Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,803 members, 7,806,243 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:28 PM

Top 10 Nigerian Hit Songs That Excited Us In 2013 - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Top 10 Nigerian Hit Songs That Excited Us In 2013 (31975 Views)

Top Ten Worst Nigerian Hit Songs Remix (Opinion) / Worship Songs That Connect You To The Heavenlies / Best Of WIZKID In 2013... [audio And Video] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Hit Songs That Excited Us In 2013 by oduaboy1: 10:09pm On Dec 28, 2013
ketoprofen: Even Limpopo reigned better than skelewu.
@odua boy which village are u living in?
Now this is funny
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Hit Songs That Excited Us In 2013 by EzePromoe: 10:29pm On Dec 28, 2013
odua boy: Your opinion,,,sadly majority of non-ibos wouldn't agree with it.

Did you even read what you posted, or it's just the copy and paste as usual sad

1. Ada Ada - Flavour: The high life singer emerged 'god-overall' this year in this classic piece that has left him a world stage of swaying worshipers. Flavour knew this song was going to be a hit and aptly prepared for it. The music video shot in high definition by Clarence Peters rolled a true to life wedding of a classic girl with ladies in waiting. Weddings nationwide now match to this song withnon-Ibo's effortlessly singing along. Flavour proves once again that talent runs in his veins and beats in his heart. The song released in June sits pretty at our number one position and will stay with us for a very long time to come.

4 Likes

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Hit Songs That Excited Us In 2013 by MRL1MPoPoTM: 10:40pm On Dec 28, 2013
AdannayaBella:
Sorry, I don't deal with halfwits who can't spell. The topic says hit songs, not songs that made a lot of brain.

Not only did that track make brain, it also hit the air-wave both locallly and internationally. I wonder what part of the bush u come from that u couldn't acknowledge the tune's massive hit, popularity and blithering acceptance by all and sundry
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Hit Songs That Excited Us In 2013 by oduaboy1: 10:56pm On Dec 28, 2013
Eze Promoe:
Did you even read what you posted, or it's just the copy and paste as usual sad

I edited the original post
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Hit Songs That Excited Us In 2013 by striker9(m): 10:57pm On Dec 28, 2013
odua boy: Now this is funny
Very funny.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Hit Songs That Excited Us In 2013 by Adex097: 11:00pm On Dec 28, 2013
omusiliyu: Proudly team ada ada. Have you seen my beautiful baby have you seen my tomato baby oooo, baby suffering dey cool temper, ada. Baby Nah sugar sugar oooo. Everybody dey wait...

I don't like your voice -_- ....*EEEWWWW*

@Topic, my TOP ten songs for the year 2013 goes thus grin

*1* ADA ADA - Flavour
*2* CARO. - Wizkid
*3* Durosoke - Olamide
*4* This year - Jay1
*5* Skelewu - Davido
*6* Yes/No - Banky W
*7* personally - Psquare
*8* Eminado - tiwa ft don J
*9* Pray for you - Nosa
*10* emi ni Baller - chidinma

#Dazall grin

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Hit Songs That Excited Us In 2013 by Revolva(m): 11:08pm On Dec 28, 2013
hey well the list is ok..what about Wande Coal Rotate

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Hit Songs That Excited Us In 2013 by uthman4rike(m): 11:16pm On Dec 28, 2013
wia is JASI frm BANKY W
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Hit Songs That Excited Us In 2013 by 01mcfadden(m): 11:17pm On Dec 28, 2013
odua boy: The video is the only thing special about the ada ada song other than that the song is irrelevant.
Ada Ada is irrelevant? shocked
you sure need lobotomy.
Are you telling me skelewu is more relevant than Ada ada?

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Hit Songs That Excited Us In 2013 by Emilliw3m(m): 11:20pm On Dec 28, 2013
op the list is not complete yet add mogbono feli feli @ www.mp3twit.com/tA9 very hot. on repeat.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Hit Songs That Excited Us In 2013 by omojaytee(m): 11:33pm On Dec 28, 2013
Aderupoko2: @Omojaytee pls chop knuckle
tnx bro!
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Hit Songs That Excited Us In 2013 by Okijajuju1(m): 11:53pm On Dec 28, 2013
There is no point arguing this list as it is very subjective..

No wedding in the East this year was complete without Ada Ada by Flavour Nabania.

Eminado by Tiwa Savage also was a hit song..

Personally is unarguably a contender for the title.

Skelewu by Davido also deserves the top position.

A list without Olamide and Phynos collabo hit track Ghostmode would be incomplete.

Wizkids Caro is also a club anthem.

Olamides Turn up is another confirmed contender.

Chidinmas Emi in baller deserves a mention.

Many more songs can easily get on this list and hold their own. Top songs of the year would always remain a subjective argument and can never have an actual placement as long as our taste differ in music from one person to another and from one area to the next.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Hit Songs That Excited Us In 2013 by tpia5: 12:00am On Dec 29, 2013
I checked some of the songs, most seem to be adverts for the flesh trade, imo.

Did anyone do the christian list?

I'll see if I can find something in religion section for that.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Hit Songs That Excited Us In 2013 by oduaboy1: 12:01am On Dec 29, 2013
01mcfadden:
you sure need lobotomy.
Yep
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Hit Songs That Excited Us In 2013 by oduaboy1: 12:02am On Dec 29, 2013
tpia@:
I checked some of the songs, most seem to be adverts for the flesh trade, imo.

Did anyone do the christian list?

I'll see if I can find something in religion section for that.
How many people listen to christain songs in nigeria?
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Hit Songs That Excited Us In 2013 by tpia5: 12:36am On Dec 29, 2013
Lots do.

In any case, a few of the songs on that list are noteworthy ( won't mention which ones), but many are obviously for audiences outside nigeria.

Couldn't relate at all.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Hit Songs That Excited Us In 2013 by Nobody: 2:15am On Dec 29, 2013
This 'ukwu' song has really embarrased lots of girls lately. Guys abeg, take it easy
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Hit Songs That Excited Us In 2013 by 0key: 5:35am On Dec 29, 2013
Subjective ranking is not a way to go b'cos taste of music varies from individual to individual. Popularity of songs can be measured using a number of criteria such as YouTube views, likes and dislikes, number of times songs are downloaded from popular music websites, the demand of the artists for concerts, amount of money generated from d sales of songs etc.

In my own opinion,considering d criteria above, personally by p square tops the list followed by Ada Ada by Mr flavor. Then Limpopo, Emindo, Ghost mode,Ukwu by timaya, emi ni baller, caro,skelewu...and so on.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Hit Songs That Excited Us In 2013 by AndrewChogzy(m): 7:14am On Dec 29, 2013
Flavour ada adal pulls crowd esp in wedns bt I dnt tink it cn assume d no1 positn, no2 Is ok 4it. Davido skelewu is on point..... Feel d dance steps, easy goin on lyk d azonto n etighi
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Hit Songs That Excited Us In 2013 by ketoprofen(m): 7:40am On Dec 29, 2013
01mcfadden:
you sure need lobotomy.

just because skelewu came out yest, he thinks it reigned better than Ada Ada or other hits .
Earlier in the year, Limpopo was even number 1 hit. Most DJs on Silver Bird and African magic attest to that too.
They could play Limpopo 20 times in an all night event and ppl will still be excited.
Can u do thatcwith skelewu.
One said that he puts on Limpopo to buy time whenever he is at a loss at what he shd play or not.
That odua boy thinks ppl are being tribalistic but the thing is that as a village boy, he will keep writing at the level of his understanding.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Hit Songs That Excited Us In 2013 by Nobody: 8:07am On Dec 29, 2013
Ada Ada is badt!....no contest.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Hit Songs That Excited Us In 2013 by 12stinep(m): 8:10am On Dec 29, 2013
tweetobyte: Who is Orezi? Skelewu should be on that list
D guy who sang rihanna
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Hit Songs That Excited Us In 2013 by seangy4konji: 9:56am On Dec 29, 2013
You are all stupid...Ada ada ko,Ngozi Ngozi ni...abeg pass me my alomo and who get mailer?
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Hit Songs That Excited Us In 2013 by Abbey2sam(m): 10:00am On Dec 29, 2013
omusiliyu: Proudly team ada ada. Have you seen my beautiful baby have you seen my tomato baby oooo, baby suffering dey cool temper, ada. Baby Nah sugar sugar oooo. Everybody dey wait...
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Hit Songs That Excited Us In 2013 by yoji: 10:02am On Dec 29, 2013
Can't help feeling ada ada would have passed unnoticed without the video. And even with d splendid video driven popularity, it's probably jammed only at weddings cos i don't think many people have it on their playlists when driving around in their cars. Also am thinking very few if any .DJs have it on their playlists for weekend groove.
Even the video as good as it is , is one of those videos you a guy can't watch often as it becomes cumbersome due to the elaborate nature.
Also jaiye jaiye's absence from the list makes it a JOKE cos that jam is something else.. see combo abeg :wizzy , sarz and kuti at their best.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Hit Songs That Excited Us In 2013 by Nobody: 11:11am On Dec 29, 2013
Wht is ada ada doin there ibos?
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Hit Songs That Excited Us In 2013 by crux01: 11:26am On Dec 29, 2013
fair ranking, tho i expected ada ada to find a place in d list
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Hit Songs That Excited Us In 2013 by chikachike86(m): 11:40am On Dec 29, 2013
Hackerjay: Commot dat sean tizzle,he gat no talent....
If you are so talented, y haven't your song or whatever crap you do for a living been heard? Now I knw some jerks think thru deir anus. Fu*kface!!!
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Hit Songs That Excited Us In 2013 by Noneroone(m): 12:10pm On Dec 29, 2013
crux01: fair ranking, tho i expected ada ada to find a place in d list
No mind them Ada ada is first in the original post before the poster editted it. They want the sensless crap called skelewu to be no 1.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Play Fuji Music Online Or Download Here / Most Played Songs Of The Year / Flavour Nabania - Ada Ada [official Video]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.