Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,586 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

More Govs. Set To Dump Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / More Govs. Set To Dump Amaechi (4480 Views)

Breaking News: 5 Pdp Govs Set To Join Apc – Baraje / Why APC May Dump Amaechi For Fashola •as Buhari’s Running Mate / Two APC Govs Set To Join PDP — Metuh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

More Govs. Set To Dump Amaechi by DonXavi(m): 5:17pm On Dec 26, 2013
• In 1880, Sunandha Kumariratana , the 19 years old Queen of Thailand drowned when her boat capsized on her way to Bang Pa-In Royal Palace.

The worrisome thing about her death is that she drowned while a couple of bodyguards and aides, most of them professional swimmers, stood by and watched. They couldn't save her. Why? Traditionally, they were forbidden to touch the queen. They didn't want to break the rules. It was better for her to die, than for them to break the laws.

Since Rotimi Amaechi became the Governor of Rivers State, through the opportunity given him by his political godfather, Dr Peter Odili, whom he has severed relationship with and even denied publicly, I've been trying to decipher who advises him. I'm beginning to suspect that nobody does . He doesn't have that DNA to use the brain or intelligence of others . He is too intelligent for that. His close associates knows this very well, so advising him seems forbidden. So, unknowingly he is isolated even amongst his supporters who cheer him on . Rumors of commissioners who were tongue lashed for disagreeing with him further helped in isolating him. He can't be helped. He knows it all. Any advise has to be in tune with his thoughts. Any contrary advise is sacrilegious .

Seriously, this mans political strategy confuses me. He seems like a man playing football without a goal post. So there is no place to even score no matter how well he plays. His target can't be seen. He picks fights at will and when he has boxed himself into a corner, he'd start playing victim. He'd tell you he drives himself and eats in public restaurants to show he is very popular and fearless , then the next moment he is crying that his security has been withdrawn even when the Rivers Police command has given the total number of police men attached to him. The last police officer we saw with him was his ADC, attempting to give someone the Aluu treatment .

Some people say he is strategizing to become Vice President in 2015, but that is not true. First of all, the man is not acting like someone who can be under another person. He lacks the ability to work with as a team player. He can't even pretend about it. He clearly can't work under anyone. He can challenge anyone to a wresting contest at the market square. Anybody who opposes him in Rivers State is trying to steal Rivers People's money.

On the other hand everyone knows that political permutations that will present a stronger challenge to Jonathan in 2015 should have an Igbo man in the team. So Rochas Okorocha, Ngige and Oby Ezekwesili stands as more suitable brides amongst the opposition . Amaechi knows this very well and understands that he is not an option .

Hear him " I have warned police not to arrest anybody who abuses me. I have mouth to abuse them back ". Yes sir, we know you have mouth. Every Nigerian knows you have mouth. Kai!, even women are jealous of your mouth. When candor gets extreme,It becomes carelessness. By the way, who told you the police needs your warning to stop arresting anybody . Jonathan receives same from mouths like yours daily and nobody is arrested. Fela said " You can't dash me human right ". As. Governor, you have so much time and energy to use your mouth in abusing any one that barks at you .

In trying to abuse Chibudom Nwuche, he said he will look for work after political office, accusing Chibudom of not looking for work and running around with politicians . I hope your ready to go back to Pamo Clinics as a hustler, bringing sick clients and collecting commission. That's the last job you had.

King Solomon once said " He who has no rule over his emotions, is like city without walls". Amaechi has confessed at times that he has been advised to be discrete in his public utterances, but he claims he can't help it when he comes out in . This is probably how he gets an erection, because he says it makes him go home and sleep comfortably. He probably doesn't know or doesn't want to know the virtue associated with discretion as a characteristics of nobility . That's why I've come to wonder if the young man has a target or he is just having fun from the attention he is getting.

When he was in court after President Obasanjo took away the party ticket which he got through a consensus arrangement, he went to almost all the pastors in Rivers State. He repeated the visits after he became governor, sharing testimonies here and there .

On assumption of office, the arrogance manifested . At the Holy Ghost Congress of the Redeemed Christian Chruch of God at Aluu, he was invited by the General overseer , Pastor Enoch Adeboye to come and bring a word of greeting to the Christian faithfuls . As soon as he climbed the podium, he said " GO, I hope all these land you people acquired has papers. Because, I've instructed the commissioner of lands to reclaim all lands without documentation . That's the kind of drama he likes . A question he would have asked in private.

In one vein he is attending peace meeting with the President, in another vein he is on BBC pouring aspersion on the President . Tomorrow, he will say he needs to consult the President . The next day, he will call him a dictator or say he is not part of his transformation agenda.

Out of the shock of seeing less than twelve governors attending his NGF retreat in Sokoto, knowing that the press can't hide that one, no matter how much brown envelopes he spreads, he quickly used his mouth against Okonji Iweala . Accusing her of stealing 5 billion dollars . When the poor lady finds time to explain and told him how much he took from the amount, he checked his pocket, found the money in his pocket and starts another round of talks, how have you been spending our money, why didnt you apporove my loan. Bla bla bla according to my friend Emy Onunwor. Sorry ma, oops, sir . But madam Ngo is afraid of a woman's mouth. Sorry, a mans mouth.

Ask him how he spent the billions that came to his pocket, he will accuse you of wanting to steal Rivers People's money. He is the new messiah of Rivers State. The first and the last. Beginning and the end. For him, the sun must rise and set over his mouth.

During the Yardua succession imbroglio . There were strong rumors that Governors Amaechi and Sylva were against Jonathan . After the crises, Jonathan became President and announced Rivers State as the first state he will be visiting, in other to mend fences and quell the rumors. On the project inspection of a model Secondary at Eleme, Jonathan praised the governor and highly commended the school. Then he committed sacrilege by trying to advise the governor . The President said " But I'd advise that subsequent schools, the students can be made to stay like four in a room rather than two, because as a teacher, I'm know that it's important for students to also bond more after school hours as this will help their academics . Thank you so much Governor Amaechi for making us proud.

Nearly grabbing the microphone from the President, Governor Amaechi shot from the hips " Thank you Mr President, but we will not do that. The students can bond more when they are in their dining halls, class rooms or during games. For now this is our plans and we are not ready to change it. I watched the newly installed President turn red with embarrassment . How dare you advise Mr Know it all.

Of all the member of the G7, the new PDP and opposition members, nobody shows greater disdain for the President than Rotimi Amaechi . You can see him glowing with joy whenever he is disparaging the President . He loves the applauds that comes with it. For him, the squaring up makes him on equal terms with the President . After all, he is the Chairman of the governors forum, a position that led him into hallucinations of having massive powers.

In the early years of Jonathan Presidency, the Nigerian security forces were faced with a new kind of insecurity. The terrorist were always one step ahead of them. Our security architecture was not prepared for this kind of challenge and they struggled to catch up . Governor Amaechi in an interview stated that leaders can be impeached on grounds of insecurity in the land. He was subtly sending a message to the National Assembly that Jonathan can be sacrificed for peace to reign .

Ironically, it was the same Amaechi who openly challenged the President for declaring a state of emergency in some northern states . Even when governors of the states involved, the Northern governors forum, PDP governors forum, southern governors forum, south south and south east governors forum, all came out to endorse the moves. Governor amaechi released a statement, under the auspices of the Nigerian governors forum attacking the move.

In politics , it's a game of people and numbers . So politicians court people, make new friends and form alliances . In the case of Amaechi it's different . He is ready to fight anybody fight able . Anybody that disgaree with him wants to come and steal Rivers Peoples money. He enjoys this new status of an activist . He sounds like El Rufai, Dino Melaye and Lai Muhammed all bonded in one. The press love him. He has that natural gift to talk and he doesn't fail to put the gift into effective use. He is an interviewers delight.

The irony is that, I've studied and read the entire history of the Niger Delta struggle for emancipation, from Adaka Boro to Ken Saro wiwa, to the Kaiama declaration, yet I couldn't see a whimper from this modern day crusader . I also studied the fight against military rule, the struggle for the realization of June 12 mandate, but his name was missing . It's either he was invisible then or he hasn't understood how sweet his voice sounds.

Recently, he hosted the APC in the state and this much talked about ceremony was holed up inside the government house. This shows the level of political isolation the man has incurred on himself at home. When his supporters post pictures of the crowd that gathered, I wonder the kind of crowd that can fit into government house. But when he wants to employ teachers, he goes to the stadium .

My concern is the army of young vibrant politicians who are either tied to his structure or tied to someone who is tied to his structure. In Proverbs 2:11, King Solomon said " discretion will protect you...". The English dictionary defines discretion as the quality of behaving or speaking in such a manner that as to avoid the picking of offense or revealing information that is classified. Discretion is a virtue of any leader. When you lack it, you won't last long.

http://www.nigerianpilot.com/more-govs-set-to-dump-amaechi/

6 Likes

Re: More Govs. Set To Dump Amaechi by phantom(m): 5:36pm On Dec 26, 2013
rotimi....stubborn man! Always firing from all cylinders.the article captured him very well..grin... not taking advise is one quality he should endeavour to change in the new year

2 Likes

Re: More Govs. Set To Dump Amaechi by Dejohnbull: 5:47pm On Dec 26, 2013
(A P C) Amaechi problems continue.

3 Likes

Re: More Govs. Set To Dump Amaechi by kel4soft: 6:36pm On Dec 26, 2013
Don Xavi: • In 1880, Sunandha Kumariratana , the 19 years old Queen of Thailand drowned when her boat capsized on her way to Bang Pa-In Royal Palace.

The worrisome thing about her death is that she drowned while a couple of bodyguards and aides, most of them professional swimmers, stood by and watched. They couldn't save her. Why? Traditionally, they were forbidden to touch the queen. They didn't want to break the rules. It was better for her to die, than for them to break the laws.

Since Rotimi Amaechi became the Governor of Rivers State, through the opportunity given him by his political godfather, Dr Peter Odili, whom he has severed relationship with and even denied publicly, I've been trying to decipher who advises him. I'm beginning to suspect that nobody does . He doesn't have that DNA to use the brain or intelligence of others . He is too intelligent for that. His close associates knows this very well, so advising him seems forbidden. So, unknowingly he is isolated even amongst his supporters who cheer him on . Rumors of commissioners who were tongue lashed for disagreeing with him further helped in isolating him. He can't be helped. He knows it all. Any advise has to be in tune with his thoughts. Any contrary advise is sacrilegious .

Seriously, this mans political strategy confuses me. He seems like a man playing football without a goal post. So there is no place to even score no matter how well he plays. His target can't be seen. He picks fights at will and when he has boxed himself into a corner, he'd start playing victim. He'd tell you he drives himself and eats in public restaurants to show he is very popular and fearless , then the next moment he is crying that his security has been withdrawn even when the Rivers Police command has given the total number of police men attached to him. The last police officer we saw with him was his ADC, attempting to give someone the Aluu treatment .

Some people say he is strategizing to become Vice President in 2015, but that is not true. First of all, the man is not acting like someone who can be under another person. He lacks the ability to work with as a team player. He can't even pretend about it. He clearly can't work under anyone. He can challenge anyone to a wresting contest at the market square. Anybody who opposes him in Rivers State is trying to steal Rivers People's money.

On the other hand everyone knows that political permutations that will present a stronger challenge to Jonathan in 2015 should have an Igbo man in the team. So Rochas Okorocha, Ngige and Oby Ezekwesili stands as more suitable brides amongst the opposition . Amaechi knows this very well and understands that he is not an option .

Hear him " I have warned police not to arrest anybody who abuses me. I have mouth to abuse them back ". Yes sir, we know you have mouth. Every Nigerian knows you have mouth. Kai!, even women are jealous of your mouth. When candor gets extreme,It becomes carelessness. By the way, who told you the police needs your warning to stop arresting anybody . Jonathan receives same from mouths like yours daily and nobody is arrested. Fela said " You can't dash me human right ". As. Governor, you have so much time and energy to use your mouth in abusing any one that barks at you .

In trying to abuse Chibudom Nwuche, he said he will look for work after political office, accusing Chibudom of not looking for work and running around with politicians . I hope your ready to go back to Pamo Clinics as a hustler, bringing sick clients and collecting commission. That's the last job you had.

King Solomon once said " He who has no rule over his emotions, is like city without walls". Amaechi has confessed at times that he has been advised to be discrete in his public utterances, but he claims he can't help it when he comes out in . This is probably how he gets an erection, because he says it makes him go home and sleep comfortably. He probably doesn't know or doesn't want to know the virtue associated with discretion as a characteristics of nobility . That's why I've come to wonder if the young man has a target or he is just having fun from the attention he is getting.

When he was in court after President Obasanjo took away the party ticket which he got through a consensus arrangement, he went to almost all the pastors in Rivers State. He repeated the visits after he became governor, sharing testimonies here and there .

On assumption of office, the arrogance manifested . At the Holy Ghost Congress of the Redeemed Christian Chruch of God at Aluu, he was invited by the General overseer , Pastor Enoch Adeboye to come and bring a word of greeting to the Christian faithfuls . As soon as he climbed the podium, he said " GO, I hope all these land you people acquired has papers. Because, I've instructed the commissioner of lands to reclaim all lands without documentation . That's the kind of drama he likes . A question he would have asked in private.

In one vein he is attending peace meeting with the President, in another vein he is on BBC pouring aspersion on the President . Tomorrow, he will say he needs to consult the President . The next day, he will call him a dictator or say he is not part of his transformation agenda.

Out of the shock of seeing less than twelve governors attending his NGF retreat in Sokoto, knowing that the press can't hide that one, no matter how much brown envelopes he spreads, he quickly used his mouth against Okonji Iweala . Accusing her of stealing 5 billion dollars . When the poor lady finds time to explain and told him how much he took from the amount, he checked his pocket, found the money in his pocket and starts another round of talks, how have you been spending our money, why didnt you apporove my loan. Bla bla bla according to my friend Emy Onunwor. Sorry ma, oops, sir . But madam Ngo is afraid of a woman's mouth. Sorry, a mans mouth.

Ask him how he spent the billions that came to his pocket, he will accuse you of wanting to steal Rivers People's money. He is the new messiah of Rivers State. The first and the last. Beginning and the end. For him, the sun must rise and set over his mouth.

During the Yardua succession imbroglio . There were strong rumors that Governors Amaechi and Sylva were against Jonathan . After the crises, Jonathan became President and announced Rivers State as the first state he will be visiting, in other to mend fences and quell the rumors. On the project inspection of a model Secondary at Eleme, Jonathan praised the governor and highly commended the school. Then he committed sacrilege by trying to advise the governor . The President said " But I'd advise that subsequent schools, the students can be made to stay like four in a room rather than two, because as a teacher, I'm know that it's important for students to also bond more after school hours as this will help their academics . Thank you so much Governor Amaechi for making us proud.

Nearly grabbing the microphone from the President, Governor Amaechi shot from the hips " Thank you Mr President, but we will not do that. The students can bond more when they are in their dining halls, class rooms or during games. For now this is our plans and we are not ready to change it. I watched the newly installed President turn red with embarrassment . How dare you advise Mr Know it all.

Of all the member of the G7, the new PDP and opposition members, nobody shows greater disdain for the President than Rotimi Amaechi . You can see him glowing with joy whenever he is disparaging the President . He loves the applauds that comes with it. For him, the squaring up makes him on equal terms with the President . After all, he is the Chairman of the governors forum, a position that led him into hallucinations of having massive powers.

In the early years of Jonathan Presidency, the Nigerian security forces were faced with a new kind of insecurity. The terrorist were always one step ahead of them. Our security architecture was not prepared for this kind of challenge and they struggled to catch up . Governor Amaechi in an interview stated that leaders can be impeached on grounds of insecurity in the land. He was subtly sending a message to the National Assembly that Jonathan can be sacrificed for peace to reign .

Ironically, it was the same Amaechi who openly challenged the President for declaring a state of emergency in some northern states . Even when governors of the states involved, the Northern governors forum, PDP governors forum, southern governors forum, south south and south east governors forum, all came out to endorse the moves. Governor amaechi released a statement, under the auspices of the Nigerian governors forum attacking the move.

In politics , it's a game of people and numbers . So politicians court people, make new friends and form alliances . In the case of Amaechi it's different . He is ready to fight anybody fight able . Anybody that disgaree with him wants to come and steal Rivers Peoples money. He enjoys this new status of an activist . He sounds like El Rufai, Dino Melaye and Lai Muhammed all bonded in one. The press love him. He has that natural gift to talk and he doesn't fail to put the gift into effective use. He is an interviewers delight.

The irony is that, I've studied and read the entire history of the Niger Delta struggle for emancipation, from Adaka Boro to Ken Saro wiwa, to the Kaiama declaration, yet I couldn't see a whimper from this modern day crusader . I also studied the fight against military rule, the struggle for the realization of June 12 mandate, but his name was missing . It's either he was invisible then or he hasn't understood how sweet his voice sounds.

Recently, he hosted the APC in the state and this much talked about ceremony was holed up inside the government house. This shows the level of political isolation the man has incurred on himself at home. When his supporters post pictures of the crowd that gathered, I wonder the kind of crowd that can fit into government house. But when he wants to employ teachers, he goes to the stadium .

My concern is the army of young vibrant politicians who are either tied to his structure or tied to someone who is tied to his structure. In Proverbs 2:11, King Solomon said " discretion will protect you...". The English dictionary defines discretion as the quality of behaving or speaking in such a manner that as to avoid the picking of offense or revealing information that is classified. Discretion is a virtue of any leader. When you lack it, you won't last long.

http://www.nigerianpilot.com/more-govs-set-to-dump-amaechi/

This is an old article. The recent happenings in our politics now i.e massive decamping of PDP members to APC has prove the article wrong.

3 Likes

Re: More Govs. Set To Dump Amaechi by Alxmyr(m): 6:54pm On Dec 26, 2013
kel4soft:

This is an old article. The recent happenings in our politics now i.e massive decamping of PDP members to APC has prove the article wrong.
Funny.
But the recent happening has not proved Sardauna Christmas message wrong?

5 Likes

Re: More Govs. Set To Dump Amaechi by IbokUtoroh(m): 7:15pm On Dec 26, 2013
kudos to op, thnx for enlightening us more. to ameachi lets see how ur loud mouf will save u. i dey sidon look.

1 Like

Re: More Govs. Set To Dump Amaechi by dBard: 8:52pm On Dec 26, 2013
phantom: rotimi....stubborn man! Always firing from all cylinders.the article captured him very well..grin... not taking advise is one quality he should endeavour to change in the new year

shocked shocked shocked
O.M.G !!
Phantom has dumped Amaechi! grin
Re: More Govs. Set To Dump Amaechi by phantom(m): 9:37pm On Dec 26, 2013
dBard:

shocked shocked shocked
O.M.G !!
Phantom has dumped Amaechi! grin
abeg leave matter.he has he's faults but he's still my man anyday.

1 Like

Re: More Govs. Set To Dump Amaechi by aventura: 10:04pm On Dec 26, 2013
It was revealed that the reason why he was in London to see an ill chime was to drag him into his fight with Jonathan. Amaechi is like a sinking ship that drags pulls everything with it.

1 Like

Re: More Govs. Set To Dump Amaechi by vizboy(m): 10:13pm On Dec 26, 2013
nice write up.

I have to say, been a team player in politics is amust. And ameachi I do like the guy #nohomo has got to learn hw things works then he would understand that been a team player is inportant
Re: More Govs. Set To Dump Amaechi by wirinet(m): 10:39pm On Dec 26, 2013
I agree with most of what is written about amaechi thought I support him in the Jonathan/Amaechi roforofo fight. The problem is that the Jonathan camp gravely mismanaged the situation. The mismanaged the governorship forum elections, they mismanaged the river's state assembly crisis, they even mismanaged the sacking of the local government chairman (cant remember the name now )

they should know that Nigerians love the underdog that is why the David vs Goliath story is popular. Nigerians and the media would always support the underdog against a powerful oppressive opponent. It was his underdog syndrome that made Nigerians in general fight vehemently to have Jonathan installed as acting president when he seems powerless against the cabal. it is still the underdog syndrome (I had no shoes ).that make people vote for Jonathan across Nigeria. So it is very wrong strategy by goodluck and patience to use the overwhelming apparatus of the state to be fighting Amaechi. immediately you people adopted that strategy people began to see amaechi as David fighting Goliath.

I personally do not like the way amaechi has personalize the fight with Jonathan and he makes it seems as If the reason he is supporting the aggrieved PDP governors is all about getting back oil Wells from bayelsa. To me this will alienate other governors of the north who complain of party dictatorship by the tukur led executives

3 Likes

Re: More Govs. Set To Dump Amaechi by Tekzyflex(m): 10:46pm On Dec 26, 2013
I pity is followers....Ameachi is like a pawn in chess.The northerners are using him.

1 Like

Re: More Govs. Set To Dump Amaechi by Nobody: 11:01pm On Dec 26, 2013
With the support of Yoruba leaders such as Femi Fani Kayode and other APC leaders, Amaechi will soar. I am with him all the way!
Re: More Govs. Set To Dump Amaechi by Kewt: 11:09pm On Dec 26, 2013
wirinet: I agree with most of what is written about amaechi thought I support him in the Jonathan/Amaechi roforofo fight. The problem is that the Jonathan camp gravely mismanaged the situation. The mismanaged the governorship forum elections, they mismanaged the river's state assembly crisis, they even mismanaged the sacking of the local government chairman (cant remember the name now )

they should know that Nigerians love the underdog that is why the David vs Goliath story is popular. Nigerians and the media would always support the underdog against a powerful oppressive opponent. It was his underdog syndrome that made Nigerians in general fight vehemently to have Jonathan installed as acting president when he seems powerless against the cabal. it is still the underdog syndrome (I had no shoes ).that make people vote for Jonathan across Nigeria. So it is very wrong strategy by goodluck and patience to use the overwhelming apparatus of the state to be fighting Amaechi. immediately you people adopted that strategy people began to see amaechi as David fighting Goliath.

I personally do not like the way amaechi has personalize the fight with Jonathan and he makes it seems as If the reason he is supporting the aggrieved PDP governors is all about getting back oil Wells from bayelsa. To me this will alienate other governors of the north who complain of party dictatorship by the tukur led executives

Very good observation!
Re: More Govs. Set To Dump Amaechi by Abok1(m): 11:40pm On Dec 26, 2013
I am quite taken aback by the pessimism of the author of this article. While the author might be armed with salient points, the one-sidedness of his observation plays a disservice to the intent of the entire write up. This leads to my suspicion that the article is sponsored to ridicule the person of the governor.

This wouldn't be surprising as our dear Nelipot president would go to any length to achieve his aim of quashing the opposition, while this to me feels like a sciamachy and an effeminate attempt at attacking a perceived political opponent, GEJ could do with a little bit of finesse in his approach.

1 Like

Re: More Govs. Set To Dump Amaechi by ratiken(m): 11:59pm On Dec 26, 2013
Neither APC nor PDP can ever take Amaechi seriously. He will be used to achieve political aims and dumped like its hot afterwards. No group will build a formidable structure around a man with very careless and lousy attributes.

1 Like

Re: More Govs. Set To Dump Amaechi by Andyblaze: 12:45am On Dec 27, 2013
Wow....

Meanwhile you won't believe this - www.nairaland.com/1569922/conscience-pricking-me-over-issue
Re: More Govs. Set To Dump Amaechi by kel4soft: 7:05am On Dec 27, 2013
IMO, Amaechi has nothing to lose as a politician even he is remove or he fails to install a successor. Reasons been that bar, Saraki and Sambo, I don't think we have former Governors dictating for their successors how to run their governments. Just take a look at our present states Governors, they are in one fight or the other with their predecessors. Enugu, Akwa Ibom Bauchi, Gombe etc comes to mind.

I brought the above just make a point, that not influencing a successor doesn't make you gone into political oblivion. I think, this is Amaechi's tenure, he knows his state more than the writer of this article (not the OP of the thread).

In conclusion, Amaechi arrogant nature helped the state in moving her from a stale state. A true Rivers man cannot deny how he has reposition the state for a better tomorrow.

Whoever succeeds him, will have little to do to transform the state to what we all needed.

Amaechi might be a traitor, arrogant, selfish man now, but I believe tomorrow when he is out of power, we will now understand if truly he fought for his pocket.
Re: More Govs. Set To Dump Amaechi by talktimi(m): 7:12am On Dec 27, 2013
cramjones: With the support of Yoruba leaders such as Femi Fani Kayode and other APC leaders, Amaechi will soar. I am with him all the way!
grin I like your sense of humour grin
Re: More Govs. Set To Dump Amaechi by talktimi(m): 7:29am On Dec 27, 2013
kel4soft: IMO, Amaechi has nothing to lose as a politician even he is remove or he fails to install a successor. Reasons been that bar, Saraki and Sambo, I don't think we have former Governors dictating for their successors how to run their governments. Just take a look at our present states Governors, they are in one fight or the other with their predecessors. Enugu, Akwa Ibom Bauchi, Gombe etc comes to mind.

I brought the above just make a point, that not influencing a successor doesn't make you gone into political oblivion. I think, this is Amaechi's tenure, he knows his state more than the writer of this article (not the OP of the thread).

In conclusion, Amaechi arrogant nature helped the state in moving her from a stale state. A true Rivers man cannot deny how he has reposition the state for a better tomorrow.

Whoever succeeds him, will have little to do to transform the state to what we all needed.

Amaechi might be a traitor, arrogant, selfish man now, but I believe tomorrow when he is out of power, we will now understand if truly he fought for his pocket.
are you from/work in or based in Rivers state ? If you were talking about his first tenure then no wahala but this 2nd tenure has most of his "developmental" projects based in his mouth. Once again I ask, where is the mega hospital project he entered into with clinotech of Canada of which he took 150 million dollars loan ? How come he still finds it VERY difficult to finish phase 1a of the monorail project of which he took 318 million dollars loan ? Is the monorail project more important than providing water for ph residents of which just a part of that money could have gone a long way in reviving the mile 1 and Rumuola water works ? This is a season of "body language" ask Fashola if he doesnt think Amaechi is a yeye talker. I support him when he does things to be commended about but nowadays, he seems to spend more time goofing.

1 Like

Re: More Govs. Set To Dump Amaechi by israel007: 9:09am On Dec 27, 2013
Dude has a major problem.
Re: More Govs. Set To Dump Amaechi by Olastep(m): 10:26am On Dec 27, 2013
Mallam Ameachi nooni
Re: More Govs. Set To Dump Amaechi by Kingspin(m): 10:33am On Dec 27, 2013
Anybody who disagree the write up should humbly go examine his character.
Re: More Govs. Set To Dump Amaechi by Dlionsheart: 10:54am On Dec 27, 2013
cramjones: With the support of Yoruba leaders such as Femi Fani Kayode and other APC leaders, Amaechi will soar. I am with him all the way!

you're with the wrong camp my brother.
About 90% of Yorubas (especially their politicians) are betrayals, traitors and unstable. Go back into history, from pre-colonial to pre-independence, from post-independence to the civil war, from the civil war through periods of military rules to the present day Nigeria. No true Yoruba person will want to sink down with a South South man or any tribe, except its in their own interest.

As for the North, they're using him and will dump him when the time comes. The North love themselves (and more so if you're a Moslem) as against the South and Ameachi - a Christian.

I said this with all sense of respect and patriotism without any intends of discrimination against tribes or religions, pls.
Re: More Govs. Set To Dump Amaechi by Longeria(m): 2:52pm On Dec 27, 2013
Who? Fani kayode?

Mtcheeeeew

1 Like

Re: More Govs. Set To Dump Amaechi by IdomaLikita: 4:23pm On Dec 27, 2013
wirinet: I agree with most of what is written about amaechi thought I support him in the Jonathan/Amaechi roforofo fight. The problem is that the Jonathan camp gravely mismanaged the situation. The mismanaged the governorship forum elections, they mismanaged the river's state assembly crisis, they even mismanaged the sacking of the local government chairman (cant remember the name now )

You killed it Sir! Kudos
Re: More Govs. Set To Dump Amaechi by olabukola: 5:15pm On Dec 27, 2013
I have inside info from APC that Amaechi is just with them put not part of them. Due to the way he talk some info are not passed to him.
Re: More Govs. Set To Dump Amaechi by talktimi(m): 6:16pm On Dec 27, 2013
olabukola: I have inside info from APC that Amaechi is just with them put not part of them. Due to the way he talk some info are not passed to him.
if your spouse/sibling or friend talks anyhow, would you let such a person in on your secrets ?

(1) (Reply)

Prophecies For 2014: "Patience Jonathan May Die" – Primate Ayodele / Buhari’s Certificate: Attacks Backfire On Jonathan / Victor Attah And Don Etiebet Defects To APC With 50,000 Supporters!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.