Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,093 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:05 AM

What Is Grace? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Grace? (1770 Views)

What Is GRACE? / A Teaching Presented On Law And Grace. Please Read And Learn/comment / What Is Grace? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Grace? by huxley(m): 1:18pm On Aug 05, 2008
What is Grace and how is one saved by Grace?
Re: What Is Grace? by ifyalways(f): 1:22pm On Aug 05, 2008
U need a bible dude.A bible and a concordance + the spirit to lead u to all truth cheesy
you wud soon be found sha.
Re: What Is Grace? by ssRhino: 1:26pm On Aug 05, 2008
I will say is getting something that you dont deserve.
Christ death for you and I, we dont deserve it, cos it is not by our good deeds, but cos of his love.
Re: What Is Grace? by huxley(m): 1:31pm On Aug 05, 2008
$$Rhino:

I will say is getting something that you don't deserve.
Christ death for you and I, we don't deserve it, because it is not by our good deeds, but because of his love.

ifyalways:

You need a bible dude.A bible and a concordance + the spirit to lead u to all truth cheesy
you would soon be found sha.

Is this the best you can give for your understanding of grace? For something so crucial to your salvation, is this all you know about it?
Re: What Is Grace? by ssRhino: 1:37pm On Aug 05, 2008
huxley:

Is this the best you can give for your understanding of grace? For something so crucial to your salvation, is this all you know about it?

seems like u know it better already, so lecture us then, i thot it is a forum of sharing what we know and not trying to outsmart one another.
Re: What Is Grace? by MissyB1(m): 1:50pm On Aug 05, 2008
Grace is God's unmerited favour.Infact everything that we are is through grace.

G-God's
R-richies
A-at
C-christ's
E-expense.

Huxley,u re not askin these ques to learn bhut to find fault.May God help you.Besides u haven't granted ma request.Said i have sm ques for u.
Re: What Is Grace? by ssRhino: 1:52pm On Aug 05, 2008
Missy B:

G-God's
R-richies
A-at
C-christ's
E-expense.

Huxley,u re not askin these ques to learn bhut to find fault.May God help you.Besides u haven't granted ma request.Said i have sm ques for u.

wow, i love that, i will start using that, cos it is not only do make sense, but so much truth.
Re: What Is Grace? by huxley(m): 2:04pm On Aug 05, 2008
Missy B:

G-God's
R-richies
A-at
C-christ's
E-expense.

What are your questions?
Re: What Is Grace? by MissyB1(m): 2:11pm On Aug 05, 2008
Good!!Feel free to ignore any of them.

Are you married?
Have you ever at any point in ur life felt der's a God smwhere?

got more.
Re: What Is Grace? by mnwankwo(m): 2:24pm On Aug 05, 2008
Grace is not an unmerited favour even though it may appear to be so. Grace is the harvest of the good seeds that we sowed in the past. Because the activities of our spirit reside in the spirit, not in the brain, most people are not physically counscious of the seeds that gave rise to the fruits that they are harvesting. Thus they regard it as an unmerited favour since they cannot counsciously trace the fruits of the harvest to the seeds that gave rise to the fruits. Grace lies in the laws of God which offers both reward and punishment depending on how man uses his free will. Grace is the manifestation of the law "whatever you sow, you shall reap".Spiritual guides are aware of the the good fruits that have ripened for us according to our deeds and they lovingly guide us (without the brain being aware of it) to places, events, circumstances etc that triggres the earthly manifestation of these good fruits. Grace is snonymous with providence. It is a manifestation of the love and justice of God.

Only the man that lives in the laws of God is saved. Equally, only the man that lives according to the laws of God is free. The actiivities of such a saved one will always radiate justice, love, peace, harmony, joy etc. Thus, recognition/obedience to the laws of God is the only criteria for salvation.

1 Like

Re: What Is Grace? by MissyB1(m): 2:36pm On Aug 05, 2008
Nwankwo,i TOTALLY disagree with your second sentence.
Jst some ques.

If you're a christain,What seed did u sow in d past that merits d gifts of God that u enjoy today?
What good have u done that moved God to allow his ONLY son take your punishment?

Grace is gettin what u don't deserve.
Re: What Is Grace? by mnwankwo(m): 2:53pm On Aug 05, 2008
Missy B:

Nwankwo,i TOTALLY disagree with your second sentence.
Jst some ques.

If you're a christain,What seed did u sow in d past that merits d gifts of God that u enjoy today?
What good have u done that moved God to allow his ONLY son take your punishment?

Grace is gettin what u don't deserve.

It is ok if you disagree with my statement. I understand your position but disagree with it. To get what you do not deserve contradicts justice. I believe that God is the living Justice. To get what you do not deserve makes mockery of justice. I am a christian but do not draw from the bible. I also believe in reincarnation and know that I have been on earth several times in different bodies. A lot of what people call grace and destiny can be traced to activities in former earthlives. Unfortunately, most people are not conscious it, hence the see circumstances in their own lives as arbitrarly. My position is that we reap what we sow even when we have forgotten what we sowed. Jesus did not take any persons punishment. He gave men the words of God and with the words of God, men can wash their sins and work out their redemption and salvation.

1 Like

Re: What Is Grace? by MissyB1(m): 3:01pm On Aug 05, 2008
m_nwankwo:

It is ok if you disagree with my statement. I understand your position but disagree with it. To get what you do not deserve contradicts  justice. I believe that God is the living Justice. To get what you do not deserve makes mockery of justice. I am a christain but do not draw from the bible. I also believe in reincarnation and know that I have been on earth several times in different bodies. A lot of what people call grace and destiny can be traced to activities in former earthlives. Unfortunately, most people are not conscious it, hence the see circumstances in their own lives as arbitrarly. My position is that we reap what we sow even when we have forgotten what we sowed. Jesus did not take any persons punishment. He gave men the words of God and with the words of God, men can wash their sins and work out their redemption and salvation.

I f you are a christain,the bible should be everything you draw from.If you believe in God ,you must also believe in the bible.As for reincarnation,i don't believe in it and i'm in no way ready to argue abt that now.But does the bible tell us reincarnation is true?(rhetorical ques)
Re: What Is Grace? by mnwankwo(m): 3:10pm On Aug 05, 2008
Missy B:

I f you are a christain,the bible should be everything you draw from.If you believe in God ,you must also believe in the bible.As for reincarnation,i don't believe in it and i'm in no way ready to argue about that now.But does the bible tell us reincarnation is true?(rhetorical ques)

A christain is one who recognises the the teachings of Jesus and lives accordingly. The message of Jesus the son of God is life and it is indelibly written in all creations (visible and invincible). Divine messages are not in a book or books because it is life itself. I believe that anyone who loves God with all his heart and love his neighbour as himself is a christian. Such a person will be led to Jesus and experience his Message which is life. I will not quote biblical passages to support reincanation since I do not draw from the bible.
Re: What Is Grace? by JeSoul(f): 3:12pm On Aug 05, 2008
na wa oh wonders shall never cease, a 'christian' that does not read/use the bible? please stop fooling yourself, you don't fit the biblical description/definition of who a true christian is.
Re: What Is Grace? by mnwankwo(m): 3:19pm On Aug 05, 2008
JeSoul:

na wa oh wonders shall never cease, a 'christian' that does not read/use the bible? please stop fooling yourself, you don't fit the biblical description/definition of who a true christian is.

You can label me whatever you please. It is your choice. On the judgement day, it will be crystally clear to all who is a christian and who is not. Thanks

1 Like

Re: What Is Grace? by JeSoul(f): 3:24pm On Aug 05, 2008
m_nwankwo:

You can label me whatever you please. It is your choice. On the judgement day, it will be crystally clear to all who is a christian and who is not. Thanks
Indeed it will be! una go talk true come that day and I cannot wait! I only pray peoples eyes will be opened before its too late.
Re: What Is Grace? by MissyB1(m): 3:31pm On Aug 05, 2008
Indeed,christain wey nor blive in bible stil dey pray make judgement day quick come!!!
God give us d grace to know d right tyns to do b4 that day.
Re: What Is Grace? by JeSoul(f): 3:40pm On Aug 05, 2008
Missy B:

Indeed,christain wey nor blive in bible stil dey pray make judgement day quick come!!!
me sef I fear oh!
Re: What Is Grace? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Aug 05, 2008
m_nwankwo:

A christain is one who recognises the the teachings of Jesus and lives accordingly. The message of Jesus the son of God is life and it is indelibly written in all creations (visible and invincible). Divine messages are not in a book or books because it is life itself. I believe that anyone who loves God with all his heart and love his neighbour as himself is a christian. Such a person will be led to Jesus and experience his Message which is life. I will not quote biblical passages to support reincanation since I do not draw from the bible.

Ever read John 1?
Re: What Is Grace? by rampant(f): 4:39pm On Aug 05, 2008
oh no,not huxley again
Re: What Is Grace? by JeSoul(f): 4:46pm On Aug 05, 2008
rampant:

oh no,not huxley again
na today? this boy posts 200topics per day . . . I think we should contact his boss so they can find some work for him to do cool
Re: What Is Grace? by mnwankwo(m): 4:47pm On Aug 05, 2008
davidylan:

Ever read John 1?

Yes, I read John 1

1 Like

Re: What Is Grace? by rampant(f): 4:47pm On Aug 05, 2008
JeSoul:

na today? this boy posts 200topics per day . . . I think we should contact his boss so they can find some work for him to do cool

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin una no go kill me for dis forum grin
Re: What Is Grace? by Lady2(f): 5:03am On Aug 06, 2008
Yes, I read John 1

how can, you don't draw from the Bible.

huxley, o boy wetin be your own sef? good quesion, but na wa o, abeg make we breathe small.
Re: What Is Grace? by mnwankwo(m): 11:05am On Aug 06, 2008
~Lady~:

how can, you don't draw from the Bible.

I have studied the bible but do not draw from it. I do not see why people are suprsied about it. I have also studied the sacred books of other world religions and esoteric organizations but do not draw from any of them. I do not agree with the notion that you have to accept the bible or indeed any sacred texts before you are a christian. My postion is that a christian is one who loves God with all his heart and love his neighbour as himself. Simply put, anyone who recognises the laws of God or  the will of God and lives accordingly is a christian. It does not matter to the laws of God wheather you are a pope, an apostle, a prophet, a jew, a budhist, a christian, a catholic, a pentecostal etc. It is our activities (actions, words, thoughts, motives, intuitions) that counts before the laws of God. It is these expressions of our free will, that is, our activities that will elevate each one to the beauty and joy of paradise or catapult one to the torments of hell.  The argument of which sacred texts is the Truth is a waste of time and more importantly a waste of valuable spiritual energy. Many will not recognise this until they drop their earthly body.

1 Like

Re: What Is Grace? by olabowale(m): 11:20am On Aug 06, 2008
@JeSoul:

« #14 on: Yesterday at 03:12:05 PM »

Who should have the greatest right to define what a Christian should be; Christ or any other person or group of persons? From your Bible, quote for me, the qualities that a true Christian should have. Then do me another favor; who gave in the Bible the description/definition of who a true Christian is, or should be? Am certain it will not be Jesus, or any of this 12 disciples. Sorry, 11 disciples, since Judas Iscariot killed himself. I sense it will be Paul. Correct me, please.
Re: What Is Grace? by JeSoul(f): 1:15pm On Aug 06, 2008
olabowale:

@JeSoul:
Who should have the greatest right to define what a Christian should be; Christ or any other person or group of persons? From your Bible, quote for me, the qualities that a true Christian should have. Then do me another favor; who gave in the Bible the description/definition of who a true Christian is, or should be? Am certain it will not be Jesus, or any of this 12 disciples. Sorry, 11 disciples, since Judas Iscariot killed himself. I sense it will be Paul. Correct me, please.
  Alhaji you don come again  smiley. All things being equal I would respond to your questions but I know it will not make a difference.
  Make I ask you sef this question, why do you insist and persist in "questioning" christianity? does this not bother you? have you ever wondered why you do this? you don't see me going round constantly berating islam so why your obsession with Christ? eh my dear Alhaji?

by the way how's my Olayiwola? grin
Re: What Is Grace? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Aug 06, 2008
JeSoul:

Alhaji you don come again  smiley. All things being equal I would respond to your questions but I know it will not make a difference.
  Make I ask you sef this question, why do you insist and persist in "questioning" christianity? does this not bother you? have you ever wondered why you do this?

lipsrsealed   lipsrsealed    lipsrsealed  i tire o o
He criticises chrisitianity easily, but if anyone does that to his religion. . . .there'd be lots of threatenings!!  wink.

@Huxley
Long time, sure you're doing great.

Grace! Marvellous, Matchless Grace of our loving Lord is our unmerited favour from God. It's God's riches at Christ's expense. It exceeds our sins and our guilts. Through this Grace of God, we are pardoned of our sins and made partakers of His Heavenly kingdom.
Re: What Is Grace? by JeSoul(f): 2:16pm On Aug 06, 2008
OlowoTee:

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed i tire o o
He criticises chrisitianity easily, but if anyone does that to his religion. . . .there'd be lots of threatenings!! wink.
hehe cheesy I can already hear "fatwa! fatwa! Jihad! Jihad!" somewhere in the background grin cool
Re: What Is Grace? by MissyB1(m): 2:20pm On Aug 06, 2008
Jesoul
heheheh, d xact part i wanted to quote from Olowotee.

If he likes,let him threaten frm today till allah comes that if e eva wil/can Jesus comes.I'm patiently waitin for a day when i wil have enough time to show him why God is God above evry other god even allah.
Re: What Is Grace? by olabowale(m): 6:09pm On Aug 06, 2008
@JeSoul:

Alhaji you don come again . All things being equal I would respond to your questions but I know it will not make a difference.
Make I ask you sef this question, why do you insist and persist in "questioning" christianity? does this not bother you? have you ever wondered why you do this? you don't see me going round constantly berating islam so why your obsession with Christ? eh my dear Alhaji?

First I do not berate Christianity. However I challenge them to think about what they are saying about Jesus, at the same time diminishing other prophets, and unfortunately the essence of God. That is not even touch on the disregard of
Muhammad! Again, I am not bothered and not wondering about my agitating the conscience of the Christians. Afterall, we all human beings. I want good for each as much as I want for myself. And Christ, son of Mary is also my prophet (as)

by the way how's my Olayiwola?

He is well! Thank God. And am sure you are doing well, too. Your parents are fortunate folks. Thank God.

[OlowoTee (f)]« #28 on: Today at 01:42:25 PM »

Quote from: JeSoul on Today at 01:15:31 PM
Alhaji you don come again . All things being equal I would respond to your questions but I know it will not make a difference.
Make I ask you sef this question, why do you insist and persist in "questioning" christianity? does this not bother you? have you ever wondered why you do this?

i tire o o
He criticises chrisitianity easily, but if anyone does that to his religion. . . .there'd be lots of threatenings!! .

Ori wipe iwa iwo sisi yi o daa! Have you seen me threatening anyone? Tabi ara e o ro, afi ti nba deru baa e? lol. Loo fee oko. Thats a good threat for you. What I am not, don't tag me with it. I am about good conversation. Provoking thoughts.

@ Missy B :
[Quote}
Jesoul
heheheh, d xact part i wanted to quote from Olowotee.

If he likes,let him threaten frm today till allah comes that if e eva wil/can Jesus comes.I'm patiently waitin for a day when i wil have enough time to show him why God is God above evry other god even allah.
[quote][/quote]

Missy B, Allah does not come to anyone. People will have to return to Him. Inna lillahi wa inna ilehi rajiun; It is from Allah we come and it is to Him our return. That includes the return of Jesus, back to Him. And I am patiently waiting for the same day. But dont keep me waiting. The years are going very fast. So hurry. lol. I don't want empty rhetorics.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Want To Know Who God Is? / Why Do People Judge This Man Tb Joshua ? / Radioactive Decay As An Argument For The Existence Of "Something" From "Nothing"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.