Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,535 members, 7,808,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

Who Is Terry G? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Who Is Terry G? (63597 Views)

Is Terry Tha Rapmans 'b.a.n.s Is The Motto' A Wack Track??? Find Out / Terry G´s New Songs / Terry G Is On Drugs!?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Terry G? by kizzymack(m): 3:23pm On Aug 04, 2008
I didn't think much of the guy when i saw it @ volay (jade palace), but then I heard 'case u neva know' by 2shotz, i love tha beat.

i started listening to some of his stuff, dude is a preety talented producer/singer.

what dyu guys think?
Re: Who Is Terry G? by owolomo(m): 8:21pm On Aug 04, 2008
abeg jor na only one style of beat the guy sabi do, HE NDS CREATIVITY, and the style sef na reggae ton, na wa oooo, but he don master the style so u can say he is good sha
Re: Who Is Terry G? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 04, 2008
Haven't you heard Love You Sexy?
Re: Who Is Terry G? by owolomo(m): 10:41pm On Aug 04, 2008
yes i have , tell me the beat no sound the same, all he did was chng up few things, the bass line still same shit, prove me wrong plssss
Re: Who Is Terry G? by Shaz(f): 12:16pm On Aug 05, 2008
Who is he?
Re: Who Is Terry G? by Baro(m): 9:16am On Aug 06, 2008
Terry G is a young talented vocalist, used to be a backup singer to FAZE, was supposed to get signed to FAZE'S label INDEPENDENT, but he got a bit ambitious,went on to release his debut album on the stable of Bluemoon entertainment. He titled the album "Free Me", which many think is directed at FAZE his erstwhile mentor.

He is a producer too, with 2Shotz ft. Timaya "In case you never know" and a host of other songs to his credit

Presently his hit single "luv u Sexy" and his collabo with 2Shots "If u dont mind" are very air friendly
Re: Who Is Terry G? by sexyalhaji: 10:26pm On Mar 30, 2009
Terry G, Well if Una day talk say the Guy No try, Yawa for Una oooo , Omo check up that beat love you sexy, And the guy self, Ohh Boy, you be Original Shamayan Guy ooo Terry G,
Re: Who Is Terry G? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Mar 30, 2009
owolomo:

yes i have , tell me the beat no sound the same, all he did was chng up few things, the bass line still same shit, prove me wrong plssss
That's Terry G for you.
Re: Who Is Terry G? by Ugobaba(m): 3:34pm On Jun 05, 2009
I am listening to his music now titled if you dont mind with 2short, Men that Guy is really Creative, I love him.
Re: Who Is Terry G? by obiem(m): 10:56am On Jun 08, 2009
Benue state born Amanyi Oche Gabriel a.k.a Terry G is a fast rising hip hop/ Rnb act. He also doubles as a producer. He began as a protege of ex plantashun boi, Faze. He was on course to get a deal from Faze's album label, Independent entertainment before he got a mega deal from Bluemoon entertainment which he opted for, raising rumours that he had a beef with Faze, the reason why he left and all that.

See http://naijamusicbiz./2008/05/20/terry-g-says-E2%80%-free-me-is-not-directed-at-faze/

Since then, he has moved on, coming out with an album and also making a statement producing for top artistes like 2shotz feat Timaya, Illbliss etc.
Re: Who Is Terry G? by xJaysonx(m): 11:46am On Jun 08, 2009
Terry G is very talented. I listened to many songs i loved and didn't know he was the backbone behind them. Awesome, awesome. . . I have been bumping Enuff Space/Aiye Gbogbon By ill-Bliss Feat. Terry-G. I love this song, Terry-G really did a great job on the beat and perfectly well on the hook. Great song!
Re: Who Is Terry G? by Tonyet1(m): 11:55am On Jun 08, 2009
too artificial, hmm i dont know, could it be mi or . . .
Re: Who Is Terry G? by Fimmy(m): 12:12pm On Jun 08, 2009
Terry G is one of the best in Nigeria now, though his album isnt that cool to me but his collabos are really great
Re: Who Is Terry G? by BABE3: 3:00am On Jun 14, 2009
terry G wink kiss, my guy, am passin him my luv kiss
Re: Who Is Terry G? by russellino: 2:58pm On Jun 15, 2009
In a nutshell Terry G is an artiste/super beatmaker responsible for many hit tracks on rotation. He released an album which though heavy on the production end didnt establish him as a major star. He found break-out fame when he produced 2 shots' "in case you never know" featuring Timaya. His love for the reggaeton beat has seen him retain that style though he seems to imprint his own style strongly on every track. He has continued to be the favourite beatmaker in Nigeria as evidenced from hits he has produced and featured including "Pass me your love" by A.Y.com , "Aye Po Gan" by Illbliss, "One by One" by Side One among others. He's been criticised for producing beats that sound the same but beatmakers with strong personalities like timbaland, pharrell and scott storch have similar sounding beats.Make no mistake the guy knows how to make people dance.
Re: Who Is Terry G? by russellino: 3:00pm On Jun 15, 2009
In a nutshell Terry G is an artiste/super beatmaker responsible for many hit tracks on rotation. He released an album which though heavy on the production end didnt establish him as a major star. He found break-out fame when he produced 2 shots' "in case you never know" featuring Timaya. His love for the reggaeton beat has seen him retain that style though he seems to imprint his own style strongly on every track. He has continued to be the favourite beatmaker in Nigeria as evidenced from hits he has produced and featured including "Pass me your love" by A.Y.com , "Aye Po Gan"  by Illbliss, "One by One" by Side One among others. He's been criticised for producing beats that sound the same but beatmakers with strong personalities like timbaland, pharrell and scott storch have similar sounding beats.Make no mistake the guy knows how to make people dance.
Re: Who Is Terry G? by toluwalomo(m): 3:12pm On Jun 15, 2009
If you are gonna criticize the guy, let it be on another platform and not that his beats sound the same.

Cuz his beats are recognizable don't mean they sound the same.

Erick Sermon, Wu-tang's RZA, Havoc of Mobb Deep are cats who use the same bass lines and instruments on just about any track they lace, so after selling millions of records later, what does that make them?

When someone just does not conform to standards, it's a problem.

He is a signature producer.

He does not have to huff and puff like Diddy over a track, for you to know he produced it.

Hate it or love it. Terry G is the HIT DOCTOR, 2SHOT, ILL BLISS, AY.COM,

You want a hot dance track you go see him.

The guy needs to choose who he works with sha, to build an impressive roster. All dem wannabees could be counter-productive.
Re: Who Is Terry G? by buttercop(m): 7:32pm On Jun 16, 2009
as far as i'm concerned, that guy is too "razz". i mean he's too local. he was all over the place in "pass me ur love" where illbliss featured him. i didn't like the song at all cos of him
Re: Who Is Terry G? by BABE3: 8:22pm On Jun 16, 2009
buttercop:

as far as i'm concerned, that guy is too "razz". i mean he's too local. he was all over the place in "pass me ur love" where illbliss featured him. i didn't like the song at all cos of him
abeg abeg, leave my terry G alone ooo, wadu mean hes razz, asif ur not razzer, .hisss. , grin
Re: Who Is Terry G? by russellino: 1:10pm On Jun 17, 2009
@ buttercop

abeg the guy is too much. love it or leave it. Aye Po Gan!!
Re: Who Is Terry G? by khanye(m): 1:22pm On Jun 17, 2009
buttercop:

shocked
Re: Who Is Terry G? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jun 17, 2009
khanye:

shocked
cry grin grin grin
Re: Who Is Terry G? by dolani(f): 12:30am On Jun 23, 2009
HOPE OFF HIS manliness. EVRY HATER N CRITICIZERS NEED 2 LISTEN 2 HIS SONGS WITH AN OPEN, N U SHULD BE IN UR YOUTHS TO FULLY UNDERSTAND HIS MUSIC. AIGHT. ITS SUPPOSE 2 B DANCEABLE FUNN ENRGETIC. I LUV HIS MUSIC!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Who Is Terry G? by cheta02(m): 3:28am On Jun 23, 2009
hey lol . .terry G my guy sha,but his album aint that massive like we all expected,i cant 4 get that song with 2shot and timaya he was really a bomb.ride on Terry but pls work harder if u must give us an album next time.its like that nothing do u do cool
Re: Who Is Terry G? by Ninigirl(f): 6:32am On Jun 24, 2009
Its i and Terry killing it on the dancefloor when we meet.
One day
Re: Who Is Terry G? by dedeike: 4:25pm On Jun 27, 2009
Terry G is not only creative, He's talented, artistic, fantastic, outstanding, to say the least. Try out ;aiye po gan ft Ill bliss, God U're too much(Timaya) Like play, Like play (Kelly Handsome), Ma se mi le se (ft Kioma) Kpef dey Go, Fast Cash(AY.com & 2shotz, just to mention a few. For all U haterz, Free him now,
Re: Who Is Terry G? by sjeezy8: 3:29am On Jul 13, 2009
man i hate when people say local or RAZZ the guy is what the majority of naija peeps in thier 20's are ,

people say the same about d banj RAZZ if they weren't the way they are naija music would not be recognizable as coming from naija WE NEED OUR OWN STYLE and use it like the jamaicans did they ave everyone listenin to reggae/dancehall and the culture in parties , SLOWLY PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO BE LIKE US
Re: Who Is Terry G? by lalaboi(m): 10:25am On Jul 13, 2009
He is one swagger jacker lik that who loves making money off other peoples things lol
Re: Who Is Terry G? by khanye(m): 12:03pm On Jul 13, 2009
lalaboi:

He is one swagger jacker lik that who loves making money off other peoples things lol

Free em! tongue
Re: Who Is Terry G? by Younik: 4:23pm On Sep 05, 2009
Me i no wan see any body iru di ka monkey
infact if u dey vex u be enemy of progress
make una lif terry G alone,Terry G say- Free Me!!!
Re: Who Is Terry G? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Sep 06, 2009
na him be the ginger the ginger na him be the swager the swagger.mad man like ginger interlectual ganja
Re: Who Is Terry G? by oclar: 8:39am On Sep 08, 2009
men all of una wey dey say terry G nor good make una fink were go start from
for example is it bad dat terry G is practicing lil wayne and in due cause dont u tink he can meet up with dem and even bit dem nigerian appreciate wat u have music is not an easy thing

love him or hate

TERRY G GATS DE SWAGGA.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Are You Listening To Right Now? / Your Take On Don Jazzy And Olamide's Beef On Headies Award? / Peruvian Government Reacts To Fireboy DML & Ed Sheeran "Peru"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.