Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,794 members, 7,806,193 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:48 PM

Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 (22277 Views)

Full List Of Winners At The Headies 2015 / Winners Of The Headies Awards 2013 & pictures (updates) / The Headies Awards 2013 Nomination List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by Hoebinar(m): 11:21am On Dec 29, 2013
Dear headies 2013 organizers,
Let me start by saying i am not just disappointed in you but u have just proved to us that Nigeria is not getting better any time soon. you have been manipulated by a greedy and hopeless telecommunications company (mtn) because they sponsored your event and you forgot the ultimate rule that awards are meant to be impartial and should be decided by the general public especially when u told us to vote. you distributed the awards among 4 mtn ambassadors (iyanya, davido, praiz, and kcee) and just 1 glo ambassador won (waje). Is that not politics or is it coincidence? Now let us analyze.

The headies 2013 was a flop, your stage was shaped like a models runway, the choreographers just lacked ideas and didn’t interpret the music, i have seen a better performance from Nigeria’s got talent. What was the gulder ultimate search theme song that was being played throughout the event? Who on earth uses the mavin slaves -dr shit and tiwa gabbage as presenters of an event? Oh I forgot, the awards lacked credibility and substance. Why did majority of the winners come from backstage, instead of coming from the crowd like it should be? I watched nickelodeon kids choice awards this year and it is far better than the over hyped headies which was not properly planned and hurriedly done #shame

Can you explain to us how olamide won best rap album? olamide has commercialized rap, we cannot tell if he is a rapper or a singer. As far as i am concerned, he is just an entertainer like dbanj. so where does vector, phyno, reminisce,ice prince and illbliss who represent real hip hop/rap stand? Don’t forget that there is a big difference between commercial rap and real rap. all he sings about is remind us that he is from the street but to be sincere terry g is more street than olamide and terry is not even a rapper #justsaying
How can harry song win most mtn most downloaded caller tune song for rip Mandela? when did Mandela die and do u want to compare that dead song with other club bangers in the same category? Simple, it is because harrysong is a label mate to your mtn ambassador (kcee). In my opinion jawon, waje,2 face, Clarence peters , blackmagic and davido deserved there awards. how can wizkid not win any  award? Someone who has been the most consistent and sought after this year. i am sure wizkid declined an interview from you that’s why he didn't win. in fact wizzy should be the artiste of the year. Why did dbanj, burnaboy, wandecoal, psquare, flavour not win anything? oh i know why, it is because they are Glo ambassadors.
Now explain to me why Sean tizzle won the next rated award and he was in the same category as burna boy who is obviously more relevant and talented. We all know Sean tizzle has the same old boring style and we can always predict his next song. Phyno too deserved the next rated award and how on planet earth did d-tunes win producer of the year? Someone who recycled 1 beat 5 times (kukere, your waist, mama eh,lenu by spicy, kilogbe). so where does ace producer del b that produced the national anthem limpopo stand? You are all insane!!!!!!

Infact, headies, mtn and Pdp should merge and start a new political party for the upcoming election in 2015. it should be named mhdp( mtn headies democratic party). we all know exactly what happened, mtn agreed to sponsor your event and they gave you the list of who should win. our votes did not count; do you think we are blind and foolish like yourself? Instead of your greedy mtn sponsors to improve their network, reduce tariffs and contribute to the growth of the nation, they will be sending me sms on how they gave free ipad and mp3 to those who sent a sms to a code. They spend all their time looking for how to extort customers and scam us with their ridiculous offers (free airplane and a trip to the moon)
i am sorry to say sir but if u continues this way your company will fold up and collapse because you are not an epitome of integrity. i am speaking on behalf of majority of Nigerians who know the truth and are not afraid to say it. those who feel this letter is nonsense should not forget to curse, insult and threaten me on @baddestdjtimmy. after my last 2 open letters, i have been insulted, chewed up, spit out, as being very jobless, hopeless and a broke laptop dj. you guys don’t know how much i love the insults so it means i am doing a good job and it makes me stronger. So in conclusion, if u have the opportunity to host another award show, learn from your mistakes and let our votes count this time. Let those who deserve it win, is that too much to ask?

By Dj Timmy (@baddestdjtimmy)
Critic/professional club and events DJ

148 Likes

Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by 3coins(m): 11:51am On Dec 29, 2013
Well said,burna boy nt winning d nxt rated award is completely unacceptable

7 Likes

Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by rill: 12:59pm On Dec 29, 2013
The poster above dy vex me.
Anyways, still 2nd to comment cry
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by 3coins(m): 1:02pm On Dec 29, 2013
rill: The poster above dy vex me.
Anyways, still 2nd to comment cry
tongue

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by feeekey(f): 1:29pm On Dec 29, 2013
Beef ndiala (in phyno's voice)
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by 3coins(m): 1:38pm On Dec 29, 2013
feeekey: Beef ndiala (in phyno's voice)
grin

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by moufan: 1:42pm On Dec 29, 2013
Hoebinar: Dear headies 2013 organizers,
Let me start by saying i am not just disappointed in you but u have just proved to us that Nigeria is not getting better any time soon. you have been manipulated by a greedy and hopeless telecommunications company (mtn) because they sponsored your event and you forgot the ultimate rule that awards are meant to be impartial and should be decided by the general public especially when u told us to vote. you distributed the awards among 4 mtn ambassadors (iyanya, davido, praiz, and kcee) and just 1 glo ambassador won (waje). Is that not politics or is it coincidence? Now let us analyze.

The headies 2013 was a flop, your stage was shaped like a models runway, the choreographers just lacked ideas and didn’t interpret the music, i have seen a better performance from Nigeria’s got talent. What was the gulder ultimate search theme song that was being played throughout the event? Who on earth uses the mavin slaves -dr shit and tiwa gabbage as presenters of an event? Oh I forgot, the awards lacked credibility and substance. Why did majority of the winners come from backstage, instead of coming from the crowd like it should be? I watched nickelodeon kids choice awards this year and it is far better than the over hyped headies which was not properly planned and hurriedly done #shame

Can you explain to us how olamide won best rap album? olamide has commercialized rap, we cannot tell if he is a rapper or a singer. As far as i am concerned, he is just an entertainer like dbanj. so where does vector, phyno, reminisce,ice prince and illbliss who represent real hip hop/rap stand? Don’t forget that there is a big difference between commercial rap and real rap. all he sings about is remind us that he is from the street but to be sincere terry g is more street than olamide and terry is not even a rapper #justsaying
How can harry song win most mtn most downloaded caller tune song for rip Mandela? when did Mandela die and do u want to compare that dead song with other club bangers in the same category? Simple, it is because harrysong is a label mate to your mtn ambassador (kcee). In my opinion jawon, waje,2 face, Clarence peters , blackmagic and davido deserved there awards. how can wizkid not win any  award? Someone who has been the most consistent and sought after this year. i am sure wizkid declined an interview from you that’s why he didn't win. in fact wizzy should be the artiste of the year. Why did dbanj, burnaboy, wandecoal, psquare, flavour not win anything? oh i know why, it is because they are Glo ambassadors.
Now explain to me why Sean tizzle won the next rated award and he was in the same category as burna boy who is obviously more relevant and talented. We all know Sean tizzle has the same old boring style and we can always predict his next song. Phyno too deserved the next rated award and how on planet earth did d-tunes win producer of the year? Someone who recycled 1 beat 5 times (kukere, your waist, mama eh,lenu by spicy, kilogbe). so where does ace producer del b that produced the national anthem limpopo stand? You are all insane!!!!!!

Infact, headies, mtn and Pdp should merge and start a new political party for the upcoming election in 2015. it should be named mhdp( mtn headies democratic party). we all know exactly what happened, mtn agreed to sponsor your event and they gave you the list of who should win. our votes did not count; do you think we are blind and foolish like yourself? Instead of your greedy mtn sponsors to improve their network, reduce tariffs and contribute to the growth of the nation, they will be sending me sms on how they gave free ipad and mp3 to those who sent a sms to a code. They spend all their time looking for how to extort customers and scam us with their ridiculous offers (free airplane and a trip to the moon)
i am sorry to say sir but if u continues this way your company will fold up and collapse because you are not an epitome of integrity. i am speaking on behalf of majority of Nigerians who know the truth and are not afraid to say it. those who feel this letter is nonsense should not forget to curse, insult and threaten me on @baddestdjtimmy. after my last 2 open letters, i have been insulted, chewed up, spit out, as being very jobless, hopeless and a broke laptop dj. you guys don’t know how much i love the insults so it means i am doing a good job and it makes me stronger. So in conclusion, if u have the opportunity to host another award show, learn from your mistakes and let our votes count this time. Let those who deserve it win, is that too much to ask?

By Dj Timmy (@baddestdjtimmy)
Critic/professional club and events DJ
hmmmn,very incomprehensible trash

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by Oyinprince(m): 3:11pm On Dec 29, 2013
moufan: hmmmn,very incomprehensible trash
nd u quoted all dat to post trash too?? @OP ,im nt a fan of dose artistes,so i dnt know if dey deserved deir awards,t's funny dey r all mtn's ambassador.BTW, im hapi 4 Nikki Laoye

17 Likes

Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by Andyblaze: 5:13pm On Dec 29, 2013

Yes we are in the Season of Open letters!

We are not there yet, but we will get there. Our stage, lightings, audio quality etc in Life events might not be Top notch but you have to know we are only 2nd to South Africa. As time goes on we'll get better.

As for those who received awards and those who didn't - una don forget say na Naija we dey

Anyway join this important discussion here - www.nairaland.com/1574362/dear-ladies-not-appreciate-it
angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by ajasa4link: 10:16pm On Dec 29, 2013
The author of this trash is just a bitter niggar who will complain about everything that doesn't go his way ,just making baseless accusations. The problem is people like him think they know everything when they actually know next to nothing. Hear him call Don jazzy and tiwa savage " mavin slaves " as if any of his family members is half as successful as the two stars are.
Even a deaf man knows olamide's Ybnl is the most successful rap album in the period under review (mid 2012 - June 2013), but our bitter friend here will not agree with that and even accuse olamide of commercializing rap when in fact,reminisce,vector, phyno and his other hyped thin God are guilty of the same offence. And for u to even consider ice prince as what rap represents says a whole lot about what u know about hiphop.
For God's sake,stop asking the dumb question why this or that artist did not win the award,the answer is simple; BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKE U DID NOT VOTE FOR UR CHOICE,BUT WILL RATHER COMPLAIN WHEN UR ARTIST OF CHOICE DID NOT WIN ANYTHING.
Saying some artists won the award because they were mtn ambassadors is just a baseless conspiracy theory because there u have waje to negate ur claim.
Yeah,the organisers had some flops coming from their end,but spreading a conspiracy theory because u don't agree with final outcome of the awards is damn irresponsible of u.

LAST BULLET: stop saying u speak for majority of Nigerians who know the truth because u don't know shiit, u are just.a bitter unsuccessful dude trying to sell ur beer parlor talk to us as fact.

38 Likes

Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by HarryPotter22: 10:27pm On Dec 29, 2013
@OP, saying Illbliss represents real rap/hip-hop is like saying Modenine represents classic blues.

5 Likes

Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by overboard(m): 10:59pm On Dec 29, 2013
I don't think MTN sponsored this year o! There was no yellow carpet (or was there) and their website states the sponsors: http://hiphopworldmagazine.com/theheadies/

4 Likes

Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by Abeos(m): 12:34am On Dec 30, 2013
Na dem know all iz crap

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by magicfingers009: 12:52am On Dec 30, 2013
Most Nigerian artistes sing crap tho'. Giving music awards to those who don't know jack about Music Theory is the height of mediocrity. Check out those who win Grammy awards and there adept knowledge about music. Una never start.

4 Likes

Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by Rhymzyy(m): 11:12am On Dec 30, 2013
Following our Nigerian style of music i dnt fink headies did anyfin wrng 4 d award giving..No bdy wnts 2knw if real rap exist anymre odawise y would olamide's YBNL win d bst album instead of vector? I dnt blame dem dey refuse 2grow..Is left 4we d upcmng 2stand 4d truth 4d sake of our future.

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 30, 2013
..dhd

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by freda506(f): 2:35pm On Dec 30, 2013
I agree with the o.p, it was so terrible!

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by Jensenelizz(m): 2:35pm On Dec 30, 2013
I no I'm about to sound like person wey just fall in 9ja bt bribery and corruption don finish us........

Imagine baba wizzy-0 award
Baba davido-1 or 0 award
Baba kcee limpopo-supposed to be music of the year,,dem give alingo(WTF) angry

Worst of all IYANYA--artiste of the year......
Two words for headies

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK HEADIES

7 Likes

Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by Nobody: 2:36pm On Dec 30, 2013
what is this headies about sef?? wetin i ask?? wetin?? angry
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by DICKtator: 2:36pm On Dec 30, 2013
A season/month of open letters

better than the end of the year plane crashes we had last year

grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by agrovick(m): 2:37pm On Dec 30, 2013
Noted
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by Jensenelizz(m): 2:37pm On Dec 30, 2013
Artiste of the year-IYANYA

I was like wat tha fvck shocked which beta music iyanya bring dis year apart frm dat wacky lekwa ukwu....

Speaking of ukwu grin wetin make timaya no get any award for him hit single ukwu

Man this year headies shuld have been called headies 2012 cus beta 2013 music did nt win any reasonable award..
Imagine Alingo become music of the year instead of personally.............headies na wack

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by kambili999(f): 2:37pm On Dec 30, 2013
la la la... Lo lo lo...le le le...
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by kambili999(f): 2:39pm On Dec 30, 2013
overboard: I don't think MTN sponsored this year o! There was no yellow carpet (or was there) and their website states the sponsors: http://hiphopworldmagazine.com/theheadies/
i think twas black carpet
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by sweetestguy(m): 2:39pm On Dec 30, 2013
It wasn't a flop,,de gave me an award,so it can't be flop
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by Nobody: 2:40pm On Dec 30, 2013
CLICK LIKE, if you dont give a Bleep about this babble post...

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by yinkard4me(m): 2:41pm On Dec 30, 2013
Naija I hail oh

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by agrovick(m): 2:44pm On Dec 30, 2013
And u had to quote the whole article. Bleep u
moufan: hmmmn,very incomprehensible trash
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by Coldfaya(m): 2:44pm On Dec 30, 2013
Too very long joor.

!but on a serious note sha there was serious PDP in this award fa. No sector is safe in naija.

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by Chanchit: 2:45pm On Dec 30, 2013
Now I knw why Burna boy did not win that category, but I disagree with the Op abt Olamide winning rap album of the year. And Blackmagic is also not an alternative music artiste, he sings and rap, but he's more on d rapping side, so I wonder how he got d best alternative artiste artiste award.
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by Krasid(m): 2:45pm On Dec 30, 2013
The award was an eyesore.They really messed up.
Re: Open Letter To The Headies Awards 2013 by okelarine: 2:45pm On Dec 30, 2013
Yes i support u, hw kan sean tissue paper win next rated. I wasted my tyme watchin d award. It was trash. Poor stage, even d host, marvin cast away. I so much hate d headies.
Nof said

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lil Kesh - "Rora" (Video) / Ice-Prince Cried After He Was Nominated For This Year’s Bet Awards / Asake Performs “Yoga And Organise” On The Tonight Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.