Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,000 members, 7,806,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:50 AM

Why Would God Need Prophets, Pastors And Evangelism? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Would God Need Prophets, Pastors And Evangelism? (1292 Views)

Why Would God Fill The Oceans With Water We Can't Drink? / Appraisal: Are Our Prophets Right About 2015 Election? / Would God Send A Young Kid To Hell Fire? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Would God Need Prophets, Pastors And Evangelism? by Nobody: 4:51am On Dec 28, 2013
Seriously, if God truly exists why does he need all these intermediaries?

Just take a look at a celebrity or a VIP- if such a person wants to give a speech that would reach millions of human beings, the VIP just has to pen a statement or make a video and upload it on the internet. This makes sure that there is no ambiguity or mistranslation on the part of a middleman.

The point is that any sensible person wouldnt need to go through intermediaries to express himself if he or she wants to make herself clear. If Seun wants to tell us about nairaland, he would tell us himself in a comment or blog post.

WHY THEN WOULD GOD NEED INTERMEDIARIES LIKE PROPHETS AND PASTORS? WOULDN'T IT MAKE MORE SENSE FOR GOD TO SEND UNIVERSAL MESSAGES DIRECTLY TO OUR BRAINS?

Think about it. These middlemen have caused more problems than they have solved. The different churches and religious leaders have given us different bibles, different hadiths, different sects and different perspectives on religion. One religion can have contradicting opinions on a simple issue eg tithing vs no tithing! The message of God (if there is one) is now twisted and confusing.

1 Like

Re: Why Would God Need Prophets, Pastors And Evangelism? by plaetton: 7:13am On Dec 28, 2013
Logicboy03: Seriously, if God truly exists why does he need all these intermediaries?

Just take a look at a celebrity or a VIP- if such a person wants to give a speech that would reach millions of human beings, the VIP just has to pen a statement or make a video and upload it on the internet. This makes sure that there is no ambiguity or mistranslation on the part of a middleman.

The point is that any sensible person wouldnt need to go through intermediaries to express himself if he or she wants to make herself clear. If Seun wants to tell us about nairaland, he would tell us himself in a comment or blog post.

WHY THEN WOULD GOD NEED INTERMEDIARIES LIKE PROPHETS AND PASTORS? WOULDN'T IT MAKE MORE SENSE FOR GOD TO SEND UNIVERSAL MESSAGES DIRECTLY TO OUR BRAINS?

Think about it. These middlemen have caused more problems than they have solved. The different churches and religious leaders have given us different bibles, different hadiths, different sects and different perspectives on religion. One religion can have contradicting opinions on a simple issue eg tithing vs no tithing! The message of God (if there is one) is now twisted and confusing.

grin
Good observation.
I ask that same question everyday, and i wonder why many people do not ask the same question.
Why , for example , would the creator of the universe choose a sly fox, a fraudster like Benny Hinn, Pat Robertson, Creflo Onye Oshi Dollar, Circus Clown TB Joshua, and a great horde of other criminals and conmen to spread his words?

If god truely existed, religion would not exist at all.
Have you recently or ever seen worshipers of the almighty Gravity preaching about the great power of the force?
Re: Why Would God Need Prophets, Pastors And Evangelism? by Turbocharged: 8:13am On Dec 28, 2013
Logicboy03: Seriously, if God truly exists why does he need all these intermediaries?

?
Just wondering what u really are: atheist or anti-christ?
Re: Why Would God Need Prophets, Pastors And Evangelism? by Joagbaje(m): 8:15am On Dec 28, 2013

Stop deluding yourself , you know God exist . God has principles. , he reveals himself to those who seek him.

There are universal laws. There's darkness and light . Both God and the devil use human agencies to draw men. God won't cheat . So that he may remain just whe he finally put evil away.
Re: Why Would God Need Prophets, Pastors And Evangelism? by gothrones(m): 8:19am On Dec 28, 2013
^
My brother, with due respect, you didn't answer the question. The divisions amongst Christians today is enough for anyone to know that there is too much confusion in that religion. Atheists need not do anything but stand by and watch. All one has to do is peruse the threads dealing with tithes, trinity, free-will, role of women, etc and one will come to the conclusion that confusion is the mainstay of such threads.

1 Like

Re: Why Would God Need Prophets, Pastors And Evangelism? by gothrones(m): 8:21am On Dec 28, 2013
Turbocharged: ?
Just wondering what u really are: atheist or anti-christ?

I am glad that you didn't prove any of his assertions wrong. Ask a religious person a question and they will either attack your personality or ask you another question.

1 Like

Re: Why Would God Need Prophets, Pastors And Evangelism? by Joshthefirst(m): 8:22am On Dec 28, 2013
Lol. Another excuse.

God has his own principles. He does things his own way. Just because there are fakes in the market, you deny the existence of an original.
And as plaetton has said, the lot of you are like people arguing the existence of gravity. Not to be taken seriously.

God has declared that he will come physically again to this earth as a judge. Until then, his followers preach repentance to everyone. Stop giving silly excuses.
Re: Why Would God Need Prophets, Pastors And Evangelism? by texanomaly(f): 8:44am On Dec 28, 2013
gothrones:

I am glad that you didn't prove any of his assertions wrong. Ask a religious person a question and they will either attack your personality or ask you another question.

Both sides do this... undecided
Re: Why Would God Need Prophets, Pastors And Evangelism? by jmoore(m): 8:50am On Dec 28, 2013
Why do atheists find their daily nutrition in the religion section? smh

2 Likes

Re: Why Would God Need Prophets, Pastors And Evangelism? by gothrones(m): 9:01am On Dec 28, 2013
texanomaly: Both sides do this... undecided

I do agree, but I believe that religious folks do it more than atheist folks. The proof is in this thread and most of the threads in this section.
Re: Why Would God Need Prophets, Pastors And Evangelism? by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 28, 2013
Joshthefirst: Lol. Another excuse.

God has his own principles. He does things his own way. Just because there are fakes in the market, you deny the existence of an original.
And as plaetton has said, the lot of you are like people arguing the existence of gravity. Not to be taken seriously.

God has declared that he will come physically again to this earth as a judge. Until then, his followers preach repentance to everyone. Stop giving silly excuses.

Of course, God works in mysterious ways........mysterioulsy similar to as if he didnt exist
Re: Why Would God Need Prophets, Pastors And Evangelism? by onetrack(m): 10:10am On Dec 28, 2013
Joshthefirst:

And what if god's true followers are actually the atheists who correctly conclude that no god has ever sent qny prophets. How would you expect to be judged by this god?
Re: Why Would God Need Prophets, Pastors And Evangelism? by Joshthefirst(m): 10:22am On Dec 28, 2013
onetrack:

And what if god's true followers are actually the atheists who correctly conclude that no god has ever sent qny prophets. How would you expect to be judged by this god?
Re: Why Would God Need Prophets, Pastors And Evangelism? by Macelliot(m): 3:55pm On Dec 28, 2013
[b]Truely, I keeps thinking that every atheist are always full of ignorances.
I don't know whether they still posses a human brain, an insect brain or a fish brain.
Why would a King need a Town carrier to deliver messages to the town people?
Although He has the power & authority over the village. Why didn't He sit in his palace and shout inorder to deliver the informations to the villagers?
Why would the president need governors, ministers, chairman, councilors etc.
@logicboy. Why do u attend lesson/classes or go to school for a teacher to teach u from a textbook? Why can't u buy books and learn by urself without the aide of anyone?
If you die, is that all? For u to see GOD, it might be too late. It's better 4 u to turn a new leaf now. When there is life there is Hope.
I think u need a surgery operation to be carried in ur brain to removes the obstacles causing your ignorances.

The existence of Logicboy's atheism is the handiwork of the Evil one to lure His Soul astray.[/b]
Repent!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Would God Need Prophets, Pastors And Evangelism? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 28, 2013
Macelliot: [b]Truely, I keeps thinking that every atheist are always full of ignorances.
I don't know whether they still posses a human brain, an insect brain or a fish brain.
Although He has the power & authority over the village. Why didn't He sit in his palace and shout inorder to deliver the informations to the villagers?
@logicboy. Why do u attend lesson/classes or go to school for a teacher to teach u from a textbook? Why can't u buy books and learn by urself without the aide of anyone?
If you die, is that all? For u to see GOD, it might be too late. It's better 4 u to turn a new leaf now. When there is life there is Hope.
I think u need a surgery operation to be carried in ur brain to removes the obstacles causing your ignorances.

The existence of Logicboy's atheism is the handiwork of the Evil one to lure His Soul astray.[/b]
Repent!!!

I pity this guy's brain.....it must be stuck in the dark ages. Town crier? lol

Heard of internet? Twitter? Facebook? Youtube?

Who needs a town crier? Sorry, if your God needs a town crier, he is stuck in the past!! grin grin grin
Re: Why Would God Need Prophets, Pastors And Evangelism? by plaetton: 5:08pm On Dec 28, 2013
jmoore: Why do atheists find their daily nutrition in the religion section? smh

Defanging and declawing irrationality is a great public service, in the same way that you feel an obligation to fight the devil whenever you imagine one.

1 Like

Re: Why Would God Need Prophets, Pastors And Evangelism? by jmoore(m): 6:10pm On Dec 28, 2013
plaetton:
Defanging and declawing rationality is a great public service, in the way that you feel an obligation to fight the devil whenever you imagine one.
Smh.
Wasting your time on what you don't believe.
Re: Why Would God Need Prophets, Pastors And Evangelism? by Gombs(m): 8:01pm On Dec 28, 2013
I wish atheists would know that CHRISTIANITY is not the opposite of atheism....

Y don't you folks ask Muslims such? Or pagans?

Logic boy, u see how u could be a nuisance? Pray I don't be a mod

?...for the record, u should see why I can't help but be a pessimist when it comes to atheism. U folks seem to have a feverish ecstatic and/or delirious feeling when ever u talk about Christians
Re: Why Would God Need Prophets, Pastors And Evangelism? by Macelliot(m): 8:07pm On Dec 28, 2013
Logicboy03:

Who needs a town crier? Sorry, if your God needs a town crier, he is stuck in the past!! grin grin grin
You have no point. An Ignorant man.
It is better for a donkey to walk through the mouth of a needle than an atheist to understand the meaning of life.
Satan is the founder of atheism. He wants to make sure that people won't obey GOD. He hates GOD. He wants ur soul(logicboy) to be lost forever.
It's better u were not born into this world, than to be without light in ur soul.
I don't blame u for your ignorance, but I blame satan who loves to destroy souls.
It's better you repent when you are still alive, because if you don't, your soul will be lost forever and ever.
An Ignorant fool who has a blind soul.

satan is a failure in my life.

Immediately you die, u will understand. Your soul, lost lost lost for for for ever.
I pray it won't be late before you realise.

A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Why Would God Need Prophets, Pastors And Evangelism? by Macelliot(m): 8:11pm On Dec 28, 2013
Logicboy03:

I once said you are an Ignorant man full of stupidity.
Satan has blocked ur heart.
When did internet, fb, twitter, youtube came into existence.
Hmmm, An Ignorant logicboy, who seeks peoples attention with false and satanic proofs.
Re: Why Would God Need Prophets, Pastors And Evangelism? by Macelliot(m): 8:49pm On Dec 28, 2013
Jesus Christ is my Saviour. GOD ALMIGHTY is my light, no atheism/satanism/paganism can stop ME.
Re: Why Would God Need Prophets, Pastors And Evangelism? by Sylvekzee(m): 1:36am On Dec 30, 2013
Macelliot: [b]Truely, I keeps thinking that every atheist are always full of ignorances.

Repent!!!

Dude are you for real? If any of these men you mentioned were to be any " omni omni anything" I'm quiet sure things would be done like they are omni omni anything.

Think of it this way "I have 5 brothers whom I have given mandates to stand in surulere, Ikeja, Ajegunle, VI and in the village so they can tell Seun I have been banned from NL, in case any of them sees him "
Re: Why Would God Need Prophets, Pastors And Evangelism? by libero00: 2:10am On Dec 30, 2013
Macelliot:
It is better for a donkey to walk through the mouth of a needle than an atheist to understand the meaning of life.
Satan is the founder of atheism. He wants to make sure that people won't obey GOD. He hates GOD. He wants ur soul(logicboy) to be lost forever.
It's better u were not born into this world, than to be without light in ur soul.
I don't blame u for your ignorance, but I blame satan who loves to destroy souls.
It's better you repent when you are still alive, because if you don't, your soul will be lost forever and ever.

Immediately you die, u will understand. Your soul, lost lost lost for for for ever.

this is getting tiring. google it there is no such thing as the soul. it is a mistake the bible writers made. they also believed that the earth was square. i saw this somewhere:
After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth
Re: Why Would God Need Prophets, Pastors And Evangelism? by texanomaly(f): 4:20am On Dec 30, 2013
libero00:

this is getting tiring. google it there is no such thing as the soul. it is a mistake the bible writers made. they also believed that the earth was square. i saw this somewhere:

Seriously... undecided

Maybe you should Google the bolded. smh
Re: Why Would God Need Prophets, Pastors And Evangelism? by frank317: 4:24am On Dec 30, 2013
Macelliot:

A word is enough for the wise.
Unfortunately u have never seen satan b4, bt u talk of him as if he he is ur nxt door neigbor, do u think u are ok?
U are ready to insult and call a person who doubts invincible unaccountablE phenomenm a fool, meanwhile u are actuaLly crazy for believing in non existent things.

Pls what actually makes u think u are wise? What have u ever done in ur life that shows u are wise?

U think not thinking and wondering is wise? Is ur brain made of foam?
Re: Why Would God Need Prophets, Pastors And Evangelism? by frank317: 4:27am On Dec 30, 2013
Macelliot: Jesus Christ is my Saviour. GOD ALMIGHTY is my light, no atheism/satanism/paganism can stop ME.

Good for u, no wonder u talk anyhow.
All i hear is... I am a mad man and no sane person can stop me from being mad
Re: Why Would God Need Prophets, Pastors And Evangelism? by libero00: 9:18am On Dec 30, 2013
texanomaly:

Seriously... undecided

Maybe you should Google the bolded. smh

i did and came up with this: revelation 7:1 kjv of the pentecostal bible. I am not sure if it is in the catholic bible,the book of mormon, the lost scriptures of the bible, the remaining parts of the bible hidden in the vatican, gospel of phillip,the gospel of judas, denominational teachings. Guess i don't know god's word cheesy
Re: Why Would God Need Prophets, Pastors And Evangelism? by Chubhie: 9:38am On Dec 30, 2013
plaetton:
grin
Good observation.
I ask that same question everyday, and i wonder why many people do not ask the same question.
Why , for example , would the creator of the universe choose a sly fox, a fraudster like Benny Hinn, Pat Robertson, Creflo Onye Oshi Dollar, Circus Clown TB Joshua, and a great horde of other criminals and conmen to spread his words?

If god truely existed, religion would not exist at all.
Have you recently or ever seen worshipers of the almighty Gravity preaching about the great power of the force?

To my mind, it is laziness from the pew that makes such “men of God” seem larger than life. If the pew will wake up and realize that in spirituality everyone has equal right to access the realm beyond the physical then, such men will probably be outta business.

There's a veil in between the physical and metaphysical and only those who have done the “needful” to get the pass lord it over the sheep. Everyone qualifies if and only if you can meet requirements.
Re: Why Would God Need Prophets, Pastors And Evangelism? by Macelliot(m): 10:40am On Dec 30, 2013
libero00:

The North, South, East and West.
Re: Why Would God Need Prophets, Pastors And Evangelism? by Macelliot(m): 10:44am On Dec 30, 2013
frank3.16:

Unfortunately u have never seen satan b4, bt u talk of him as if he he is ur nxt door neigbor, do u think u are ok?
U are ready to insult and call a person who doubts invincible unaccountablE phenomenm a fool, meanwhile u are actuaLly crazy for believing in non existent things.

Pls what actually makes u think u are wise? What have u ever done in ur life that shows u are wise?

U think not thinking and wondering is wise? Is ur brain made of foam?
This is the best answer for u.
Birds of the same feather flocks together
Re: Why Would God Need Prophets, Pastors And Evangelism? by Macelliot(m): 10:58am On Dec 30, 2013
frank3.16:

Are u angry that I didn't sided with atheism(whose founder is satan).
If you don't believe in GOD, where do u morality came from and where will your soul go to after motality?
Re: Why Would God Need Prophets, Pastors And Evangelism? by Macelliot(m): 11:00am On Dec 30, 2013
frank3.16:

Are u angry that I didn't sided with atheism(whose founder is satan).
If you don't believe in GOD, where do ur morality came from and where will your soul go to after motality?

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I Became A Rational Skeptic / Why Did We Start Celebrating Christmas? / How Was Jesus Able To Suppress his sexual Urges While On Earth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.