Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,399 members, 7,781,150 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:51 AM

Fashola Approves 120 Cars For Lagos Monarchs - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Approves 120 Cars For Lagos Monarchs (15227 Views)

Caution Fayose - APC To Yoruba Monarchs / Tinubu, Fashola Planning To Bribe Lagos Monarchs, PDP Alleges / Lagos Monarchs Get N46m Car Gift From Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Approves 120 Cars For Lagos Monarchs by Nobody: 8:11pm On Dec 29, 2013
@taharqa, don't tell me it is the following post you find hypocritical?

Re: Fashola Approves 120 Cars For Lagos Monarchs by macof(m): 8:16pm On Dec 29, 2013
9jagirl4re: You miserable outcast I don't blame you talking village this village that you don't even know your Papa's village, your mama is an aswho in trader area so all you know is one car parts man is your father and you come here hating Igbo's day in day out go find your papa worthless old fool!

The three automobiles were reportedly bought for Asiwaju Tinubu and Governor Fashola on grounds of 'security'

Insiders revealed that the two political figures have not gone public with their jeeps.

http://nigeriafilms.com/news/12969/4/
http://www.modernghana.com/movie/12652/3/govfasholaasiwaju-bola-ahmed-tinubu-get-n600-milli.html

All of this in 2011 before the Stella drama but you people were happy for him

Sister Stella oduah was a criminal who stole from federal government in secrecy before being exposed. Fasola is openly taking from state funds and giving to Kings. Don't even compare the two scenery
Re: Fashola Approves 120 Cars For Lagos Monarchs by macof(m): 8:19pm On Dec 29, 2013
olala32: They are spending bayelsa oil money .... Will no dey vex o.
undecided are u ok?
Re: Fashola Approves 120 Cars For Lagos Monarchs by nduchucks: 8:27pm On Dec 29, 2013
They may need to revise the budget for these cars, since they will cost at least twice their current prices because of the new GEJ tariff regime. Does anyone know whether waivers have been issued by the Feds for these cars or is Lagos State planning to buy the N1.2 million Nigerian made vehicles for the royal fathers?

Those Royal fathers have high taste and I do not believe that they will be willing to drive any car similar to this Smart car:

or this one, for N1million with availability in 2016:

May God keep trailers in their paths when Nigerians start using these cheap, locally made vehicles.
Re: Fashola Approves 120 Cars For Lagos Monarchs by macof(m): 8:30pm On Dec 29, 2013
ikeyman00: @@@

fashola must go!

certainly not with those 2 bullet proof car

bicycle will do shocked

Can you buy Bicycle for your father?
Re: Fashola Approves 120 Cars For Lagos Monarchs by macof(m): 8:32pm On Dec 29, 2013
remzytimer: Wait a minute! Why not include the poor in d budget, what poverty alleviation programme have u carried out, what's stopping u from making provision for scholarship for student in all state schools in dt budget...do u care about how exorbitant state school fees is... Why won't you give them cars, so as to help you manipulate elections, you can continue to keep ballot boxes and papers in the palace for your evil act. God is the only one who seated on the throne forever and he shall judge us all accordingly.

Shut up and stop spreading your mumu syndrome. Lagos state government runs free education and I've never met a poor lagosian
Re: Fashola Approves 120 Cars For Lagos Monarchs by macof(m): 8:33pm On Dec 29, 2013
me_for_you: How many traditional rulers do they have in lagos? Abi fashola bought 120 cars for all the traditional rulers in west Africa?

Them plenty, Lagos na center of traditional rulers
Re: Fashola Approves 120 Cars For Lagos Monarchs by macof(m): 8:35pm On Dec 29, 2013
cyril10: This Agbayameta is shameless, always defending his thieving south west governors with bay face lying while on the other hand insult other state governors. What a shameless biased yoruba man

Thriving not thieving. Our governors don't thief
Re: Fashola Approves 120 Cars For Lagos Monarchs by Nobody: 9:06pm On Dec 29, 2013
agbameta:

I don't do insults, but I do respond to insults accordingly.

Don't insult other people if you don't want to be insulted.

Btw, either you genuinely missed all the insults and name calling thrown my way even right above your post or you are just being fake and disingenuous with your one sided concerns about insults.

...guess you see only what you love to see based on your own tribal lens and coloration..
am concerned about insults on both side bro,i just voice my concern ,no hard feeling bro
Re: Fashola Approves 120 Cars For Lagos Monarchs by agbameta: 9:18pm On Dec 29, 2013
presher: am concerned about insults on both side bro,i just voice my concern ,no hard feeling bro

But you are yet to quote other people with your concern ... pleased stop all the fake apostle rubbish abeg..
Re: Fashola Approves 120 Cars For Lagos Monarchs by Nobody: 9:26pm On Dec 29, 2013
agbameta:

But you are yet to quote other people with your concern ... pleased stop all the fake apostle rubbish abeg..

Unrepentant and ret@ded bigot.
You went to school because your mom use to work as a cleaner and domestic washer to those Igbos.
Swear that your dad didnt work as a gateman and driver to any of those roadside Igbos.
The evil they did to you was by employing your parents so that you will be useful in life,dont hate brother its nobody's fault that the Igbos chose to be traders while your uncles chose to be extortionists via alayes and agberos.
When thier containers land your cousins will become jobbers and offloaders yet they have stayed in the same environment for a very long time and never find it wise to set up a business of similar nature.
Wise up,tell your folks that there is no future in living off Igbo traders peanuts and egunjes.
You people owns the land,why cant it feed you people,strangers,visitors are coming from far and near within few years they are already successful but your folks will chose to man all the entrance and exits of Alaba,Ladipo,Apapa,ASPAMDA,Mandilas,Otigba etc doing what ''extorting N5,N10,N20,N50" from every container that passed through thier ways.They dont even eat the crumbs that fall off the traders table because an importer made N5m and gave you N120 as gatefee,your greeting like you havnt seen money in your life,after 2weeks your still greeting for a token of N120 from someone that made N5m from a single transaction.....my brother Devil is dancing Skelewu with your destiny.
Wake up and smell the coffe,your people are just lazy, gullible and myopic...believe it or dont.
NB;Not an abuse but an advice,complements of the season

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Approves 120 Cars For Lagos Monarchs by agbameta: 9:48pm On Dec 29, 2013
Buddah Monk: [s]

You went to school because your mom use to work as a cleaner and domestic washer to those Igbos.
Swear that your dad didnt work as a gateman and driver to any of those roadside Igbos.
The evil they did to you was by employing your parents so that you will be useful in life,dont hate brother its nobody's fault that the Igbos chose to be traders while your uncles chose to be extortionists via alayes and agberos.
When thier containers land your cousins will become jobbers and offloaders yet they have stayed in the same environment for a very long time and never find it wise to set up a business of similar nature.
Wise up,tell your folks that there is no future in living off Igbo traders peanuts and egunjes.
You people owns the land,why cant it feed you people,strangers,visitors are coming from far and near within few years they are already successful but your folks will chose to man all the entrance and exits of Alaba,Ladipo,Apapa,ASPAMDA,Mandilas,Otigba etc doing what ''extorting N5,N10,N20,N50" from every container that passed through thier ways.They dont even eat the crumbs that fall off the traders table because an importer made N5m and gave you N120 as gatefee,your greeting like you havnt seen money in your life,after 2weeks your still greeting for a token of N120 from someone that made N5m from a single transaction.....my brother Devil is dancing Skelewu with your destiny.
Wake up and smell the coffe,your people are just lazy, gullible and myopic...believe it or dont.
NB;Not an abuse but an advice,complements of the season[/s]

Back to sender including your entire household and the rest of your village x 1 billion..
Re: Fashola Approves 120 Cars For Lagos Monarchs by BarristerRoy(m): 10:04pm On Dec 29, 2013
With all this, the Country is never going forward but will continue sinking like the Titanic Ship..
Re: Fashola Approves 120 Cars For Lagos Monarchs by Man4LordJesus: 10:36pm On Dec 29, 2013
Can somebody check out this thread A REVOLUTION IN POST UTME ADMINISTRATION: GOODBYE TO MISSING SCRIPTS/RESULTS. A solution which promises that the paper scripts of the Post UTME candidates shall be marked, printed and handed to the candidates ever before they leave the hall:
https://www.nairaland.com/1573082/revolution-post-utme-administration-goodbye#20541190
Re: Fashola Approves 120 Cars For Lagos Monarchs by ikeyman00(m): 10:43pm On Dec 29, 2013
@@@

Back to sender including your entire household and the rest of your village x 1 billion..

send to tifinu table
Re: Fashola Approves 120 Cars For Lagos Monarchs by willibounce: 11:00pm On Dec 29, 2013
Fashole and Tinubu are bloody touts and cra..zy thieves. They are con men who have succeeded in deceiving gullible Lagosians.

Are these not thsme men who wnt to build a phantom megacity? Megacity filled with crazy, lazy and annoying yoruba touts collecting free money from ppl who are working.

Now they are buying cars for redundant kings who do absolutely nothing than breed more touts in d name of omo onile and iya oloja.
Do they mean tht these kings do not already have fleets of cars?

Lagosians should wake up and tackle these con men. They are like d devil. They give you 100naira and take 100thousand naira from u.

May God, Sango, Oya, Ogun, Sopona, Esu, punish all naija politicians one after d other nd their supporters. Awon ole rada rada!
Re: Fashola Approves 120 Cars For Lagos Monarchs by MayorofLagos(m): 11:12pm On Dec 29, 2013
Buddah Monk:

NB;Not an abuse but an advice,complements of the season

Why are you complaining so much, eh? You dont have sea in your land we bring you to Lagos, you have a view of the sea, you ride on metro bus, you see bridges and skyscrapers, very soon you will be riding in metro trains, all things you have no hope of experiencing in village. You send picture back home of Lagos scyscraper in background. Thank omo onile for all that opportunity to shine. Pay omo onile his egunje and shut up.
Re: Fashola Approves 120 Cars For Lagos Monarchs by MayorofLagos(m): 11:29pm On Dec 29, 2013
willibounce: Fashole and Tinubu are bloody touts and cra..zy thieves. They are con men who have succeeded in deceiving gullible Lagosians.

Are these not thsme men who wnt to build a phantom megacity? Megacity filled with crazy, lazy and annoying yoruba touts collecting free money from ppl who are working.

Now they are buying cars for redundant kings who do absolutely nothing than breed more touts in d name of omo onile and iya oloja.
Do they mean tht these kings do not already have fleets of cars?

Lagosians should wake up and tackle these con men. They are like d devil. They give you 100naira and take 100thousand naira from u.

May God, Sango, Oya, Ogun, Sopona, Esu, punish all naija politicians one after d other nd their supporters. Awon ole rada rada!

Lagos makes enough income to fund the budget of the entire Eastern states. Unlike Adaobi who cant run village govt without FG, Fashola does not wait around for federation money. Obi gets federal government money and turns around and spend it buying patrol vans for police and building barracks aand roads for army. Fashola is spending his IGR, not federal money, on his people, not on federal agencies. Adaobi got his priorities wrong! If Fashola was your governor none of you will abandon your land. You cant stand your own people you must have a Yoruba man rule over you thats why you troop to West. We shall continue to rule over you and please make sure you pay tax + omo onile money, otherwise there will be plenty misunderstanding.

When we start regional government you must pay tax to individual Yoruba state you are in + regional govt tax + egunje.
Re: Fashola Approves 120 Cars For Lagos Monarchs by willibounce: 11:54pm On Dec 29, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos:

Lagos makes enough income to fund the budget of the entire Eastern states. Unlike Adaobi who cant run village govt without FG, Fashola does not wait around for federation money. Obi gets federal government money and turns around and spend it buying patrol vans for police and building barracks aand roads for army. Fashola is spending his IGR, not federal money, on his people, not on federal agencies. Adaobi got his priorities wrong! If Fashola was your governor none of you will abandon your land. You cant stand your own people you must have a Yoruba man rule over you thats why you troop to West. We shall continue to rule over you and please make sure you pay tax + omo onile money, otherwise there will be plenty misunderstanding.

When we start regional government you must pay tax to individual Yoruba state you are in + regional govt tax + egunje.

What is my biz with Adaobi? I'm talking about two big thieves in Lagos and some irrelevant kings, ur talking nonsense. Abi dem give u car ni?
Re: Fashola Approves 120 Cars For Lagos Monarchs by MayorofLagos(m): 12:11am On Dec 30, 2013
willibounce:

What is my biz with Adaobi? I'm talking about two big thieves in Lagos and some irrelevant kings, ur talking nonsense. Abi dem give u car ni?

The topic is not about thieves. If you want to talk thieves lets talk about adaobi who built mansions and malls in North and West and nothing at home. Lets talk about a governor collecting money from FG and spending it on FG instead of his people. Get your priorities right or shut up.
Re: Fashola Approves 120 Cars For Lagos Monarchs by Nobody: 1:34am On Dec 30, 2013
Are you serious? Is the news for real?! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Fashola Approves 120 Cars For Lagos Monarchs by leofab(f): 5:04am On Dec 30, 2013
Give it up for Ilu{mu}gu.nboy the crowned tribalist for 2013.. he
has displaced Bluetooth..

1 Like

Re: Fashola Approves 120 Cars For Lagos Monarchs by Onegai(f): 6:14am On Dec 30, 2013
PapaBrowne:

My money was used anyhow but at least I was told first before they used it anyhow. Your money was used anyhow but they didn't tell you first, they just used it anyhow.

Very funny how Nigerians have become a sad complexion of their chosen leaders. In all cases, money that would have been used to build hospitals or roads or classrooms have been spent frivolously and we suffer the consequenses, yet we say the man across the river did the same thing but he did it without telling his people while our own told is first. This is sad and pathetic.

Now let me break down to you what the amount spent on 200 cars would have done for Lagos.

Been that it's been given to Obas, the cars must be above average. So I would assume a price of at least 5-8 million Naira given by the amount a Camry sells for in this country. That leaves of with btw 600 million and 960 million on cars for traditional rulers who play no constitutional role in the state.

That amount of money would

1) Buy 5000 solar street lights at $1000 each. It would have lighted permanently at least 250 streets in Lagos

2)It would have bought 30-40 BRT buses at N20m each

3) It would have started an rapid response ambulance system for lagos state with 50 ambulances and a complete command and control centre.

4) It would have built a world class mental institution to rid the streets of Lagos state of the unsightly mad people we see regularly.

5)It would have built a world class IT hub that would give the many young programming brainiards a base to launch their start-ups making lagos a potential silicon valley which could churn billions of dollars for the city in the future.

6) It could have built a trailer park for the teeming number of trailers on Apapa Oshodi expressway thereby allowing free flow of traffic.

7) It could have placed traffic lights in all major streets in Lagos.

cool Would have started a functional fire station with at least 10 trucks.

9)Would have done some much. But no he would rather give traditional rulers!!!

Your intelligence scares and reassures me. If more people think like you, there's hope for this country.

Almost nothing is free at any Lagos state public hospital, Fashola has refused to pay arrears of doctors too. But when your child or loved one is rushed there to an emergency and they don't have oxygen tanks to use or ask you to buy every expensive medicine other than Paracetamol (though the Commissioner of Health d his boss swear they provide free healthcare for children and the elderly), console yourself that your local traditional ruler is driving a nice car.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Approves 120 Cars For Lagos Monarchs by sleekdre: 8:49am On Dec 30, 2013
agbameta: ^^^^ That's your grammatical limitations and ability to articulate your village thoughts?

Fvuking villagers. lmao

You're truly a DUNCE!!
Re: Fashola Approves 120 Cars For Lagos Monarchs by femooshad(m): 10:56am On Dec 30, 2013
come to think of it.. Somewhere in the middle east .. writing against the government is treason and is punishable by death. .. we have such a priviledge yet we use it foolishly

if you are to argue, argue with reason and argue with purpose

"I have found people worse than killers..... politicians"" lol I saw that in a seasonal movie ( Under the Dome) grin
Re: Fashola Approves 120 Cars For Lagos Monarchs by DarkLover: 11:20am On Dec 30, 2013
agbameta:

STFU you dumb asss olodo villager, no such thing exist and we've busted that ibo 419 nonsense already so take your village asss back to the drawing board for another 419 trash to peddle...

https://www.nairaland.com/1545394/photos-governor-fashola-acquires-two

What Papabrowne has said is pretty right, the money would have been used to build better infrastructures for Lagosians , and I'll call it a misplaced budget, and Agbameta you shouldn't have criticise him because he actually said the truth, we all know how Nigerians including the lagosians are strapped of basic amenities. I am a Nigerian from western part of the country, Ekiti state precisely , my family had lived in Lagos before moving to Abuja so I know Much about the suffering of Lagosians, the money allocated for this woulda gone along way achieving our dream mega city, besides the traditional rulers all have their respective ride/s. I think we should put away our tribal/ethnic and religion sentiment away when commenting/contributing on topics here, I've seen that a lot.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Approves 120 Cars For Lagos Monarchs by maxtamazin: 12:55pm On Dec 30, 2013
geeez: What's wrong with these Igbos?

Is it paining you that your Eze didn't make the list?

This is part of the budget for 2014

The traditional institutions are constitutionally recognized

The budget is an appropriation act which the LAHA will pass

So it's the collective will of Lagosians

If its paining you, go take a dive in an erosion gorge

Collective will of Lagosians? Are you serious? This collective will, does it include those who are hungry and graduate without employment roaming the street?

Traditional institutions are constitutionally recognised? so that means they should have free cars? this traditional obas have food to eat, place to sleep, salary every month(doing nothing). Do they need more? This is large scale corruption and hope they all burn in hell for making the people starve well they go to bed belle full.
Re: Fashola Approves 120 Cars For Lagos Monarchs by arkreality: 2:57pm On Dec 30, 2013
Infact I am shocked at this Ofe-Mmanu people.The way they go about defending Fashola sheepishly...This Obas are all wealthy people with with monies made fro Lands and atlaest each has 3-4 cars to boast of, wats the need for another car..AND LAGOS IS THE MOST INDEBTED STATE IN NIGERiA...Fashola pls keep borrowing and squandering we your mumu followers keeps defending u.
Re: Fashola Approves 120 Cars For Lagos Monarchs by arkreality: 3:05pm On Dec 30, 2013
agbameta:

Hahahaha!! Bros this one touch u wella. I can feel d FrAustration.
Re: Fashola Approves 120 Cars For Lagos Monarchs by agbameta: 3:34pm On Dec 30, 2013
Dark Lover:

What Papabrowne has said is pretty right, the money would have been used to build better infrastructures for Lagosians , and I'll call it a misplaced budget, and Agbameta you shouldn't have criticise him because he actually said the truth, we all know how Nigerians including the lagosians are strapped of basic amenities. I am a Nigerian from western part of the country, Ekiti state precisely , my family had lived in Lagos before moving to Abuja so I know Much about the suffering of Lagosians, the money allocated for this woulda gone along way achieving our dream mega city, besides the traditional rulers all have their respective ride/s. I think we should put away our tribal/ethnic and religion sentiment away when commenting/contributing on topics here, I've seen that a lot. Eko o ni baje o. Nigeria a kuku dara.

Either they didn't teach you and papabrown social studies and civic education or they did and you just didn't pay attention.

Traditional rulers are state officials, the state appoints them, the state pays their salaries and the constitution demands that the state provide for them and this is equally important like all the other stuff he spewed.

If you don't want your state buying cars for traditional rulers, then amend your constitution or just abolish all traditional institutions including your culture and heritage.

Criticizing the governor for doing his job as demanded by the constitution sounds misguided, ill informed and ignorant.

And who says the state is not doing all the rubbish he listed? You people need to find some other nonsense to cry about or even go pick up some social studies or civic education book to read.
Re: Fashola Approves 120 Cars For Lagos Monarchs by DarkLover: 4:35pm On Dec 30, 2013
agbameta:

Either they didn't teach you and papabrown social studies and civic education or they did and you just didn't pay attention.

Traditional rulers are state officials, the state appoints them, the state pays their salaries and the constitution demands that the state provide for them and this is equally important like all the other stuff he spewed.

If you don't want your state buying cars for traditional rulers, then amend your constitution or just abolish all traditional institutions including your culture and heritage.

Criticizing the governor for doing his job as demanded by the constitution sounds misguided, ill informed and ignorant.

And who says the state is not doing all the rubbish he listed? You people need to find some other nonsense to cry about or even go pick up some social studies or civic education book to read.

so u really meant that all he listed was rubbish?? Just wondering who lacks social studies or civic education here. well I'm still maintaining my position that the appropriation is misplaced, they already have fleet of exotic rides. The money should have been used to support the ones already budgeted for each community to build better infrastructure. There's huge infrastructures deficit in the country mi amigo.
Re: Fashola Approves 120 Cars For Lagos Monarchs by agbameta: 5:07pm On Dec 30, 2013
Dark Lover:

so u really meant that all he listed was rubbish??

It wasn't only rubbish, it was pointless and redundant simply because providing for traditional rulers as demanded by the constitution is equally important like any other state responsibility, unless doing your job as demanded by the constitution is against the law.

Just wondering who lacks social studies or civic education here.

I still maintain that you lack social studies and civic education since you are still confused about the government's constitutional obligations and our traditional institutions..

well I'm still maintaining my position that the appropriation is misplaced

All you are maintaining is cluelessness and ignorance because saying a governmental function dictated by the constitution is misplaced sounds very ignorant and uneducated.

You might want to assert that giving official cars to government employees is misplaced...

they already have fleet of exotic rides.

You know this because you bought the cars for them? You drove around the state counting each traditional ruler's cars or you just pulled that out of your assss? Please let us know where that came from.

The money should have been used to support the ones already budgeted for each community to build better infrastructure. There's huge infrastructures deficit in the country mi amigo.

Until you get rid of the constitution and also assert that governments should stop giving official cars to public officials, you are just spewing ignorance and ill informed BS.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

We Are Detaining Fani-kayode With A Valid Remand Warrant - EFCC / Witness Reveals Where Justice Ngwuta Hides Money / CAMA: Niger Delta Youths Condemn And Reject Amended Act

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.