Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

Is It True From Next Year,learning Igbo Language Is A Must In Our Universities? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is It True From Next Year,learning Igbo Language Is A Must In Our Universities? (996 Views)

Mass Migration To Europe , Nigerian Amongst Migrants -is This True ?? (from BBC) / GEJ Vs Buhari: Whose Body Language Is More Convincing? Reno Omokri Asks / Please, Is This TRUE From PEOPLES' BANK? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It True From Next Year,learning Igbo Language Is A Must In Our Universities? by DonaldGenes(m): 2:32pm On Dec 30, 2013
So, I heard this on channelsTv this morning during their morning daily rise program after an indepth interview with The minister for Information via skype,that is if you ever watch it by 7 am.
The presenter said it will take come into effect from year two in all our Ivory towers curriculum.

Hmmmmph! And i ask'd, ''What happens to other language like Ibibio and Efit,Yoruba and Hausa,Delat Igbo,Kunari, I think they should do same for all languages as it is highly improbable it will not create an unhealthy dose of political hatred even in school..This is a no brainer political move at all to who ever birth this kind of idea..Lets watch and see

Looking for source, you may ask channels News on their Twitter handle and they will confirm it to you
Re: Is It True From Next Year,learning Igbo Language Is A Must In Our Universities? by Afam4eva(m): 2:46pm On Dec 30, 2013
In just one University according to the news, Gregory University.
Re: Is It True From Next Year,learning Igbo Language Is A Must In Our Universities? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Dec 30, 2013
Donald I nukwara ofuma?

Ka I choro ibu mkprirsi ama awa afa?
Re: Is It True From Next Year,learning Igbo Language Is A Must In Our Universities? by Murphydready(m): 3:01pm On Dec 30, 2013
I think is only gregory university in abia state . But to d bst of my knowledge ,most of d state universities in southeast hv made it compulsory.
Re: Is It True From Next Year,learning Igbo Language Is A Must In Our Universities? by geeez: 3:34pm On Dec 30, 2013
Keep it to Anambra, Enugu, Ebonyi, Imo and Abia and we will restrict the language of instruction in Lagos, Ogun, Oyo, Osun and Ekiti to Yoruba language in our schools

1 Like

Re: Is It True From Next Year,learning Igbo Language Is A Must In Our Universities? by shineeye: 4:06pm On Dec 30, 2013
this people have stated again,this boneless chickens grin ntoooo igbo Google have stated using igbo lang they no the language is older than nigeria and many african languages so make una go and die grin go and fight google for accepting igbo language for world wide to read learn and understand an accent language such as IGBO
Re: Is It True From Next Year,learning Igbo Language Is A Must In Our Universities? by DonXavi(m): 6:10pm On Dec 30, 2013
You should first of all get you facts correct before concluding that it applies to all the Universities in the country angry angry angry
Donalð Genes: So, I heard this on channelsTv this morning during their morning daily rise program after an indepth interview with The minister for Information via skype,that is if you ever watch it by 7 am.
The presenter said it will take come into effect from year two in all our Ivory towers curriculum.

Hmmmmph! And i ask'd, ''What happens to other language like Ibibio and Efit,Yoruba and Hausa,Delat Igbo,Kunari, I think they should do same for all languages as it is highly improbable it will not create an unhealthy dose of political hatred even in school..This is a no brainer political move at all to who ever birth this kind of idea..Lets watch and see

Looking for source, you may ask channels News on their Twitter handle and they will confirm it to you
Re: Is It True From Next Year,learning Igbo Language Is A Must In Our Universities? by hakanai(m): 7:16pm On Dec 30, 2013
Why not provide the native languages and insist where ever students are, one language is compulsory from primary to tertiary. Just like moral instructions (Religious knowledge).
Re: Is It True From Next Year,learning Igbo Language Is A Must In Our Universities? by MayorofLagos(m): 7:39pm On Dec 30, 2013
Donalð Genes: So, I heard this on channelsTv this morning during their morning daily rise program after an indepth interview with The minister for Information via skype,that is if you ever watch it by 7 am.

Its not that Yorubas spontaneously jump up and start denigrating Ibos; plenty of times Ibos love to be denigrated. You guys beg for public humiliation. A post such as this one achieve exactly that - a public revealation of gaps that ought to be kept secret and from which to save yourself an unecessary ridicule and embarassment. cool

2 Likes

Re: Is It True From Next Year,learning Igbo Language Is A Must In Our Universities? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 30, 2013
Ibo language to be made compulsory in universities in ENGLAND and AMERICA
Re: Is It True From Next Year,learning Igbo Language Is A Must In Our Universities? by Olugbenger(m): 10:50pm On Dec 30, 2013
Oga Dayokanu, wetin do your post?

who commot am? grin grin
Re: Is It True From Next Year,learning Igbo Language Is A Must In Our Universities? by Kponkwem(m): 10:51pm On Dec 30, 2013
AIT announced only ABSU made it compulsory from year 2. And its for all its students irrespective of tribe.
Re: Is It True From Next Year,learning Igbo Language Is A Must In Our Universities? by DonaldGenes(m): 11:20am On Dec 31, 2013
Afam4eva: In just one University according to the news, Gregory University.

Thanks, Though I have never heard such School before
Re: Is It True From Next Year,learning Igbo Language Is A Must In Our Universities? by DonaldGenes(m): 11:22am On Dec 31, 2013
geeez: Keep it to Anambra, Enugu, Ebonyi, Imo and Abia and we will restrict the language of instruction in Lagos, Ogun, Oyo, Osun and Ekiti to Yoruba language in our schools

Hahahaha! Ah talk am, this will breed fight
Re: Is It True From Next Year,learning Igbo Language Is A Must In Our Universities? by DonaldGenes(m): 11:26am On Dec 31, 2013
Kponkwem: AIT announced only ABSU made it compulsory from year 2. And its for all its students irrespective of tribe.

Is it a private school or Govt own kinda
Re: Is It True From Next Year,learning Igbo Language Is A Must In Our Universities? by dayokanu(m): 5:26pm On Dec 31, 2013
Yes o in Clarus and Giringory university

(1) (Reply)

Prophet Caught With A Married Woman Having S*x / Chibok Family Release Statement On Aborted Meeting With GEJ / Policeman Wants APC To Take Control Of Nigeria’s Leadership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.