Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

New Rule For 2014 - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / New Rule For 2014 (2646 Views)

Full Text Of Apostle Suleman's Prophesies For 2014 / The Golden Rule For Christians / Muhammed And The Iddah Rule For Widows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Rule For 2014 by okeyxyz(m): 7:53pm On Jan 04, 2014
plaetton:

Honestly, I cannot believe that you can say something like this.
Therein lies all of the conflicts of humanity.
"My belief is the true one".

It is quite funny that you using and displaying the very mindset that makes religion evil and laughable to justify religion.

Okay, so does the fact that there are many conflicting claims to the truth about God(or any subject for that matter) preclude the existence of God? or does these conflicts nullify all claims because they don't agree? Of course truth remains one and unshakable, regardless of it's misunderstandings. The flaw in your logic is to hold an absolute conclusion that there cannot be a God simply because of these disagreements. It's wiser to say that none that you'd heard so far has satisfied your enquiries about God rather than to say "God cannot exist".

plaetton:
You are also displaying a great deal of ignorance if you are unaware that christianity is a contrived religion, made of of the philosophies,myths and traditions of many many ancient cultures.
That is an indisputable historical fact.
So, to say that the true ideas of god are definitely christian shows a level of ignorance that I somehow thought you were well above.

Therein lies your ignorance. You use patterns and co-incidences to decide facts and history. If I challenged you to name these pagan roots of christianity, you'd simply reel out a list of catholic beliefs and practices which themselves has no basis in christian doctrines that are laid out in the new-testament. Or you point me to relationships to krishna, bhudda, Horus, Amun, etc, which relationships have been thoroughly investigated and proven to be falsehood peddled by christian antagonist like Asharia-S, Jordan Maxwell, Gerald Massey, etc. If you truly think these claims are true, then here is your opportunity to win $1000. No body has yet been able to provide authoritative proofs/texts of these claims that christianity is simply a rehash of ancient religions, the antagonist who started these myths have fled at every opportunity offered them to defend their publications. Also, consider the uncanny co-incidences between the lives of Abraham Lincoln and John. F. Kennedy(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lincoln–Kennedy_coincidences_urban_legend) , If not that we have recent documents establishing that these are infact two different individuals, people like you will come here claiming that John. F. Kennedy never existed(Just as you claim Jesus never existed) and that he's just a rehash of Abraham Lincoln.

Sorry Bros, all your beliefs and arguments against christianity are the real myths, not christianity itself.
Re: New Rule For 2014 by okeyxyz(m): 8:15pm On Jan 04, 2014
plaetton:
Lie.

Perhaps your own kitchen variety christianity.
And again, this buttresses my point.
Everyone cooks up the perfect religion,the perfect christianity according the their own kitchen ingredients.

The Christianity that came from Palestine, the only one we know for that matter, sees as it's primary legitimate duty, to stand in opposition to , and as a substitute for nature and her regenerate and facund attributes.
And of course, this is Christianity fails, because it is an artificial construct.

Chai!!! Ignorance gone wild. You simply demonstrate that you know absolutely nothing about this christianity that you assume to judge. Anybody who knows the truth of Christianity(like moi of-course cool ) knows that It acknowledges and embraces all that is natural, and in addition transcends nature. But the ignorants think that transcend means to be against. Partial knowledge is dangerous. How can christianity be against nature with doctrines like these:

To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted---(Titus 1:15).

All things are lawful, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful, but not all things edify---(1 Corinthians 10:23)

For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse---(Romans 1:20).

I could go on and on, but if you are smart you'd get the gist, else I'm casting my pearls before swine---(Matthew 7:6)
Re: New Rule For 2014 by okeyxyz(m): 8:41pm On Jan 04, 2014
plaetton:
Again, the above is as silly as it gets, I am quite shocked that it comes from you, sir.

You seem to have an uncanny obsession with homosexuality, an almost pathological obsession, I must say.
HHHMMMMM!

This is one of those slogans that anti-christianity champions like to throw about. It sounds catchy and cool but really there is no sound logic to back it up. It's like me saying that "You have an obsession with food simply because you eat everyday" or that "The police have an obsession with crime because they are always out to enforce law...". This slogan is just stu.pid when challenged to critical logic, unfortunately the unthinking embrace it, thinking it's a weapon to defeat christianity with grin grin grin

plaetton:
Arguing against homosexulity from a religious point of view is probably the most stu.p.id thing an enlightened person could do.
Infact, it is the ultimate litmus test for intelligence and enlightenment.

Bros, If you were smart, you'd know that homose.xuality can can only be challenged from a religious POV and not from a secular one. Why? because secularity is an all encompassing philosophy that does not distinguish between right or wrong for the self(which is what religion seeks to protect. The self). Secularity is all about: "do whatever you want as long as you don't force another". This is also the POV of true christianity, but christianity goes further to say "as long as you do not harm yourself..., not just another person"

plaetton:
Once again, it showcases the confusion with religious beliefs.

You believe that god created all men, with their different talents and with their different traits, yet god either made an error, or he fell asleep and let the devil slip one on him.
And yet, god sees the error, for 500,000 years since he created humans, he could not correct the error of his creation.
So, he appoints to you christians the task of singling out one of his many errors to hate and discriminate against.
If the above is true , what does that say about your god?

Grow up man, and start thinking.

Okay, do you hate and discriminate against poison?
This is precisely what homose.xuality is to the true christian doctrine. I'm not against you being gay, you have the liberty to choose whatever you consider good for yourself. But for me/myself, homose.xuality is a no-go area. It is absolutely unacceptable. You'd understand and respect this if you are truly a secular minded person as you purport to be.
Re: New Rule For 2014 by plaetton: 9:17pm On Jan 04, 2014
okeyxyz:

Okay, do you hate and discriminate against poison?
This is precisely what homose.xuality is to the true christian doctrine. I'm not against you being gay, you have the liberty to choose whatever you consider good for yourself. But for me/myself, homose.xuality is a no-go area. It is absolutely unacceptable. You'd understand and respect this if you are truly a secular minded person as you purport to be.

I'm sorry to have to say this , but see how religion renders an otherwise enlightened person utterly stu.p.id.

The question is not whether we as individuals like or dislike homosexuality. as a matter of fact, I do not like homosexuality. I am not required to , and neither are you.
As far as I know, no one is forcing or requiring you to do so.
You get it?.
It is about a fundamental human right to be one's self and free to express one's self. That is what every individual, homosexual or not, male or female, black or while, religious or atheist deserve. It is basic human dignity, which your s.t.up.id religion, throughout it's evil history,? has denied jews, blacks, women, and now homosexuals.

So god hates homosexuals even though he designed and created man? Is he schizophrenic?
According to your bible, god also hates liars, idolators, theives, fornicators, envy, deciet, etc etc. Not so?
Where did he list a heirachy of sins for you to know which sin he hates more than others?

What is the difference in the eyes of your god between homosexual fornication and heterosexual fornication?
One goes to a lesser hell than the other?

Can you see how schizophrenic and moronic your religious morality really is?
A liar, a thief, a tithe fraudster, p.e.d.ophile priest and a religious bigot is much more evil and much more dangerous to me, to you, and to all humanity than the private bedroom activities of homosexual men.

What is your (you religious nuts) obsession with where a man puts his weiner when he is in the privacy of his home?
Should we all, also in the name of religion, obsess ourselves whether you do the missionary style (christian style), doggy style or the much more lascivious mouth action in your own bedroom.
Surely, I do not think that Yahweh would sanction all your bedroom antics, much of which I would not myself approve.
What do you think?.

I do not like homosexuality, in the same way I do not like Sado-masochism. But it's not my call on how people want to express themselves sexually. I have no issues with a human being who happens to be homosexual, and neither should you.

An undue obsession with the so-called sin of homosexuality is a symptom of deeper issues within, and the religious bent on it is just a vehicle for the expression of those deeper issues.

Bullies are always cowards, and haters are always insecure within.

1 Like

Re: New Rule For 2014 by Joshthefirst(m): 9:41pm On Jan 04, 2014
Anyone who says religion is the cause of man's problem in its basic sense is a blatant liar.
Human nature is the cause of man's problems.

The acknowledging of God and/or the supernatural has nothing to do with man's problems. Exploiting of men and human ideologies by imperfect, selfish, twisted human beings happens with every religious/irreligious fantasy or reality.

And if we're speaking of disadvantages to man, atheism itself, which renders a man immoral, as most atheists argue that there is no moral basis, and that morality is subjective to individual concepts and notions and immorality is undefined, are the worst enemies of mankind by far .
Re: New Rule For 2014 by okeyxyz(m): 10:29pm On Jan 04, 2014
plaetton:

I'm sorry to have to say this , but see how religion renders an otherwise enlightened person utterly stu.p.id.

The question is not whether we as individuals like or dislike homosexuality. as a matter of fact, I do not like homosexuality. I am not required to , and neither are you.
As far as I know, no one is forcing or requiring you to do so.
You get it?.
It is about a fundamental human right to be one's self and free to express one's self. That is what every individual, homosexual or not, male or female, black or while, religious or atheist deserve. It is basic human dignity, which your s.t.up.id religion, throughout it's evil history,? has denied jews, blacks, women, and now homosexuals.

So god hates homosexuals even though he designed and created man? Is he schizophrenic?
According to your bible, god also hates liars, idolators, theives, fornicators, envy, deciet, etc etc. Not so?
Where did he list a heirachy of sins for you to know which sin he hates more than others?

What is the difference in the eyes of your god between homosexual fornication and heterosexual fornication?
One goes to a lesser hell than the other?

Can you see how schizophrenic and moronic your religious morality really is?
A liar, a thief, a tithe fraudster, p.e.d.ophile priest and a religious bigot is much more evil and much more dangerous to me, to you, and to all humanity than the private bedroom activities of homosexual men.

What is your (you religious nuts) obsession with where a man puts his weiner when he is in the privacy of his home?
Should we all, also in the name of religion, obsess ourselves whether you do the missionary style (christian style), doggy style or the much more lascivious mouth action in your own bedroom.
Surely, I do not think that Yahweh would sanction all your bedroom antics, much of which I would not myself approve.
What do you think?.

I do not like homosexuality, in the same way I do not like Sado-masochism. But it's not my call on how people want to express themselves sexually. I have no issues with a human being who happens to be homosexual, and neither should you.

An undue obsession with the so-called sin of homosexuality is a symptom of deeper issues within, and the religious bent on it is just a vehicle for the expression of those deeper issues.

Bullies are always cowards, and haters are always insecure within.

grin grin grin Bros, you are either genuinely schizophrenic or you are willfully ignorant. Did I not explicitly say that you(anybody) are absolutely free to choose whatever you think is right for yourself?? Let me help you recall:

okeyxyz:
... I'm not against you being gay, you have the liberty to choose whatever you consider good for yourself. But for me/myself, homose.xuality is a no-go area....

Yet you go off on a rant, completely disregarding the respect and freedom that I'd accorded to everyman as If I never made such concessions. You see how dishonest(or incapable of reason) you are?? I deliberately made it known to you that I have no issues with your homose.xuality(should you or anybody choose to be one..), yet you are the one choosing to have issues with my rejection of the same homose.xuality for myself. Tell me, where is it written in christian doctrine that christianity should be forced upon non-christians? What exactly are you ranting about?? This is the problem with you anti-christians, you take up arms against christianity for thing that are not christian stipulations. You see why I say you are ignorant?? Everything you allege above have nothing to do with christianity. You are simply dancing to the tune of the ignorant majority. I have explicitly made that clear on more than one occasion but somehow you turned blind when reading those parts of my writing grin grin, God is watching you ooo.

Now allow me to spell it out to you as if you are a 5-year old: Christianity is a discipline(religion) strictly for people who choose to identify with it's truths. If you don't agree with these truths then you are not required to subject yourself to it's disciplines. shikena!!! Yet here you are huffing and puffing over truths and disciplines I choose to subject myself to. With every passage you write you simply expose yourself for bigot that you truly are, pretending to be an advocate of freedom, yet you reject the same freedom I offered you just because I offer it under the banner of christianity. SMDH

2 Likes

Re: New Rule For 2014 by DeepSight(m): 1:50pm On Jan 05, 2014
Deleted
Re: New Rule For 2014 by plaetton: 3:34pm On Jan 05, 2014
Deleted
Re: New Rule For 2014 by okeyxyz(m): 7:52pm On Jan 05, 2014
it seems @plaetton has shut up, after I expose his aimless shooting at issues that has nothing to do with christian doctrine, yet he deliberately attributes them to be christian. Such smelly dishonesty!!

He says Jesus never existed, I push back with logic, he shuts up
He says christianity is a rehash of ancient religions, I push back by challenging him to proof, he shuts up
He says christian doctrine preaches hate for homose.xuals, I push back with doctrine to the contrary, he shuts up.
He says christianity rejects natural laws, I push back with scriptural evidence, he shuts up.

No be to make noise be the matter, But when dem challenge you, are you able to deliver. Now we know you are just empty, hence the much noise.
Re: New Rule For 2014 by plaetton: 8:02pm On Jan 05, 2014
okeyxyz: it seems @plaetton has shut up, after I expose his aimless shooting at issues that has nothing to do with christian doctrine, yet he deliberately attributes them to be christian. Such smelly dishonesty!!

He says christianity is a rehash of ancient religions, I push back by challenging him to proof, he shuts up
He says christian doctrine preaches hate for homose.xuals, I push back with doctrine to the contrary, he shuts up.
He says christianity rejects natural laws, I push back with scriptural evidence, he shuts up.

No be to make noise be the matter, But when dem challenge you, are you able to deliver. Now we know you are just empty, hence the much noise.

So you expect me to continue running in circles with you?.

I have a lot of scriptural evidence from my Spiderman comic books.
I wonder what I need to prove with that?

Clap for yourself.
Well done. grin cheesy
Re: New Rule For 2014 by okeyxyz(m): 8:09pm On Jan 05, 2014
plaetton:
So you expect me to continue running in circles with you?.
I have a lot of scriptural evidence from my Spiderman comic books.
I wonder what I need to prove with that?
Clap for yourself.
Well done. grin cheesy

^^^^ This is typical symptom of people who are unable to face proper debate, they resort to humor-shots rather than point-shots. grin grin grin I sabi your type well, well

You have so far failed to demonstrate that any of the issues you shoot at with your rants has any basis in christian doctrine.
Re: New Rule For 2014 by DeepSight(m): 7:29am On Jan 06, 2014
plaetton:

Sure thing Dipardo. grin

But how am I strange, in the context of my last post?

Please delete your quote which contains my email address. I will expect to hear from you.

You are strange to have as much original insight as you do and yet be atheist. You are strange to say that a religion ought not attack ho.mose.xuality given that religions say that God created all men. It is true: male and female God made them: with specs, to boot.
Re: New Rule For 2014 by DeepSight(m): 7:30am On Jan 06, 2014
okeyxyz:

^^^^ This is typical symptom of people who are unable to face proper debate, they resort to humor-shots rather than point-shots. grin grin grin.

OH MY!!! This is so so so so so so TRUE!
Re: New Rule For 2014 by okeyxyz(m): 9:15am On Jan 06, 2014
Deep Sight:

Please delete your quote which contains my email address. I will expect to hear from you.

You are strange to have as much original insight as you do and yet be atheist.

Original!!!! insight grin grin LWTMB. Fallacy upon fallacy.... Plaetton don catch you for im trap.

There's nothing insightful about these atheist campaigners. These are simply recitations and slogans they latch onto from their heroes(ala richard dawkins, christopher Hitchens, etc). You know they are not insightful but rather playing to agendas. They pretend to be defenders of liberty but actually their real motive is the dismantling of traditional institutions and redefining values to suit their depraved lusts. Truly, they seem to be everything "anti-family". These people will support anything, no matter how depraved and immoral, as long as it is in opposition to a christian standpoint. Sometime ago, I watched richard dawkins confidently assert that it is better to be continuously se.xually abused as a child than to be raised in a religious home, and shockingly atheists in the audience were gleefully applauding him. These people will attack perfect logic/morals as long as such attack opposes christianity also. A few days ago, I made a perfectly scientifically sound argument, accepted in the scientific community that whatever caused the big-bang that created the universe, then such entity must be timeless, spaceless and immaterial, precisely how the bible describes God as being unobservable\untestable by physical means. This is a sound and accepted opinion in the scientific community, but alas, the atheist @mazaje was spewing fire and brimstone, claiming that this is a lie and that there is no such opinion in the scientific community. Obviously, either he does not understand the big-bang theory or he is deliberately attacking science because it seems to agree with a christian doctrine grin grin grin. Again, Christopher Hitchens was asked a hypothetical question, say: "What if God truly exists for a fact and you know he exists, would you follow him??" and his answer was a blatant "No!!!". Really?? No?? You see how these people will oppose any sound reason as long as they also oppose christianity in doing so.., He would deliberately fight truth and fact just to spite christianity. And these are the people that @plaetton worships SMH

Bros, to know their true natures and intents, just challenge with any true logic but present it under the banner of christianity and you'd see how shockingly they rabidly attack this sound reason. Why?? because it comes from a christian!!. How dare it come from a christain!! SMH...

Deep Sight:
You are strange to say that a religion ought not attack ho.mose.xuality given that religions say that God created all men. It is true: male and female God made them: with specs, to boot.

How can this person assume to opine what christianity(I speak as a christian) should and should not do when he has demonstrated that he knows absolutely nothing of the christian doctrine. He simply takes secular values(which are good and commendable values themselves, and which christianity extols too, but ultimately they are not the main thrust of doctrine, but an addition to doctrine) and sets them up as what christian doctrine should be. He seeks to force christians to believe in certain ideas and force them to behave in certain ways, yet he turns around to say "There must be freedom of and from religion...". If he truly believes in such freedoms, then why does he seek to dictate what christians should be allowed to believe and practice?? Why does he take issue with doctrines that have nothing to do with him?? He claims falsely that christianity preaches hate of homose.xuals, whereas there is no such mandate/command in christian doctrine. Christianity is actually the true secular philosophy in that it states a mandate for believing christians to follow, and absolute nowhere does it command the same disciplines for non-christians. So it is either plaetton is genuinely ignorant of these truths or he is deliberately dishonest is spreading false allegations. He hides behind the cloak of abuses and crimes committed by people who identify as christian, yet he refuses to acknowledge the fact that non of these abuses/crimes is stipulated by the christian doctrines these people purport to follow. It's just people doing bad things in disregard to doctrinal commands.

1 Like

Re: New Rule For 2014 by DeepSight(m): 9:45am On Jan 06, 2014
okeyxyz:

Original!!!! insight grin grin LWTMB. Fallacy upon fallacy.... Plaetton don catch you for im trap.

There's nothing insightful about these atheist campaigners. These are simply recitations and slogans they latch onto from their heroes(ala richard dawkins, christopher Hitchens, etc). You know they are not insightful but rather playing to agendas. They pretend to be defenders of liberty but actually their real motive is the dismantling of traditional institutions and redefining values to suit their depraved lusts. Truly, they seem to be everything "anti-family". These people will support anything, no matter how depraved and immoral, as long as it is in opposition to a christian standpoint. Sometime ago, I watched richard dawkins confidently assert that it is better to be continuously se.xually abused as a child than to be raised in a religious home, and shockingly atheists in the audience were gleefully applauding him. These people will attack perfect logic/morals as long as such attack opposes christianity also. A few days ago, I made a perfectly scientifically sound argument, accepted in the scientific community that whatever caused the big-bang that created the universe, then such entity must be timeless, spaceless and immaterial, precisely how the bible describes God as being unobservable\untestable by physical means. This is a sound and accepted opinion in the scientific community, but alas, the atheist @mazaje was spewing fire and brimstone, claiming that this is a lie and that there is no such opinion in the scientific community. Obviously, either he does not understand the big-bang theory or he is deliberately attacking science because it seems to agree with a christian doctrine grin grin grin. Again, Christopher Hitchens was asked a hypothetical question, say: "What if God truly exists for a fact and you know he exists, would you follow him??" and his answer was a blatant "No!!!". Really?? No?? You see how these people will oppose any sound reason as long as they also oppose christianity in doing so.., He would deliberately fight truth and fact just to spite christianity. And these are the people that @plaetton worships SMH

Bros, to know their true natures and intents, just challenge with any true logic but present it under the banner of christianity and you'd see how shockingly they rabidly attack this sound reason. Why?? because it comes from a christian!!. How dare it come from a christain!! SMH...

How can this person assume to opine what christianity(I speak as a christian) should and should not do when he has demonstrated that he knows absolutely nothing of the christian doctrine. He simply takes secular values(which are good and commendable values themselves, and which christianity extols too, but ultimately they are not the main thrust of doctrine, but an addition to doctrine) and sets them up as what christian doctrine should be. He seeks to force christians to believe in certain ideas and force them to behave in certain ways, yet he turns around to say "There must be freedom of and from religion...". If he truly believes in such freedoms, then why does he seek to dictate what christians should be allowed to believe and practice?? Why does he take issue with doctrines that have nothing to do with him?? He claims falsely that christianity preaches hate of homose.xuals, whereas there is no such mandate/command in christian doctrine. Christianity is actually the true secular philosophy in that it states a mandate for believing christians to follow, and absolute nowhere does it command the same disciplines for non-christians. So it is either plaetton is genuinely ignorant of these truths or he is deliberately dishonest is spreading false allegations. He hides behind the cloak of abuses and crimes by people who identify as christian, yet he refuses to acknowledge the fact that non of these abuses/crimes is dictated by christian doctrine. It's just people doing bad things in disregard to doctrinal commands.

I actually agree with you: there is nothing whatsoever insightful about atheism: it is rank st.upidity, in my honest opinion.

However, when I describe Plaetton as having original insight: I still mean that - for he has an uncommon mind which delves into deep things such as the energies of the universe, the wellspring of consciousness: and even the possibility of extra terrestrial life. Indeed he even has a very unique take on the real identity of Yahweh as an ET being and the real origins of human civilization. He actually has been so lost in arguments on the existence of God that he has never had the time to really elucidate his very very interesting ideas in that regard.

What is shocking, is that such a mind as his could conclude in favor of atheism. Anyway stranger things have been known to happen.
Re: New Rule For 2014 by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jan 06, 2014
@okeyxyz

I hope you didn't think you just can come here to make baseless absurd claims and get away with it.

I have to simple things you'll help me do.

1. You claimed we atheists here only repeat claims of our heros, in other words, we are not insightful but repeat their arguments. Can you please provide at least two atheists who used any of those "heros" arguments?

That should be very easy to do since we all simply repeat their arguments.

2. You claimed it is well accepted within the scientific community that whatever caused the big bang must be spaceless, timeless, etc. Can you please provide one single peer reviewed scientific journal where that is stated?

This should be very easy to do as well. Remember it is a well accepted scientific fact.

And please, don''t come to start blabbing irrelvancies. Just defend those two statements.

Thanks.
Re: New Rule For 2014 by texanomaly(f): 4:28pm On Jan 06, 2014
Deep Sight:

I actually agree with you: there is nothing whatsoever insightful about atheism: it is rank st.upidity, in my honest opinion.

However, when I describe Plaetton as having original insight: I still mean that - for he has an uncommon mind which delves into deep things such as the energies of the universe, the wellspring of consciousness: and even the possibility of extra terrestrial life. Indeed he even has a very unique take on the real identity of Yahweh as an ET being and the real origins of human civilization. He actually has been so lost in arguments on the existence of God that he has never had the time to really elucidate his very very interesting ideas in that regard.

What is shocking, is that such a mind as his could conclude in favor of atheism. Anyway stranger things have been known to happen.

@Plaetton
I would very much like to hear your views on this subject. Deep Sight as well. I am a Christian, but my views on the bolded are not the norm.
Re: New Rule For 2014 by peterphd(m): 7:24pm On Jan 06, 2014
@okeyxyz

If god is timeless, and other bla bla you have ascribed to him, how did he influence the bible? How do we know this god didn't influence the Koran?don't make claims without evidence and expect people to believe.We are not in the dark ages. Remember, the invisible and the non-existent look very similar.
Re: New Rule For 2014 by plaetton: 7:53pm On Jan 06, 2014
I will address all of the above later tonight when I am less busy.

@Okeyxyz.

Is going to be a great public service to dismemder all your great fallacies and great heaps of convoluted logic, and then feed them to that scary monster that terrify Christians that don't pay protection money to god.
I think the monster is called the devourer.
Lol
Re: New Rule For 2014 by Panshow(m): 1:32pm On Jan 07, 2014
okeyxyz:

It's simple. The ideas and practices of religions that you are familiar with are simply false. They are so false that secular institutions now recommend what religions are true and worthy of a following. The Pope is voted as Man Of The Year by secular institutions, why?? Because the catholic institution is more interested in appealing to numbers rather than to truth. Most Religions today are nothing but political institutions, they boast of numbers, of who has the biggest cathedrals, of who commands the biggest crowds, of who is more in turn with popular cultures, etc. What you have is religion pursuing secular values, hence they rely on the secular world to approve or condemn right and wrong. These are definitely not true religions.
So how did you come to this conclusion??.
Okay, so can you prove to us that your own ideas and practices of religions holds the actual truth?. May be we may start thinking in your own direction.
Re: New Rule For 2014 by Panshow(m): 2:21pm On Jan 07, 2014
okeyxyz: ^^^ To start with, the true ideas of God are definitely christian(ie: based on christ, but not the christianity that you are used to). True christianity embraces all things in nature, not forbidding to eat, drink, wear, learn, practice, etc. True christianity stipulates that all things(created by God) are lawful/permissible and therefore cannot defile your holiness/righteousness. There's only one thing that defiles and that is homos.exuality and from which all manner of misbehaviors derive, all complexes, all bitterness, all possessiveness, all fears, etc.
But how did you come about this?. How am I suppose to believe you?.
Re: New Rule For 2014 by Panshow(m): 3:28pm On Jan 07, 2014
okeyxyz: it seems @plaetton has shut up, after I expose his aimless shooting at issues that has nothing to do with christian doctrine, yet he deliberately attributes them to be christian. Such smelly dishonesty!!

So you prove the existence of Jesus with logic?. Does the bible even prove the existence of Jesus with logic?
Re: New Rule For 2014 by plaetton: 3:46am On Jan 08, 2014
I think you should be flogged for all the rubbish you have taken your precious liberty write.

okeyxyz:

yet you are the one choosing to have issues with my rejection of the same homose.xuality for myself.
Why on earth would I have issues with what you reject as an individual.
You were the one who first brought up the issue of homose.xuality.
Do you expect not to be challenged when you make silly, bigoted statements based on ignorance?

okeyxyz:

Tell me, where is it written in christian doctrine that christianity should be forced upon non-christians?

I will save this part and get back to it later.

okeyxyz:

Christianity is a discipline(religion) strictly for people who choose to identify with it's truths. If you don't agree with these truths then you are not required to subject yourself to it's disciplines. shikena!!!
It is Chike-Nna, not shikena.
Olodo Oyinbo.

Chrisitanity is religious cult that seeks to spread it's myths to everyone by coverting them.
So that is a lie, you do not keep your so-called truths to yourselves. You bother people with your myths, your schizophrenic morality and seek to infect people with your fears, the fear of your always-angry mythical god.

In fact, if you did not seek to impose your beliefs and your so-called doctrine here, we would not be here int his religious section having this argument.
Re: New Rule For 2014 by plaetton: 3:58am On Jan 08, 2014
okeyxyz:

^^^^ This is typical symptom of people who are unable to face proper debate, they resort to humor-shots rather than point-shots. grin grin grin I sabi your type well, well

Well well, it is not my fault if your head is too opaque to appreciate humor, especially when such humor is laced with factual truths that have unfortunately eluded you.
I do not shoot humor for humor sake. My humor are usually loaded with nutrients for the cranially dexterous.

You see sometimes when simple words are not enough to counter illogic and bullshyt from a fragmented mind, a shot of humor can quickly get the message across, unless, as in this very case, I am dealing with a chronic case of intellectual bulemia.

So take note the next time I crack a joke.
Re: New Rule For 2014 by texanomaly(f): 4:08am On Jan 08, 2014
plaetton:

Well well, it is not my fault if your head is too opaque to appreciate humor, especially when such humor is laced with factual truths that have unfortunately eluded you.
I do not shoot humor for humor sake. My humor are usually loaded with nutrients for the cranially dexterous.

You see sometimes when simple words are not enough to counter illogic and bullshyt from a fragmented mind, a shot of humor can quickly get the message across, unless, as in this very case, I am dealing with a chronic case of intellectual bulemia.

So take note the next time I crack a joke.

I think I am beginning to identify with the irreligious much more than I am comfortable with.
Re: New Rule For 2014 by plaetton: 4:30am On Jan 08, 2014
okeyxyz:

There's nothing insightful about these atheist campaigners. These are simply recitations and slogans they latch onto from their heroes(ala richard dawkins, christopher Hitchens, etc).

How many times do we need to repeat it to these knuckleheads that atheism is not a religion. There is no follow follow. No revelations, no prophets.

I have said it soo many times that I ahve never read a book of Dawkins, Hitchens or any activist atheist. I do not need to.
Religious superstition is very easy to repudiate. Infact my 5 year old kid did it easily when she asked me who created god.

That simple question is all that any 5-year old can ask is all that is required to repudiate the religion of god or the god of religion.

The reason all atheists, dawkins, Hitchens and Nl atheists all sound the same is because our tasks of repudiating the Judeo-christian concepts of divinity is soooo easy that only a handful of familair and common words and familiar questions are all that are needed.

okeyxyz:

A few days ago, I made a perfectly scientifically sound argument, accepted in the scientific community that whatever caused the big-bang that created the universe, then such entity must be timeless, spaceless and immaterial, precisely how the bible describes God as being unobservable\untestable by physical means.
Silly rabbbit.
What is this one talking about? How do your mix your silly fairy tales with what you call sound scientific argument?
Huh! shocked
Accepted in what make-belief scientific community? Can you offer me any references?

OMigosh! shocked
First, a timeless , spaceless and immaterial entity cannot exist in our universe.
Infact, let me correct myself.
The only thing existing that has such attributes is ........... Ideas, thoughts, imaginations- That is what god is made of .

okeyxyz:

How can this person assume to opine what christianity(I speak as a christian) should and should not do when he has demonstrated that he knows
I can lecture you on the A-Z of Chriatianity

okeyxyz:

He hides behind the cloak of abuses and crimes committed by people who identify as christian, yet he refuses to acknowledge the fact that non of these abuses/crimes is stipulated by the christian doctrines these people purport to follow. It's just people doing bad things in disregard to doctrinal commands.

So the religious superstitions of the dark ages, Christian Crusades of the middle ages , the inquisitions, the indugence fruads, the tithe frauds of today, all have nothing to do with christianity, but were simply bad people doing bad things, huh?
And Boko haram, Alqueda, all islamic jihadist have nothing to do with Islam, but, according to your logic, are simply bad people doing bad things, huh?
I de hear you.
Re: New Rule For 2014 by plaetton: 4:51am On Jan 08, 2014

I really don't how you expect me to respond to every infantile logic that you spew out.
I get tired ,you know.
It isn't easy doing intellectual gymnastics with " the people that time forgot".

Jesus never existed. Only religious people believe it only as a religious belief.Fact
Christianity is a rehash and a mish mash of ancient religions from Rome, Egypt, mesopotamia, ancient Canaan and India. Fact.
Christian Doctrine preaches hate for homosexuals- fact
Christianity serves to detach man from nature and from himself by appropriating all attributes of nature to invisible skydaddy. Fact

If you don't know all the above facts, then you are just a follow follow christian, just as i would expect you to be.

1 Like

Re: New Rule For 2014 by plaetton: 5:18am On Jan 08, 2014
texanomaly:

@Plaetton
I would very much like to hear your views on this subject. Deep Sight as well. I am a Christian, but my views on the bolded are not the norm.

Hi.
Yes.
The Et angle to religion is actually the only way that, and for the religions of the world make proper sense.

All one has to do carefully study ancient scriptures ,and right there, it all leaps out right in front of you with perfect clarity.
Look at the Vedas-ancient Hindus texts whose original authorship are somewhere north of 10,000yrs ago.
Reading some parts of it would be like reading a modern sci-fi novel or star wars and star trek movies.
In it they have beings, the gods in flying machines, called the vemanas, flying in and out of Earth and space, shooting green laser beams at each other.

In the bible, you have the war in heaven in which lucifer, with his host of armies, rebelling against his master in a celestial interplanetary war for supremacy , and I assume, the control of either the earth or another planet in our solar system .

In genesis we hear that the Elohim(plural for El) created man in their likeness. We also read that man was created to till the soil for them. Man , the first set of humans were custom made slaves, and were existing in zombie-like states.
We also read that the Elohim cautioned against granting man self-consciousness and freewill because they feared what the creature might become and probably challenge their authority.

We also read that the serpent ( he who knows the secret of life, in other words, he knows the secrets of DNA), an epithet for one of the high ranking Elohim, entered the scene and altered man's dna once again, but this time, giving man full consciousness and self-awareness.
This is supposed to be, in christian lore, the original sin of Adam.

Further reading in genesis, we see that the chief El threw a lot of tantrums and lamented that " Who did this? the man has become like one of us, knowing good and evil, we must prevent him from eating the tree of life(further DNA tampering to enhance spiritual acuity) lest he eat from it
and live forever.

And there began humankind's problems with angry gods.lol
The rest is history.

But ofcourse there is a lot more to said about humankind's yo yo and rocky relationships with these Extra-terrestial gods, right up till this day.

1 Like

Re: New Rule For 2014 by okeyxyz(m): 8:31pm On Jan 08, 2014
Sorry for my long absence guys. I'd address your questions and responses most likely before tomorrow, though I think most of them are quite shallow and without intellectual exercise, but let see...
Re: New Rule For 2014 by texanomaly(f): 9:37pm On Jan 08, 2014
@Plaetton

Intereresting stuff. I'm very curious about this concept. I have always considered an extraterrestrial connection to creation. Before my Christian friends get their panties bunched up, this does not preclude the bible. I think it helps explain some things.

I have said before on this forum, that the creator is obviously a great scientist. To have created such an intricate web connecting everything in this world and beyond it. The science behind how everything in the universe works is fascinating and amazing. There is no way it could all have come from nothing. The human body alone, is a most amazing machine.

I will check out your suggestions and do some research. If you have anything else to share on this subject, please let me know. Very curious.
Re: New Rule For 2014 by Joshthefirst(m): 5:45pm On Jan 10, 2014
plaetton:
Hi.
Yes.
The Et angle to religion is actually the only way that, and for the religions of the world make proper sense.

All one has to do carefully study ancient scriptures ,and right there, it all leaps out right in front of you with perfect clarity.
Look at the Vedas-ancient Hindus texts whose original authorship are somewhere north of 10,000yrs ago.
Reading some parts of it would be like reading a modern sci-fi novel or star wars and star trek movies.
In it they have beings, the gods in flying machines, called the vemanas, flying in and out of Earth and space, shooting green laser beams at each other.

In the bible, you have the war in heaven in which lucifer, with his host of armies, rebelling against his master in a celestial interplanetary war for supremacy , and I assume, the control of either the earth or another planet in our solar system .

In genesis we hear that the Elohim(plural for El) created man in their likeness. We also read that man was created to till the soil for them. Man , the first set of humans were custom made slaves, and were existing in zombie-like states.
We also read that the Elohim cautioned against granting man self-consciousness and freewill because they feared what the creature might become and probably challenge their authority.

We also read that the serpent ( he who knows the secret of life, in other words, he knows the secrets of DNA), an epithet for one of the high ranking Elohim, entered the scene and altered man's dna once again, but this time, giving man full consciousness and self-awareness.
This is supposed to be, in christian lore, the original sin of Adam.

Further reading in genesis, we see that the chief El threw a lot of tantrums and lamented that " Who did this? the man has become like one of us, knowing good and evil, we must prevent him from eating the tree of life(further DNA tampering to enhance spiritual acuity) lest he eat from it
and live forever.

And there began humankind's problems with angry gods.lol
The rest is history.

But ofcourse there is a lot more to said about humankind's yo yo and rocky relationships with these Extra-terrestial gods, right up till this day.
grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

COMA: Where Do One's Spirit Exist During This Period? / Hot Prayer Against All Sickness/diseases. / PHOTOS: COZA Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Flaunts His Porsche Car With Church Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.