Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,505 members, 7,808,857 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:03 PM

Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) - Fashion (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) (858307 Views)

Run Way Photos From Valisimo Fashion Show.Enjoy / Lagos Party...........get Inspration On Styles To Sew.......(valisimo Fashions) / Fashion School Practicals......enjoy The Pics (from Valisimo Fashion School) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by patternschool: 6:47pm On Feb 20, 2018
THIS TUTORIAL IS A TEENY-WEENY PART OF OUR ONLINE COURSE IN DRAFTING THE BASIC PATTERN SET WHICH INCLUDES OTHER TOPICS LIKE
- TAKING ACCURATE MEASUREMENT AND FREE MEASUREMENT CHART
- FRONT BODICE DRAFT
- BACK BODICE DRAFT
- SKIRT DRAFT (FRONT AND BACK)
- BASIC SLEEVE DRAFT (including armhole depth size chart)
- TROUSER DRAFT
COURSE FEE - 5000 Naira
To join our WhatsApp group where we have free fun projects and do free tutorials, send a WhatsApp message containing your email address and name to 08183210638 .
To register for the course, also send a WhatsApp message to 08183210638 indicating your interest.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by patternschool: 6:51pm On Feb 20, 2018
SEWING TUTORIALS
HOW TO SEW PENCIL SKIRT

MEASUREMENTS NEEDED

1. WAIST CIRCUMFRENCE; Measure the circumference of your body at your navel. This measurement should be taken with your abdomen relaxed.

2. HIP CIRCUMFRENCE; Measure the widest area of your hip with the tape rule parallel to the floor.

3. DESIRED LENGTH OF YOUR PENCIL SKIRT; Measure vertically from your navel to the point on your knee or calf where you want the skirt to stop.

NB; for this project our measurements include;
Waist circumference= 28inches
Hip circumference= 40 inches
Skirt length= 22 inches

CALCULATIONS REQUIRED TO DRAFT PATTERN

4. WAIST CIRCUMFRENCE /4
Using our above sample measurements, we should have 28/4 = 7inches
5. HIP CIRCUMFRENCE/4
We should have 40/4 = 10 Inches

EXPLANATION OF DIAGRAM

A-C = D-F = G-I = Desired length of skirt
A-D = D-G = B-E = E-H = C-F = F-I = (hip circumference/4) + ¼ inches ease
Dart placement for back pattern;
A-J = (waist circumference/4) + ¼ inches ease + 2 inches dart intake.
{using the sample measurement, we should have ; (28/4) + ¼ + 2
= 7+ ¼ + 2
= 9 ¼

A-K = Dart placement; this is the measurement of the centre back waist to the side princess line or the first leg of the dart.
{ using our ssample measurement, our dart placement would be 3 ½ inches.}

K-M = N-P = Dart intake : This is the distance between the two legs of the dart. Dart intake should be 1 inch.

L and O are the centre points of the darts. Thus, K-L = L-M = N-O = O-P = ½ inch

Length of dart for back pattern;
L-Q = 0- R = D-S = Length of dart for back pattern. The length of the dart for the back should be between 5 ½ to 6 inches depending on whether the person is petite, medium or large.
{ using our sample measurement, we shall use 5 ½ as the length of our back dart}.

Distance between the two darts at the back:
The distance between the two darts should be 1 ¼ to 1 ½ inches
Thus , M-N = 1 ¼ inches.

HIPLINE (BEH) ;
The hipline is horizontal line which is 7 inches away from the waist line (ADG).

Pencilling your skirt;
To pencil your skirt, use (hip circumference/4) – 1 ¼
{thus, using our sample measurement, the with of the base of our skirt should be ( 40/4) – 1 ¼
= 10 – 1 ¼
= 8 ¾ inches

Thus , measure and mark 8 ¾ inches rightwards from point C along the CFI horizontal line and name the point F^
Then , from point E measure and mark ¾ inches southwards along the DEF vertical line . connect this new point to point F^ using a slightly curved diagonal line.

Dart placement for front pattern;
G-J^ = (waist circumference/4) + ¼ inches ease + 2 inches dart intake.
{using the sample measurement, we should have ; (28/4) + ¼ + 2
= 7+ ¼ + 2
= 9 ¼

G-Y = Dart placement; this is the measurement of the centre front waist to the side princess line or the first leg of the dart.
{ using our ssample measurement, our dart placement would be 3 ½ inches.}

T-V = W-Y = Dart intake : This is the distance between the two legs of the dart. Dart intake should be 1 inch.

U and X are the centre points of the darts. Thus, T-U = U-V = W-X = X-Y = ½ inch

Length of dart for front pattern;
UZ= UZ^ = Length of dart for front pattern. The length of the dart for the front should be between 3 ½ to 4 ½ inches depending on whether the person is petite, medium or large.
{ using our sample measurement, we shall use 4 inches as the length of our back dart}.

Distance between the two darts in front:
The distance between the two darts should be 1 ¼ to 1 ½ inches
Thus , V-W = 1 ¼ inches.

HIPLINE (BEH) ;
The hipline is horizontal line which is 7 inches away from the waist line (ADG).

Pencilling your skirt;
To pencil your skirt, use (hip circumference/4) – 1 ¼
{thus, using our sample measurement, the width of the base of our skirt should be ( 40/4) – 1 ¼
= 10 – 1 ¼
= 8 ¾ inches

Thus , measure and mark 8 ¾ inches leftwards from point I along the CFI horizontal line and name the point F^
Then , from point E measure and mark ¾ inches southwards along the DEF vertical line . connect this new point to point F^ using a slightly curved diagonal line.
AND PADDAWWW WE HAVE THE FRONT AND BACK PATTERNS FOR OUR SKIRT!!! I TRUST THIS WAS SUPER EASY AND FUN.
NB;
THIS TUTORIAL IS A TEENY-WEENY PART OF OUR ONLINE COURSE IN DRAFTING THE BASIC PATTERN SET WHICH INCLUDES OTHER TOPICS LIKE
- FRONT BODICE DRAFT
- BACK BODICE DRAFT
- SKIRT DRAFT (FRONT AND BACK)
- BASIC SLEEVE DRAFT (including armhole depth size chart)
COURSE FEE - 5000 Naira

To register for the course, also send a WhatsApp message to 08183210638 indicating your interest.
UNIVERSITY OF PATTERN DRAFTING
universityofpatterndrafting@gmail.com

how to sew pencil skirt / how to sew ankara skirt / drafting the pattern for your pencil skirt - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ7kOEbNews&t=22s&spfreload=10

4 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Mayorgold123: 10:52pm On Feb 21, 2018
Good evening peeps, pls i am in dire need of a sewing machine. where and how much can i get one.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by NiffyJay(f): 2:04pm On Apr 30, 2018
Dressmaking by Alison smith for sale
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by isokey: 6:17pm On May 10, 2018
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Herdeydeen: 12:08pm On May 11, 2018
Nice one sis
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by tatacherie: 12:29am On Aug 11, 2018
Wow awesome thread
Kudos to the op
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by omalichaB(f): 3:51pm On Aug 29, 2018
goforwardagu:
hello Efosa,tanks for all u have been impacting to ur students but pls i want to ask

you for a favour. can u do a pattern draft or use diagrams on paper like u used to so we can understand beta?

cos the chalk mark on the fabric is not so visible for use to see and compare with ours.

thanks so much for ur time and patience.God bless u real good smiley
pls did she finally do a draft pattern on a paper. thanks
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Ezibless: 4:38pm On Sep 15, 2018
[quote author=fruitfulhome post=45566159]congrats Efosa. God bless ur family.

plz friends also forward the e-book to me. lilbornb@gmail.com. thanks [/kquote]

Hello dear sewmate.
I am really in need of a reliable eBook for sewing. Could you send he eBook to me too.

My email address...
ezibless@gmail.com

Thanks a lot in anticipation
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by graciamore(f): 10:31pm On Sep 17, 2018
please sisters someone should help me with the eBook
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by kyos: 12:39am On Sep 18, 2018
SimplySpryLogistics #SSL is available to handle your pick up & delivery requests & needs, to make your B2B or door to door process seamless. We handle EXPRESS (i.e imperatively same day delivery) & EMERGENCY (i.e immediate) requests, round Lagos Metropolis. You can call 08099448135 or WhatsApp (only) 08090526171. You can also follow us on;
IG: @simplysprylogistics
Twitter: @SimplySpry_L
FB: Simply Spry Logistics

We are courteous, reliable & spry!!!
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by DebTem(f): 5:45am On Sep 20, 2018
I don't know if its right posting this here....But i need help with my sewing machine.

The elastic i fixed to the handwheel keeps coming off whenever i'm "marching" the machine. And its annoying and frustrating.

I've tried everything i can think of,yet no result.

Please,I'll appreciate if anyone can read this and give me a solution.

Thank you.
P:S- What's the right word for that "marching" I used?.... Lol.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by SensaGreene: 9:19am On Sep 20, 2018
Promo! Promo!! Promo!!!

N10,000 bridesmaid promo by Sensa Greene.
To get in touch, kindly call/whatsapp 08132560057

http://facebook.com/sensagreenebridals
http://instagram.com/sensagreene

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by xterdynamic(f): 10:33am On Nov 09, 2018
Follow this link to join my WhatsApp group: https:///HUHufAnmIxkDbvQnQJCLbi

*SECOND BATCH*

*HIP AND BUTT PADDING TUTORIAL!*

*Do you ever wonder how top designers make their dress so curvy?*
Learn how to give more fitting to your clothes and your clients clothes with just #2000.

*COURSE OUTLINE*
✔️Introduction to hip pad/ hip and butt pad.

✔️ How To Take Accurate Measurements for hip pad and Hip and Butt pad.

✔️How to draft Hip pad pattern

✔️How to draft Hip and butt pad

✔️How to transfer the pattern to the Foam.

✔️ Pad /How to achieve neat finishing for the pad.

✔️How to transfer the pad to the main fabric.

✔️Test fit of the hip/Hip&butt pad.

*10 free sewing e-books for all*

Training Start Date:

*Thursday, 15th November 2018*

*Time: 9pm daily*

*Duration: 3 days*

*Method of teaching: Text and more of videos*

*Training Fee: N2000 but*

*First 10 persons pay N1000*

*The next 10 persons pay N1500*
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by kcwitch(m): 6:37am On Nov 16, 2018
Anywhere in Lagos they take short classes on male tailoring (native wears or suit). I just need some refining.

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by missyblissy: 8:36am On Dec 01, 2018
Mayorgold123:
Good evening peeps, pls i am in dire need of a sewing machine. where and how much can i get one.

You can get one at Mushin. I bougnt mine for 32k or 28k
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by missyblissy: 8:38am On Dec 01, 2018
DebTem:
I don't know if its right posting this here....But i need help with my sewing machine.

The elastic i fixed to the handwheel keeps coming off whenever i'm "marching" the machine. And its annoying and frustrating.

I've tried everything i can think of,yet no result.

Please,I'll appreciate if anyone can read this and give me a solution.

Thank you.
P:S- What's the right word for that "marching" I used?.... Lol.

If you have tailors in. Your area asked them for help. They will assist if directing you to someone that repairs machine and and its not a major problem. They may also tell you how to fix it
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by DebTem(f): 3:52pm On Dec 01, 2018
missyblissy:

If you have tailors in. Your area asked them for help. They will assist if directing you to someone that repairs machine and and its not a major problem. They may also tell you how to fix it
Yeah,Thanks a lot.

I've gotten a solution to it. MYSELF.
grin
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by sauDi1: 12:07pm On Dec 29, 2018
xterdynamic:
Follow this link to join my WhatsApp group: https:///HUHufAnmIxkDbvQnQJCLbi

*SECOND BATCH*

*HIP AND BUTT PADDING TUTORIAL!*

*Do you ever wonder how top designers make their dress so curvy?*
Learn how to give more fitting to your clothes and your clients clothes with just #2000.

*COURSE OUTLINE*
✔️Introduction to hip pad/ hip and butt pad.

✔️ How To Take Accurate Measurements for hip pad and Hip and Butt pad.

✔️How to draft Hip pad pattern

✔️How to draft Hip and butt pad

✔️How to transfer the pattern to the Foam.

✔️ Pad /How to achieve neat finishing for the pad.

✔️How to transfer the pad to the main fabric.

✔️Test fit of the hip/Hip&butt pad.

*10 free sewing e-books for all*

Training Start Date:

*Thursday, 15th November 2018*

*Time: 9pm daily*

*Duration: 3 days*

*Method of teaching: Text and more of videos*

*Training Fee: N2000 but*

*First 10 persons pay N1000*

*The next 10 persons pay N1500*

Hi, please is this course still available.
I can't access the link
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 6:13pm On Jan 01, 2019
Who missed me here........

6 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 6:19pm On Jan 01, 2019
Would you like to become a professional fashion designer. Add us on whatsapp to get registration details

+2348096577157

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 7:58pm On Jan 01, 2019
Happy New year people. More blessings in 2019. Go out there and conquer your world!
If you missed it check out the video tutorial to replicate this 12-piece dress. Click on the link below.
http://valisimofashions.com/12-piece-dress-tutorial/

To chat with our customer care rep on enrolling in the Valisimo Fashion School click this WhatsApp link http:///send?phone=2348096577157

2 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 9:34pm On Jan 01, 2019
cheesy you can now get detailed tutorial from us at Valisimo fashion school on our blog..... grin amazing right

Click link below http://valisimofashions.com/trendy-dress-with-flare-design/

2 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 2:12pm On Jan 02, 2019
Click the link to follow the easy steps to make this lovely blouse ➡➡➡ http://valisimofashions.com/how-to-make-ankara-over-lapped-peplum-top/

3 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by tatacherie: 6:14am On Jan 06, 2019
EFOSAVAL:
Who missed me here........
Yea ma role model missed you kiss
Pls is valisimo fashion in Benin city?
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by jbblues24(m): 3:51pm On Jun 01, 2019
I like to say things twice, say things twice. It can get annoying though, annoying though. angry
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Arinpeh: 4:12pm On Nov 23, 2019
Pls help a sis with materials or textbooks on pattern drafting
hassandami01@gmail.com thanks
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Galactico4ever(m): 1:01am On Jul 22, 2020
Modified.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by khady22: 6:09pm On Oct 26, 2020
pls I want to learn how to fix breast pad and how to cut it

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (Reply)

Pictures Of Various Ankara/kente Styles / Best Skin Lightening/toning Soap / ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.