayokanu(m): 3:50pm On Dec 26, 2013
Na dem sabi
Re: Have The Igbos Contributed To The Decimation Of GEJ Support Across The Regions?? by egift(m): 3:59pm On Dec 26, 2013
Ngwakwe:

It is disheartening the we the great people of South-East have played ourselves to a very difficult corner. Here are some of the issues:
- Ndigbo have continued the game of self. Being all by ourselves. Biafra was a decision of necessity. But moving forward, we must integrate/collaborate with the rest of the country to possess our place in Nigeria.
- Playing a second fiddle to the Ijaw and acting as if our entire future depends on it, is not good for Ndigbo.
- Our elites play for the highest bidder. But selfishness do not allow them to extract concrete promise/terms for dragging the rest of Ndigbo to offer support for Jonathan.
- Greediness have not allowed our 5 Governors team up and execute important projects in the south east (like the Niger Bridge).

I pray for vision, unity of purpose and ability to collaborate with the rest of Nigeria. If we can avoid demonizing others, we can attain greater relevance in Nigeria. But if we keep playing the type of politics exemplified by Peter Obi in 2013, we have a very difficult future in Nigerian Political Landscape.

3 Likes

Re: Have The Igbos Contributed To The Decimation Of GEJ Support Across The Regions?? by asha80(m): 4:03pm On Dec 26, 2013
egift:
It is disheartening the we the great people of South-East have played ourselves to a very difficult corner. Here are some of the issues:
- Ndigbo have continued the game of self. Being all by ourselves. Biafra was a decision of necessity. But moving forward, we must integrate/collaborate with the rest of the country to possess our place in Nigeria.
- Playing a second fiddle to the Ijaw and acting as if our entire future depends on it, is not good for Ndigbo.
- Our elites play for the highest bidder. But selfishness do not allow them to extract concrete promise/terms for dragging the rest of Ndigbo to offer support for Jonathan.
- Greediness have not allowed our 5 Governors team up and execute important projects in the south east (like the Niger Bridge).

I pray for vision, unity of purpose and ability to collaborate with the rest of Nigeria. If we can avoid demonizing others, we can attain greater relevance in Nigeria. But if we keep playing the type of politics exemplified by Peter Obi in 2013, we have a very difficult future in Nigerian Political Landscape.
remove niger bridge from ur post...as much as it is desirable to do it touches both ss and se

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anarchy In The Igbo Nation / Prophet Announced What 2015 Will Become / Throw Back Pictures Of When George Bush Visited Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.