Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:43 PM

Why Would God Need Prophets, Pastors And Evangelism? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Would God Need Prophets, Pastors And Evangelism? (1293 Views)

Why Would God Fill The Oceans With Water We Can't Drink? / Appraisal: Are Our Prophets Right About 2015 Election? / Would God Send A Young Kid To Hell Fire? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Would God Need Prophets, Pastors And Evangelism? by Macelliot(m): 11:01am On Dec 30, 2013
frank3.16:

Good for u, no wonder u talk anyhow.
All i hear is... I am a mad man and no sane person can stop me from being mad
Re: Why Would God Need Prophets, Pastors And Evangelism? by ManhunterTM(m): 11:01am On Dec 30, 2013
Macelliot:
Are u angry that I didn't sided with atheism(whose founder is satan).
If you don't believe in GOD, where do u morality came from and where will your soul go to after motality?
New fun fact
* Atheism was founded by no other person but Satan in the year
* If you don't believe in God, then you cannot be moral
Re: Why Would God Need Prophets, Pastors And Evangelism? by ManhunterTM(m): 11:05am On Dec 30, 2013
Mr Macelliot, regarding morals, could you answer this question?
Let's say you stopped believing in God for a second, would you turn into a serial killer overnight because of your unbelief?
Re: Why Would God Need Prophets, Pastors And Evangelism? by libero00: 11:05am On Dec 30, 2013
Macelliot:
The North, South, East and West.

Come on dude.corners not cardinal points The earth is a sphere. There are no corners in a sphere.
The bible writers thought that bats were birds not mammals.
"And these are they which ye shall have in abomination among the fowls; they shall not be eaten, they are an abomination: the eagle, and the ossifrage, and the ospray, And the vulture . . . And the stork, the heron after her kind, and the lapwing, and the bat."(Leviticus 11:13-19, where "fowl" isoph.Repeated in Deuteronomy 14:11-20, calling the same list "birds" [tsippor] and "fowls" [oph])

They also thought that thinking processes are done in the heart. The heart is an organ that pumps blood--it does not process thoughts, although the biblical writers erroneously thought it did. The word "brain" appears nowhere in the bible.
"And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually." (Genesis 6:5) "As he thinketh in his heart, so is he." (Proverbs 23:7) "And Jesus, perceiving the thought of their heart, took a child, and set him by him." (Luke 9:47) "For the word of God is quick, and powerful . . . and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." (Hebrews 4:12)See also Deuteronomy 15:9, Judges 5:15, I Chronicles 29:18, Esther 6:6, Job 17:11, Psalm 10:6, Psalm 33:11, Jeremiah 23:20, Isaiah 10:7, Daniel 2:30, Acts 8:22.
The word "heart" in the bible was not used in the modern sense of "emotion" because it is depicted as having thoughts, intentions, and imaginations. The emotions were usually considered to be in the kidneys.
In biblical times, the kidneys ("reins"wink were the seat of the emotions. "Reins" was used roughly then as "heart" is sometimes used today:"Thus my heart was grieved, and I was pricked in my reins." (Psalm 73:21) "Yea, my reins shall rejoice, when thy lips speak right things. Let not my heart envy sinners." (Proverbs 23:16-17) "I the Lord search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways." (Jeremiah 17:10) "All the churches will know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts." (Revelation 2:23).
Wake up man. You are living a delusion.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I Became A Rational Skeptic / If You Are A Christian, Please Stop Doing These 5 Things. / Do You Know That Many Verses Has Been Deleted From NIV, ESV? See Deleted Verses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.