Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,249 members, 7,807,845 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:37 PM

The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All (21309 Views)

Gtbank: The Secrets Behind The Success Of Nigeria’s No. 1 Bank / A Business Lesson To Learn This Week / How China Creates Jobs, A Lesson For Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by abworld6deep(m): 6:10pm On Dec 31, 2013
mrakin: I use Tecno L3. I am happy and grateful to God.

To all those who believe Tecno is fake, well that is your oppinion. Not all vehicles are priced thesame way. If you are using a phone that you think is better than Tecno, goodluck to you. I am still looking forward to buying a samsung galaxy note 10.1. Am not jealous of those using a better phone. I am happy and grateful to Tecno for this brand new phone for only #14k

By their words we shall know them.#WellSaid#
Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by ghananotnaija(m): 8:43pm On Dec 31, 2013
Nigerians and their cheap chinko phones. When will your economy improve enough so that you can afford iPhones, Samsung Galaxy S4s, and BlackBerrys like the rest of the world?

Probably never.

Sent from my Nexus 5.
Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by dipotepede(m): 10:11pm On Dec 31, 2013
Happy New Year in advance!

I was in India for the summer and I realize a majority of Indians (a similar market to Nigeria) go for Samsung S series phones as opposed to Chinese counterpart because

1. The presence of Samsung Mobile Company (not Dealership)
2. 0% credit monthly payment for 6-month to buy their Samsung phones
3. They accept trade-in of older phones of any brand for their Samsung S series
4. The promo density in all accessible media

Despite, the incentive, I was never interested in the high-end phone.

Why?

I started using the MTK Chinese phones since January this year and I truly do not see any quality difference to the high-end phones I have been using.

In fact, I was so surprised by the performance of the 35K Naira phone at that time that I replaced my 85K Naira Bold 5 with it.

Till today, I am still using the phone and it refused to go under.

The reasons I love it:

1. The HD screen is superb and size is perfect
2. It is very fast and I can multitask
3. Yeah, its Android 4.1 and has dual sim
4. The camera quality is superb
5. The feel of the phone

I presently use it with a Nokia Lumia but I still prefer the MTK Chinese phone to the Nokia.

I am tired of correcting everyone that sees the phone that it is not HTC- it is a Chinese MTK phone and I am proud of it!
Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by adadadon(m): 10:13pm On Dec 31, 2013
mustaphagreens:
@op thanks for the advice but dude you need to stop using/worshipping that device of a tecno, isn't it obvious to you that ever since it entered into your life it'd done more harm than good as regards your grammar? I charge you fellow nairalanders to find time and go through 10 other tecno threads on this forum and it will so shock you to see that only one outta ten is free of gross grammatical blunders, what's really happening? Is it that most tecno users or fans are illiterates? Take it 4rm me, with time you guys are going to create the impression that the moment one buys a tecno device(be it phone or laptop) one automatically is signed up for 'grammatical bondage' and by that potential customers shall be frightened away(you might think it's a joke but i'm serious grin ) , wtf! Like seriously, i was thinking of purchasing a tecno device but if this' what'll become of my grammar after prolonged use, i rather settle 4 a nokia 3310

Guy your English sef get comma jare
Dey use grammatical blunder dey judge people.
Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by ghananotnaija(m): 10:23pm On Dec 31, 2013
dipotepede: Happy New Year in advance!

I was in India for the summer and I realize a majority of Indians (a similar market to Nigeria) go for Samsung S series phones as opposed to Chinese counterpart because

1. The presence of Samsung Mobile Company (not Dealership)
2. 0% credit monthly payment for 6-month to buy their Samsung phones
3. They accept trade-in of older phones of any brand for their Samsung S series
4. The promo density in all accessible media

Despite, the incentive, I was never interested in the high-end phone.

Why?

I started using the MTK Chinese phones since January this year and I truly do not see any quality difference to the high-end phones I have been using.

In fact, I was so surprised by the performance of the 35K Naira phone at that time that I replaced my 85K Naira Bold 5 with it.

Till today, I am still using the phone and it refused to go under.

The reasons I love it:

1. The HD screen is superb and size is perfect
2. It is very fast and I can multitask
3. Yeah, its Android 4.1 and has dual sim
4. The camera quality is superb
5. The feel of the phone

I presently use it with a Nokia Lumia but I still prefer the MTK Chinese phone to the Nokia.

I am tired of correcting everyone that sees the phone that it is not HTC- it is a Chinese MTK phone and I am proud of it!

SMH, poverty is a disease. All the same, happy new year to you.
Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by OOLUSOGA(m): 2:28am On Jan 01, 2014
dis is lovely my guy. this is intersting thank for this heartlifting post.
Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by voicelez: 3:52am On Jan 01, 2014
I love my tecno a+, but plzzzz I need a 2 gig ram phone. so I tink Itz time u upgrade more tecno

Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by chukxie(m): 5:12am On Jan 01, 2014
Chartey:
Well, don't hope too much because Tecno is not even known in China.

You're right about Tecno not being known in China. I'm yet to come across anyone with a Tecno phone in China. The Chinese government, being a very observant one, keeps track of all revenue generated by Chinese companies and brands abroad. I hope they - the Chinese government- appreciates the contributions Nigerians have made and are still making to the expansion of Tecno both as a company and a brand in Africa.
Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by xxxtedyxxx(m): 12:00pm On Jan 01, 2014
yorke1:

TECNO is making you guys to feel among now. But you guys simply forget that if it is not original then it's fake. TECNO is a fake and substandard phone and you guys are ashamed to deal with that. #TEAMBB

Mumu...

Just compare ur bold2 to tecno a+...?.ode.

Be reasonable before u post. Not everyone is expected to post. Can't u just read n ignore if u av nothing worthwile to say?.

Tecno is fake substanddard fone..which one ur papa manufacture?.

Get a life. U r d fake one here.
Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by xxxtedyxxx(m): 12:01pm On Jan 01, 2014
chukxie:

You're right about Tecno not being known in China. I'm yet to come across anyone with a Tecno phone in China. The Chinese government, being a very observant one, keeps track of all revenue generated by Chinese companies and brands abroad. I hope they - the Chinese government- appreciates the contributions Nigerians have made and are still making to the expansion of Tecno both as a company and a brand in Africa.

Mumu.u don av u lived in china?
Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by koretlinkz: 3:49pm On Jan 01, 2014
mustaphagreens:
@op thanks for the advice but dude you need to stop using/worshipping that device of a tecno, isn't it obvious to you that ever since it entered into your life it'd done more harm than good as regards your grammar? I charge you fellow nairalanders to find time and go through 10 other tecno threads on this forum and it will so shock you to see that only one outta ten is free of gross grammatical blunders, what's really happening? Is it that most tecno users or fans are illiterates? Take it 4rm me, with time you guys are going to create the impression that the moment one buys a tecno device(be it phone or laptop) one automatically is signed up for 'grammatical bondage' and by that potential customers shall be frightened away(you might think it's a joke but i'm serious grin ) , wtf! Like seriously, i was thinking of purchasing a tecno device but if this' what'll become of my grammar after prolonged use, i rather settle 4 a nokia 3310

Look at this dummy forming to be an English teacher...
I can see that, your lecturer didn't quite expose you to error types.

Point of correction bro.. It is called typograhically error 'cos the op's view has been translated to a written text.
Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by texazzpete(m): 5:26pm On Jan 01, 2014
xxxtedyxxx:

You don't have to have lived in China know that Tecno has no significant marketshare in China.

1 Like

Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by chukxie(m): 6:03pm On Jan 01, 2014
xxxtedyxxx:

Kai, man don see something for NL. See who dey call person mumu. Common pidgin English dey hard you to write yet you dey call somebody mumu. If i be mumu then your case na dementia!
On a serious note, I don't have any problems with Tecno products. Why should I? What I said about not coming across anyone in China with a Tecno phone was true. I haven't seen anyone with a Tecno phone in China. There definitely would be some users of Tecno phones in China but I haven't seen any. On the other hand, I've seen a lot of Chinese people with indegenious brands like Coolpad, Gionee, Huawei, Lenovo, Xiaomin etc.
Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by xxxtedyxxx(m): 8:42pm On Jan 01, 2014
ghananotnaija: Nigerians and their cheap chinko phones. When will your economy improve enough so that you can afford iPhones, Samsung Galaxy S4s, and BlackBerrys like the rest of the world?

Probably never.

Sent from my Nexus 5.
idiot , na all dose fones wey u mention u get abi...ode
Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by xxxtedyxxx(m): 8:45pm On Jan 01, 2014
chukxie:

Kai, man don see something for NL. See who dey call person mumu. Common pidgin English dey hard you to write yet you dey call somebody mumu. If i be mumu then your case na dementia!
On a serious note, I don't have any problems with Tecno products. Why should I? What I said about not coming across anyone in China with a Tecno phone was true. I haven't seen anyone with a Tecno phone in China. There definitely would be some users of Tecno phones in China but I haven't seen any. On the other hand, I've seen a lot of Chinese people with indegenious brands like Coolpad, Gionee, Huawei, Lenovo, Xiaomin etc.

Ur foolishness is really outstanding?..I don't know weda u r dumb or just being plain stupid. If u avent bein to china don't blog trash just becos u wana bash or deride tecno products. Ode. U avent been to china so shut dey bleep UP. .simple as abc.
Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by xxxtedyxxx(m): 8:51pm On Jan 01, 2014
texazzpete:

You don't have to have lived in China know that Tecno has no significant marketshare in China.

Significant market share is different from no market share @ all. I wonder y u guys r just dumb. Each company has its own strategy dey follow. Dats what works works for dem. As a fone manufacturing company. U must av a niche. All u tecno haters r just plain stupid or retarded. Cos u know nothing abt targeting a niche. Every company has a niche. Dats what dey follow. So shut dey Bleep Up. N stup bashing tecno. Mumu people..ow many fones who na country dey make?.idiots..
Tecno is doing well..tecno is just a 6years old company..look @ whr dey are now.. Dumb ass retards.

If u wana compare fones, compare a tecno fone wit anoda fone withing d same price range..if u can't do dat..den u r dumb and foolish.

A company is making progress some idiots dat can't even make a moving toy r here hating. Smh.

If u hate tecno..Go to ait or raypower wit microphone...mtcheww

#tecno all d way...p9...mini tab tins. Kill ur sef.
Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by Boomboost(m): 10:05pm On Jan 01, 2014
Learn 4rm tecno,but get smarter than tecno...
Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by ghananotnaija(m): 12:19am On Jan 02, 2014
xxxtedyxxx: idiot , na all dose fones wey u mention u get abi...ode

Yes, I have a Nexus 5, do you even know what that is?
Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by chukxie(m): 2:26am On Jan 02, 2014
xxxtedyxxx:

Ur foolishness is really outstanding?..I don't know weda u r dumb or just being plain stupid. If u avent bein to china don't blog trash just becos u wana bash or deride tecno products. Ode. U avent been to china so shut dey bleep UP. .simple as abc.

Only a person with little or no senses goes about cursing people unnecessarily. Your inability to hold an intelligent conversation is the reason you go about cursing people on NL. There's no place in my posts where I surreptitiously bashed Tecno products. Why should I bash any product or exalt one over another? Tecno is obviously doing a great job in Nigeria and in Africa by making and selling affordable smartphones. That's a plausible thing!
You said I've never been to China. I wonder how you came about such an assumption. For your information I've been living and travelling in and out of China, Hong Kong and South Korea for about 9 years, mate. So, I was telling the truth when I said I was yet to see a Chinese person with a Tecno phone.
Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by gabuu(m): 8:06am On Jan 02, 2014
See Nigerians bashing themselves because of a foreign product. Me think the question is, when are we going to start manufacturing our own devices and stop consuming other people's products?

The Chinese are coming and they are consuming everything on their path like locust, believe me, if we do not stand firm, they will so F&@/4 us up, what the Europeans did to our grandfathers in 100years will be child's play. Guys wake up and smell the coffe.
Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by gabuu(m): 8:34am On Jan 02, 2014
Tecno has a manufacturing plant in Ethiopia. Ethiopia, not Nigeria, it's biggest market. Oh I hear they are setting up a manufacturing plant in Nigeria soon..... Story. Do you know why? Ethiopia Airline is the best airline as per logistics and distribution of cargo in Africa. Google it if you doubt me.

So, the china man manufacture a Tecno phone in Ethiopia and Ggam, he airfreight it direct to the market within a week, Addis Ababa-Nigeria route is far shorter and cheaper than China-Hongkong-Nigeria, guess what you still get the price at the China-Hongkong-Nigeria price.

Ethiopia Airline has a direct entry to Enugu airport. For the Chinese business man that is two points of entry into Nigeria. He can now send his cargo to Lagos and Enugu. Guys, they are carving us for the kill.
Way forward.

The govt need to provide enabling environment within the country to ensure that all OEM must have a manufacturing plant in the country. The regular excuse is the lack of electricity. I agree we have that challenge but the likes of MTN and Co are copping why not them. Or impose high tariff on the devices ( corruption for airport na another wahala) imported to the country. Bottom line is, we either find a way to manufacture in the country or continue to consume and perish, eventually.

1 Like

Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by Chartey(m): 9:53am On Jan 02, 2014
It is no secret that Tecno is NOT in China. I know they make some of their phones in Ethiopia, they make some in China but they definitely don't sell them in China. They sell only in Africa. There are big Chinese brands that partner with GoogleAndroid officially the same way Samsung, HTC, LG etc do. Tecno is known only in Africa.
http://altwire.utne.com/zine/international_new/chinese-mobile-phone-company-tecno-expla/4d2f4c475636413138376771644d7743544a714d33773d3d
http://www.howwemadeitinafrica.com/chinese-mobile-phone-company-tecno-explains-why-it-only-does-business-in-africa/23521/
https://www.nairaland.com/1329618/chinese-mobile-phone-company-tecno
Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by Angelstartups(f): 10:35am On Jan 02, 2014
Do you have a unique idea or run a business that's lucrative but needs start-up capital? Look no further...
Join www.angelstartups.com.ng as an Entrepreneur and connect with Angel Investors waiting for the next big Idea!

Or you have the cash and want to invest in a business that will give you good returns on your investment...Sign up for free on www.angelstartups.com.ng as an investor. Warren Buffet became a billionaire as an Investor!

Drop your questions here on how it works.

Compliments of the season to you all!

Follow us on twitter:@angelstartups
Like us on Facebook:www.facebook.cm/angelstartupsng
Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by samzhee(m): 10:50am On Jan 02, 2014
maxibrainz: you guys should wait for team samsung
To hell with Samsung
Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by stchinedu: 3:27pm On Jan 02, 2014
Me like e...fone na fone. If na tecno my money reach I go buy, if na Samsung nko, same ni...
samzhee:
To hell with Samsung
Chartey: It is no secret that Tecno is NOT in China. I know they make some of their phones in Ethiopia, they make some in China but they definitely don't sell them in China. They sell only in Africa. There are big Chinese brands that partner with GoogleAndroid officially the same way Samsung, HTC, LG etc do. Tecno is known only in Africa.
http://altwire.utne.com/zine/international_new/chinese-mobile-phone-company-tecno-expla/4d2f4c475636413138376771644d7743544a714d33773d3d
http://www.howwemadeitinafrica.com/chinese-mobile-phone-company-tecno-explains-why-it-only-does-business-in-africa/23521/
https://www.nairaland.com/1329618/chinese-mobile-phone-company-tecno
gabuu: Tecno has a manufacturing plant in Ethiopia. Ethiopia, not Nigeria, it's biggest market. Oh I hear they are setting up a manufacturing plant in Nigeria soon..... Story. Do you know why? Ethiopia Airline is the best airline as per logistics and distribution of cargo in Africa. Google it if you doubt me.
So, the china man manufacture a Tecno phone in Ethiopia and Ggam, he airfreight it direct to the market within a week, Addis Ababa-Nigeria route is far shorter and cheaper than China-Hongkong-Nigeria, guess what you still get the price at the China-Hongkong-Nigeria price.
Ethiopia Airline has a direct entry to Enugu airport. For the Chinese business man that is two points of entry into Nigeria. He can now send his cargo to Lagos and Enugu. Guys, they are carving us for the kill.
Way forward.
The govt need to provide enabling environment within the country to ensure that all OEM must have a manufacturing plant in the country. The regular excuse is the lack of electricity. I agree we have that challenge but the likes of MTN and Co are copping why not them. Or impose high tariff on the devices ( corruption for airport na another wahala) imported to the country. Bottom line is, we either find a way to manufacture in the country or continue to consume and perish, eventually.
Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by tck2000(m): 11:17am On Jul 20, 2019
Tecno
Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by scarycuteface(m): 2:41pm On Jul 20, 2019
And the fact they have a lot of great phone in 2019 also hope them, they will soon be selling in Ukraine, so give it all ro them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Have You Seen The New 5000 Naira Note? / Is E-naira Dead? / What Business Can I Start With Just N150,000?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.