Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,756 members, 7,802,312 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:20 PM

Help Me Pls : I Want To Block/destroy My Stolen Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help Me Pls : I Want To Block/destroy My Stolen Phone (35231 Views)

The Face Of The Guy Using My Stolen Phone / How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months / How Can I Destroy A Stolen Phone Using Its Imei Number? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Pls : I Want To Block/destroy My Stolen Phone by timelord: 2:41pm On Aug 05, 2008
My phone was stolen on saturday and i want to destroy it even if its not with me.
Pls what is the code i will use or how will i do it?
Your help needed pls.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Pls : I Want To Block/destroy My Stolen Phone by rockafela(m): 4:52pm On Aug 05, 2008
Here is what you do. but you must have the serial no. or IMEI number of the phone

step 1.
from another phone write a text message containing only the serial number or IMEI number of the stolen phone.

step2.
send it to thesame serial number or IMEI number of the stolen phone

HERE IS AND EXAMPLE OF WHAT AM SAYING

FOR INSTANCE THE IMEI NUMBER OF THE STOLEN PHONE IS 00839487765

TYPE IT ON MESSAGE (00839487765) WITH ANOTHER PHONE AND SEND TO (00839487765)

NOTE: TO GET YOU IMEI NUMBER TYPE
*#06# FROM YOUR PHONE AND COPY THE NUMBERS OUT
KEEP THEM FOR FUTURE REFERENVES
Re: Help Me Pls : I Want To Block/destroy My Stolen Phone by DoubleD3(m): 7:39pm On Aug 19, 2008
guy ve u try it
Re: Help Me Pls : I Want To Block/destroy My Stolen Phone by Holyrule(m): 3:56am On Aug 20, 2008
I've tried that thing before. It just doesn't work. Only your network provider can do it for you,or you try downloading one "antitheft" software. It relays a message to an optional phone number with options of what u want to do to the stolen phone. Haven't used it but know someone who has. It renders d phone useless,not even flashing can bring it back to life.

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Pls : I Want To Block/destroy My Stolen Phone by honsule(m): 4:26am On Aug 20, 2008
@poster.You are on a WILD- GOOSE chase.@rockafela.Tale by the moon light.We are in Naija not Yankee.@holyrule.Antithief cannot render ones phone useless,do you know?If you install the software on your memory card,one can just remove your card and that settles it.I have tried that one before.I have the antithief software.So just forget that one that you are yarning ok
Re: Help Me Pls : I Want To Block/destroy My Stolen Phone by folafikayo(m): 7:54am On Aug 20, 2008
@ posta
Call d cops or sumfing!
Hello!!!!!!!!!!! cum 2 face it ,ur fone is gone!
Beta still guard ur current fone wit all u gat n stop formin scofield!
Re: Help Me Pls : I Want To Block/destroy My Stolen Phone by malikalhaj: 9:14am On Aug 20, 2008
@ honsule
it's not recommended u install anti-theft on ur memory card, i don't even think u can install it on ur memory card it just goes directly to ur phone memory, well that is if u install phone guardian.
Re: Help Me Pls : I Want To Block/destroy My Stolen Phone by Magicdon(m): 12:13pm On Dec 20, 2012
I have tried it before, I sent d serial number in a message wit my mtn to d same serial number. The message hanged, telling me message failed. I repeated it the same thing. I tried sending it wit my etisalat, they collected N15 from my airtime, d message sent but told me not delivered.
Re: Help Me Pls : I Want To Block/destroy My Stolen Phone by AREWAMAFIA98(m): 6:28am On Dec 24, 2016
Can you call ur network provider and tell them whats going on

(1) (Reply)

What Blackberry Phone Has The Longest Battery-life? / Photo Of World's First 5G Smartphone / Ebube Essien-garricks MTN Aeroplane Winner (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.