Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,816 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:04 AM

2014 Budget: South West Neglects In The Allocation Of The Projects - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2014 Budget: South West Neglects In The Allocation Of The Projects (2442 Views)

Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects / PDP Chieftain Criticizes Buhari Over Allocation Of N39.4bn For Oil Exploration / What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2014 Budget: South West Neglects In The Allocation Of The Projects by Nobody: 6:27am On Dec 31, 2013
AS the presidency is addressing claims of marginalisation in federal appointments by the South West, the zone may be facing a new form of discrimination, going by the proposed details in some ministries in 2014 budget.
A breakdown of new projects proposed by the Federal Ministry of Water Resources, which was obtained by the Nigerian Tribune, showed the South West largely neglected in the allocation of the projects, compared with other five geopolitical zones.
Analysis of capital projects of about N30 billion proposed by the ministry showed the three zones of the North taking the lion share of over 80 per cent, while with three southern zones competed with 20 per cent, of which South-West had less than two per cent.
Of over 30 new irrigation projects proposed in the 2014 budget, only two were located in the South West.
The two, lower and middle Ogun, however, had only design funding of less than N10 million, in contrast to similar new irrigation projects in Kaduna, Kano and Yobe, to which over N1.2 billion was allocated.
Of the 41 new earth dam projects proposed by the ministry, South West had only one at Ile-Ife, Osun State, with about 75 per cent of the dams located in the North, while the old Eastern region had the rest.
Further checks showed that while the Ile-Ife dam had only N100 million allocated to it, similar projects located in the Middle Belt and core North had between N250 million to over N500 million allocated to them in the next fiscal year.
The South West was not only neglected in the areas of irrigation and new dams, the region was also shortchanged in town/city water projects, as there was no allocation to the region in the over 40 new water works projects in the country. A check showed the North being the major beneficiary of the projects, followed by the South-South and the South East.
Northern cities benefitting from the water works projects included Talata Marafa, Takum, Gombe, Biu, Zungeru, Langtang, Damaturu, Uguru, Bulkashuwa, among others. While the reasons for the lopsidedness was not clear, the proposal is, however, subject to review by the relevant committees of the two chambers of the National Assembly.
Minister of Water Resources, Mrs Sarah Ochekpe, it will be recalled, is from Plateau State, while the Permanent Secretary of the ministry, Alhaji Baba Ahmed, is a royal prince from Bauchi State.
www.osundefender.org/?p=140685
Re: 2014 Budget: South West Neglects In The Allocation Of The Projects by KenJak(m): 7:03am On Dec 31, 2013
I'm never suprised. Every amenity in Nigeria is situated in the north and yet,they still shout of hunger and thirsty.
Re: 2014 Budget: South West Neglects In The Allocation Of The Projects by mikael78: 7:20am On Dec 31, 2013
See wetin obj cause for una grin
Re: 2014 Budget: South West Neglects In The Allocation Of The Projects by Pukkah: 7:25am On Dec 31, 2013
mikael78: See wetin obj cause for una grin

How did he cause it?
Re: 2014 Budget: South West Neglects In The Allocation Of The Projects by IbokUtoroh(m): 7:36am On Dec 31, 2013
everybody knows that nothern nigeria lacks water bodies like streams , lakes n farming is their main occupation, meanwhile in the south they r ample water bodies. why waste monies on dam when we have enough supply of water for irrigation. abi them think say dam na oil well? they must talk!

3 Likes

Re: 2014 Budget: South West Neglects In The Allocation Of The Projects by mayorall(m): 7:52am On Dec 31, 2013
Thank you Mr President. Yorubas are not moved by that. God had blessed us with enough water.

1 Like

Re: 2014 Budget: South West Neglects In The Allocation Of The Projects by ChristyG(f): 8:02am On Dec 31, 2013
And yet some people are deceiving him that dat he will have the suppport of yorubas in 2015.

1 Like

Re: 2014 Budget: South West Neglects In The Allocation Of The Projects by apoti(m): 8:04am On Dec 31, 2013
Very good. It gives us a chance to appreciate the works of our Governors. Despite the neglect from FG, SW states are still far better than others

1 Like

Re: 2014 Budget: South West Neglects In The Allocation Of The Projects by Nobody: 8:15am On Dec 31, 2013
Why pick on only the budget of ministry of water resources? What about railways, road construction, power, etc?

Even in water resources, projects cannot just be divided based on geopolitical zones. Due to paucity of funds, projects should be prioritized to areas of highest impact. We all know that the north is the food basket of the nation and as such will naturally have more need for dams. Also, the north has more problem of acute water shortages. So politics aside, it is easy to understand why dams and other water facilities are concentrated in the north.

10 Likes

Re: 2014 Budget: South West Neglects In The Allocation Of The Projects by solomon111(m): 8:18am On Dec 31, 2013
lol.
Propaganda

1 Like

Re: 2014 Budget: South West Neglects In The Allocation Of The Projects by FreeGlobe(f): 8:28am On Dec 31, 2013
Christy G: And yet some people are deceiving him that dat he will have the suppport of yorubas in 2015.
yorubas vote is insignificant in Nigeria politics. obasanjo won presidency without any yorubas vote. in any case GEJ will purchase yorubas votes from Ahmed Tinubu.

I don't know why SW is crying foul. When they and their cronies where marginalizing other zones nobody said anything

6 Likes

Re: 2014 Budget: South West Neglects In The Allocation Of The Projects by dayokanu(m): 8:31am On Dec 31, 2013
Its all good, We dey wait in 2015
Re: 2014 Budget: South West Neglects In The Allocation Of The Projects by mayorall(m): 8:48am On Dec 31, 2013
FreeGlobe:
yorubas vote is insignificant in Nigeria politics. obasanjo won presidency without any yorubas vote. in any case GEJ will purchase yorubas votes from Ahmed Tinubu.

I don't know why SW is crying foul. When they and their cronies where marginalizing other zones nobody said anything

Your husband go try o. A lady abusing a geo political zone, I wonder how you will handle a man. Smh
Re: 2014 Budget: South West Neglects In The Allocation Of The Projects by najoke: 8:52am On Dec 31, 2013
FreeGlobe:

^
u just displayed ur stupidity in public.....let me guess the Igbo's vote is highly significant than any other tribe in Nigeria shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked.

FISH BRAIN.

6 Likes

Re: 2014 Budget: South West Neglects In The Allocation Of The Projects by Akanbiedu(m): 8:59am On Dec 31, 2013
This is nonsensical.
Re: 2014 Budget: South West Neglects In The Allocation Of The Projects by Rhemar(m): 9:02am On Dec 31, 2013
when Obj himself was there we never benefitted from his rule we can only wish a more responsible govt comes on board by 2015
Re: 2014 Budget: South West Neglects In The Allocation Of The Projects by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:07am On Dec 31, 2013
mayorall:

Your husband go try o. A lady abusing a geo political zone, I wonder how you will handle a man. Smh
FreeGlobe is male.

1 Like

Re: 2014 Budget: South West Neglects In The Allocation Of The Projects by Olugbenger(m): 10:55am On Dec 31, 2013
GEJ lost my vote a long time ago undecided
Re: 2014 Budget: South West Neglects In The Allocation Of The Projects by ketoprofen(m): 11:12am On Dec 31, 2013
apoti: Very good. It gives us a chance to appreciate the works of our Governors. Despite the neglect from FG, SW states are still far better than others

which states are SW better than aside Lagos.
Lagos on its own. has been better than every other state since it was ceded by the British in 1861.
If one is to mention places in Nigeria where u go to have a feel of city life and luxury, who will ever recommend any Yoruba state?
Re: 2014 Budget: South West Neglects In The Allocation Of The Projects by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 31, 2013
FreeGlobe:

Abeg help me tell her oo, well, she's just saying her own. The many yorubas I've come across in 4 SW states are pitching their tents with GEJ, Afenifere has SPOKEN; thanks Ondo is already in the kitty...
And I hear there are massive plans to relocate all oil companies to their areas of operation, starting with Chevron
Let's wait and see who wins 2015 P.elections.
12 more months to go.

2 Likes

Re: 2014 Budget: South West Neglects In The Allocation Of The Projects by Femolacaster(m): 11:19am On Dec 31, 2013
Shallow thinker!
Re: 2014 Budget: South West Neglects In The Allocation Of The Projects by ChristyG(f): 11:22am On Dec 31, 2013
Gabbysky:
Abeg help me tell her oo, well, she's just saying her own. The many yorubas I've come across in 4 SW states are pitching their tents with GEJ, Afenifere has SPOKEN; thanks Ondo is already in the kitty...
And I hear there are massive plans to relocate all oil companies to their areas of operation, starting with Chevron
12 more months to go.
be deceiving urself with afenifere,dey dont speak for d yorubas either,u will all be suprised come 2015

1 Like

Re: 2014 Budget: South West Neglects In The Allocation Of The Projects by Femolacaster(m): 11:23am On Dec 31, 2013
Gabbysky:
12 more months to go.
Abeg, shut that your mouth! What did u know about south westerners? Stop spewing trash on every thread. Whether u like it or not, Gej is going back to Otuoke in 2015!

1 Like

Re: 2014 Budget: South West Neglects In The Allocation Of The Projects by FreeGlobe(f): 11:34am On Dec 31, 2013
Christy G: be deceiving urself with afenifere,dey dont speak for d yorubas either,u will all be suprised come 2015
so only Tinubu speaks for yorubas.

1 Like

Re: 2014 Budget: South West Neglects In The Allocation Of The Projects by solomon111(m): 11:34am On Dec 31, 2013
Femolacaster:
Abeg, shut that your mouth! What did u know about south westerners? Stop spewing trash on every thread. Whether u like it or not, Gej is going back to Otuoke in 2015!
That is if your vote is enough to get him out.

2 Likes

Re: 2014 Budget: South West Neglects In The Allocation Of The Projects by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 31, 2013
Femolacaster:
That's the worst u can do, just insults... While the bright brains among you are gathering and waxing stronger in Afenifere and OPC to keep GEJ in power come 2015.
I was born and bred in SW, I lived and schooled (Nur to Univ) in SW, I got my first, second and third jobs in SW, I paid my tax in SW, I got married in SW, started my family and business in SW, I bought and drove all my cars in SW, I built my first two houses in SW, I've done most of my elections in SW and I have wonderful friends from SW that think like humans, so plz bro don't insult me by asking me what I know about SW. 80% of my tenants are yorubas, and I know what they shared in our end-of-year get-together. Thanks for reading my posts btw.
12 months to go - GEJ till 2019 simple!!

5 Likes

Re: 2014 Budget: South West Neglects In The Allocation Of The Projects by ChristyG(f): 12:10pm On Dec 31, 2013
Gabbysky:
That's the worst u can do, just insults... While the bright brains among you are gathering and waxing stronger in Afenifere and OPC to keep GEJ in power come 2015.
I was born and bred in SW, I lived and schooled (Nur to Univ) in SW, I got my first, second and third jobs in SW, I paid my tax in SW, I got married in SW, started my family and business in SW, I bought and drove all my cars in SW, I built my first two houses in SW, I've done most of my elections in SW and I have wonderful friends from SW that think like humans, so plz bro don't insult me by asking me what I know about SW. 80% of my tenants are yorubas, and I know what they shared in our end-of-year get-together. Thanks for reading my posts btw.
who is asking for ur life history,how does that change anything.u know nothing.2015 is very close.lets just watch and see

2 Likes

Re: 2014 Budget: South West Neglects In The Allocation Of The Projects by paj4love: 12:13pm On Dec 31, 2013
ketoprofen:

which states are SW better than aside Lagos.
Lagos on its own. has been better than every other state since it was ceded by the British in 1861.
If one is to mention places in Nigeria where u go to have a feel of city life and luxury, who will ever recommend any Yoruba state?

Lagos!!!! thats all they have, even they are tenants in their own state ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,"Lagos"

2 Likes

Re: 2014 Budget: South West Neglects In The Allocation Of The Projects by Rhemar(m): 12:14pm On Dec 31, 2013
Gabbysky:
12 more months to go.
don't be deceived GeJ won't av d votes of yorubas nd if u don't know Ondo state is where he'll probably record d least percentage of vote
Re: 2014 Budget: South West Neglects In The Allocation Of The Projects by paj4love: 12:18pm On Dec 31, 2013
Gabbysky:

Guy you be badoooooo '''''''''''' so you have plenty SW as tenants ,,,,, Na Waooooo
Re: 2014 Budget: South West Neglects In The Allocation Of The Projects by Ayekotoo(m): 1:03pm On Dec 31, 2013
Gabbysky:
so because you were born and bred in southwest, yoruba will leave Buhari/ Fashola or Tambuwal/ Fashola and vote for Jonathan/ sambo? you kid won't kill me. As for your life story you typed above, that tells you how accommodating and tolerant yorubas are. same way we go to developed nations to buy lands and houses albeit UK. Can the same tolerance be replicated by your kinsmen aka villagers? No

1 Like

Re: 2014 Budget: South West Neglects In The Allocation Of The Projects by Ayekotoo(m): 1:07pm On Dec 31, 2013
FreeGlobe:
so only Tinubu speaks for yorubas.
so young man, yorubas don't do follow follow like your kinsmen. Tinubu is being appreciated because of many things in which Fashola is one one them. Another thing is that the yorubas are always like to be in the opposition right from the days of colonialism till date. so you folks can change that.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Trouble In Yola (adamawa State) / They Killed Azazi To Cover Up, Boko Haram Sponsors Are Friends Of Jonathan, – / Catalonians Take To The Street To Ask For Total Independence From Spain. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.