Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:10 AM

Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno (49742 Views)

9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android / 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone / The List Of Tecno Phones That Would Have BBM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 30, 2013
naturalwaves:

Odeistein! When has phone become a definition of one's social or financial statues? The earlier you change your mindset, the better for you. So,.you think anyone that doesn't spend so much on phone cannot afford it? The problem is not even with the Tecno fans, it is with the Samsung fans. A lot of them feel bad inside that they wasted money on phones that do basically the same thing with a cheaper brand like Tecno. All the threads opened by Tecno fans were all about Tecno and Tecno alone but anytime such is done, the pained and disgruntled samsung fans will come attacking. If you use a Samsung, use it and be satisfied with it, if you use a Tecno, same should be done.

When a biased and senzeless post like this is opened just to rubish Tecno, that means the Tecno company is doing a good job and is on the right part. When you get to computer village, they will tell you which phone is the market leader when it comes to sales of Android devices. If it is not Tecno, I am sure it will be top two.

Moreover, they keep on saying Tecno is a China product, please, Samsung is a product of where? South Korea. Are they not both from Asia?
Monkey br truthful, check top phones of 2013, you can't see tecno there, when you travel abroad you can't even find a tecno phone, these are facts. Not hating on tecno but the truth had to be told
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Kingclickmedia: 9:00am On Dec 30, 2013
why you should buy Techno instead of other devices
**the cost of repairing and changing the parts of other devices can buy you a NEW BRAND TECHNO
*DON'T BE DECIEVED
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Anayordike(m): 9:01am On Dec 30, 2013
@Op. U dey accuse others say them dey promote Tecno and u come here come dey talk like say Samsung na ur wife. Leave Tecno and their customers alone. Na the phone wey person like him go take him money buy. Me I like Tecno and I go continue to support them because them dey make life easy for common people. Abeg go siddon, U too proud jare!
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Nobody: 9:01am On Dec 30, 2013
leggo:
its not their fault joor.. they cannot do the ashawo work some people did to get their 'better' phones..

.cue, you.
OC cool: Abeg, just shut up your mouth there.
Dhurmynick:

Ur brain get upgrade?? Advanced oponu

grin grin grin

This is how typical tecno users sound.
Bush villagers with no atom of civility in their bodies.
Abeg let me leave the thread for you tecno users, I don't have time to spend with cheapskate losers who can only afford scrap metal as phones.

4 Likes

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Nobody: 9:06am On Dec 30, 2013
tonychristopher:

MY. BROTHER YOU ARE ON POINT...AS A RESEARCHER IN AN INTERNATIONAL ICT JOURNAL WHAT YOU SAID. IS VERY ON POINT AND I MIGHT USE YOUR RESEARCH BRO...I HOPE YOU WON'T TAKE ME UP FOR PLAGIARISM....I CAN'T USE TECHNO. TO BE HONEST AND I KNOW REASONS THEY ARE DAMN TO CHEAP AND I DON'T LOVE CHEAP THINGS...THEY ARE EXPENSIVE AT THE LONG RUN.IF YOU USE A TECHNO DON'T EVEN LET IT FALL ON GROUND THE PLASTIC IS SO LIGHT THEY DON'T AND CAN'T HAVE A METAL CASING.

I BOUGHT AN OLD SAMSUNG GALAXY X3 AND IT'S DAMN GOOD AND IT'S PICTURE CLARITY IS PERFECT FOR A GIFT

PRESENTLY I USE HTC SENSE AND IT'S JUST TOO RUGGED WITH IT'S ALUMINIUM POLISHED CASING AND GORILLA CORNING GAS. IT'S SO PACKED THAT THE FACEBOOK HAS TO APPLICATIONS ONE IS HTC FACEBOOK WITH SENSE SIGNATURE AND THE OTHER ANYBODY FACEBOOK SAME WITH SWEETER...JUST THAT THE PHONE IS EXPENSIVE BUT BAD ..... THE UPDATE IS SO COOL AND THE HTC YOU CAN SWITCH FROM 2G TO 4G DATA NETWORK. THE CALENDAR IS SO AWESOME THAT IF IT RAINS THE SCREEN DISPLAYS RAINING AND IF IT'S BRIGHT THE SCREEN DISPLAYS SUNNY AND IF IT'S MOIST IT DISPLAYS CLOUDY AND THE EFFIXY TOUCH IS MUCH .

MY BOSS USED TO SAY IF YOU GO FOR A MEETING AND U HAVE TECHNO PHONE DONT BRING IT OUT COS IT TELLS YOU ARE CHEAP. ANYWAY NIGERIANS LOVES EM CHEAP SO TECHNO IS FOR THEM

I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED HTC BOTH WINDOW AND ANDROID AND I AWAIT THEIR MOZILLA OS....THE WORST WINDOW PHONE TO ME IS NOKIA LUMIA..SUCH A CHEAP PLASTIC

OH I FORGET THE HTC COMES WITH A SCRATCH PROOF BODY AND GLASS THAT IS WHAT TECHNO DON'T OFFER.

DO U KNOW THE MEANING OF HTC.? HIGH TECH CORP...QUIETLY BRILLIANT.
hahahahahaha...... CHEAP PLASTIC? my m3 has dropped from a standing height for lyk 6 times now but there is no scratch or circuit damage, but drop your s3 or HTC make I see whether you no go shout chinekem

about topic
firstly you are comparing a high end device with a low end, lets compare the galaxy star or y dous to a tecno m3 let's see if you will be shouting hardware and software

secondly android is android, I don't need a snapdragon or an exynos chip, I need ANDROID!!!!!!!!!
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by feldido(m): 9:06am On Dec 30, 2013
The truth is Nigerians don't actually need all those features in Samsung devices... All we need is a smartphone that can do d basic jobs Google wants it's OS to do... Samsung is simply killing android with lots of features to attract attention n stay at d top which they end up making their phones slow n laggy.
On the other hand tecno took note of the Nigerians market n produced their devices so anybody can have a feel of android with less features n less lag n battery drain...
My conclusion is, if u want a phone for class, buy Samsung n if u want just d right phone to take care of ur needs buy tecno.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by agrovick(m): 9:07am On Dec 30, 2013
Me way come dey use nokia X2 nko? *silently exits thread
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Nobody: 9:07am On Dec 30, 2013
pair-36:
The op is so hateful, naive and ignorant. Forgetting that many who use Samsung have also used tecno and vice versa. I prefer my phantom A to gs3 everyday. Come rain come shine.

see this one comparing Phantom A to S3, I use a phantom A+ and I know its just a basic phone, its because of people like you that threads bashing tecno thrive on nairaland, I bought it cos I don't have enough money for S3, the truth should be told abeg, have you even tried googlin top phones of 2013? the international community does not even acknowledge tecno.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by leggo: 9:08am On Dec 30, 2013
fellis:

grin grin grin

Abeg let me leave the thread for you tecno users, I don't have time to spend with cheapskate losers who can only afford scrap metal as phones.
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by agrovick(m): 9:09am On Dec 30, 2013
Smh for u
fellis:

grin grin grin

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by otybliss: 9:09am On Dec 30, 2013
I guess Samsung paid u for dis, nobody compared tecno to Samsung, But tecno ve tried
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by korm2me(m): 9:11am On Dec 30, 2013
Mustack: i just dy gbadun ona flow.... Op you're wrong with that oh... Every tech giant have opponents...tecno is tackling samsung so also gionee and the rest are also tackling tecno.... You see everyone is making a run for there money...
did u say tecno tackling samsung? In hw many countries? Dat kan only hapen in naija n some developin kountries. Koz dy dnt kare abt quality. Ask urself dix question. Is tecno knwn in america,europe or australia?

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by rattlesnake(m): 9:12am On Dec 30, 2013
tecno for Nigerians and Indians because our leaders worship the same god of corruption,snakes and poverty

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by chimmafine(f): 9:13am On Dec 30, 2013
indigold2010: I just ran into this topic. And if with all my years of working on the Android platform and I don't comment then I have left most Nigerians mislead. The name is techno the other is Samsung. And for those of u even comparing that name to techno to the name Samsung, I guess u have been paid by techno to help promote their cheap hardware. Now let's start with hardware.

Samsung hardware is far too superior for techno, techno have to sell their phones cheap so they don't have to spend too much money on making a hardware to compare with the likes of Apple Nokia Sony or HTC. But that's the category Samsung belongs, the competitive zone. Samsung has to build their hardware to meet the standards of other oem's but techno don't have to cos they believe Nigerians are dummies that will use anything sold for a price that equals a waste product. Samsung uses some of the best chips in the mobile industry, the exynos chip and the snapdragon, what those tecno use? Some worthless chip with bad processing power. Samsung uses some of the best display technology in the super amoled display, what those tecno use? Some screen looking like a phone of the early 2000. And for the battery Samsung phones pack very powerful chipset which requires good energy to process data at a fast pace so the battery has to be at his best. Techno phones don't really need powerful batteries cos they already have a chip of no value and display is like a wrist watch. As for the cameras, Samsung packs some very good cameras that can compete with Apple Sony and other oem. But tecno 5mp equals the 3mp on a Nokia Asha phone, what a shame!.

Now let's look at their software, the only reason why apple(crapple) keeps taking Samsung to court in my own thinking is cos they can't cope with the kind of innovation Samsung brings to software design. Smart stay, smart pause, smart scroll, air gestures, smart commands, multiwindow, pop-up play, spen innovations and many others. My friend tecno phones lacks innovation all they do is pack an unbacked Android os into some cheap hardware.

Now let's talk about updates. When u buy a Samsung device at a high price it is because u are paying for other services as well which includes updates. Tecno doesn't care about updates. If u buy a Tecno device on Android 4.2 that's the end of the life of the Android os.

So my fellow nairalanders am not pushing Tecno of the way totally, if u can't afford a Samsung device then buy a tecno device to get a taste of Android but when u decide to compare Samsung to Tecno that's were u been very ignorant and very biased.

The Nigeria market isn't wanna of Samsung strong hold so Tecno innovation doesn't really bother them as a company.

I conclude by saying buy Tecno if u can't afford Samsung but by Samsung if u can afford it and stop been mislead.

@OP

Hey bro.... get your facts right. Some Techno phones are far better than your expensive samsung or whatever you call it. I use a Techno, can even ping with it, so go elsewhere and spread your lie. And mind you that an item is very expensive doesn't in any way mean it is superior to others. After all, when all these networks came newly to Nigeria, SIM CARDS was SOLD for N30,000.00 and above. When competition came in, what happened Today some SIM CARDS are now SOLD for N100.00 and some given away for FREE in the name of PROMO.

My brother shine your eyes, inasmuch as no item in these your so called expensive samsung phones is made of GOLD or DIAMOND the prices certainly don't worth it. I bet you on this, if more companies like Techno should come up in the near future to boost the competition that currently exist between the two companies, your so called expensive samsung phones will face out, if they refuse to adjust the prices of their products.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Whizkeey(m): 9:15am On Dec 30, 2013
Nonsense gigantic fool.... ure dummy
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Nobody: 9:16am On Dec 30, 2013
Only in Nigeria! Fake Shoes, fake belts, fake jeans, fake tops, fake sunshades, THEY KNOW WE LOVE FAKE THINGS! thats y tecno can thrive here. Dont you watch international movies? have you ever seen a tecno phone in a movie or music video? you morons want more proof that there's a reason tecno is making waves in Nigeria? itd because they know we settle for whatever here. Even in Ghana u can't see tecno like the way some of these our ignorant brothers carry it on their head here.
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Nobody: 9:16am On Dec 30, 2013
Techno is a budget phone while Samsung is a high-end phone, so it's unwise to make comparison. Technically not because Techno can't necessarily do what Samsung can do but because of several added values that comes with samsung. Toyota is a good product but eveyone will go for a Roll Royce or a Range if they can afford it yet it doesn't make Toyota an inferior product but comparison is a big No to me.

There is a reason why Techno can't produce the exact of S3 or S4 possibly due to limited technology or financial constriants or the need to maintain her low-budget status. However, the status quo still remains that you pay more for more value. Has anyone wondered why Techno is not prospering in advanced countries but making headway in developing countries ? It means they are made for emerging markets.

I'm neither a Techno nor Samsung fan but I will only enjoin Samsung fans to stop bashing a low-budget phone and face the likes iPhone and xPeria. Lets compare the iSeries and Galaxy series !

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by oladele17: 9:16am On Dec 30, 2013
Who are indi(gini)?
Was your comment a paid one or just twisted Passion.
Whatever you need to say, say that to the cost.
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by agrovick(m): 9:17am On Dec 30, 2013
GO n DIE, werrin concern chelsea for this mata? Bloody mofo
imsu.boi:
judging from the posts I've read on this android phone saga, tecno users & chelsea fans have one thing in common. undecided

SMH
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by ikkings(m): 9:17am On Dec 30, 2013
This op, your head is empty, u think u know something but u are a big mumu, u are busy comparing the efforts of other pple from another country, when u, ur family and ur entire country cannot manufacture an ordinary calculator, if u dont like tecno quietly buy a rope and hang urself, nobody will miss u.
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Nobody: 9:18am On Dec 30, 2013
Only in Nigeria! Fake Shoes, fake belts, fake jeans, fake tops, fake
sunshades, THEY KNOW WE LOVE FAKE THINGS! thats y tecno can
thrive here. Dont you watch international movies? have you ever seen
a tecno phone in a movie or music video? you morons want more
proof that there's a reason tecno is making waves in Nigeria? itd
because they know we settle for whatever here. Even in Ghana u can't
see tecno like the way some of these our ignorant brothers carry it on
their head here.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Nobody: 9:21am On Dec 30, 2013
ikkings: This op, your head is empty, u think u know something but u are a big mumu, u are busy comparing the efforts of other pple from another country, when u, ur family and ur entire country cannot manufacture an ordinary calculator, if u dont like tecno quietly buy a rope and hang urself, nobody will miss u.

Lol typical tecno user, always aggressive.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by kalufelix(m): 9:21am On Dec 30, 2013
I thought the op was gonna be more constructive in his analysis... but then he just went off in a very careless manner

android has finally conquered RIM (BlackBerry,)
it's now time to fight for local bragging rights... hehehe.am loving this

useless and needless thread in the first place anyway....
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Thebrightest(m): 9:21am On Dec 30, 2013
lol
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by liadibello: 9:22am On Dec 30, 2013
We Nigerian are wasteful spender, u will never see white man wasting his money to buy expensive thing that he can get for cheap with the same function, nawa for this op maybe den don give u kick back
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Thebrightest(m): 9:22am On Dec 30, 2013
what is the full meaning of OP?
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Jimohlawal(m): 9:23am On Dec 30, 2013
seunwen2: op come give me the money for s4 now rocking my tecno m7 with a 32gb SD card
please I need one also for my f8, where can I get it nd how much will it cost me? tnx
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by rattlesnake(m): 9:24am On Dec 30, 2013
www.gsmarena.com

u won't find tecno

its not a brand

btw sha I use tecno cos a born again Christian wey never build house for him papa wey carry 100,000 buy Samsung galaxy has bought epe (curse) niyen ooooo

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Prestonvic(m): 9:24am On Dec 30, 2013
i like my PHANTOM A11
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Nobody: 9:25am On Dec 30, 2013
all i can say is, say no to mtk devices, say no to chinese phones

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Leonidas8(m): 9:25am On Dec 30, 2013
Zammydagreat:

Mtk is dead and gone, if its not adreno or tegra3 then d chipset is bullshit
Guy u get personal beef with mediatek?? Though most of their chipset are not very powerful but @least they get the jop of powering android done with relative ease, so not all mediatek chips are bullshit or crap.
Re: Why You Should Buy A Samsung Device Instead Of Tecno by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 30, 2013
deejay_harry1: all i can say is, say no to mtk devices, say no to chinese phones
see olodo!!! did u no dat the first true octa core chip is a mtk chip

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

How To Use MTN Bis To Browse On Android Smartphones Through Droid VPN / JUMIA vs Konga: KONGA Will Always Be Smarter. / How To Know You Have Been Blocked On Whatsapp By A Fellow User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.