Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:05 AM

If You're To Be The President Of Nigeria Now What Will Your First Task Be? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You're To Be The President Of Nigeria Now What Will Your First Task Be? (956 Views)

El-rufai To Critics : GO AND DIE If You're Not Happy Over My Appointees / Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS / Uninterrupted Electricity Impossible In Nigeria Now— Power Minister: Prof. Nebo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You're To Be The President Of Nigeria Now What Will Your First Task Be? by laplace19(m): 10:27pm On Dec 28, 2013
Most of us have been casting aspersions on our past presidents and present(oga Jona) due to being clueless of the underground problems in our country.....

I intend to hear from you guys,if you happen to be the president of this country now what will be your first task/work to perform that will take this nation to another dimension or bring a noticeable transition(for good)?

Like I will go first..... I will first of all scale down most of public offices remuneration including mine as the president,senators,house of reps,etc by 30 percent and use it to increase our education budget to 26 percent...... I believe this will bring a change,cos jumbo packages in public offices are outrageous,to the extent that a house of rep. earns more than US president(Obama) yearly.

Please,don't vituperate me,but you can criticise my words......

Let's hear from you guys.....God bless!
Re: If You're To Be The President Of Nigeria Now What Will Your First Task Be? by shorxynla(m): 10:43pm On Dec 28, 2013
My first task will be to relocate!

1 Like

Re: If You're To Be The President Of Nigeria Now What Will Your First Task Be? by laplace19(m): 10:47pm On Dec 28, 2013
shorxynla: My first task will be to relocate!

Relocate to where,bro?
Re: If You're To Be The President Of Nigeria Now What Will Your First Task Be? by Ditoya(m): 10:56pm On Dec 28, 2013
Cut down salaries of the lawmakers and co! Then revive the agricultural sector.
Re: If You're To Be The President Of Nigeria Now What Will Your First Task Be? by laplace19(m): 11:02pm On Dec 28, 2013
Ditoya: Cut down salaries of the lawmakers and co! Then revive the agricultural sector.

Well done,bro. Exactly my own first task.
Re: If You're To Be The President Of Nigeria Now What Will Your First Task Be? by gnykelly(m): 11:03pm On Dec 28, 2013
reform the police to be effective.
Agriculture.
Re: If You're To Be The President Of Nigeria Now What Will Your First Task Be? by jayseehe(m): 11:32pm On Dec 28, 2013
probe doz formerthieves politicians n use d money realised 4 good projects starting wit electricity...
Re: If You're To Be The President Of Nigeria Now What Will Your First Task Be? by xxKofoxx: 11:34pm On Dec 28, 2013
Bring fuel price to #20/litre
Re: If You're To Be The President Of Nigeria Now What Will Your First Task Be? by laplace19(m): 11:40pm On Dec 28, 2013
xxKofoxx: Bring fuel price to #20/litre

Won't it take years to accomplish that?....cos you need to reconstruct our refineries first/ build up new ones.
Re: If You're To Be The President Of Nigeria Now What Will Your First Task Be? by faithin9ja: 12:20am On Dec 29, 2013
laplace19:

Won't it take years to accomplish that?....cos you need to reconstruct our refineries first/ build up new ones.

Yeye people...... I will buy all your N20 fuel and sell it across the border for N150. Na only Nigeria like cheap fuel abi?
Re: If You're To Be The President Of Nigeria Now What Will Your First Task Be? by okoomoge2(m): 1:09am On Dec 29, 2013
Firstly, I will ensure our FG stops funding the
States
Re: If You're To Be The President Of Nigeria Now What Will Your First Task Be? by mazizitonene(m): 1:12am On Dec 29, 2013
Re: If You're To Be The President Of Nigeria Now What Will Your First Task Be? by here: 1:26am On Dec 29, 2013
To be updated:
1.It says ai can appoint Ministers not must so I will appoint just Justice,Finance,Health and Education. for 2years and fund for other offices used to renovate government buildings,provide water to homes in FCT and establish emergency call centers with Ambulance service 24/7
2.On advice of Attorney General cancel all licences of oil companies and renegotiate with percentage of production not royalties accepted.
3.Order the registration and regulation of farms like banks to attain such ability as taking volunteers planting and harvesting and volunteers able to obtain credits for further studies.Each farm afiliated to a school.
4.Obtain counterpart funds to establish farm produce storage areas in each state and in next 4 years 1 more LGA in each state.
5.Order mass recruitment of police officers but on reserve to be deployed when legal aparatus is completed on how to use 30% of present security vote of all stages to fund the salaries of these officers who shall operate shifts so can earn 50% less their regular officers
5.Order the estsblishment of call centres nationwide with ambulance services staff salaries to be paid from school fees of students in textiary levels.Dont forget government does everything for these schools so students will be made to pay direct to government.
6.Order the montly publication of reports of progress on all projects.
7.Order the registration of Nigerians with 6 months
8. Offer a basic health care insurance policy and every Nigerian willing will have to contribute 500 every month.Yes its possible and you can default 3 months but payup if you must access basic health care.What will be covered wiil be listed but major sugeries will not.
9.Send a bill to the National Assembly for establishment of police monitoring agency who shall operate and maintain a call center.
10. Evaluate the job of FERMA and order a scheme where it will have a call in line,if you observe a pot hole report it,they have been empowered to fix roads not by contracts and if its not done in 1week report it to the ministry of works and era of contracts must stop local labor but at standard.The 5% from fuel must be used and each usage to be monitored by EFCC
11.Every ministry must maintain a functional enguiry/complaint desk if more than 5 enguiries are not answered the perm sec is retired if it makes public.
12.Contract awards for roads willl be to local contractors but you build and maintain 5years.
13.All government schools primary to secondary renovated and timed.Renovate and maintain that way a renovated schook knows what year it will be revisited.
14.The armed forces must present their strategic plan to man and patrol all crude pipes on land specific kilometer and patrol modalities with civil defence as they enforce misceleneous offences act.The navy the sea and all ships leaving our waters must be logged and inspected and visuals taken on mediums as specified that cannot be altered.
15.Establishment of a border patrol agency and securing of the border.
16.Forward a bill making the office of the NSA constitutional,every security agency must respect that office and have a supervisor who can query them and cordinate intelligence sharing
17.The military must present a convincing strategy for northern crises of be ready to be headed by a Major.We cannot afford to have a case where rumours are they attacked from next country or we got information they attacked a villaged and by the time we got there they were gone.How can that be when you were deployed to that state and patrol should be 24/7.
18.Cancel all security contracts gotten through 3rd parties or middle men prizes are doubled in such cases
19.We need to train more doctors as how can we have barely about 20000 doctors for 160M persons?
20.from funds generated from health insurance and others we will commence building of different cadre of hospitals.
21.Empower the prisons and upgrade to skill centers to award credits for polytechnic diploma studies or open university.
22.Identify any area in a state through the CDC that is abandoned and where each is reckless on money and approach and court to order the state to attend to it,like states where some LGA has no road to get to but can afford private jet of 5billion
Re: If You're To Be The President Of Nigeria Now What Will Your First Task Be? by Dannylux: 8:29am On Dec 29, 2013
Hmm.. execute everyone that can impeach me and subsequently make myself a monarch. grin
Re: If You're To Be The President Of Nigeria Now What Will Your First Task Be? by Vivly(f): 9:04am On Dec 29, 2013
First, I'll suspend the constitution and strip all government officials of their position. Then I'll appoint 4 trusted persons to take care of the affairs of the 4 regions thereby abolishing federalism and making me the grand commander of the state. Btw, to prevent any coup, I'll appoint the commander of the military forces and they'll be subject to me.
grin grin
*this post is subject to modification*
Re: If You're To Be The President Of Nigeria Now What Will Your First Task Be? by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 29, 2013
To divide nigeria
Re: If You're To Be The President Of Nigeria Now What Will Your First Task Be? by PAT4HOT(m): 11:19am On Dec 29, 2013
I will share the national cake to all Nigerians, there will be no education, good roads, other basic amenities and infrastructures. If u dnt like it dat way,u use ur own share of d cake to suit urslf grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Opeyemi Bamidele "2014 Success" Tread. / Breaking News: Fresh Bomb Blast In Kaduna! / I Killed My Father In Anger, Says San’s Son.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.