Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

House Did Not Call For My Sack-Oduah Insists - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / House Did Not Call For My Sack-Oduah Insists (785 Views)

Don’t Order My Sack, Mbu Begs Court / My Take On Stella Oduah's Fake MBA Degree - Femi Fani-kayode / Obanikoro: Fashola’s Official Car Costs More Than Oduah’s Bulletproof Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

House Did Not Call For My Sack-Oduah Insists by ghettodreamz(m): 6:19am On Dec 28, 2013
The Minister of Aviation, Ms Stella Oduah on Tuesday said the House of Representatives Committee on Aviation’s report did not recommend her sack by President Goodluck Jonathan.

Oduah, who was responding to a question that drew her attention to the report said that “what they said is that Mr President can and should review; that is what they said there”.

She however asked the journalist who asked the question to go back to school.

“I think it means you don’t read or you probably don’t understand English, because I read it” adding that “what they said is that Mr. President can and should review; that is what they said there. Probably, you should go back to school” she said.

The minister said this while fielding questions from journalists after inspecting remodelled facilities at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos.

The House of Representatives had urged President Goodluck Jonathan to review the continued engagement of Ms Stella for contravening the Appropriation Act 2013 following the report of its Committee on Aviation.

According to the report, the minister also contravened the Appropriation Act by exceeding the ministry’s approval limit of N100 million by the purchase of 54 vehicles at N643 million.

This was a major part of the resolutions adopted by the lawmakers after considering the report of the House Committee on Aviation, on the purchase of two armoured cars for N643 million.

The report said that the two BMW armoured cars procured in the process were neither provided for in the Act of 2013, nor was there due process followed in their procurement.

The House has also directed the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) to terminate all transactions and loan agreements entered into on the matter.

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) are to also investigate the discrepancies in the chasis number DW68032 of one of the vehicles inspected by the committee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7U_QulaB9g

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/12/27/house-did-not-call-for-my-sack-oduah-insists/

(1) (Reply)

Jonathanislastpdp President–primate Ayodele / The Other Side Of Imo Oil Tale / Rivers Assembly Majority Leader, Lloyd, Arrested For Alleged Murder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.