Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,714 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:53 PM

Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno (49779 Views)

9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android / 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone / The List Of Tecno Phones That Would Have BBM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Precioussilas10: 7:52am On Dec 30, 2013
Big fool.were u not paid by samsung
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by tippyboy(m): 7:53am On Dec 30, 2013
indigold2010: Samsung uses some of
the best chips in the mobile industry, the exynos
chip and the snapdragon, what those tecno use?
Some worthless chip with bad processing power

Mr. Man, u ar very wrong by saying tecno uses some worthless chip with processing power, so with all ur years of working on the Android platform u didn't no dat MEDIATEK CHIPSET is 1 of D best in d whole world, they ar d first to produce true octa-core processor, while samsung was fyndin it very difficult. their exynos on galaxy S4, tho' is octa-core, buh only 4 out of 8 cpu can be active at dsame time which is totally rubish and wastage of ba3. this dsame chipset u called worthless is wot sonyXperia and other big companies ar using( u myt wanna check out sony Xperia C)

infact u no wot I fink, I fink u av bin paid by samsungNigeria to discourage pple 4rm using tecno.
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by imsuboi(m): 7:54am On Dec 30, 2013
leggo:
lol. poor man mentality.. you are prolly using a 20k samsung yet you come online to bash people whose Tecno's are twice as expensive, yet you are talking about money.. i hope a bird shites on ya head.

twice as expensive?!?? shocked

You must be high on some cheap sh_it cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by leggo: 7:55am On Dec 30, 2013
fellis: Hehehe
So many angry techo users on the thread, you guys should just accept that your tecno phones are just cheap junk and start saving money to buy better phones.

Useless china phones that don't even have ota upgrade.
its not their fault joor.. they cannot do the ashawo work some people did to get their 'better' phones..

.cue, you.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by grandstar(m): 7:55am On Dec 30, 2013
Monkey no fine but hin mama like am. Those wey dey use techno dey kampe. i like techno and in a woman's voice its "fine"
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by symbian03(m): 7:56am On Dec 30, 2013
OP, you're so on point. I've also had some android newbies compare Tecno with Samsung - No baby, you've probably never used a samsung device. It is also obvious that there are so many Tecno advocates on this thread lol - ain't nothing wrong with/about using a Tecno phone if that is what you can afford but even Tecno won't compare their product to that of samsung.

Peace
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by leggo: 7:58am On Dec 30, 2013
imsu.boi:

twice as expensive?!?? shocked

You must be high on some cheap sh_it cheesy
i don't blame you, i blame imsu..i mentioned 20k and said twice as expensive isn't that 40k? aren't there tecno phones in that range? Find a better uni oga.. lol.. imsu..lol.
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by unmask: 7:58am On Dec 30, 2013
indigold2010: Lol. Those asking money to buy Samsung. Read the concluding part of my post. It reads if u can't afford Samsung then buy tecno. And for the poster using foul words like tiger battery or what did ur head say? Am laughing at ur joke seriously. If u have more foul words use them. And I didn't say u must buy Samsung. Nigerians read clearly before making comments because Internet is cheap. Did some one just say tecno has amoled display? My brother they don't. And as for ota I will check on that. And even if u get an ota update it won't be a major update like a new Android version it may be just a small update to apps and fixes nothing. And I wasn't paid to say all this. Samsung won't pay u to say all this, their device speaks for itself. I wil still say buy tecno if u can't afford Samsung, it still gives u a taste of Android
you just posted rubbish here......I wonder why most of you just come up with cheap propaganda......svoice, smartstay etc......I can get you apps that do far more than all this samsung apps.....you call smart stay a samsung innovation? please spare me your ignorance.....Apps have been on the market that outperform all those sammy native apps, long before samsung even thought of putting it in their phones.....I have used an s3 and had to install a cyanogen rom after just 3 days....you can base your argument on hardware but software, don't go there.....anyways let those that have tecno come out to complain about their hardware don't do it for them......if bb users didn't complain about their batteries we probably wouldn't have known what they suffer......As it stands I am yet to see any tecno user complain

And if you are actually samsung paid, then jeez they ought to know better than hiring someone like you.....your arguments are baseless.....I could come up with ten better arguments for samsung...

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Bsmartt(m): 7:58am On Dec 30, 2013
Thanks to Tecno for making Samsung phone cheaper compared to some years back. Tecno Thank you for making the low income earners have a taste of the android platform.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Dhurmynick(m): 7:58am On Dec 30, 2013
fellis: Hehehe
So many angry techo users on the thread, you guys should just accept that your tecno phones are just cheap junk and start saving money to buy better phones.

Useless china phones that don't even have ota upgrade.

Ur brain get upgrade?? Advanced oponu

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by profvic3: 7:59am On Dec 30, 2013
op STFU
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by lawbabs: 7:59am On Dec 30, 2013
indigold2010: I just ran into this topic. And if with all my years of working on the Android platform and I don't comment then I have left most Nigerians mislead. The name is techno the other is Samsung. And for those of u even comparing that name to techno to the name Samsung, I guess u have been paid by techno to help promote their cheap hardware. Now let's start with hardware.

Samsung hardware is far too superior for techno, techno have to sell their phones cheap so they don't have to spend too much money on making a hardware to compare with the likes of Apple Nokia Sony or HTC. But that's the category Samsung belongs, the competitive zone. Samsung has to build their hardware to meet the standards of other oem's but techno don't have to cos they believe Nigerians are dummies that will use anything sold for a price that equals a waste product. Samsung uses some of the best chips in the mobile industry, the exynos chip and the snapdragon, what those tecno use? Some worthless chip with bad processing power. Samsung uses some of the best display technology in the super amoled display, what those tecno use? Some screen looking like a phone of the early 2000. And for the battery Samsung phones pack very powerful chipset which requires good energy to process data at a fast pace so the battery has to be at his best. Techno phones don't really need powerful batteries cos they already have a chip of no value and display is like a wrist watch. As for the cameras, Samsung packs some very good cameras that can compete with Apple Sony and other oem. But tecno 5mp equals the 3mp on a Nokia Asha phone, what a shame!.

Now let's look at their software, the only reason why apple(crapple) keeps taking Samsung to court in my own thinking is cos they can't cope with the kind of innovation Samsung brings to software design. Smart stay, smart pause, smart scroll, air gestures, smart commands, multiwindow, pop-up play, spen innovations and many others. My friend tecno phones lacks innovation all they do is pack an unbacked Android os into some cheap hardware.

Now let's talk about updates. When u buy a Samsung device at a high price it is because u are paying for other services as well which includes updates. Tecno doesn't care about updates. If u buy a Tecno device on Android 4.2 that's the end of the life of the Android os.

So my fellow nairalanders am not pushing Tecno of the way totally, if u can't afford a Samsung device then buy a tecno device to get a taste of Android but when u decide to compare Samsung to Tecno that's were u been very ignorant and very biased.

The Nigeria market isn't wanna of Samsung strong hold so Tecno innovation doesn't really bother them as a company.

I conclude by saying buy Tecno if u can't afford Samsung but by Samsung if u can afford it and stop been mislead.

My friend, your information is absolutely correct but let me correct the impression that tecno believes that Nigerians are dummies. No! Far from it. It has only employed a pricing strategy in order to stay in a seemingly competitive industry. The strategy adopted is generally referred to as Penetration Strategy. And considering that the product has a short life cycle of btw 6months and 2yrs, they are always looking for opportunity to drive volume and record sales turnover (Don't forget that turnover growth is the best indicator of marginal performance of homogenous product). Tecno's strategy involves looking for alternative materials (howbeit substandard) that can give the same look and feel of the high-end products with minimal risk and hazard. So for Tecno, the materials used in making its current set of gadgets needs to be cheap and affordable, hence the difference in price.

In the nearest future, I suppose tecno will have gained market share and stability that will enable it stay competitive. At that time, it will step-up (I suppose) to higher quality products and then, u will notice it immediately through price hike. At that time, all the current tecno phones will be obsolete. Tecno may ask you to bring your old phones and add cash to purchase a new phone with quality standard rather than fixing its imminent problems. That is how they must have planned to penetrate the market.

Tecno has found the Nigeria market lucrative for the following reasons:
1. The population is explosive.
2. There is tremendous number (my guess is 80%) of Nigerians who are low income earners and they also love to feel good like the rich folks.
3. Nigerians generally love cheap items (the same reason, fake items find their way into the country).
4. Android is gaining market share in Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by leggo: 8:00am On Dec 30, 2013
symbian03: OP, you're so on point. I've also had some android newbies compare Tecno with Samsung - No baby, you've probably never used a samsung device. It is also obvious that there are so many Tecno advocates on this thread lol - ain't nothing wrong with/about using a Tecno phone if that is what you can afford but even Tecno won't compare their product to that of samsung.

Peace
mr man stop using this "if thats what you can afford! line.. my cuz uses a Lumia, a note and has a tecno M5 ,does he look poor to you?? bandwagoners..
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by kayjegs: 8:01am On Dec 30, 2013
Nigerians and their crazy taste for luxury...just to know that they prefer expensive phones. This is the problem with many BB users in Nigeria. Because they bought it at expensive price then, they still look down on Nokia or Tecno users. Come to think of it BB cannot compete with android devices be it Tecno or what have you and throughout my 3 months stay abroad, I didnt see a BB with anybody, it is either a Samsung or Iphone.
As for OP, Android is android. Samsung and Tecno function the same way. All those hardware jargons are just not relevant in this case. Android is android. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by tohshine(m): 8:03am On Dec 30, 2013
the guys absolutely right......talking abt graphics and Google play music it rly expendable .......long live samsung
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by adisa204(m): 8:04am On Dec 30, 2013
Omg!.why would people continue this argument.Yes I'm using a techno phantom A11 and it s serving.I bet you most people don't even know what d so called samsung androids can do.And did I hear you talk abt the camera of a techno device,don't even go der. In quote "THE FRONT CAMERA OF A PHANTOM A11 IS BETTER THAN THE BACK CAMERA OF ANY SAMSUNG IVE SEEN"

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by imsuboi(m): 8:05am On Dec 30, 2013
leggo:
i don't blame you, i blame imsu..i mentioned 20k and said twice as expensive isn't that 40k? aren't there tecno phones in that range? Find a better uni oga.. lol.. imsu..lol.

cheesy you're obviously high on your mum's punany juice.

What has my uni got to do with this topic now? grin grin
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by symbian03(m): 8:05am On Dec 30, 2013
leggo:
mr man stop using this "if thats what you can afford! line.. my cuz uses a Lumia, a note and has a tecno M5 ,does he look poor to you?? bandwagoners..

Okay sir, but would you personally compare a Tecno phone to that of samsung
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Nobody: 8:06am On Dec 30, 2013
Samsung all the way.
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by adisa204(m): 8:08am On Dec 30, 2013
[quote author=lawbabs]

My friend, your information is absolutely correct but let me correct the impression that tecno believes that Nigerians are dummies. No! Far from it. It has only employed a pricing strategy in order to stay in a seemingly competitive industry. The strategy adopted is generally referred to as Penetration Strategy. And considering that the product has a short life cycle of btw 6months and 2yrs, they are always looking for opportunity to drive volume and record sales turnover (Don't forget that turnover growth is the best indicator of marginal performance of homogenous product). Tecno's strategy involves looking for alternative materials (howbeit substandard) that can give the same look and feel of the high-end products with minimal risk and hazard. So for Tecno, the materials used in making its current set of gadgets needs to be cheap and affordable, hence the difference in price.

In the nearest future, I suppose tecno will have gained market share and stability that will enable it stay competitive. At that time, it will step-up (I suppose) to higher quality products and then, u will notice it immediately through price hike. At that time, all the current tecno phones will be obsolete. Tecno may ask you to bring your old phones and add cash to purchase a new phone with quality standard rather than fixing its imminent problems. That is how they must have planned to penetrate the market.

2. There is tremendous number (my guess is 80%) of Nigerians who are low income earners and they also love to feel good like the rich folks.
3. Nigerians generally love cheap items (the same reason, fake items find their way into the country).

What is do you mean by cheap items since its serving me and I can do everything I desire of a phone.techno is good by me.
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by imsuboi(m): 8:10am On Dec 30, 2013
adisa204: Omg!.why would people continue this argument.Yes I'm using a techno phantom A11 and it s serving.I bet you most people don't even know what d so called samsung androids can do.And did I hear you talk abt the camera of a techno device,don't even go der. In quote "THE FRONT CAMERA OF A PHANTOM A11 IS BETTER THAN THE BACK CAMERA OF ANY SAMSUNG IVE SEEN"

grin this thread is full of really "funny" individuals
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by youngice(m): 8:11am On Dec 30, 2013
lawbabs:

bros which university did you study economics. they thought you well
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by pair36(m): 8:11am On Dec 30, 2013
The op is so hateful, naive and ignorant. Forgetting that many who use Samsung have also used tecno and vice versa. I prefer my phantom A to gs3 everyday. Come rain come shine.
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by yeman2012(m): 8:13am On Dec 30, 2013
na who no.no say Samsung galaxy no pass tecno ?? but all we no is that android na android joor o..abi you fit create any chips. ;Dna who no.no say Samsung galaxy no pass tecno ?? but all we no is that android na android joor o..abi you fit create any chips.
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Nobody: 8:13am On Dec 30, 2013
I use Samsung galaxy note, I have used tecno phantom A+ Which I sold to my friend who was badly in need of a smartphone.
I have also bought so many people different models of tecno and I am advising more people to go for it.

Tecno rocks.
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by symbian03(m): 8:14am On Dec 30, 2013
adisa204: Omg!.why would people continue this argument.Yes I'm using a techno phantom A11 and it s serving.I bet you most people don't even know what d so called samsung androids can do.And did I hear you talk abt the camera of a techno device,don't even go der. In quote "THE FRONT CAMERA OF A PHANTOM A11 IS BETTER THAN THE BACK CAMERA OF ANY SAMSUNG IVE SEEN"

Hahaha leaner... You don spoil everything o lol can't stop laughing here. So the front facing camera of phantom A11 is actually better than that of any samsung product Tell me about it lol... I actually love argument with people like you.
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by imsuboi(m): 8:17am On Dec 30, 2013
I'm heading outta here joor.. I've got better things to do than to argue with a bunch of china phone users cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by symbian03(m): 8:18am On Dec 30, 2013
imsu.boi:

grin this thread is full of really "funny" individuals

My brother I don Laff tire lol. These Tecno guys fit beat person for here o.
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by unmask: 8:18am On Dec 30, 2013
imsu.boi:

cheesy you're obviously high on your mum's punany juice.

What has my uni got to do with this topic now? grin grin
really didn't know when he changed preference, he was always a sucker for ur mum's own
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by stegra: 8:19am On Dec 30, 2013
Sability: shm ,Samsung pay you for this campaign?
The guys is giving his reason for choosing samsung, what's urs if you disagree. Give him credit for being relatively factual can you?
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by imsuboi(m): 8:19am On Dec 30, 2013
unmask: really didn't know when he changed preference, he was always a sucker for my mum's own

Lmao! He does your mum?

No wonder! He's prolly your dad grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by eluquenson(m): 8:20am On Dec 30, 2013
Tecno is a good product regardless of whether it can compete in the market or not, samsung are loosing fame gradually, we Nigerians are not fools anymore, let samsung reduce the cost of their products & let see what happen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

JUMIA vs Konga: KONGA Will Always Be Smarter. / How To Know You Have Been Blocked On Whatsapp By A Fellow User / Many People Won't Understand This Picture Of Two Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.